Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months (39336 Views)

ASUU Confirms Strike To Start This Week / Universities That Pull Out Of Strike Will Regret Their Actions – ASUU / ASUU Announces ‘Conditional Suspension’ Of Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by chiol: 11:40am On May 09, 2022
kingi777:
Federal Government should once respect lecturers. A lecturer with a PhD starts from lecturer II with less than NGN140,000. Haba! Please they should compare the way Nigerian universities are run with other parts of the world.

How much is the salary of a PHD lecturer in private universities that have uninterrupted calendars? Also, how much is the school fees in those private universities and our neighboring countries?

The answers to the above questions would help in understanding the real problems. It could be that the government is insensitive or ASUU is insensitive and unpatriotic or students are not paying enough to take care of ASUU demands.

It seems University education in Nigeria is one of the cheapest in the world and we want to have the best quality at the same time. I am not making excuses for anyone though. All stakeholders must do their part.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by dazzlingd(m): 11:45am On May 09, 2022
What a country!!!!

Gift your children dual citizenship
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by osazsky(m): 11:46am On May 09, 2022
chiol:

How much is the salary of a PHD lecturer in private universities that have uninterrupted calendars? Also, how much is the school fees in those private universities and our neighboring countries?

The answers to the above questions would help in understanding the real problems. It could be that the government is insensitive or ASUU is insensitive and unpatriotic or students are not paying enough to take care of ASUU demands.

It seems University education in Nigeria is one of the cheapest in the world and we want to have the best quality at the same time. I am not making excuses for anyone though. All stakeholders must do their part.
it is the same professors that are in fg Sachs.. they run 4 to 5 jobs...there is a prof in my university where I work who is d vc of a priv uni..that's y no work no pay doesn't affect assu. Fg will just be saving money for them
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by ufotty2001: 11:48am On May 09, 2022
HazardAwka:
Please guys, I'm 22 years of age in 100L will be in 200L upon resumption. Guys help out, ASUU has really dealt with me, I've been at home all long. What do you suggest I go out and learn?
Learn witchcraft and night flying
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by TheGift: 11:48am On May 09, 2022
Omooba77:

http://saharareporters.com/2022/05/09/nigerian-university-lecturers-ASUU-confirms-extension-strike-3-months
If ASUU really cared, they would be brainstorming solutions, rather than trying to influence a government that places little value on Education.
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by bigpicture001: 11:51am On May 09, 2022
Timekeeper452:
ASUU didn’t deal with you, your government did.

How did the government deal with him..?
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Bahamas95(m): 11:51am On May 09, 2022
HazardAwka:
Please guys, I'm 22 years of age in 100L will be in 200L upon resumption. Guys help out, ASUU has really dealt with me, I've been at home all long. What do you suggest I go out and learn?
Barbing, no knowledge is lost.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by MoIbrahim: 11:52am On May 09, 2022
HazardAwka:

Is it ASUU or your government that has dealt with you?
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Elvis778(m): 11:52am On May 09, 2022
inoki247:
This same ASUU wey dey protest na dem dey rig failure as government...

When next election show now nd the strike is still on diz same ASUU VC will be called by INEC to come nd become REC dey will neva reject...

Both FG ASUU are greedy folks wu doesn't see any future in the youth.....
VCs are not part of ASSU

And JAMB still dey sell form allow people write exam abg shey JAMB don build schl for people wey dem dey sell form for.....
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Kwara1stson: 11:53am On May 09, 2022
Pussyassniggar:
boss I haveaccess to laptop
Anything that I can learn to earn money please
I'm interested
start affiliate marketing
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Elvis778(m): 11:53am On May 09, 2022
inoki247:
This same ASUU wey dey protest na dem dey rig failure as government...

When next election show now nd the strike is still on diz same ASUU VC will be called by INEC to come nd become REC dey will neva reject...

Both FG ASUU are greedy folks wu doesn't see any future in the youth.....

And JAMB still dey sell form allow people write exam abg shey JAMB don build schl for people wey dem dey sell form for.....
VCs are not part of ASSU
and besides, shey na still youths and students dey campaign and bring in failures as leaders?
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Pussyassniggar(f): 11:54am On May 09, 2022
Suspect33:
the earning won't be instant my friend, if that's what you're looking for, I can't help you.. my suggestion is a skill that you can learn during the duration of the strike that'll pay after graduation.
sure I'm interested
I'll either learn graphics or coding
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Pussyassniggar(f): 11:55am On May 09, 2022
WhizdomXX:

G
Following this thread with eagle eyes.
aje cool
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Pussyassniggar(f): 11:57am On May 09, 2022
Kwara1stson:
start affiliate marketing
na money to start be the issue
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by John4B: 12:00pm On May 09, 2022
Maybe this what UK saw that made them denied visa to naija graduates
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by JBoss25(m): 12:01pm On May 09, 2022
Students better protest like how they did for End SARS oo
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Buje1987(m): 12:05pm On May 09, 2022
Who knows about Affilliate Marketting and can teach me very well?
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by HazardAwka(m): 12:05pm On May 09, 2022
Remag666:
God this can't be true cry this people don finish me.
Omo time to start bombing again o.
Who even send me go back school for God's sake I look like a fvcking burden at home I can see it on their faces cry
same here

1 Like

Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Kontokola: 12:08pm On May 09, 2022
It is pathetic to know that our education system has failed. Instead of wasting away at home, I encourage all those affected to chat me up on WhatsApp 08180000654, I will introduce to a real estate business opportunity that will help you, and you will not regret it.
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Kenny242(m): 12:08pm On May 09, 2022
HazardAwka:

Venture into one of this

UI/Ux
Software development
Dataanalyst:data science
Cloud development
Blockchain dev

Trust me you won’t regret

1 Like

Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Elvis778(m): 12:08pm On May 09, 2022
HazardAwka:
Web development
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Kontokola: 12:09pm On May 09, 2022
MoIbrahim:

Is it ASUU or your government that has dealt with you?

Check my comment on this topic
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by techWriter3: 12:11pm On May 09, 2022
It's truly a Pathetic getting Nigeriansn
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by onyxo76(m): 12:12pm On May 09, 2022
HazardAwka:
if you love cars, go and learn rewiring or something related...those guts make some cool money o...make your car develop fault for express...then you go know their value.
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Saidfx(m): 12:13pm On May 09, 2022
HazardAwka:

Look for any lucrative handwork around you, I'll personally go for rewire (electric automobile), focus on it and pray and see what God Almighty will do in future. It's well

1 Like

Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by maasoap(m): 12:13pm On May 09, 2022
StrongandMighty:
Chai...
Nigeria Educational system is seriously going down the drain but that's not a problem to our brothers from the west, their major problem & concern is the postponement of Today's Jamb exam in the east!

Your own problem in the East is problem raised to power be dat
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by petermichaels(m): 12:14pm On May 09, 2022
The Priority Of This Administration Is Not School At All. It Is "Boko haram" as Their Foot Soldiers. We Shall One Day Apologise To Our Children for Giving Birth To Them In This Shit hole our Leaders Have made.
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by maasoap(m): 12:15pm On May 09, 2022
qekng40:
But I was hearing that they have suspended?

Oh Nigeria, what has become of our Leaders who value not Education?

They do, that's why they send their kids to school abroad. They are just selfish and wicked
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 09, 2022
HazardAwka:
same here
The worst part instead of telling me to get out of their house them dey use proverbs talk to me.as if it's my fault I'm at home.
God knows I never wanted to go back to schl I remember they were begging me to go back to school now story don change but no wahala soon as I get small change I go leave all of them for bridge except my mom grin

Bro share me update na smiley
Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Corporate2020: 12:16pm On May 09, 2022
And Judas Osinbajo said we should give him another 4 or 8 years as President after wasting 7 years with no positive achievement. Imagine, our VP is a Professor, yet universities are closed for several months, shouldn't such a man be stoned to death?

The only thing he knows hw to do is to pay condolences to Nigerians killed by Boko Haram, Bandits, and Fulani herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by HazardAwka(m): 12:20pm On May 09, 2022
Remag666:

The worst part instead of telling me to get out of their house them dey use proverbs talk to me.as if it's my fault I'm at home.
God knows I never wanted to go back to schl I remember they were begging me to go back to school now story don change but no wahala soon as I get small change I go leave all of them for bridge except my mom grin

Bro share me update na smiley
we're one and the same, I also didn't want to go to school not like I'm highly brilliant but my mom refused so I had to give in eventually now my pals then are already making money and I'm still waiting on. Till when.... undecided

1 Like

Re: ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months by Jeffyblaq(m): 12:21pm On May 09, 2022
The politicians are all out to be elected in to different offices...

No one is asking all these...

Really, they are the cause of every failures bedeviling this contraption and should be given the same brutal treatment. There families should not be left out.

This is the way to go if truly positive changes should come her way..

Pathetic!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Four-storeys Elementary School With Race Track On The Rooftop In China(Photos) / After Four Years In The University, No Certificate From Two Siblings / UNILORIN 400L Student Slumps And Dies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.