Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,935 members, 7,814,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. (73549 Views)

My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This / Husband Damages Wife's Phone With Cutlass For Not Telling Him Her Password.Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by rickleye: 9:45pm On May 10, 2022
Well Oga,

There are 2 ways you can go about this.
1. You can forgive her and get your share of the 150K and ask her to continue as long as her health is not in jeopardy and get your " cut" help her with the injections and pills .
2. You ask her to stop for whatsoever reason you feel.

The main Issue here is she hiding such a thing from you which is something you both have to talk about.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by MadamExcellency: 9:46pm On May 10, 2022
Princewell2012:

Are you sure a lot of these lazy women will not take these as a business ? The world is coming to an end.

You prefer to waste it on menstruation?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Ofadaman(m): 9:47pm On May 10, 2022
Selling her eggs isn't the problem, the problem. Is she didn't even inform you, my brother first run go to paternity test on your child. A woman that can keep such a secret from you,and even lied to you, what do you think she may also be doing with men outsids.

I'm not saying anything ,but bruv , you already know what's up
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On May 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
The eggs are harvested and used for women who have passed the fertility age. That means they entered their menopause age.

The egg is then put into them and fertilized by their husband's sperm or through a donation from a sperm bank with the help of IVF.

So whenever you read on FP that a 70 years old barren had a twin and is at church for Thanksgiving, just think of what I typed up there.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by lomprico(m): 9:53pm On May 10, 2022
Larryfest:
Good morning all, I have been having sleepless night for a while now and a few days ago confirmed my insomnia would last longer than I thought.

We were comfortable and have been married for 5years now with a daughter but things have been rough for a while due to my business folding up and we have had to manage with the little we see from time to time. Earlier this year I had to sell some of the things in our house including my phone just so we could buy foodstuffs and pay our daughter's school fees, just some weeks ago I even had to shamefully reach out to a popular Nairalander if he has a phone he could spare because the one I'm currently using is a Desktop kind of phone (doesn't work without directly plugging it).

Last month my wife came home with a brand new Samsung phone and when I asked how she got it her response was that she won it from her womanhood help group on Facebook (she is very active there).
Last Sunday while arranging the room I came across a fertility clinic document and the receipt of the phone which the amount written there staggered me a bit because it's way more than our house rent that expired recently which has been the cause of my sleepless nights. When she got back from church I confronted her with my two findings and after plenty talks and argument she confessed a friend from work told her about it and she sold her Eggs at the clinic and it was from it she bought the phone.

My people since Sunday I have been seriously weak and confused, a lot on my mind already but now I have to add this to it Marriage is for the faint hearted abeg!!!

ADDENDUM.....

1. Someone asked how much .... well she said she was paid #150k but the nurse who brought her in collected 15k.

2. Someone also made some points about sex, complications and others and even said it's a made up story to tarnish women or whatever well I don't think they pay for story on Nairaland and even if they do it isn't going to cover what's on my mind right now so you believe whatever you want, it's quite funny to think everyone would exhibit same complications as the third party you heard your gist from...

3. She told me it only took her 3weeks of preparation and she wasn't even going to the more than 3times a week and as for medications and the rest, you think someone who doesn't want you to know what he/she is up to would leave clues flying around the house

4. As for the sex part and her risking getting pregnant, she has been on birth control pills for like 4years now so pregnancy wasn't going to stop her from the procedures....

Do you have plans with her eggs before? I don't see the fuss with this at all. Unless you up are upset she did not use the money for home upkeep.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by rollywise(m): 9:55pm On May 10, 2022
post=112684605:
Who says there is nothing new under the sun

To start with,
@OP, do you have kids yet?!

We even think say na crates of egg Oga dey talk o!
That was actually the first thing that came to our mind(s)!!

Same here o. What some women cannot do does not exist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by JovialJune(f): 9:56pm On May 10, 2022
EMEKUSBOY9:

With this type of knowledge and grammar that is coming out from u i have decided to get married to u grin

This grammar too sweet grin

Abeg how much be your bride price cool

I'm married sorry kiss

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Sweetvie: 9:59pm On May 10, 2022
JovialJune:
All this cock and bull stories trying to touch the heart, if not that someone is knowledgeable on things like this, I could have swallowed this story.

First off egg donation takes months of preparation for extraction,

1) She will have to go through series of tests to qualify,

2)She will take a medication that will stop menstrual cycle for months,

3) She will take series of fertility drugs that stimulates the ovaries to produce several eggs at once,

4) She will have to administer these medications and injections herself either under her skin or into the muscle as she can't take it all in the hospital, so how come you didn't see the medications and injections?

5) She will have to stop sexual intercourse with you for months so she won't get pregnant in the process, and you say you didn't know, una no dey fvck each other?

6) How come immediately she was done, she was able to walk out of the hospital and straight to the market to get a phone?

7) She will have to recover mister man even if it's for a day, and since it is her first time, it will take her days in the hospital bed to recover, and there are side effects to the process, and hers will be more severe since it is her first time, so there is no how you won't be aware of it

You people should stop bringing up fictions that touches the heart just to paint women bad and whatnot, una no dey tire?

Modified; Op actually added an ADDENDUM after reading comments calling out his falsehood, he had to quickly think of sugar and spices to add to his never ending fiction cheesy

Nairaland and it's breed of nomenclatures grin
Nairalander and their vawulence grin
Both u and skoskosko are almost saying same thing but just doesn't seem to reason alike n both side are right. Yeah,You're given a medicine that will suppress your natural menstrual cycle. The medicine is given either as a daily injection that you'll be taught to give yourself, or as a nasal spray. You continue this for about 2 weeks.
2. Once your natural cycle is suppressed, you take a fertility hormone called follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). It increase the number of eggs your ovaries produce.
3. You'll have vaginal ultrasound scans to monitor your ovaries and, in some cases, blood tests. Before your eggs are collected, you'll have an injection of a hormone called human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) that helps your eggs to mature.
4. You'll be sedated and your eggs will be collected using a needle that's passed through your vagina and into each ovary under ultrasound guidance. It takes abt 15-20 minutes and after this, it depend on your body so some experience cramps or little bleeding.

So wat am actually trying to say is that the story mayb fake but alws read btw lines. N yeah, hospital also matters wink cheesy
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by bigiyaro(m): 10:00pm On May 10, 2022
Please where can I sell my left blockos?
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by integrity16(m): 10:00pm On May 10, 2022
I'm waiting to see how she would react when you sell your own sperm to fertilize another woman's eggs.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by gadgethead: 10:10pm On May 10, 2022
bigjackass:
I don't know why I'm impressed by this your wife cool

Until it happens to you. Seriously, this women is a red flag to any man who wants his mental health intact cool

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by JovialJune(f): 10:11pm On May 10, 2022
Sweetvie:
Nairalander and their vawulence grin
Both u and skoskosko are almost saying same thing but just doesn't seem to reason alike n both side are right. Yeah,You're given a medicine that will suppress your natural menstrual cycle. The medicine is given either as a daily injection that you'll be taught to give yourself, or as a nasal spray. You continue this for about 2 weeks.
2. Once your natural cycle is suppressed, you take a fertility hormone called follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). It increase the number of eggs your ovaries produce.
3. You'll have vaginal ultrasound scans to monitor your ovaries and, in some cases, blood tests. Before your eggs are collected, you'll have an injection of a hormone called human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) that helps your eggs to mature.
4. You'll be sedated and your eggs will be collected using a needle that's passed through your vagina and into each ovary under ultrasound guidance. It takes abt 15-20 minutes and after this, it depend on your body so some experience cramps or little bleeding.

So wat am actually trying to say is that the story mayb fake but alws read btw lines. N yeah, hospital also matters wink cheesy

Thanks for the information ma smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by NoToPile: 10:12pm On May 10, 2022
tonididdy:

Now that you drew my attention to it, I think he's angry at her buying a phone from the proceeds.
grin
Nigeria is hard!

When he's actually supposed to be angry he was totally kept in the dark about the egg sale.

Really hard o.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Mattwillz: 10:17pm On May 10, 2022
Fake story
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by iampeterben(m): 10:17pm On May 10, 2022
Husbands know thy wife, you never knew who you married. She sold her egg without your knowledge, next thing is her pride as a wife to highest bidders. I pray may happiness be restored in your home again.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by maasoap(m): 10:19pm On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:
Every time a woman ovulates, she releases at least 1 egg. So, biologically, selling of eggs has no negative impact on a woman. It's only eggs she sold, not her ovaries. Her ovaries' got more than enough to meet her reproductive needs. [s] It's even better to sell it than waste it (as menstruation). [/s]

What if something goes wrong with the procedure? Would you advise your wife to take the same path or agree with her if she tells you?

The bigger issues are that she failed to inform you about the procedure and whatever it was you guys were going through didn't matter to her. It was all about her. These are the main threats to your marriage.

You haven't seen anything yet.

That woman may eventually divorce our man with the look of things. He should brace himself up for more rubbish. It's not good for man to lose his source of livelihood
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by maasoap(m): 10:21pm On May 10, 2022
rickleye:
Well Oga,

There are 2 ways you can go about this.
1. You can forgive her and get your share of the 150K [s] and ask her to continue as long as her health is not in jeopardy and get your " cut" help her with the injections and pills . [/s]
2. You ask her to stop for whatsoever reason you feel.

The main Issue here is she hiding such a thing from you which is something you both have to talk about.

Some nairalanders are certified mad people!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by streetsoldier1(m): 10:22pm On May 10, 2022
Larryfest:
Good morning all, I have been having sleepless night for a while now and a few days ago confirmed my insomnia would last longer than I thought.

We were comfortable and have been married for 5years now with a daughter but things have been rough for a while due to my business folding up and we have had to manage with the little we see from time to time. Earlier this year I had to sell some of the things in our house including my phone just so we could buy foodstuffs and pay our daughter's school fees, just some weeks ago I even had to shamefully reach out to a popular Nairalander if he has a phone he could spare because the one I'm currently using is a Desktop kind of phone (doesn't work without directly plugging it).

Last month my wife came home with a brand new Samsung phone and when I asked how she got it her response was that she won it from her womanhood help group on Facebook (she is very active there).
Last Sunday while arranging the room I came across a fertility clinic document and the receipt of the phone which the amount written there staggered me a bit because it's way more than our house rent that expired recently which has been the cause of my sleepless nights. When she got back from church I confronted her with my two findings and after plenty talks and argument she confessed a friend from work told her about it and she sold her Eggs at the clinic and it was from it she bought the phone.

My people since Sunday I have been seriously weak and confused, a lot on my mind already but now I have to add this to it Marriage is for the faint hearted abeg!!!

ADDENDUM.....

1. Someone asked how much .... well she said she was paid #150k but the nurse who brought her in collected 15k.

2. Someone also made some points about sex, complications and others and even said it's a made up story to tarnish women or whatever well I don't think they pay for story on Nairaland and even if they do it isn't going to cover what's on my mind right now so you believe whatever you want, it's quite funny to think everyone would exhibit same complications as the third party you heard your gist from...

3. She told me it only took her 3weeks of preparation and she wasn't even going to the more than 3times a week and as for medications and the rest, you think someone who doesn't want you to know what he/she is up to would leave clues flying around the house

4. As for the sex part and her risking getting pregnant, she has been on birth control pills rfor like 4years now so pregnancy wasn't going to stop her from the procedures....

Abeg give us link nah, we get poultry. How many crates dem want? Abeg DM for links
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by SoapQueen(f): 10:23pm On May 10, 2022
post=112684605:
Who says there is nothing new under the sun

To start with,
@OP, do you have kids yet?!

We even think say na crates of egg Oga dey talk o!
That was actually the first thing that came to our mind(s)!!

I swear down and I was like "Wait....What.?""
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Lastmankc(m): 10:23pm On May 10, 2022
Marriage dey fear me
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by maasoap(m): 10:26pm On May 10, 2022
lomprico:

Do you have plans with her eggs before? I don't see the fuss with this at all. [s] Unless you up are upset she did not use the money for home upkeep. [/s]

You guys should at least try to comment with common sense now! How safe was the procedure? How hygienic was the facility used? And qualified was the person that carried out the procedure?
And again, would you agree with your to tow that line? What if she was deceived and one or both of her kidneys were removed?
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by PROPEACE: 10:26pm On May 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
She bought a brand new Samsung phone with money she got from selling her eggs? And let me be sure... it is not that you are bothered that she sold her eggs but that with money tight as it ls with you, she chose to spend the money she got on a brand new Samsung phone, am I right?, undecided
If I were him, I'd feel the same way. Come on! That she sold her eggs is not the problem, people sell their kidneys. What I find freaky is that she did it to buy a phone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by paduzman: 10:29pm On May 10, 2022
Hmmm things dey happen sha
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On May 10, 2022
PROPEACE:

If I were him, I'd feel the same way. Come on! That she sold her eggs is not the problem, people sell their kidneys. What I find freaky is that she did it to buy a phone.
But the problem here is his issue is not about the money but the fact that she did not obtain permission from him before selling what the eggs. It seems he thinks as her husband, the eggs are his to make decisions on. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by IamRichards: 10:33pm On May 10, 2022
frozen70:

If not that she used the proceed to buy phone, she would have used the money to start something doing that will bring income to the family

Pls find out if she has more eggs to sell, so that you guys can do business with it
Oga @Larryfest this is a good advice oh
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by placeofallure(f): 10:34pm On May 10, 2022
I'd be damned the day I do that to my husband. I can't even grow the balls. I can't even walk to the supermarket down the street without telling him.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by geunik(m): 10:35pm On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:
Every time a woman ovulates, she releases at least 1 egg. So, biologically, selling of eggs has no negative impact on a woman. It's only eggs she sold, not her ovaries. Her ovaries' got more than enough to meet her reproductive needs. It's even better to sell it than waste it (as menstruation).

The bigger issues are that she failed to inform you about the procedure and whatever it was you guys were going through didn't matter to her. It was all about her. These are the main threats to your marriage.

You haven't seen anything yet.
SO her children will marry in the future
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Jaaaraeee: 10:36pm On May 10, 2022
Mind blowing.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by thecommunist(m): 10:37pm On May 10, 2022
Larryfest:

She wasn't like this before or maybe I didn't notice because things were good but one thing I'm certain of is that peer group pressure is really dealing with her.
bros, anything is possible with anybody-not just women. this is a wake up call for you. I wouldn't advise you to divorce her because many people are like that and there is a 90% chance that the next person you marry will do the same under that circumstance.. it is what it is and that is mostly human nature, no too think am.
but you need to try to make yourself financially capable and have enough reserves for yourself and your child because, that woman has no send you, infact in most cases, na only your mother truly send you ooo, everyone one else na conditional love wey go change as soon as you no get money.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by snipernigga(m): 10:37pm On May 10, 2022
Please inbox me the address of the clinic, imagine 1 egg 150k
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by rickleye: 10:39pm On May 10, 2022
maasoap:

Some nairalanders are certified mad people!

grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Nasarawa Woman: "Why I Allowed My Teenage Son To Impregnate Me" / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.