Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car (46724 Views)

She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million / Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London / Lady Receives The Shock Of Her Life 3 Years After She Divorced Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by lexy2014: 12:06pm On May 08, 2022
frozen70:

If both of them raised the money for building and he decided to buy the car

If am the woman, I will collect the car and use it for my children

if they both the raised money, how then are u going to "collect the car"? was the man not going to use the car for the children? abi na only u born the children?

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by funsho75(m): 12:08pm On May 08, 2022
Lol.. The way we dey judge people from one sided story ehn....

There is no big deal having a car before building a house..

I even prefer car first, building house no be small thing ooo...

3 Likes

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Daroldigits: 12:10pm On May 08, 2022
She's a wise woman
ObamaMessi:
A woman in the area where I recide reportedly divorced her husband for buying a car instead of building a house.It was said that the divorced husband failed to listen to the wife to build a house and bought a car with the money they both raised.

What is our society turning into?

LadiesForever Jeon

2 Likes

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Lamasta(m): 12:10pm On May 08, 2022
ObamaMessi:
A woman in the area where I recide reportedly divorced her husband for buying a car instead of building a house.It was said that the divorced husband failed to listen to the wife to build a house and bought a car with the money they both raised.

Is the car not for the family's use Must the wife have the final say I know the man must have given her many reasons to go with the car first before the building which she turned down just for her to have the final say.....

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by tctrills: 12:10pm On May 08, 2022
Sterope:
The money they both raised. I hope you meet your match
How do you know I am not happily married for more than 10 years now? The woman only divorced because the man refused to do her bidding. She had so many other options.
1. She could have forgiven and started saving up for the house.
2. She could have demanded her part of the money and made the man pay it back.
3. She could have enjoyed the car with him and be happy with his decision.
She chose divorce this tells us the kind of person she is. Money is not more important than relationships. We let money go to keep relationships. I hope you meet someone who takes his relationship with you over money.

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by derecho(m): 12:11pm On May 08, 2022
As much as you have a point, he could also lose the land to another person or anything could also happen.

Divorcing your husband because of buying a car is extreme.
Truvelisback:
The man is a Fool. Na wetin him wan use car do? Car could break down at anytime and the price could depriciate with time but building a house is a lifetime investment. He could have rented some of the rooms while they live in 2rooms. I percieve they are even living in a rented appartment.
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by emmykk(m): 12:12pm On May 08, 2022
It depends on the cost of the car...some car usage can also bring money for building a house.

Car is a necessity like phone is just that Nigeria is a difficult place

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Hassanmaye(m): 12:12pm On May 08, 2022
ObamaMessi:

LadiesForever Jeon
That's why we keep shouting that gender on nairaland, people think we are misogynists lol
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Lamasta(m): 12:12pm On May 08, 2022
Daroldigits:
She's a wise woman
So divorcing her husband is what made her wise
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by integrity16(m): 12:12pm On May 08, 2022
The husband might have taken a wrong decision but it's not enough to divorce the husband.
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by RichAbujaGuy: 12:13pm On May 08, 2022
Who is the bleeping man of the household these days? The male or the female?
Anyway, there's not enough info in the op to give a opinion of/on their former relationship before the divorce.
Who knows, he may have needed a reliable car to get to work or do his hustle or business.
She may have no longer loved her husband and wanted a house to enjoy with her side/next guy. Some of dem bring the side guy into dere matrimonial homes while still married. Just search NL for the threads. wink

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Rawtruth1: 12:13pm On May 08, 2022
It's not enough reason to divorce him. She is apparently the type of woman that discourage some of us advanced Bachelors from marrying.

I hate this type of scandal. She is an unbeliever and needs to accept Jesus into her life ASAP and run back to her husband.

She could be right in what she suggested and I buy the idea but she is probably under some influence, just looking for little excuse to elope with another lover.. Cheater symptoms

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by when2(f): 12:14pm On May 08, 2022
Desperados:

Maybe the Car has a sitting-room at the front and 3 bedroom at the back,
then a toilet at the boot, a kitchen at the front engine compartment.

I think that man need better Brain Resetting-
slap to wake he sense up.

Lol!
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by tctrills: 12:15pm On May 08, 2022
ZIAZI:

Slave keh? On top joint funds. She's an equal stakeholder jare, and it's obvious the man bought the car without her consent first sought and obtained.
we are not praising the man for that. But the woman's decision shows the kind of person she is in the first place. I have a friend who wasted his entire house rent on gambling. This was money raised by him and his wife. It was very sad and crazy. But the wife valued their relationship over money. Today he no more gambles. They are still together. That's what we call a wife, not these modern girls that think money defines everything. Sorry if I sound old school but that's the way I was brought up.

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by CurrentSamuel(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2022
It's well
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by micflo28(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2022
Women obviously are wiser than men. Car maintenance will never let you achieve other dreams of yours. It’s a bad decision.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by hope4nigeria(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2022
frozen70:

If both of them raised the money for building and he decided to buy the car

If am the woman, I will collect the car and use it for my children

Then go behind him buy a land and start building secretly

This is one of the reasons women builds house without their husband's consent

He just want to show of with the car, whereas accommodation in is what the family need not car
no man will pray to have a woman like you,better you divorce if I'm the husband, if you suprise me by building a house secretly, I will also suprise you with secret buyer. No wonder young men of nowadays don't want to marry anymore
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by 1ludroli0: 12:17pm On May 08, 2022
TIME TO WIN VERY BIG!!!
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by simplepee(f): 12:19pm On May 08, 2022
frozen70:

Are we talking about infidelity here or we are talking about an irresponsible man like you, who doesn't have a better plan for his family but to use the family financial plans for his own pleasure just like you
Stupidity angry

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by DEMAGE(m): 12:21pm On May 08, 2022
[quote author=ObamaMessi post=112591479]A woman in the area where I recide reportedly divorced her husband for buying a car instead of building a house.It was said that the divorced husband failed to listen to the wife to build a house and bought a car with the money they both raised.

What is our society turning into
@you which side are you? Is it the man side or the woman side? When you said WHAT IS OUR SOCIETY TURNING INTO
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by DEMAGE(m): 12:22pm On May 08, 2022
you which side are you? Is it the man side or the woman side? When you said WHAT IS OUR SOCIETY TURNING INTO
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by olisaEze(m): 12:22pm On May 08, 2022
Nairaland now carries street gossip, na wa oh! grin

2 Likes

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Sterope(f): 12:23pm On May 08, 2022
She raised money solely for a purpose. She doesn't want mobility X she wanted to start building a house. That is the and so. It is called respecting other people's money.
erico2k2:

and so?can't she use the said car as well to ease mobility

2 Likes

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 08, 2022
Very wise woman

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Wallade(m): 12:25pm On May 08, 2022
ObamaMessi:

LadiesForever Jeon

I can't understand why he chose to buy a car rather than build a house as discussed and planned with the wife.

However, there must be a reason he chose the car over a house, at the moment. You don't know his plans and the wife should have listened to him on his plans going forward since he has used the money for the house to buy a car.

The most stupid decision is to divorce the husband on this basis. I keep saying:

Marriage is the plan and design of God; God is the head of the Church and the man is the head of the family. He is accountable and responsibie for the home, he is expected to love his wife and kids completely and the wife is expected to love and submit to her husband completely.

Imagine me asking, working and praying to God for the blessing of a brand new house in Abuja and God chose to give me a car. Then I start questioning God and get angry with God and separate from God.

Do I know the plan of God? If God shows me his plan, however incomprehensible for me or difficult to understand or see happening, do I just wave it off and cut God off my life? Am I not being disobedient, disrespectful and unsubmissive to God.

The orientation of couples to marriage is fast becoming a shame and different from the plan and purpose of God.

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by erico2k2(m): 12:25pm On May 08, 2022
Sterope:
She raised money solely for a purpose. She doesn't want mobility X she wanted to start building a house. That is the and so. It is called respecting other people's money.
and Now that she has left the union her gain is??
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Sterope(f): 12:25pm On May 08, 2022
You think a Nigerian woman who is choosing building a home over a car would divorce her man solely because of this. Her husband must be a financially irresponsible .

tctrills:
How do you know I am not happily married for more than 10 years now? The woman only divorced because the man refused to do her bidding. She had so many other options.
1. She could have forgiven and started saving up for the house.
2. She could have demanded her part of the money and made the man pay it back.
3. She could have enjoyed the car with him and be happy with his decision.
She chose divorce this tells us the kind of person she is. Money is not more important than relationships. We let money go to keep relationships. I hope you meet someone who takes his relationship with you over money.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by BigNija: 12:26pm On May 08, 2022
Poverty mentality is to think you must own a house before buying a car.
Get sense, car is not a luxury as soon as you are married, you deserve a car for your family safety and comfort.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Cokahot: 12:28pm On May 08, 2022
What car,is it up to 5m naira.
Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Fatbam003: 12:28pm On May 08, 2022
Never follow women do money matter another lesson learned

1 Like

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Akachai2030(m): 12:28pm On May 08, 2022
VictorUSA:
He is a man, you don't judge him.
so because he is a man, he is entitled to what ever pleases him

4 Likes

Re: Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car by Miner13: 12:30pm On May 08, 2022
ObamaMessi:
I hope you are not going infidelity.That will bring a total breakdown of the family.
is it not better to breakdown the family to breaking down the woman whose acceptance of going through the rough tunnel with her man.but to wake to a surprise diverse of course.. a very selfish man finding a way to impressing his sidechicks.rubbish alphamale

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cheating Man Remains With A Violent, Cheating Wife Who Has Another Man's Child / Man Buys His Mother A Car As Valentine Gift (Photos) / Zimbabwean Man Forces His Wife To Watch Him Have Sex With Prostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.