Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. (73596 Views)

My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This / Husband Damages Wife's Phone With Cutlass For Not Telling Him Her Password.Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by descarado: 11:47am On May 10, 2022
Karleb:

I remember when I advised a friend against doing this.

The procedure isn't always smooth and if the doctor ends up leaving you with more complications, that's your headache.

They also take a lot of eggs at a time, not one.

The lady was offered 100k.

I will not even sell a drop of my sperm for 100k.

They do that in Nigeria?
Have never heard of this before.
Which hospitals do that?
Any idea?

Eggs should be sold in millions and not thousand.

That's why people prefer surrogacy and sperm donation.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Karleb(m): 11:54am On May 10, 2022
descarado:

They do that in Nigeria?
Have never heard of this before.
Which hospitals do that?
Any idea?

Eggs should be sold in millions and not thousand.

That's why people prefer surrogacy and sperm donation.

You can find anything in Lagos these days.

The hospital was in the mainland, but on island, the pay well.

I've forgotten the name of the hospital and I've wiped my chat with the lady. If you make research on it, you'll find some answers.

It's not so uncommon in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by JovialJune(f): 11:55am On May 10, 2022
Klass99:

Oh....okay. Just from reading Miarose's story I know the side effect is nasty shocked.

Very very nasty, that's why I don't believe anyone can just wake up one day and agree to the procedure, it is more or less like IVF, very risky.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by JovialJune(f): 12:00pm On May 10, 2022
cococandy:

There’s belief it’s increases risk of breast cancer because of the extra injections of estrogen which is typically more than the woman would produce on her own

Exactly, because of the over tenderness of the breasts in order to boost the hormones due to hyperstimulation, my relative that did the procedure has a permanent bladder and bowel problem till today, I can never advise anyone be an egg donor.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by cococandy(f): 12:03pm On May 10, 2022
100k is absolutely laughable. They shouldn’t even offer that for sperm much less an egg or eggs

They probably look for naive girls to deceive and pay them change for that procedure then charge the TTC parents millions for it.
Karleb:

I remember when I advised a friend against doing this.

The procedure isn't always smooth and if the doctor ends up leaving you with more complications, that's your headache.

They also take a lot of eggs at a time, not one.

The lady was offered 100k.

I will not even sell a drop of my sperm for 100k.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Acidbath: 12:07pm On May 10, 2022
Larryfest:

Last Sunday while arranging the room I came across a fertility clinic document and the receipt of the phone which the amount written there staggered me a bit because it's way more than our house rent that expired recently which has been the cause of my sleepless nights . When she got back from church I confronted her with my two findings and after plenty talks and argument she confessed a friend from work told her about it and she sold her Eggs at the clinic and it was from it she bought the phone.

My people since Sunday I have been seriously weak and confused, a lot on my mind already but now I have to add this to it Marriage is for the faint hearted abeg!!!

You are angry because she didn't give you the money to pay rent.

You can go to the same clinic and sell your $perm.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Hotbreadandbean: 12:23pm On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:
Every time a woman ovulates, she releases at least 1 egg. So, biologically, selling of eggs has no negative impact on a woman. It's only eggs she sold, not her ovaries. Her ovaries' got more than enough to meet her reproductive needs. It's even better to sell it than waste it (as menstruation).

The bigger issues are that she failed to inform you about the procedure and whatever it was you guys were going through didn't matter to her. It was all about her. These are the main threats to your marriage.

You haven't seen anything yet.
Abeg where dem dey sell this egg?woman wey neva born fit sell am? And how much dem go buy?
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by EkoErrands: 12:28pm On May 10, 2022
Larryfest:
Good morning all, I have been having sleepless night for a while now and a few days ago confirmed my insomnia would last longer than I thought.

We were comfortable and have been married for 5years now with a daughter but things have been rough for a while due to my business folding up and we have had to manage with the little we see from time to time. Earlier this year I had to sell some of the things in our house including my phone just so we could buy foodstuffs and pay our daughter's school fees, just some weeks ago I even had to shamefully reach out to a popular Nairalander if he has a phone he could spare because the one I'm currently using is a Desktop kind of phone (doesn't work without directly plugging it).

Last month my wife came home with a brand new Samsung phone and when I asked how she got it her response was that she won it from her womanhood help group on Facebook (she is very active there).
Last Sunday while arranging the room I came across a fertility clinic document and the receipt of the phone which the amount written there staggered me a bit because it's way more than our house rent that expired recently which has been the cause of my sleepless nights. When she got back from church I confronted her with my two findings and after plenty talks and argument she confessed a friend from work told her about it and she sold her Eggs at the clinic and it was from it she bought the phone.

My people since Sunday I have been seriously weak and confused, a lot on my mind already but now I have to add this to it Marriage is for the faint hearted abeg!!!

The kind of rent that a womans egg can clear is for a bad accommodation and judging from your good english here I will say you dey lie abeg

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Hotbreadandbean: 12:33pm On May 10, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
What she used the proceeds of the money for is what I don't understand. It shows she's just vain and doesn't have pressing needs as you opined.

I have been down this path before - sold my eggs. It was one of those dark moments. I was so broke. Jesus. And I couldn't beg. The money came in VERY handy. I got paid and also, was able to put a smile on another's face too. Memories.

You can't do anything more than forgive her.
Hmmm, was there any side effects to it? Asking for a friend she's around 21 yrs old, I'm trying to discourage her from doing it but she's hellbent, I just hope she won't regret it in the future

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Saintmary(f): 12:38pm On May 10, 2022
JovialJune:

There are several consequences for the procedure, she can experience bleeding when the needle is inserted to her ovaries, damage to the bowel, bladder, or nearby blood vessels, infections etc.

That is why I said my concern is possible malpractice.

Could you please read through before quoting?

This is the second time you're rushing to quote me before reading properly.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Saintmary(f): 12:40pm On May 10, 2022
Hotbreadandbean:

Hmmm, was there any side effects to it? Asking for a friend she's around 21 yrs old, I'm trying to discourage her from doing it but she's hellbent, I just hope she won't regret it in the future

It's more suitable for ladies who already have kids. Because they are simply giving out what they don't need.

Anyone who takes eggs from someone who has never had kids is wicked in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Saintmary(f): 12:43pm On May 10, 2022
cococandy:
:l
Nope. I’m not. Why would I be kidding?
Selling eggs for a phone?

First of all the process isn’t as easy as when men go donate sperm. It’s more tedious. Requires multiple fertility treatments and hormones so that the woman can produce multiple eggs during one cycle. The extraction is painful as well. Plus the hormones have side effects. Why someone would go through all that for something minuscule as a phone is what I’m not understanding. That’s why I said I’ve never seen that before.
I know one lady who did hers to get $10k to pay some part of her nursing school tuition. That makes sense. But for phone is just weird

Now I understand why you said you've never seen that before.

Truly, I was surprised that she did all that for a phone. But hunger and the fear of it makes people do the most stupid things.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 10, 2022
JovialJune:
All this cock and bull stories trying to touch the heart, if not that someone is knowledgeable on things like this, I could have swallowed this story.

First off egg donation takes months of preparation for extraction,

1) She will have to go through series of tests to qualify,

2)She will take a medication that will stop menstrual cycle for months,

3) She will take series of fertility drugs that stimulates the ovaries to produce several eggs at once,

4) She will have to administer these medications and injections herself either under her skin or into the muscle as she can't take it all in the hospital, so how come you didn't see the medications and injections?

5) She will have to stop sexual intercourse with you for months so she won't get pregnant in the process, and you say you didn't know, una no dey fvck each other?

6) How come immediately she was done, she was able to walk out of the hospital and straight to the market to get a phone?

7) She will have to recover mister man even if it's for a day, and since it is her first time, it will take her days in the hospital bed to recover, and there are side effects to the process, and hers will be more severe since it is her first time, so there is no how you won't be aware of it

You people should stop bringing up fictions that touches the heart just to paint women bad and whatnot, una no dey tire?

While, the story cannot be verified as true or false, I see you deliberately dished out outright lies in support of your gender.
1) Yes, it takes a series of tests to qualify, but these tests are not time consuming, just done a day during her menstrual cycle to ascertain her egg count.

2)Outright lies, she does not take any medication to stop her menstrual flow.

3)Taking fertility drugs/injection is true, but how does it invalidate the story,

4)How does this still invalidate the story? Can’t she inject herself while hubby is away?

5)Outright and outrageous lie. The preparatory process takes less than or max of 2 weeks and can never run into a month, talk less of months. Avoiding sex for a two week period or more is very plausible.

6)The story did not indicate phone was bought same day, the story started from te day the phone was brought home, and recovery is a matter of minutes with a day’s rest.

7)Biggest of the lies. You regain consciousness in a matter of minutes, it’s a non invasive procedure with a less than a hour sedation. She will simply go home and rest and feign a little fever.

You can visit nordica fertility online to see everything you wrote is a lie or read via the link below. While this does not in anyway make the story true, don’t try to be a spin doctor to discredit a story because a woman is involved. The story is very plausible 100%.

https://www.parents.com/getting-pregnant/infertility/treatments/what-is-the-egg-retrieval-process-really-like/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 10, 2022
cococandy:

Must be different in other places I guess but it should surely pay more than the amount needed for a mere phone.

Thank you, that amount you posted is really a lot. Compared to the amount Uyi posted, perhaps only because it is in Nigeria.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Hotbreadandbean: 1:11pm On May 10, 2022
Saintmary:

It's more suitable for ladies who already have kids. Because they are simply giving out what they don't need.

Anyone who takes eggs from someone who has never had kids is wicked in my opinion.
Hmmm, I dunno how to talk this girl out of it o, she already has an appointment with a doctor tomorrow
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by ukaface(f): 1:18pm On May 10, 2022
So na phone be her problem? Phone that they keep reinventing everyday? That phone wey she buy will by next year be called a low class phone where blackberry dey or the first version of iPhone?
She didn't save it for business, didn't save for her child's fee na to buy phone. Which kine yeye sense she get sef? Fish brain

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by ibechris(m): 1:22pm On May 10, 2022
Where is the wisdom here?

A woman who is supposed to come to the aid of the family but chose to buy a phone must be a home wrecker.

This is the time to be strong brother.
Your wife has no marriage goal but good to be married.

What is money when ur family is not a priority?
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 10, 2022
Smh
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by NoToPile: 1:25pm On May 10, 2022
Is that how it is easy to retrieve eggs.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Haakeem(m): 1:27pm On May 10, 2022
meobizy:
Which kind of fantasy is this?
they don give this one idea.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Jamahyel(m): 1:27pm On May 10, 2022
chatinent:
So that's what all those womanhood groups do?

Sell eggs just to buy a phone?
I am highly disappointed in the way most humans worship material things.
its a shame my brother.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by JovialJune(f): 1:47pm On May 10, 2022
skoskosko:

While, the story cannot be verified as true or false, I see you deliberately dished out outright lies in support of your gender.
1) Yes, it takes a series of tests to qualify, but these tests are not time consuming, just done a day during her menstrual cycle to ascertain her egg count.

2)Outright lies, she does not take any medication to stop her menstrual flow.

3)Taking fertility drugs/injection is true, but how does it invalidate the story,

4)How does this still invalidate the story? Can’t she inject herself while hubby is away?

5)Outright and outrageous lie. The preparatory process takes less than or max of 2 weeks and can never run into a month, talk less of months. Avoiding sex for a two week period or more is very plausible.

6)The story did not indicate phone was bought same day, the story started from te day the phone was brought home, and recovery is a matter of minutes with a day’s rest.

7)Biggest of the lies. You regain consciousness in a matter of minutes, it’s a non invasive procedure with a less than a hour sedation. She will simply go home and rest and feign a little fever.

You can visit nordica fertility online to see everything you wrote is a lie or read via the link below. While this does not in anyway make the story true, don’t try to be a spin doctor to discredit a story because a woman is involved. The story is very plausible 100%.

https://www.parents.com/getting-pregnant/infertility/treatments/what-is-the-egg-retrieval-process-really-like/

In order to show your ignorance, try not to be daft at the same time,

1) The tests are time comsuming, from HIV to HEPATITIS B AND C, to GENERATIONAL BIRTH DEFECTS and HEREDITARY DISEASES, these tests are not a days job or whatever nonsense you just spewed, is it a day's bla bla bla you typed that will get all these tests done?

2) She will take a medication to stop her menses flow so as to increase her hormones to get healthy fertile eggs, how the hell will sperm meet a fertile egg if not for the absence of menstruation? You want to school a woman on her body system? Are you okay?

3) There is no way Op will miss her medications and injections in the house, whether in the dustbin or whereever she hides things, the side effects from it alone will make him ask questions

4) The Op did not indicate that he is an "away" husband, they live together

5) Pls have sense, the preparatory process takes months most especially in Nigeria that you will be told to come back for just one test result in 2,3weeks or a month time, talk less of multiple tests so what are you saying?

6) The story did not also state she did not buy the phone same day either, the recovery is not a matter of minutes for everyone, it can take days for some and a day for others, a first timer will go through series of side effects before she fully recovers

7) Who is talking about unconsciousness? I'm talking of the recovery process, side effects and risks involved you're talking of unconsciousness

Most people commenting here talked of first hand experience same as me, you're referring me to Google assumptions? Why not go and ask for consultations and medications from Google when next you have an ailment or you want to go for surgery undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by meobizy(f): 1:52pm On May 10, 2022
Haakeem:
they don give this one idea.
I no dey forbid.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by JovialJune(f): 1:52pm On May 10, 2022
Saintmary:

That is why I said my concern is possible malpractice.

Could you please read through before quoting?

This is the second time you're rushing to quote me before reading properly.

Excuse me, this is the first time I will directly quote you first, subsequent ones has been you quoting my comments to say your piece while I counter as the case may be, but who is counting

I read your post correctly, and like I said earlier, regardless of possible malpractice or not, there are risks and side effects to the procedure, and I named but a few in my previous comment because it is important for people to know.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Patrioticbreed9(m): 1:58pm On May 10, 2022
post=112684605:
Who says there is nothing new under the sun

To start with,
@OP, do you have kids yet?!

We even think say na crates of egg Oga dey talk o!
That was actually the first thing that came to our mind!!

I Tell you o
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Saintmary(f): 1:59pm On May 10, 2022
Hotbreadandbean:

Hmmm, I dunno how to talk this girl out of it o, she already has an appointment with a doctor tomorrow

Well, legally, she is an adult, so, you cannot be made responsible for whatever goes wrong.

But then, why not call her parents and tell them today?

They might be able to prevent her.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Hotbreadandbean: 2:02pm On May 10, 2022
Saintmary:

Well, legally, she is an adult, so, you cannot be made responsible for whatever goes wrong.

But then, why not call her parents and tell them today?
The parents are even supporting her, her mum is 43 and hasn't reached menopause yet, she's also planning to do it cos her daughter told her the hospital is offering 180k
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Saintmary(f): 2:03pm On May 10, 2022
Hotbreadandbean:

The parents are even supporting her, her mum is 43 and hasn't reached menopause yet, she's also planning to do it cos her daughter told her the hospital is offering 180k

Just let them be.

At least you have done your bit.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by cococandy(f): 2:18pm On May 10, 2022
truthsayer009:

Thank you, that amount you posted is really a lot. Compared to the amount Uyi posted, perhaps only because it is in Nigeria.
I think in Nigeria even if they want to be cheap they should at least make it $1-2k dollars. That’s like 500k - 1 mil considering that they do charge the TTC parents many millions of naira for donor eggs. The least they can do is pay those girls at 500k.
If they are really giving 100k, they are very greedy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Klass99(f): 2:21pm On May 10, 2022
cool

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 10, 2022
cococandy:

I think in Nigeria even if they want to be cheap they should at least make it $1-2k dollars. That’s like 500k - 1 mil considering that they do charge the TTC parents many millions of naira for donor eggs. The least they can do is pay those girls at 500k.
If they are really giving 100k, they are very greedy.

I agree & the reason is because the Fertility clinics call all the shots because they know people are always willing to do it regardless of pay.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by CHoccolaTE: 2:29pm On May 10, 2022
This Op too dey lie.

He said his wife is on birth control and still donating egg at the same time?

Hian.

4. As for the sex part and her risking getting pregnant, she has been on birth control pills for like 4years now so pregnancy wasn't going to stop her from the procedures....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Housewife Beaten To Coma For Investing Family Savings In MMM / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List / MouthAction In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.