Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,715 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? - Pets (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? (32919 Views)

My First Time Seeing GSD Mixed With Nigerian Local Dogs / Where Can I Get Nigerian Local Dog Puppies In Lagos?[suggestions Needed] / Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by headbasher96(m): 11:32am On May 12, 2022
Abeg make una leave me my ekuke economy no the smile and i go still the spend huge monthly for feeding na lie waiver the anything wey neihbour give am but dont get too comfortable when u are close to him e the shine teeth sometimes for me too.

And the funniest part is dont dare put your hand on the ground when him confront u thats when he attack ekuke all the way the only thing is dont allow your ekuke to stray if u are going out chain it when u are in it should be with u na based on say we nigerians no the look dog as pet na him make ekuke no get value.

And if u want to see him in action just grapple with me like we are fighting even me no fit stop am unless he wound u or he no see the person again this dog make everyone the compose when them reach our frontage even scrap dealer no the near as in she get vandetta with that their sack they carry once he see that sack blood must flow i dont even know why he does that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Coolbreeze1988(m): 11:38am On May 12, 2022
I have 4 basenjis,one has been with me for 12 years, older than my daughter. Though I have a Caucasian shepherd.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Sunnyobums: 11:41am On May 12, 2022
sylve11:

There's a dog in my neighbourhood back then. Bro, you can't throw a stone at that dog and go scot-free.

Nor play with Tupac o. sad cool
Damn, who names their dog 2pac, lol.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by AntiChristian: 11:52am On May 12, 2022
whitedove:
I See! shebi an create am,confused lots.

I think you are the confused lot here. I can't even understand what you wrote!

Try to write legibly enough if you want to abuse!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Manolo213: 11:56am On May 12, 2022
They're Racists

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by jmoore(m): 12:05pm On May 12, 2022
larryking540:
I once bought a bingo for 2000naira ,I went in YouTube to research how to command a dog ,from basics command to advance commamds for dog ,went to the market to buy fish waste ,cow meat waste ,fowl feed waste ,the size this dog turned out was so magnificent,I tamed the dog such that you can't play with it ,we never had any kid around my home so It was literally a guard dog I was making...he sleeps in my room at day time and when it's 12pm he goes out and sit close to our enterance door ,what a sweet dog ,you can't press our door bell , because that's where I place his food and at the back gate ,so he hears any sound coming from the back side ,he runs to check who goes there , because I have programmed her brain to think any sound from the back gate means there is food waiting,same goes to the front enterance gate,when the dog was 5months ,I take her for a walk round the end to end of my compound,I did this to tell her this is your territory and don't allow intruder,at every walk I give the dog a cookie dog food or some times I buy pop corn and gift her to make her happy,...last time I check my dad told me she has given birth and still very active,most people where already booking for her puppies.

less I forget,she always wants to stay outside the house to guard when it's sun set , infact she behaves like human ,she sits in the kitchen even if a piece of meat falls she doesn't eat it till you give her go ahead..

No picture why? I have never wanted to keep dogs but I am beginning to have a rethink after reading your post.

Show the picture abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by blackfase(m): 12:09pm On May 12, 2022
The fact that they eat shit. That pisses me off but right now I need one to help secure our compound. They are best for that...

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by justmi1: 12:19pm On May 12, 2022
Every dog is what you make of it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by lollybee15(m): 12:34pm On May 12, 2022
I'm a lover of and companion to, all dogs, be it local or foreign breed. Dogs, best friends of humans. Dogs eaters are evil.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Phethar007(m): 12:50pm On May 12, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:
depends on how they are raised and they mostly aren’t. I’ve seen a lot of cowardly Rottweilers and German shepherds. Growing up the tenant we had in the next house had a local breed that was stocky (muscular) and believe me you when I say that dog….. hmmm. God help you if he’s not on his chain.. the only chain he couldn’t break was the kind used to lock gates. Anything less only held him when he’s calm but never when there is a strange face and he tries to attack. He broke that chain steady and never backed down when challenged.
It probably was a mixed breed

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Ashley86400: 1:24pm On May 12, 2022
dochenaj:
How does #1500 translate to $10? Did you copy this post from 10 years ago?
Exactly.
It’s an old post that was reposted.
I read it here about 4 years ago.
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:47pm On May 12, 2022
Phethar007:
It probably was a mixed breed
it wasn’t. It was full breed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:48pm On May 12, 2022
jendhorlee:

Wow
That's what I'm saying, not all of them are skinny like someone described them
They do go quite big too if well taken care of
facts. You cant feed a dog only eba morning till night with little to no protein and expect it to bulk up
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by BigBashiru: 1:59pm On May 12, 2022
Balerion:
they are not indians and they don't like the name.

Yes you are right bro. I meant to say native Americans.
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by bezimo(m): 2:07pm On May 12, 2022
Allisgud:
all this dog are just useless eating lavishly only dogs are meant for security and hunting

Not every dog is meant for security and hunting..some are just for companion..change your mentality.
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Baselm: 2:10pm On May 12, 2022
Haakeem:
you wished it was a female so that you would sleep with it? Wtf!

See a doctor before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by IMASTEX: 3:21pm On May 12, 2022
Realist12:
Africans adore anything imported.
Very short & direct answer. Same way Bubu and his gang practice medical tourism.
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by chaloskyx: 3:28pm On May 12, 2022
The same way the average black man worships a white man and sees him as superior to the black man. do we even have regards for a fellow African man over a foreign national lets start there first
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Blue86(m): 3:54pm On May 12, 2022
It all boils down to inferior complex, that anything foreign is better than our indigenous product.

As long as we have that mentality, we impede ourselves.
And blame the stagnation on the leaders, who are no different from you in your mentality, except in cash.

I have two indigenous dogs.
Before you reach gate, they are already barking furiously.
The male is even the worst.
And the guy is just 7 months plus.
By the time he is one year plus.
E go be terror.

Treasure and take care of what you have.
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by KolawoleDev(m): 4:03pm On May 12, 2022
If this dog pursue as a child you for understand
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Aaay: 4:19pm On May 12, 2022
grin
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by jacoik(m): 4:40pm On May 12, 2022
SporaD8:

Depends on your budget.
Vets/Feed'em well and they'd be as big as you want. What made our local breeds skinny will actually kill your preferred foreign breeds.
guy you just killed it. What makes your local skinny can kill your foreign
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Ameboperoo(m): 6:04pm On May 12, 2022
hope4nigeria:
thank you Op for this post, I don't know why Nigerians are like that, I love local dogs so much, they are very friendly and strong, depends on how you take care of them, mine won't eat food if not place on a plate, very loyal dogs I once arrested someone because he stone my dog. No food wastage in my house thanks to local dogs.
This doesn't look local o
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Dshocker(m): 6:42pm On May 12, 2022
sheggsliveth:

You have dog you don't feed what else you expect the dog to eat....my dog do have leftover in her plastic, sometimes she do get fed up of her noodles so I have to brake egg on it.

As for the rabiest, I think it's only the infected dogs,when I first adopted my dog I got bitten by her I just took antibiotics and am not infected.its been a year in March.

U shouldn't have taken the antibiotics and wait to see what happens grin
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by sheggsliveth: 6:52pm On May 12, 2022
Dshocker:

U shouldn't have taken the antibiotics and wait to see what happens grin

You see now, God I didn't take any drugs.
.God is my witness if you don't believe me
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Dogzoneng: 6:57pm On May 12, 2022
Nice write up op. This is my own local breed. 3 months and 2 weeks old. I think people prefer foreign breed because of the dog looks and agility. All dogs have that instinct to secure their terrain.
Whether local or not, I love dogs.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Dshocker(m): 7:13pm On May 12, 2022
sheggsliveth:

You see now, God I didn't take any drugs.
.God is my witness if you don't believe me

Am not sure that the dog bit you
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by sheggsliveth: 7:46pm On May 12, 2022
Dshocker:

Am not sure that the dog bit you

God can bear me witness, her teeth enter my hand when she was trying to run away and I grab her.I got bitten that I bleed
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Haakeem(m): 7:51pm On May 12, 2022
Baselm:

See a doctor before it is too late.
don't rape that dog i'm warning you.
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Anndrew(m): 10:32pm On May 12, 2022
nony43:
They are not so aggressive. One time when I was sleeping, the nkita came to my ears and barked like to tell me it 7.00 already.

If thieves comes to your house, them go leave you run.
lolz..ekuke wise nah...u self if u see thief,u no go run.. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by kumbhuru: 8:34am On May 13, 2022
jendhorlee:
Nice write-up op
To be honest, i don't understand the resentment too. I own a very beautiful local dog, considering how i take care and feed her constantly, people do think she's pregnant considering how big and healthy she is

One of our relatives came to visit us, she couldn't close her mouth when she saw my mom giving the dog bread and Tea grin grin grin
If you see The way she opened her mouth ehn cheesy cheesy
When she eventually spoke, she said "you're giving a Dog bread and Tea"?

I said Yes, we feed her anything we eat in this house also
She just shook her head in pity. Lol

I don't understand why people think they don't deserve to be treated right
Foreign dogs have nothing over our beloved Ekuku cool cool
I sense serenity in this picture. See natural environment around your house. Must be nice

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Nobody: 9:37am On May 13, 2022
Dshocker:
They are hardly taken to a veterinary doctor,meaning they have rabies and if there were attack of armed robbers on your property,it is still the same dog that will show the robbers where you are hiding.

Ekuke dey chop shit
All dogs eat poop.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Residents Kill Dog That Killed 50 Goats & Sheep In Kenya (Photos) / Jungle Justice On A Pet Python: Man Inspired By Pretty Mike Acquires N23k Python / Lady Offers N50,000 To Anyone Who Finds Her Dog, Reveals Identity Of Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.