Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. (73536 Views)

My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This / Husband Damages Wife's Phone With Cutlass For Not Telling Him Her Password.Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by KINGCHUKWU(m): 1:47am On May 11, 2022
For woman to make move without telling her husband on this kind matter na serious Bleep up sha.... God help us all
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by tianshie(m): 2:51am On May 11, 2022
MadamOk:
Indeed marriage is for the faint heart

It is well with you and your family

May God restore everything you have lost

It's "NOT" for the fainthearted. That's the expression.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Echoban: 3:00am On May 11, 2022
frozen70:

If not that she used the proceed to buy phone, she would have used the money to start something doing that will bring income to the family

Pls find out if she has more eggs to sell, so that you guys can do business with it

As na egg now, no issue abi, she's comfortable. Hope the man is also allowed to sell his sperm wink wink and indirectly has kids everywhere. Afterall sperm is limitless till death, while her egg LL finish before expected age/ menopause period Cox the procedure entails inducing more egg to come out at once during the procedure. cool
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Echoban: 3:05am On May 11, 2022
frozen70:

Lol, it's like sperm donation, am sure it doesn't finish

Woman egg finish aunty. It has number. Infact not all are viable, woman don't produce new egg, they carry the one they have from foetal stage till menopause. Infact some get destroyed self, while men produce new sperms cells every 72 days in Millions.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Chosimba: 3:39am On May 11, 2022
truthsayer009:

Really? I didn't know this. Sounds like a business opportunity to create a tech Startup for people who need to purchase eggs lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It's a complicated and sometimes painful process. It's not something you can do too often
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Jobola1: 3:40am On May 11, 2022
JovialJune:

I'm not in the healthcare industry, I have a relative that went through the process in desperate need of money, though not in Nigeria, she regrets doing the procedure till today because of the side effect.

Just plenty lies u made up to discredit d story.

If u want to sell Ur eggs, I assure u, it will b done in under 3 weeks. You will pay d nurse her 10 to 15 percent.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by frozen70(f): 3:42am On May 11, 2022
IamRichards:
Oga @Larryfest this is a good advice oh

He even laughed over my comments
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by kkins25(m): 3:45am On May 11, 2022
dominique:

Eggs actually do finishe, every female is born with a certain amount eggs in her ovaries which degrade over time. By the time she reaches puberty, she will have about 350-400 eggs left in her ovaries one of which will be released monthly at every reproductive cycle. By the time all the eggs are exhausted (through menstruation and childbirth), menopause sets in.

If a woman goes to sell her eggs, she's risking early menopause because only one egg will not be harvested. The fertility clinic will want to harvest at least 5 eggs to boost the chances of conception. That will shorten her reproductive lifespan by at least 5 months. Imagine doing that 5 times or more, don't be surprised to see women hitting menopause in their 30s in the years to come.

Something smelt fishy here that forced me, a biologist, to shamefully run to Google. Fortunately, my net didn't come back empty.

Let’s start with the biology. You are born with all the eggs you are ever going to have. You don't make any new eggs during your lifetime; in fact, the highest number of eggs you possessed was while you were still in your mother's uterus: a 20-week-old female foetus has about seven million eggs. When you are born, this number has reduced to around two million and by the time you reach puberty and begin menstruation (start your periods) you will have somewhere between 300,000 and 500,000 eggs remaining.

There is no need to double-check, just went through another article on https://www.healthline.com/health/womens-health/how-many-eggs-does-a-woman-have#egg-quality
they'd be thousands left.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by BadNews: 3:51am On May 11, 2022
Nothing No Go See For This Blogging Business
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Jobola1: 3:52am On May 11, 2022
skoskosko:

When the debate is lost, they resort to tantrums. Go and bring facts and not emotions. I referred you to nordica, it’s one of the first rated fertility clinics in Nigeria. There is no test/ recovery you stated that takes months. Even dna testing where samples need to be sent abroad are ready in 2-3 weeks. You seem to forgot the medications/injections are time bound and not infinite. For recovery to take several days or months, there must have been complications which is extremely rare and rated 1-2%. Recovery takes minutes and with a days rest when there is no complications. No one commented on the lies you wrote from first hand experiences. As acknowledged, this does not validate the story, but your spin to discredit it are outright lies. You obviously set out for deceit simply because it had to do with a female. You have not been able to aptly state where you got the several months long process from.

Lastly, before calling someone ignorant or daft in a public fora, you should back up your counter claims with verifiable facts from maybe medical journals, texts and resources online/offline, not your emotional rants else you begin to sound ignorant and daft.

That girl is just straight up ignorant (most likely) or plainly lieing.

Her argument sef feels as if she is fighting n shouting rather than concentrating on facts.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Jobola1: 4:23am On May 11, 2022
pocohantas:

Leave am. The same NORDICA in Ikoyi that my friend used abi another one? cheesy

I just had to search Nordica in WhatsApp and our chats popped up. Make e dey run mouth.

If u want to sell your eggs or have anyone interested, I assure u it is 135k for u with my Abuja connect. The nurse that brings u will get 15k.

The process is non invasive. Will be completed in 3 weeks or under.

It's not proper when people like u discredit things based on ur own old perception of what modern healthcare is all about. While I can't expressly speak for Nigeria, there is hardly any sex related test in other climes that can't be completed in hours. But then, even general hospital in gbagada go run most of these tests in a day, let alone a fertility clinic.

Of course, d guy will get d granular facts wrong, him be female?

If to donate eggs go take 5 months, how long dem dey take carry pikin for belle?

The Nordica hospital your friends used? She used d hospital in what capacity exactly?

Did She use one of their consultant? Or she she used them for checkup? Or she used them for IVF? How is nay of these scenarios relevant to d story?

To pad your lies, u had to bring in Nordica to make Ur argument sound legit while leaving out how Ur friends use of Nordica is relevant to the story. That's like punching below d belt.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by BroOlanrewaju(m): 4:50am On May 11, 2022
This is the heights of it all.
We have lost our pride to money due to lack and poverty in marriage system.
If you are getting married, just admit that you are ready to bear the cross and God will help you through. How can a woman and wife of a man, go all out to sell her own ovaries just to get money. Are there not repercussions later? This is ridiculous �
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Ybaby: 4:56am On May 11, 2022
dominique:
Absolutely nothing wrong with selling of her eggs but using it to buy a new phone knowing the financial situation is extremely selfish of her. The reason she didn't tell you she wanted to sell her eggs was because she wanted to use the money for herself. If she had told you that she wanted to sell the eggs to take care of bills, it's you that will be driving her to the fertility clinic every month o

She should sell her eggs and give the husband the money for bills? ah! o ga o.

OP, do everything legal and moral to make money pls.

You can sell your sperm too.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by fof1: 5:17am On May 11, 2022
Larryfest:
Good morning all, I have been having sleepless night for a while now and a few days ago confirmed my insomnia would last longer than I thought.

We were comfortable and have been married for 5years now with a daughter but things have been rough for a while due to my business folding up and we have had to manage with the little we see from time to time. Earlier this year I had to sell some of the things in our house including my phone just so we could buy foodstuffs and pay our daughter's school fees, just some weeks ago I even had to shamefully reach out to a popular Nairalander if he has a phone he could spare because the one I'm currently using is a Desktop kind of phone (doesn't work without directly plugging it).

Last month my wife came home with a brand new Samsung phone and when I asked how she got it her response was that she won it from her womanhood help group on Facebook (she is very active there).
Last Sunday while arranging the room I came across a fertility clinic document and the receipt of the phone which the amount written there staggered me a bit because it's way more than our house rent that expired recently which has been the cause of my sleepless nights. When she got back from church I confronted her with my two findings and after plenty talks and argument she confessed a friend from work told her about it and she sold her Eggs at the clinic and it was from it she bought the phone.

My people since Sunday I have been seriously weak and confused, a lot on my mind already but now I have to add this to it Marriage is for the faint hearted abeg!!!

ADDENDUM.....

1. Someone asked how much .... well she said she was paid #150k but the nurse who brought her in collected 15k.

2. Someone also made some points about sex, complications and others and even said it's a made up story to tarnish women or whatever well I don't think they pay for story on Nairaland and even if they do it isn't going to cover what's on my mind right now so you believe whatever you want, it's quite funny to think everyone would exhibit same complications as the third party you heard your gist from...

3. She told me it only took her 3weeks of preparation and she wasn't even going to the more than 3times a week and as for medications and the rest, you think someone who doesn't want you to know what he/she is up to would leave clues flying around the house

4. As for the sex part and her risking getting pregnant, she has been on birth control pills for like 4years now so pregnancy wasn't going to stop her from the procedures....

PURSUITS OF VANITY AND CLEAR MISPLACED PRIORITY OF LIFE...PLAYING WITH GOD WITH SHAMELESS COVETOUSNESS...GREED WILL SEND YOU DOWN...FURTHER SOON. THAT WOMAN IS CLEARLY PROMISCUOUS AND ADULTEROUSLY FLIRTATIOUS PLS.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by princewarri1985: 5:51am On May 11, 2022
If she could sell her eggs, that means to sell her puna too for money non go hard her! What you got there is a very desperate greedy woman who could do anything for money and not a wife!
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by 123papas(m): 5:59am On May 11, 2022
Acidosis:
Every time a woman ovulates, she releases at least 1 egg. So, biologically, selling of eggs has no negative impact on a woman. It's only eggs she sold, not her ovaries. Her ovaries' got more than enough to meet her reproductive needs. It's even better to sell it than waste it (as menstruation).

The bigger issues are that she failed to inform you about the procedure and whatever it was you guys were going through didn't matter to her. It was all about her. These are the main threats to your marriage.

You haven't seen anything yet.
This also goes to the sperm donors. Please inform your wives.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:00am On May 11, 2022
I think say na just these ordinary N70 egg he is talking about. shocked
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 6:05am On May 11, 2022
With this stuff i keep reading in Nairaland are sure am going to marry undecided grin because am getting the wrong side of marriage always here. Chia!
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by succri(m): 6:07am On May 11, 2022
This one go swear say she love her kids �, na she go first mention I did it for my kids when e set
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Surrey2Bimshire: 6:17am On May 11, 2022
Larryfest:

Ahahaha pls don't make me laugh... More eggs to sell Even this one she sold I'm so pissed off about it, who knows if there will be consequences later.

There’s no consequence at all . All she has to do is make sure her egg quality is good.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by lookingfly: 6:31am On May 11, 2022
post=112684605:
Who says there is nothing new under the sun

To start with,
@OP, do you have kids yet?!

We even think say na crates of egg Oga dey talk o!
That was actually the first thing that came to our mind(s)!!

So we aren't the only ones that saw that?!
Lol cheesy
so you mean you've never watched the American movie "Jupiter ascending" before?
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by bolrew: 6:42am On May 11, 2022
Hmmmmmmm...... I don't know what to type on this issue
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by aribisala0(m): 6:44am On May 11, 2022
ikpumbe:

You need counseling.
You need a brain
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by IMASTEX: 6:48am On May 11, 2022
Acidosis:
Every time a woman ovulates, she releases at least 1 egg. So, biologically, selling of eggs has no negative impact on a woman. It's only eggs she sold, not her ovaries. Her ovaries' got more than enough to meet her reproductive needs. It's even better to sell it than waste it (as menstruation).

The bigger issues are that she failed to inform you about the procedure and whatever it was you guys were going through didn't matter to her. It was all about her. These are the main threats to your marriage.

dominique:
Absolutely nothing wrong with selling of her eggs but using it to buy a new phone knowing the financial situation is extremely selfish of her. The reason she didn't tell you she wanted to sell her eggs was because she wanted to use the money for herself. If she had told you that she wanted to sell the eggs to take care of bills, it's you that will be driving her to the fertility clinic every month o

Are you guys for real. Nothing wrong in selling her eggs because she now runs a poultry farm. Last time I checked, it takes an egg & a sperm to get a baby born. And with this combination the child will have the gen from both specimens. It can even look 100% like the egg source. Therefore, there is nothing different from her giving birth outside her marriage except for none direct penetration and child carrying in her womb. For her to comfortably ignore those facts & conceal her intention from her partner even as a supposed married women. Hmmm!
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by OkoAnike(m): 7:01am On May 11, 2022
Larryfest:
Good morning all, I have been having sleepless night for a while now and a few days ago confirmed my insomnia would last longer than I thought.

We were comfortable and have been married for 5years now with a daughter but things have been rough for a while due to my business folding up and we have had to manage with the little we see from time to time. Earlier this year I had to sell some of the things in our house including my phone just so we could buy foodstuffs and pay our daughter's school fees, just some weeks ago I even had to shamefully reach out to a popular Nairalander if he has a phone he could spare because the one I'm currently using is a Desktop kind of phone (doesn't work without directly plugging it).

Last month my wife came home with a brand new Samsung phone and when I asked how she got it her response was that she won it from her womanhood help group on Facebook (she is very active there).
Last Sunday while arranging the room I came across a fertility clinic document and the receipt of the phone which the amount written there staggered me a bit because it's way more than our house rent that expired recently which has been the cause of my sleepless nights. When she got back from church I confronted her with my two findings and after plenty talks and argument she confessed a friend from work told her about it and she sold her Eggs at the clinic and it was from it she bought the phone.

My people since Sunday I have been seriously weak and confused, a lot on my mind already but now I have to add this to it Marriage is for the faint hearted abeg!!!

ADDENDUM.....

1. Someone asked how much .... well she said she was paid #150k but the nurse who brought her in collected 15k.

2. Someone also made some points about sex, complications and others and even said it's a made up story to tarnish women or whatever well I don't think they pay for story on Nairaland and even if they do it isn't going to cover what's on my mind right now so you believe whatever you want, it's quite funny to think everyone would exhibit same complications as the third party you heard your gist from...

3. She told me it only took her 3weeks of preparation and she wasn't even going to the more than 3times a week and as for medications and the rest, you think someone who doesn't want you to know what he/she is up to would leave clues flying around the house

4. As for the sex part and her risking getting pregnant, she has been on birth control pills for like 4years now so pregnancy wasn't going to stop her from the procedures....

Brother, she's not sincere with you as per the price and if she's saying the truth then, she has been 419. People get paid between #800k-#1m

I think there's more you need to ask, eeg harvest is one of the most lucrative business woman do in Lagos lately.

I wish you well my brother and I hope when the medical side of the act comes, you don't pay for it dearly....
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by maikalaf(m): 7:06am On May 11, 2022
Nawa o!
That means another sperm would fertilize the egg and she'd have a baby outside her marriage that she'd never know.
Excuse could be given for a single lady. But a married woman? Omo, this gats be classified as infidelity!
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by UncleKoboko: 7:06am On May 11, 2022
Larryfest:

ADDENDUM.....

1)
From your write-up, I can smell some LAZINESS....
A Man that cannot take risks...
A Man who doesn't want to leave his "comfort" zone...
You can do better...
You can hustle....

Fact:

Most women are very disrespectful to their husbands especially if the husband is not financially okay and that's your situation. In your case, your wife's disrespect and disregard is even on the higher level.
For her to get to the level of selling her egg and only to by a phone, then she can do ANYTHING and she's also very stupid.
I believe 99% that she's also CHEATING on you... If you want to confirm this, find a way of going through her phone without her knowledge, YOU WILL DEFINITELY FIND MANY ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS...

P.S
I said you're lazy for many reasons...
E.g, how can you be using a "desktop phone"? How much is a new battery? 1k-5k and I'm very sure that you can at least afford that. You need to brace yourself. YOU WILL NEVER GET RESPECT FROM ANYONE IF YOUR CAN'T TAKE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR CERTAIN THINGS.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by chatinent: 7:07am On May 11, 2022
shilling:

Ppl have been paid for their plasma for decades. Selling an egg is no different. The body procedures more. She's helping a couple with fertility challenges to have a baby.

Wow
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Acidosis(m): 7:10am On May 11, 2022
IMASTEX:

Are you guys for real. Nothing wrong in selling her eggs because she now runs a poultry farm. Last time I checked, it takes an egg & a sperm to get a baby born. And with this combination the child will have the gen from both specimens. It can even look 100% like the egg source. Therefore, there is nothing different from her giving birth outside her marriage except for none direct penetration and child carrying in her womb. For her to comfortably ignore those facts & conceal her intention from her partner even as a supposed married women. Hmmm!

Egg or sperm donation is an acceptable practice all over the world.

Concealing her intention from her partner is the only issue but it's not the responsibility of the doctor to investigate your family. The consent of the donor is ALL that matters.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by UncleKoboko: 7:11am On May 11, 2022
Acidosis:

Or deh.
For your mind....
So, selling her eggs or selling some of her eggs will prevent her from releasing one or "wasting" it during menstruations?
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Acidosis(m): 7:14am On May 11, 2022
UncleKoboko:

Or deh.
For your mind....
So, selling her eggs or selling some of her eggs will prevent her from releasing one or "wasting" it during menstruations?

Ask your sisters.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by UncleKoboko: 7:15am On May 11, 2022
dominique:
So?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

'I Beg My Husband For Sex, Sometimes He Gives Me Half Chop' - Mother Of 5 / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Nasarawa Woman: "Why I Allowed My Teenage Son To Impregnate Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.