Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,598 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? - Pets (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? (32914 Views)

My First Time Seeing GSD Mixed With Nigerian Local Dogs / Where Can I Get Nigerian Local Dog Puppies In Lagos?[suggestions Needed] / Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Nobody: 9:39am On May 13, 2022
koolaid87:
Cos Ekuke loves eating Poo with their ugly long mouth
All dogs love eating poop, just say they’re ugly.
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Dshocker(m): 10:16am On May 13, 2022
Bobmarie:
All dogs eat poop.

Not all dogs dear
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Orgasmgiver123(m): 10:39am On May 13, 2022
A picture of Rubby, my 10 year old ekuke
She has give birth 19 different times
her lowest litter size is 4
Highest is 8

The amount of bush meat this old lady has killed is uncountable

Starting from 3 weeks after she gives birth, she brings rabbit ( the one with white at the end of its tail ) home every night. When the puppies are like 3 months old she stops bringing rabbits home.
This old lady is the most loyal living thing i have ever seen

Around 2018 one of our goat gave birth but died a week after, the dead goats kid sucked on rubby’s breasts for over one month.

The puppy in the picture is not hers, i found it wondering in a near by bush, i tried my possible best to locate the owner but i couldn’t. Unfortunately the puppy got stolen few days later

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by jendhorlee(m): 3:42pm On May 13, 2022
kumbhuru:

I sense serenity in this picture. See natural environment around your house. Must be nice
Thanks man. Very nice observation smiley
We have different kind of plants around us and trees also. The environment breathes fresh air. One of the reasons i love travelling home
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Geepee77(m): 10:14pm On May 13, 2022
Dshocker:

Not all dogs dear

Poop eating is built into the dog. Eating their own poop is part of their behavior and it could be because of poor diet or the inability to properly digest nutrients.
Eating of poop is absolutely normal for dogs, as Hunan we train them out of it.
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Csami(m): 11:57pm On May 13, 2022
I look at my local dog and I see a cute husky

E concern you not me

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Lacash: 7:50am On May 15, 2022
OKOATA:
Guy the Boerboel I trained eat shit o. Even German Sherpard eat shit. All dogs eat shit bro.
Are you kidney me bro shocked shocked
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by larryking540: 5:24am On May 16, 2022
naniawini:
Can you please share a pic of her??
I am not in the country currently,and I wouldn't want to ask my father for any pic because he go bill me instantly ���..not vex ,
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by larryking540: 5:27am On May 16, 2022
Lacash:
Are you kidney me bro shocked shocked
yeah , train or lose guard your dog , believe me ,he will eat poo from street ,na we just carry foreign dog like eggs ,open the gate for them ,they will also behave like our local dog ,why spend so much on a foreign breed ,and training when you can do same with a local dog ,my dog I give her medication even deworming tablet ,and they are very healthy,the problem most people have is telling your dog name to every body who comes around and the dog end up having more than 1master

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by larryking540: 5:36am On May 16, 2022
lexy2014:

How are they dirty, unkept and filled with disease? What type of disease? What makes u think a German shepherd can't be dirty, unkept and filled with diseases?
the damage the white man did to an African man ,was really a collateral damage,we have helped preserve the generation of foreign breed dogs unknownly,while ours we eat it up and consume it ,a time will come we will pay billions just to have a dog around us because we don't even have ours again
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by larryking540: 5:37am On May 16, 2022
armyofone:

How do you deal with dog odor ?
rub them Vaseline or dog spray ,it's available in the market,
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Lacash: 7:43am On May 16, 2022
larryking540:
yeah , train or lose guard your dog , believe me ,he will eat poo from street ,na we just carry foreign dog like eggs ,open the gate for them ,they will also behave like our local dog ,why spend so much on a foreign breed ,and training when you can do same with a local dog ,my dog I give her medication even deworming tablet ,and they are very healthy,the problem most people have is telling your dog name to every body who comes around and the dog end up having more than 1master
Thanks so much for the insight bro, I really appreciate you.
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by naniawini(f): 12:09pm On May 16, 2022
larryking540:

I am not in the country currently,and I wouldn't want to ask my father for any pic because he go bill me instantly ���..not vex ,
grin grin grin it's fine dear
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by fela97: 11:38pm On Nov 24, 2022
shocked shocked

VPN11:

You are so welcome comrade.

People know about our local breeds we find around. Call it basenji, call it indian pariah call it ekuke, call it meat 404 call it stray dogs, call it shit eaters but truth is, these breeds need more care and need not to be treated like a pack of shit grin

Here are some reasons why you should own an ekuke over that caucasian , pitbull , samoyed or GSD you so much crave for

1. Immunity and disease resistance

Have you ever seen an ekuke being dewormed or vaccinated at birth? Fact is no and never. Why ? Well thats because these breeds are so much immune to so many diseases affecting canines. You'll see them in gutters and dump yards yet, dem go still dey healthy cheesy. But with that boarboel of yours, you'll always be scared of pavo virus and the rest hoping your 150k + doesn't go with the wind. You can't even let your dogs out anyhow but with an ekuke, you don't need to be worried.

2. Feeding

Some people spend 10k+ every month just to feed their GSD. Some spend 15k+ just to feed their caucasian. With your local breed, why should you spend that much when all you have to do is feed it the remains of last night's food. They'll eat anything, they don't complain. Give them eba, they'll eat. If you want to treat them well, give them spoilt beans, they'll love you for ever.

3. Cost
To get a very pure boarboel from S.A, ready your 200k+ , same goes for caucasian and about 150k+ for a good GSD but with your 1k, you can get your local dog. Some even goes for as low as 500 naira. So come to think of it, why spend that much on just a dog that can die at any time. cheesy

4. Security
Some say these breeds are not security conscious but thats a fat lie. If you want to mess with them visit them at night when they are most active. (Which thief or burglar operates during the day tho). They are naturally sight hounds and speed hounds (hunters use them to catch meat and their success rate is 90%). They'll alert you way before any intruder gets in. Moreover, why spend 100 thousand naira or more on a foreign breed when you can get 100 ekukes to guard your home grin (who born any thief well when you have hundreds of dogs waiting in line to have a taste of your juicy flesh) . Afterall, there's strength in numbers they say wink

5. Longevity
They never fall sick, they never starve (even if you don't feed them they'll go an look for food themselves. Thats how smart they are). So what will kill them then?

Once again thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Residents Kill Dog That Killed 50 Goats & Sheep In Kenya (Photos) / Jungle Justice On A Pet Python: Man Inspired By Pretty Mike Acquires N23k Python / Lady Offers N50,000 To Anyone Who Finds Her Dog, Reveals Identity Of Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.