Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. (73538 Views)

My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This / Husband Damages Wife's Phone With Cutlass For Not Telling Him Her Password.Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nehyooh(m): 10:42pm On May 10, 2022
meobizy:
Which kind of fantasy is this?
Stupid fantasy !
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Kpengla(m): 10:45pm On May 10, 2022
Larryfest:
Good morning all, I have been having sleepless night for a while now and a few days ago confirmed my insomnia would last longer than I thought.

We were comfortable and have been married for 5years now with a daughter but things have been rough for a while due to my business folding up and we have had to manage with the little we see from time to time. Earlier this year I had to sell some of the things in our house including my phone just so we could buy foodstuffs and pay our daughter's school fees, just some weeks ago I even had to shamefully reach out to a popular Nairalander if he has a phone he could spare because the one I'm currently using is a Desktop kind of phone (doesn't work without directly plugging it).

Last month my wife came home with a brand new Samsung phone and when I asked how she got it her response was that she won it from her womanhood help group on Facebook (she is very active there).
Last Sunday while arranging the room I came across a fertility clinic document and the receipt of the phone which the amount written there staggered me a bit because it's way more than our house rent that expired recently which has been the cause of my sleepless nights. When she got back from church I confronted her with my two findings and after plenty talks and argument she confessed a friend from work told her about it and she sold her Eggs at the clinic and it was from it she bought the phone.

My people since Sunday I have been seriously weak and confused, a lot on my mind already but now I have to add this to it Marriage is for the faint hearted abeg!!!

ADDENDUM.....

1. Someone asked how much .... well she said she was paid #150k but the nurse who brought her in collected 15k.

2. Someone also made some points about sex, complications and others and even said it's a made up story to tarnish women or whatever well I don't think they pay for story on Nairaland and even if they do it isn't going to cover what's on my mind right now so you believe whatever you want, it's quite funny to think everyone would exhibit same complications as the third party you heard your gist from...

3. She told me it only took her 3weeks of preparation and she wasn't even going to the more than 3times a week and as for medications and the rest, you think someone who doesn't want you to know what he/she is up to would leave clues flying around the house

4. As for the sex part and her risking getting pregnant, she has been on birth control pills for like 4years now so pregnancy wasn't going to stop her from the procedures....

You too go and sell ya sperm

What a woman can do...
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by MadamOk(f): 10:47pm On May 10, 2022
Indeed marriage is for the faint heart

It is well with you and your family

May God restore everything you have lost
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Okhuadams(m): 10:50pm On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:
Every time a woman ovulates, she releases at least 1 egg. So, biologically, selling of eggs has no negative impact on a woman. It's only eggs she sold, not her ovaries. Her ovaries' got more than enough to meet her reproductive needs. It's even better to sell it than waste it (as menstruation).

The bigger issues are that she failed to inform you about the procedure and whatever it was you guys were going through didn't matter to her. It was all about her. These are the main threats to your marriage.

You haven't seen anything yet.
she is also on pills
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by pappyy2k3: 10:50pm On May 10, 2022
Egg Donation Risks and Side Effects
There are several side effects and risks that may be associated with being a Egg Donor. These side effects and risks are as follows:

Side effects that Egg Donors may or may not experience from the medications include: headaches, mood swings, bloating, nausea, and/or temporary stinging where the injection was administered. Egg Donors can expect to feel particularly bloated during the immediate period before and after the retrieval, since the hormone medications they take will cause their ovaries to swell and produce many eggs. Egg Donors may also experience temporary weight gain (e.g., several lbs.) until their next menstrual cycle, as a result of this bloating.

If the Egg Donor over-stimulates she may run the risk of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome, which is rare condition that typically occurs in less than 5% of Egg Donors. Severe cases of this syndrome may result in damage to the Egg Donor's ovaries. In less severe cases, Egg Donors may experience severe bloating and strong cramping. If you show symptoms consistent with hyperstimulation, your physician may reduce your medication dosage or terminate the egg donation cycle to avoid medical complications.

With regard to the retrieval procedure, Egg Donors are exposed to the same risks as they would be if they were undergoing any other routine invasive procedure. Egg Donors will be instructed to rest the day of the retrieval, but most Egg Donors return to their normal daily activities the day following the retrieval.

Potential Long Term Risks
Empirical studies have not demonstrated any definitive link between egg donation and infertility, cancer, or any other significant long-term health problems. Since egg donation is a relatively new procedure, however, we hope to learn more about the long-term effects of egg donation in the future when additional research becomes available.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Prior to beginning an egg donation cycle, it is highly recommended that Egg Donors thoroughly discuss all potential risks and side effects with the IVF physician they are assigned to work with.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Okhuadams(m): 10:52pm On May 10, 2022
post=112684620:

It is finished!!!
it's not finish it just started
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Abbeytoy(m): 10:52pm On May 10, 2022
Larryfest:
Good morning all, I have been having sleepless night for a while now and a few days ago confirmed my insomnia would last longer than I thought.

We were comfortable and have been married for 5years now with a daughter but things have been rough for a while due to my business folding up and we have had to manage with the little we see from time to time. Earlier this year I had to sell some of the things in our house including my phone just so we could buy foodstuffs and pay our daughter's school fees, just some weeks ago I even had to shamefully reach out to a popular Nairalander if he has a phone he could spare because the one I'm currently using is a Desktop kind of phone (doesn't work without directly plugging it).

Last month my wife came home with a brand new Samsung phone and when I asked how she got it her response was that she won it from her womanhood help group on Facebook (she is very active there).
Last Sunday while arranging the room I came across a fertility clinic document and the receipt of the phone which the amount written there staggered me a bit because it's way more than our house rent that expired recently which has been the cause of my sleepless nights. When she got back from church I confronted her with my two findings and after plenty talks and argument she confessed a friend from work told her about it and she sold her Eggs at the clinic and it was from it she bought the phone.

My people since Sunday I have been seriously weak and confused, a lot on my mind already but now I have to add this to it Marriage is for the faint hearted abeg!!!

ADDENDUM.....

1. Someone asked how much .... well she said she was paid #150k but the nurse who brought her in collected 15k.

2. Someone also made some points about sex, complications and others and even said it's a made up story to tarnish women or whatever well I don't think they pay for story on Nairaland and even if they do it isn't going to cover what's on my mind right now so you believe whatever you want, it's quite funny to think everyone would exhibit same complications as the third party you heard your gist from...

3. She told me it only took her 3weeks of preparation and she wasn't even going to the more than 3times a week and as for medications and the rest, you think someone who doesn't want you to know what he/she is up to would leave clues flying around the house

4. As for the sex part and her risking getting pregnant, she has been on birth control pills for like 4years now so pregnancy wasn't going to stop her from the procedures....

Yours is better, if I tell you my own story you go cry for me.

Run for women oo

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by tit(f): 10:56pm On May 10, 2022
Ahbeg, leave the poor girl hand.
As you no wan fertilize her egg, you no happy she sell am?
Even if na only she chop the money, no how no how small go rich your side.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by IamAsiri: 10:57pm On May 10, 2022
donbenie:
Typical woman sense..
Her money is her money..
And your money is our money..
And this is the main reason men die before their time..
A man will slave to death to provide for the family..
While a woman making millions,will not bring out her 10kobo to contribute to the family upkeep..
And tomorrow they would be celebrating 10 mothers day in a year..

You really are sure of what you are saying?
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:59pm On May 10, 2022
JovialJune:

I'm married sorry kiss

cry
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by naijaclass(m): 10:59pm On May 10, 2022
I think your wife is self centered which is common with women. U just have to be subtle about it.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Treepower2000: 11:01pm On May 10, 2022
frozen70:

Lol, it's like sperm donation, am sure it doesn't finish

Egg dey finish quick oo. Any slight mistake fiam, that's the end of the eggs. If you think say na lie go and ask the many prayer houses in naija.
If the string of the egg cut hhen na gbese be that oo. The secrecy and the phone na another mata entirely.
This type of woman dey give man rat poison o to inherite his property and if anyone ask she go say na from her egg business. I no go talk again oo . Enough is a word to the wise.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by mymadam(m): 11:05pm On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:
The bigger issues are that she failed to inform you about the procedure and whatever it was you guys were going through didn't matter to her. It was all about her. These are the main threats to your marriage.

Wow, a fantastic presentation, IMHO! Stay blessed smiley

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On May 10, 2022
Abbeytoy:
Yours is better, if I tell you my own story you go cry for me.

Run for women oo
Did she sell her blood and kidney? undecided
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by ifycelebrity(f): 11:06pm On May 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
She bought a brand new Samsung phone with money she got from selling her eggs? And let me be sure... it is not that you are bothered that she sold her eggs but that with money tight as it ls with you, she chose to spend the money she got on a brand new Samsung phone, am I right?, undecided
chai ije uwa
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by chaloskyx: 11:08pm On May 10, 2022
Tell her to continue selling her eggs ever month till menopause since she has turned her body to a merchandise she must continue
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Abbeytoy(m): 11:08pm On May 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Did she sell her blood and kidney? undecided

It would have been better
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by LOVEGINO(m): 11:11pm On May 10, 2022
excellence44:
Op no Kee yasef for woma mats oh! Which one be sleepless night?
Since sapa hold you for now you no need pour ur seme for the egg so that e no go turn belle and better not to waste am as messes wey she go still buy pad on top, she flipped am for one Sammy fon. She fit still sell next month own to pay rent.
On a serious note, she didn't do well at all and you need to be wary of her because from selling of egg she can graduate into ol**ho.
In all, don't Kee yourself for woman matter. If e taya you, better move on than to be sorry.
omo see monthly income ooo. If Na me, I go just turn manager grin
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Carlyboi(m): 11:12pm On May 10, 2022
cococandy:
100k is absolutely laughable. They shouldn’t even offer that for sperm much less an egg or eggs

They probably look for naive girls to deceive and pay them change for that procedure then charge the TTC parents millions for it.

Of course!You hit the nail on the head of there’s an Olympics for over-exploitation Africans cum Nigerians would win 100s of gold!also IVF procedure ain’t cheap in Nigeria so egg donors likely get paid 5 or 10% of the IVF fees!whilst been more than just a cog in the wheel in the whole procedure!in fact donors are actually the most important cos without them there can be no procedure that would bring about them bundles of joy (babies)
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by ifycelebrity(f): 11:16pm On May 10, 2022
Larryfest:

Ahahaha pls don't make me laugh... More eggs to sell Even this one she sold I'm so pissed off about it, who knows if there will be consequences later.
more eggs kwa.she should use the remaining money to start up a business to talk care of her family.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by AsaBlackheart(m): 11:21pm On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:
Every time a woman ovulates, she releases at least 1 egg. So, biologically, selling of eggs has no negative impact on a woman. It's only eggs she sold, not her ovaries. Her ovaries' got more than enough to meet her reproductive needs. It's even better to sell it than waste it (as menstruation).

I rarely comment on nairaland posts, but this your comment na confirm.
+1

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Ikendiawusa: 11:33pm On May 10, 2022
Major general buhari and his cohorts should come and see part of the problem that they caused to Nigeria, imagine someone selling her eggs just because of poverty. I know a boy who have been selling his blood on a weekly basis just to feed himself.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Gerrard59(m): 11:36pm On May 10, 2022
FAKE THREAD!

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Gerrard59(m): 11:46pm On May 10, 2022
JovialJune:
All this cock and bull stories trying to touch the heart, if not that someone is knowledgeable on things like this, I could have swallowed this story.

First off egg donation takes months of preparation for extraction,

1) She will have to go through series of tests to qualify,

2)She will take a medication that will stop menstrual cycle for months,

3) She will take series of fertility drugs that stimulates the ovaries to produce several eggs at once,

4) She will have to administer these medications and injections herself either under her skin or into the muscle as she can't take it all in the hospital, so how come you didn't see the medications and injections?

5) She will have to stop sexual intercourse with you for months so she won't get pregnant in the process, and you say you didn't know, una no dey fvck each other?

6) How come immediately she was done, she was able to walk out of the hospital and straight to the market to get a phone?

7) She will have to recover mister man even if it's for a day, and since it is her first time, it will take her days in the hospital bed to recover, and there are side effects to the process, and hers will be more severe since it is her first time, so there is no how you won't be aware of it

You people should stop bringing up fictions that touches the heart just to paint women bad and whatnot, una no dey tire?

Modified; Op actually added an ADDENDUM after reading comments calling out his falsehood, he had to quickly think of sugar and spices to add to his never ending fiction cheesy

Nairaland and it's breed of nomenclatures grin

Apparently, the thread is fake!

Why do people lie?

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Viserion: 11:46pm On May 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
She bought a brand new Samsung phone with money she got from selling her eggs? And let me be sure... it is not that you are bothered that she sold her eggs but that with money tight as it ls with you, she chose to spend the money she got on a brand new Samsung phone, am I right?, undecided
that is what amuses me the most.. some women truely are heartless
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Obakovicho: 11:54pm On May 10, 2022
Larryfest:

ADDENDUM.....

Prep her to go again, u sef sell ya sperm market don open the family go dey ok
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Milkmill2000(m): 12:06am On May 11, 2022
Larryfest:

She wasn't like this before or maybe I didn't notice because things were good but one thing I'm certain of is that peer group pressure is really dealing with her.

Just leave her for a while and watch her character.
She hasn't done something bad, since you can't provide she fend for herself to get what she wants.
We are in a tech world everyone need a smart phone to stay connected.. Definitely your wife is beautiful, intelligent and smart.
Do you want her to use Nokia torchlight phone..??
Abeg leave her for a while

Be a provider and see changes.
May God bless you abundantly
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by shilling(f): 1:01am On May 11, 2022
truthsayer009:

Really? I didn't know this. Sounds like a business opportunity to create a tech Startup for people who need to purchase eggs lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Many of these already exist in the form of fertility clinics, which op mentioned.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by shilling(f): 1:04am On May 11, 2022
chatinent:
So that's what all those womanhood groups do?

Sell eggs just to buy a phone?
I am highly disappointed in the way most humans worship material things.

Ppl have been paid for their plasma for decades. Selling an egg is no different. The body procedures more. She's helping a couple with fertility challenges to have a baby.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by 2buffagain(m): 1:31am On May 11, 2022
it's good that she sold it to who needed it. better that than for it to liquify and run off i.e period blood.

The buying of phone while rent is due though... well only both of them know what their financial arrangement is in their marriage
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by slinkygomez(m): 1:35am On May 11, 2022
Local man is tired

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

'I Beg My Husband For Sex, Sometimes He Gives Me Half Chop' - Mother Of 5 / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Nasarawa Woman: "Why I Allowed My Teenage Son To Impregnate Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.