Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. (73670 Views)

My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This / Husband Damages Wife's Phone With Cutlass For Not Telling Him Her Password.Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 10, 2022
JovialJune:

In order to show your ignorance, try not to be daft at the same time,

1) The tests are time comsuming, from HIV to HEPATITIS B AND C, to GENERATIONAL BRITH DEFECTS and HEREDITARY DISEASES, these tests are not a days job or whatever nonsense you just spewed, is it a day's bla bla bla you typed that will only be done?

2) She takes a medication to stop her menses flow so as to increase her hormones to get healthy fertile eggs, how the hell will sperm meet a fertile egg if not for the absence of menstruation? You want to school a woman on her body system? Are you okay?

3) There is no way Op will miss her medications and injections in the house, whether in the dustbin or whereever she hides things, the side effects from it alone will make him ask questions

4) The Op did not indicate that he is an "away" husband, they live together

5) Pls have sense, the preparatoy process takes months most especially in Nigeria that you will be told to come back for just one test results in 2,3weeks or a months time, talk less of multiple tests so what are you saying?

6) The story did not also state she did not buy the phone same day either, the recovery is not a matter of minutes for everyone, it can takes days for some and a day for others, a first timer will go through series of side effects before she fully recovers

7) Who is talking about unconsciousness? I'm talking of the recovery process, side effects and risks involved you're talking of unconsciousness

Most people commenting here talked of first hand experience same as me, you're referring me to Google assumptions? Why not go ask for consultations and medications from Google when next you have an ailment or you want to go for surgery undecided

When the debate is lost, they resort to tantrums. Go and bring facts and not emotions. I referred you to nordica, it’s one of the first rated fertility clinics in Nigeria. There is no test/ recovery you stated that takes months. Even dna testing where samples need to be sent abroad are ready in 2-3 weeks. You seem to forgot the medications/injections are time bound and not infinite. For recovery to take several days or months, there must have been complications which is extremely rare and rated 1-2%. Recovery takes minutes and with a days rest when there is no complications. No one commented on the lies you wrote from first hand experiences. As acknowledged, this does not validate the story, but your spin to discredit it are outright lies. You obviously set out for deceit simply because it had to do with a female. You have not been able to aptly state where you got the several months long process from.

Lastly, before calling someone ignorant or daft in a public fora, you should back up your counter claims with verifiable facts from maybe medical journals, texts and resources online/offline, not your emotional rants else you begin to sound ignorant and daft.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by cococandy(f): 2:37pm On May 10, 2022
CHoccolaTE:
This Op too dey lie.

He said his wife is on birth control and still donating egg at the same time?

Hian.

That one doesn’t know birth control impacts ovulation. When people are lying above their pay grade grin
Like he doesn’t even have ovaries. Why won’t he bungle the story?

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by JovialJune(f): 2:38pm On May 10, 2022
CHoccolaTE:
This Op too dey lie.

He said his wife is on birth control and still donating egg at the same time?

Hian.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Silentgroper(m): 2:48pm On May 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Seems the sales is expensive over at your location....

Over here the sales of egg range from 100k -150k.

Anyways you should be proud that your wife could sale her eggs, not all women can do that nowadays because of STDs grin...

And there's no risk involve for you guys to have children so just chill Op.

She needed a phone, it might even be for business. I can imagine how many years or months she has been without phone to take such action angry angry... God will provide.
How does std occur in the selling of eggs.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Dorwadora(f): 2:51pm On May 10, 2022
Silentgroper:
How does std occur in the selling of eggs.

A woman with any form of STDs can not donate or sale her eggs.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:57pm On May 10, 2022
Hotbreadandbean:

Hmmm, were there any side effects to it? Asking for a friend who's around 21 yrs old, I'm trying to discourage her from doing it but she's hellbent, I just hope she won't regret it in the future

Tell her to disembark. If I were to turn back the hands of time, I wouldn't have taken that step. I was lucky not to have had complications (or so I suppose), the girl who went alongside me still suffers mildly for this action that was done years ago.

I know how dark and depressing it feels when you are empty and don't see help coming through.

All the same, I hope my act paved a way for an expectant couple. Your friend will be fine.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Silentgroper(m): 2:58pm On May 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
A woman with any form of STDs can not donate or sale her eggs.
oh!!! I thought one could contract it during extraction..
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by pocohantas(f): 3:02pm On May 10, 2022
cococandy:

That one doesn’t know birth control impacts ovulation. When people are lying above their pay grade grin
Like he doesn’t even have ovaries. Why won’t he bungle the story?

grin grin Yet they won’t rest.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Dorwadora(f): 3:07pm On May 10, 2022
Silentgroper:
oh!!! I thought one could contract it during extraction..
Definitely not STDs but a woman can get infections after extraction if handled by unprofessionals.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by pocohantas(f): 3:08pm On May 10, 2022
JovialJune:

In order to show your ignorance, try not to be daft at the same time,

1) The tests are time comsuming, from HIV to HEPATITIS B AND C, to GENERATIONAL BRITH DEFECTS and HEREDITARY DISEASES, these tests are not a days job or whatever nonsense you just spewed, is it a day's bla bla bla you typed that will get all these tests done?

2) She will take a medication to stop her menses flow so as to increase her hormones to get healthy fertile eggs, how the hell will sperm meet a fertile egg if not for the absence of menstruation? You want to school a woman on her body system? Are you okay?

3) There is no way Op will miss her medications and injections in the house, whether in the dustbin or whereever she hides things, the side effects from it alone will make him ask questions

4) The Op did not indicate that he is an "away" husband, they live together

5) Pls have sense, the preparatoy process takes months most especially in Nigeria that you will be told to come back for just one test results in 2,3weeks or a months time, talk less of multiple tests so what are you saying?

6) The story did not also state she did not buy the phone same day either, the recovery is not a matter of minutes for everyone, it can take days for some and a day for others, a first timer will go through series of side effects before she fully recovers

7) Who is talking about unconsciousness? I'm talking of the recovery process, side effects and risks involved you're talking of unconsciousness

Most people commenting here talked of first hand experience same as me, you're referring me to Google assumptions? Why not go and ask for consultations and medications from Google when next you have an ailment or you want to go for surgery undecided

Leave am. The same NORDICA in Ikoyi that my friend used abi another one? cheesy

I just had to search Nordica in WhatsApp and our chats popped up. Make e dey run mouth.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Silentgroper(m): 3:11pm On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:

Some people can be extremely discreet yunno?

The story might be false though.
yeah.. like me ..

I can mask a broken leg..

I love being discreet and mysterious

Omoh if people see me finish, e dey always vex me oo

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by JovialJune(f): 3:11pm On May 10, 2022
[s]
skoskosko:

When the debate is lost, they resort to tantrums. Go and bring facts and not emotions. I referred you to nordica, it’s one of the first rated fertility clinics in Nigeria. There is no test/ recovery you stated that takes months. Even dna testing where samples need to be sent abroad are ready in 2-3 weeks. You seem to forgot the medications/injections are time bound and not infinite. For recovery to take several days or months, there must have been complications which is extremely rare and rated 1-2%. Recovery takes minutes and with a days rest when there is no complications. No one commented on the lies you wrote from first hand experiences. As acknowledged, this does not validate the story, but your spin to discredit it are outright lies. You obviously set out for deceit simply because it had to do with a female. You have not been able to aptly state where you got the several months long process from.

Lastly, before calling someone ignorant or daft in a public fora, you should back up your counter claims with verifiable facts from maybe medical journals, texts and resources online/offline, not your emotional rants else you begin to sound ignorant and daft.
[/s]

I honestly and sincerely don't know why I'm arguing with someone that has no ovaries, imagine comparing DNA tests to the painful procedure of egg retrieval, imagine referring me to journals and texts, like it is same as first hand experience, every thing is always about gender war to slow people without sense, we are talking of the female body system this one is typing trash, people that reduces IQ aren't worth the effort at all undecided

This is my last response to you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Silentgroper(m): 3:16pm On May 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Definitely not STDs but a woman can get infections after extraction if handled by unprofessionals.
hmm
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by pocohantas(f): 3:17pm On May 10, 2022
JovialJune:
[s][/s]

I honestly and sincerely don't know why I'm arguing with someone that has no ovaries, imagine comparing DNA tests to the painful procedure of egg retrieval, imagine referring me to journals and texts, like it is same as first hand experience, every thing is always about gender war to slow people without sense, we are talking of the female body system this one is typing trash, people that reduces IQ aren't worth the effort at all undecided

This is my last response to you.

You didn’t even add the part that the injection needs cool temperature. So she can’t hide it inside her box or under the bed. grin

They think they can grow vagina and ovaries by reading google links. Nordica kor, Evercare ni!

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 10, 2022
JovialJune:
[s]

This is my last response to you.[/s]
Read slowly what you wrote, bring out one sense! Non right? That is the real trash, the low budget response that actually reduces IQ. Only empty emotions. If you had a reasonable IQ, you would have backed up your lies. Do you know why you can’t? Because they are lies and there is nothing to back it up with. No need bantering words with you, my aim is already achieved, any sane mind will not take either words for it but would verify and discover what you dished out were outright dishonesty for obvious reasons. So if I don’t have ovaries, I don’t have a wife or sisters or women around me. Maybe since you have ovaries, you know nothing about spermatozoa. I repeat, there is no test that takes months, and the the entire process itself takes weeks, the so called egg retrieval takes less than 30mins, while recovery is minutes with a days rest. If you have a counter timeframe, please prove it. Instead of name calling, prove your so called high IQ by disproven this. Ofcourse, you can’t! I don’t expect your response either, you have been called out for your lies, and after trying so hard to spin it around, you had no evidence to back it up, because a lie will always be what it is, A LIE!

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Silentgroper(m): 3:32pm On May 10, 2022
Hotbreadandbean:

Hmmm, was there any side effects to it? Asking for a friend she's around 21 yrs old, I'm trying to discourage her from doing it but she's hellbent, I just hope she won't regret it in the future
are you it's for a friend ....

Aunty no dey disguise oo

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Hardquy(m): 3:32pm On May 10, 2022
I want to do it. Please put me through on doing this
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Miarose: 3:41pm On May 10, 2022
The process I did took 8 weeks to egg retrival. I have done two cycles of ivf.
Though I hear there are faster cycles now but you both have a point.
Also, as with all things health related, recovery varies from person to person. No need for violent arguments guys..

skoskosko:

Read slowly what you wrote, bring out one sense! Non right? That is the real trash, the low budget response that actually reduces IQ. Only empty emotions. If you had a reasonable IQ, you would have backed up your lies. Do you know why you can’t? Because they are lies and there is nothing to back it up with. No need bantering words with you, my aim is already achieved, any sane mind will not take either words for it but would verify and discover what you dished out were outright dishonesty for obvious reasons. So if I don’t have ovaries, I don’t have a wife or sisters or women around me. Maybe since you have ovaries, you know nothing about spermatozoa. I repeat, there is no test that takes months, and the the entire process itself takes weeks, the so called egg retrieval takes less than 30mins, while recovery is minutes with a days rest. If you have a counter timeframe, please prove it. Instead of name calling, prove your so called high IQ by disproven this. Ofcourse, you can’t! I don’t expect your response either, you have been called out for your lies, and after trying so hard to spin it around, you had no evidence to back it up, because a lie will always be what it is, A LIE!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 10, 2022
ImaIma1:
OP please how much did they pay for the eggs. I'm asking for someone wink
grin grin
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by JoyousFurnitire(m): 3:44pm On May 10, 2022
Hotbreadandbean:

The parents are even supporting her, her mum is 43 and hasn't reached menopause yet, she's also planning to do it cos her daughter told her the hospital is offering 180k
WTF

Na so suffer reach? shocked
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On May 10, 2022
Larryfest:

Oga how can a wife decide on such things without the husband's knowledge? What if things went south or something? Current money problems or not you think that was a smart decision
This is why I asked my question to ascertain exactly what it was your quarrel was. undecided

What do you recon could have gone south abeg? What is it exactly she shouldn't have done without her husband's knowledge? undecided
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by CSTRR: 4:00pm On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:
Every time a woman ovulates, she releases at least 1 egg. So, biologically, selling of eggs has no negative impact on a woman. It's only eggs she sold, not her ovaries. Her ovaries' got more than enough to meet her reproductive needs. It's even better to sell it than waste it (as menstruation).

The bigger issues are that she failed to inform you about the procedure and whatever it was you guys were going through didn't matter to her. It was all about her. These are the main threats to your marriage.

You haven't seen anything yet.
She is going to have a baby running around somewhere in the world.

The same for sperm donors

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On May 10, 2022
donbenie:
Yes it's all about priorities..
She sold her eggs and her priority was a Samsung phone?
Guess the man should sell his sperm and buy an iPhone..
And let the house rent sort itself..
This doesn't seem the OP'S beef as it turns out. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 10, 2022
Miarose:
The process I did took 8 weeks to egg retrival. I have done two cycles of ivf.
Though I hear there are faster cycles now but you both have a point.
Also, as with all things health related, recovery varies from person to person. No need for violent arguments guys..

I can understand your input, if you read the OP story, you find out it was very plausible. I am not holding his brief, but someone just coming out to use lies to discredit his story is cancel culture. I have had 2 very close people undergo IVF treatment both at Nordica Asaba and my country of residence, non took above a month. The OP even stated his wife undertook the procedure in 3 weeks which is very plausible, like he said, does nairaland pay for stories for him to just cook up such? Some even went as far as calling him a liar for saying his wife was on birth control without knowing birth control has no impart on the process. It was just cancel culture taken far.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 10, 2022
Going through this thread,I feel needles pains in my stomach already..
This quest is not for me.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by CSTRR: 4:08pm On May 10, 2022
cococandy:

The part where he didn’t realize any of that until he saw a phone receipt. Did they even live together?
Are you saying there is absolutely nothing you can hide that your husband will never find out?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On May 10, 2022
Larryfest:

Ahahaha pls don't make me laugh... More eggs to sell Even this one she sold I'm so pissed off about it, who knows if there will be consequences later.
I don't get it. Do you and your wife plan to have more kids or something? Is your concern that by selling her eggs there will be no more eggs for you two to use in making other kids? Is that your worry? undecided

Or are you simply operating under the idea that because she is your wife her eggs are automagically all your property? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This is why I asked my question to ascertain exactly what it was your quarrel was. undecided

What do you recon could have gone south abeg? What is it exactly she shouldn't have done without her husband's knowledge? undecided
Wow! People have gone in for simpler procedures without coming out alive. So anything could have gone wrong! It is legally and morally wrong for her to take such life altering procedures without her husband’s knowledge. So you mean the husband can wake up and have a vasectomy without informing his wife simply because it is his body? Although very rare for major complications to arise from egg donation, but what if she falls into the unfortunate 2%, and puts her husband in a position he did not bargain for? Are you saying it is right to make medical decisions of such magnitude without spousal knowledge and consent?
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On May 10, 2022
skoskosko:

Wow! People have gone in for simpler procedures without coming out alive.

1. So anything could have gone wrong! It is legally and morally wrong for her to take such life altering procedures without her husband’s knowledge.

2. So you mean the husband can wake up and have a vasectomy without informing his wife simply because it is his body?

3. Although very rare for major complications to arise from egg donation, but what if she falls into the unfortunate 2%, and puts her husband in a position he did not bargain for?

4. Are you saying it is right to make medical decisions of such magnitude without spousal knowledge and consent?
1. Life altering? In what way is the procedure "life altering" abeg? undecided

2. How exactly does donating an egg instead of flushing it down the toilet compare to a husband getting a vasectomy abeg?, undecided

3. A position such as ? undecided

4. I don't know. Millions of single women world over donate eggs regularly, so I am trying to see why a married woman's case should be made special. undecided

Don't get me wrong here.... I completely understand there are potentially great risks involved here. But I doubt the Op's concerns have to do with his wife's health as his Op read more like he felt she had to have him making the decision as far as her eggs and the money gained from it. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Miarose: 4:34pm On May 10, 2022
Yeah i see your point. Some people are bad at narration. They just go straight to the point and may not bother about the minor details.. Doesnt mean they are lying.

skoskosko:

I can understand your input, if you read the OP story, you find out it was very plausible. I am not holding his brief, but someone just coming out to use lies to discredit his story is cancel culture. I have had 2 very close people undergo IVF treatment both at Nordica Asaba and my country of residence, non took above a month. The OP even stated his wife undertook the procedure in 3 weeks which is very plausible, like he said, does nairaland pay for stories for him to just cook up such? Some even went as far as calling him a liar for saying his wife was on birth control without knowing birth control has no impart on the process. It was just cancel culture taken far.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by cococandy(f): 4:35pm On May 10, 2022
CSTRR:

Are you saying there is absolutely nothing you can hide that your husband will never find out?
Depends on what it is obviously.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Acidosis(m): 4:37pm On May 10, 2022
CSTRR:

She is going to have a baby running around somewhere in the world.

The same for sperm donors

Lol. Reproduction is a more complex process.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Housewife Beaten To Coma For Investing Family Savings In MMM / Lady Accused Of Abandoning Her House Help At A Restaurant Speaks / MouthAction In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.