Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi (16292 Views)

2023: APC Not Interested In Igbo Presidency But a Nigerian Presidency - Uzodinma / #EndSARS: Nigeria Now Divided - Governor Bala Mohammed / Gara-Gombe: Aisha Buhari Wanted Amokachi As Sports Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by mrvitalis(m): 2:09pm On May 07, 2022
LongBig:

Lol is like you have forgotten we are talking about presidential election not local government! Lol compare your meager 500k with over 5m votes won in the south west, abeg rest! Go and claim your right with the pdp that is where the east and south south invested. Shikenah!
I don't think u understand ...if u dash PDP a the vote APC got in south west ,south east and south south APC would still win by 500k votes

Now tell me why APC should hand over power to south

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by LongBig(m): 2:16pm On May 07, 2022
mrvitalis:

I don't think u understand ...if u dash PDP a the vote APC got in south west ,south east and south south APC would still win by 500k votes

Now tell me why APC should hand over power to south

Let me simplify it for you! Give Atiku the 5m South-West delivered for Buhari in previous election and see atiku cruise to victory! Give Buhari the east and south south meager votes whilst you deduct the south west votes and see if he would have smell the presidency! Politics is logic no be sentiment.
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by ityP(m): 2:19pm On May 07, 2022
Kriss216:

Only a foolish person will believe Buhari will handover to a Southerner.

You're that foolish person o, because both PDP and APC will present Southerners as their candidate
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by mrvitalis(m): 2:26pm On May 07, 2022
LongBig:

Let me simplify it for you! Give Atiku the 5m South-West delivered for Buhari in previous election and see atiku cruise to victory! Give Buhari the east and south south meager votes whilst you deduct the south west votes and see if he would have smell the presidency! Politics is logic no be sentiment.
Lamo 5 million from were ? You dey dream ?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by LongBig(m): 2:37pm On May 07, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lamo 5 million from were ? You dey dream ?

Must you argue over everything? Google is your friend my brother.
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Pinklygul: 2:37pm On May 07, 2022
id911:
We in the Niger Delta only did a single term. If it's actually the turn of the south as claimed, and in fairness, equity and justice, Niger Delta must be allowed to complete their term or the people in the South East should have a go. Anything other than this, the north also have the right to contest in the two biggest parties.

Well said
They can't keep using their population to intimidate the rest of us in the south

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by mrvitalis(m): 2:39pm On May 07, 2022
LongBig:

Must you argue over everything? Google is your friend my brother.
Close your mouth Buhari got less than 3 million from south west

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by LongBig(m): 2:55pm On May 07, 2022
mrvitalis:

Close your mouth Buhari got less than 3 million from south west

I talk with fact I don’t blab! He got whooping 4.5m in 2015 alone! So what are you saying? Abeg rest! Show me his result from the east and south south combine not even a quarter of it! Politics Na game of numbers no be sentiment!
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Iceberg3: 3:01pm On May 07, 2022
For tinubu to become president,power should instead remain in the north
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Igboland: 3:04pm On May 07, 2022
Just imagine what is coming out from this bloody fool. You n who decide if the presidency should come to the south it should come to to the SE.

I have said it times without number a lot of igbos are just simply mad. Buhari this fool is quoting is from the NW, Yardua is also from the NW n even from the same Katsina the fool wasn't asking for equity in that regards
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Okwyjesus(m): 3:07pm On May 07, 2022
redPUSSY:
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State says President Muhammadu Buhari’s body language supports candidate from the South for the 2023 presidency, but the region is divided.

The governor, who received the President in Ebonyi on Friday, disclosed this during an interview on Channels TV’s Politics Today.

He said, “We cannot be honest by half. When zoning doesn’t exclude people from contesting, it’s been happening. There is no political face that is not zoning in this country. And the body language of the Mr President is well disposed toward the presidency shifting to the south.

“But when the south cannot handle it on the basis of equity, fairness and justice, then we should continue to suggest that we shouldn’t blackmail the north; we should deceive ourselves. This thing should be thrown open because if there is no zoning, then you have no right to continue to agitate that the north cannot contest.

“We cannot be used to drag presidency to the south and then we are shortchanged. So we should be part of such agitation if such fairness and equity cannot be ascribed to us. That is the position of most leaders in the South-East.

“I’m not asking that people from the South-West should not run; it is their constitutional right. But I want to say that we have worked together, the southern governors said presidency should rotate to the south, but on the basis of equity, fairness, and justice we had the South-East in mind, since the South-East never tested it.

“Now it has become clear that the platform upon which we collectively asked the north to concede the presidency to the south is no longer the same platform upon which the realities are based; then it’s fair and just that we should allow anybody in the country to run.”

http://saharareporters.com/2022/05/07/2023-buhari-supports-southern-presidency-south-east-south-west-are-divided-%E2%80%93-governor

Lalasticlala Lalasticlala

Perfectly said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Igboland: 3:07pm On May 07, 2022
It like you read mind is was just my exact tot.
KingKO22:
grin imagine how a governor is thinking and lamenting like a pathetic fool who is expecting presidency to be given to him and his cannibal zone because he decamped ?

Presidency should be zone to SE from PDP party and SW from APC party basic.

Since 1999 your people from Ndi Beafraud have passionately committed to only PDP and blindly voting for PDP for good 22 years and you can't demand equity, fairness and justice from them only APC deserve your equality and fairness ?

SadEast is full of mad people
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Okwyjesus(m): 3:08pm On May 07, 2022
Igboland:
Just imagine what is coming out from this bloody fool. You n who decide if the presidency should come to the south it should come to to the SE.

I have said it times without number a lot of igbos are just simply mad. Buhari this fool is quoting is from the NW, Yardua is also from the NW n even from the same Katsina the fool wasn't asking for equity in that regards

Did you attend any southern Governors Forum to know what they discussed and agreed
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Alphagan(m): 3:09pm On May 07, 2022
No zoning again, we all should go to the primaries and try our luck, whosoever wins it, we rally behind him.

But I'm personally convinced Tinubu is Nigeria's best bet.
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by techWriter3: 3:11pm On May 07, 2022
If the East cannot going prez then the south should stay it
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Alphagan(m): 3:14pm On May 07, 2022
Okwyjesus:

Did you attend any southern Governors Forum to know what they discussed and agreed

Didn't you read their communique after the meeting? Where was it stated that the meeting was to usher in SE presidency?

Their stance has never changed which is a President of Southern extraction, if Umahi, in his lack of self trust and confidence didn't believe in himself, there are capable hands who are already in the ring for the battle royale from the south.
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Igboland: 3:14pm On May 07, 2022
So your dead brain don't always tell you gov forum release communique of every meet they had ? Have you seen any with demand to hand any foolish Igbo the presidency after Buhari.

Okwyjesus:

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Afonjakid: 3:17pm On May 07, 2022
KingKO22:

From their governors to their elders and even children it is believed that SW is responsible for their miserable predicament in national politics.

Imagine their elders not seeing anything wrong if PDP zone to North but find it offensive if SW comeout to contest
Thrash!! But your politicians have lamenting for equity asking north not to contest and let it be zoned to the South. Like umahi said, you can't ask for one part not to contest and still asking for equity.

Let everyone contest including northerners.. it's not the right of any region in Nigeria so your politicians should stop wailing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Oplomo: 3:20pm On May 07, 2022
Lol. I bin tell Ndi yoruba, dem think say na play.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Oplomo: 3:24pm On May 07, 2022
Kriss216:

It's late to come together.

The SW must learn the hard way.

In dokubo's voice 'they must learn a lesson'

Where is my long time friend aljharem? grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Oplomo: 3:26pm On May 07, 2022
KingKO22:
grin imagine how a governor is thinking and lamenting like a pathetic fool who is expecting presidency to be given to him and his cannibal zone because he decamped ?

Since 1999 your people from Ndi Beafraud have passionately committed to only PDP and blindly voting for PDP for good 22 years and you can't demand equity, fairness and justice from them only APC deserve your equality and fairness ?

How many yoruba where in PDP when you all pitched your tent with AD, yet still got a president of yoruba extraction on PDP platform. grin

Shebi una think say una sabi wickedness? Your lamentations just dey start, you go cry full bucket by this time next year. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by mrvitalis(m): 3:50pm On May 07, 2022
LongBig:

I talk with fact I don’t blab! He got whooping 4.5m in 2015 alone! So what are you saying? Abeg rest! Show me his result from the east and south south combine not even a quarter of it! Politics Na game of numbers no be sentiment!
Oga I said 2019 oga 2019
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by LongBig(m): 4:26pm On May 07, 2022
mrvitalis:

Oga I said 2019 oga 2019

You could have been specific! As for me I reference both election from the jump.
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Okwyjesus(m): 5:17pm On May 07, 2022
Igboland:
So your dead brain don't always tell you gov forum release communique of every meet they had ? Have you seen any with demand to hand any foolish Igbo the presidency after Buhari.

Glad to know you READ ONLY the communique.
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by cyril10(m): 5:28pm On May 07, 2022
Buhari's son has spoken, this Umahi can deceive himself.
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by Ikinternational: 5:59pm On May 07, 2022
LongBig:
I can’t invest with first bank then go to GTb to claim my returns! It will amount to a colossal lost if apc should follow what he said! Apc is not popular in the east/south south so why would they intentionally shoot themselves on the leg?

Why do people lie like this?
Go look up founding members of apc n tell me how many igbo names you see there

Since when is Nigerian politics about party ideology? How many national parties have we had since independence?
Hardly Republicans vs Democrats

Remove ex pdp members from apc what is remaining?

So you're saying if somebody popular like obi cubana ran under apc he can't win anything in SE?

The issue is not that igbos hate apc. But rather igbos feel SW voted Buhari just to spite Jonathan/SE even with knowing full well Buhari was an impending disaster.
That is the whole schism

Igbos have voted yoruba
Igbos have voted Hausa/Fulani

Those same regions will come up with every excuse in the book not to return the favor.
Funny how nobody in the SE is ever seen as qualified. How convenient...

We're adults please..let's at least try to speak truthfully. If tribalism is clouding your judgment, just say that

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by PussyKing(m): 6:12pm On May 07, 2022
grin Greed

1 Like

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by PharmacyStore: 6:14pm On May 07, 2022
Wahala everywhere for this politics
Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by wingmanIII: 6:18pm On May 07, 2022
KingKO22:

Says the son of a rabid mad dog!

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by sharpden: 6:20pm On May 07, 2022
LongBig:

Did you not give Atiku the 5m votes in 2011, did it make him president? It's either SE or North continues. If you no like am jump into lagoon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi by aku626(m): 6:21pm On May 07, 2022
I’d just like to see PYO vs Peter Obi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Lalong Patronising A Groundnut Seller iIn Jos (Photos) / Dangote, Coscharis, Stallion Group To Partner With Ekiti To Set Up Rice Mill / Police To Employ Graduates, Change Uniform.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.