Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,222 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? (32907 Views)

My First Time Seeing GSD Mixed With Nigerian Local Dogs / Where Can I Get Nigerian Local Dog Puppies In Lagos?[suggestions Needed] / Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Neimar: 5:08am On May 12, 2022
Ekuke abi bingo is a NO cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by chuksjuve(m): 5:09am On May 12, 2022
Status game !

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by okoroemeka(m): 5:12am On May 12, 2022
bezimo:
This my Bae's dog..wey dey sleep for human beings bed, dey climb couch relax inside house.Lol
I prefer small dogs like this though. The difference between oyibo dogs and Nigerian dogs..is more than 7 ups.
what that dog very well,it is such breed that are trained to suck pvssy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by olas24u(f): 5:13am On May 12, 2022
It dates back to the colonial era, and it part of the brain washing of Africans generally.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by jendhorlee(m): 5:16am On May 12, 2022
posty56:
because they're are dirty , unkept ,and may be filled with disease,plus they have this local looks that's not attractive at all, German Shepherd all the way
If people takes care of them like you take care of foreign dogs, you wouldn't say all these about them

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by olawonder(m): 5:16am On May 12, 2022
These local dogs answer only one name in SW… bingo!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:17am On May 12, 2022
ABG2222:
They look malnourished and lack confidence. Just one stone and they're gone.

Even if you feed them , they always like skinny

cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:18am On May 12, 2022
olawonder:
These local dogs answer only one name in SW… bingo!

I was surprised not to see "bingo" in the list of names.

We don't know them as ekuke.

Na bingo we dey call them.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by bezimo(m): 5:18am On May 12, 2022
okoroemeka:
what that dog very well,it is such breed that are trained to suck pvssy

Na oyibo dog oh..comot dirtiness from your mind..Lmao. That 9ja girls are doing that nonsense because of poverty doesnt means oyibo folks do that..besides I am with the dog most times.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by larryking540: 5:20am On May 12, 2022
olas24u:
It dates back to the colonial era, and it part of the brain washing of Africans generally.
I swear those colonial master really succeeded ,,,just look how we have reduced ourselves depending on another continent for validation...it's a pity ,the money most people spend on foreign breed dogs if same is spend on local dog here in Nigeria,I bet you we will love these dogs to hell ,

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by VPN11(m): 5:21am On May 12, 2022
jendhorlee:
Nice write-up op
To be honest, i don't understand the resentment too. I own a very beautiful local dog, considering how i take care and feed her constantly, people do think she's pregnant considering how big and healthy she is

One of our relatives came to visit us, she couldn't close her mouth when she saw my mom giving the dog bread and Tea grin grin grin
If you see The way she opened her mouth ehn cheesy cheesy
When she eventually spoke, she said "you're giving a Dog bread and Tea"?

I said Yes, we feed her anything we eat in this house also
She just shook her head in pity. Lol

I don't understand why people think they don't deserve to be treated right
Foreign dogs have nothing over our beloved Ekuku cool cool

Thanks
With all this crisis everywhere ;We have to lively up ourselves ;with something fun ;that make us human.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by johnnychuks(m): 5:22am On May 12, 2022
The more reasons eku ke, second name populary know as bingo. they looks more skinny while because they have been suffering from Buhari government since 1966, they foresee it that people with such heartless hart will take over the country and is going to tell on them, at the same time if case of rubbery occur in the area they always be the one to tell the armb rubbers where you are hiding why because we eat our food olone and leave them die of hunger.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Oshiogwemoh(m): 5:26am On May 12, 2022
tillaman:
Ekuke
Disease resistant, The hustler mehn you don’t have to worry about feeding it e go sort am alone
E go still born pikin wey you go fit sell
The problem be say e too dey skinny
I swear it depends on how you take feed am

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Awesometo: 5:26am On May 12, 2022
I so much love our local breed to the extent of getting it's attention 'whereever' I see it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by qeemus: 5:28am On May 12, 2022
Lol.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by ifinger: 5:28am On May 12, 2022
Good one

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Funflipper: 5:30am On May 12, 2022
jendhorlee:
Nice write-up op
To be honest, i don't understand the resentment too. I own a very beautiful local dog, considering how i take care and feed her constantly, people do think she's pregnant considering how big and healthy she is

One of our relatives came to visit us, she couldn't close her mouth when she saw my mom giving the dog bread and Tea grin grin grin
If you see The way she opened her mouth ehn cheesy cheesy
When she eventually spoke, she said "you're giving a Dog bread and Tea"?

I said Yes, we feed her anything we eat in this house also
She just shook her head in pity. Lol

I don't understand why people think they don't deserve to be treated right
Foreign dogs have nothing over our beloved Ekuku cool cool

Really? Bring an eight month old boa boel and watch your full grown bingo take flight. The useless animals are natural born cowards who are only good at eating poop.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Benwallt(m): 5:30am On May 12, 2022
Inferiority complex my brother. If the white ppl are taking to our local dogs you will see our brothers change course.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by pancrowcash: 5:33am On May 12, 2022
I think it all about status!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by larryking540: 5:35am On May 12, 2022
I once bought a bingo for 2000naira ,I went in YouTube to research how to command a dog ,from basics command to advance commamds for dog ,went to the market to buy fish waste ,cow meat waste ,fowl feed waste ,the size this dog turned out was so magnificent,I tamed the dog such that you can't play with it ,we never had any kid around my home so It was literally a guard dog I was making...he sleeps in my room at day time and when it's 12pm he goes out and sit close to our enterance door ,what a sweet dog ,you can't press our door bell , because that's where I place his food and at the back gate ,so he hears any sound coming from the back side ,he runs to check who goes there , because I have programmed her brain to think any sound from the back gate means there is food waiting,same goes to the front enterance gate,when the dog was 5months ,I take her for a walk round the end to end of my compound,I did this to tell her this is your territory and don't allow intruder,at every walk I give the dog a cookie dog food or some times I buy pop corn and gift her to make her happy,...last time I check my dad told me she has given birth and still very active,most people where already booking for her puppies.

less I forget,she always wants to stay outside the house to guard when it's sun set , infact she behaves like human ,she sits in the kitchen even if a piece of meat falls she doesn't eat it till you give her go ahead..

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by AntiChristian: 5:37am On May 12, 2022
koolaid87:

And im sure Dogs dont like you as a sheeple

It's okay! I don't hate them though. But you seemed pained. Are you a dog?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by VPN11(m): 5:37am On May 12, 2022
dochenaj:
How does #1500 translate to $10? Did you copy this post from 10 years ago?

Hello my brother; When you look up something interesting and educational;you dont edit foreign exchange rate ;This is not a business topic ;This is a topic about our local cute dogs ;If your so concerned about the Nigerian /Exchange rate currently ;this is not the topic to get that information;with the crisis going on today in the world; we need something cute and friendly like dogs (man best friend) to relax and unwind without all the bitterness.

One love

Please you can always find the original write up here.

Answer

By Kodichukwu Okonkwo, DVM
June 30th, 2015
Fairvet.com

Thank you;remain blessed.

17 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by larryking540: 5:38am On May 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

It's okay! I don't hate them though. But you seemed pained. Are you a dog?
man ,you don't call another human dog

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Thoughty2(m): 5:42am On May 12, 2022
Benwallt:
Inferiority complex my brother. If the white ppl are taking to our local dogs you will see our brothers change course.

You nailed it. Local dogs are as smart as their owners want them to be. These "Ekuke" some people are belittling are smarter and more aggressive than some of these foreign dog breeds.

You can't leave your dogs roaming about the streets aimlessly and expect them to be as clean and intelligent as the foreign breeds.
Trust me, I have bred four local dogs before at different times and I made sure they were very trained and regularly cleaned. They lived in the house with me and I never allowed them to leave the compound to roam the streets. In looks and composure, they beat most foreign breeds hands down.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by hope4nigeria(m): 5:44am On May 12, 2022
VPN11:
Why do people hate these cu

thank you Op for this post, I don't know why Nigerians are like that, I love local dogs so much, they are very friendly and strong, depends on how you take care of them, mine won't eat food if not place on a plate, very loyal dogs I once arrested someone because he stone my dog. No food wastage in my house thanks to local dogs.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by BigBashiru: 5:45am On May 12, 2022
olas24u:

Exactly.... the native Americans just like the Africans were brainwashed..... that they were inferior.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by dshe: 5:47am On May 12, 2022
All dogs eat shit. No be my Lhasa puppies I dey pursue round my compound every day with children Pampers?. The caucasian dey bark for everything even leather bag. My security man releases only the local one because it barks for a reason. I feed it well with dry food, now peaple are telling me its mixed breed.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by RussellRutherfo: 5:47am On May 12, 2022
AntiChristian:
I don't like dogs generally as a Muslim.

Or you don't like dog because Muhammad the child abuser said so?

Most especially the black dog.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Coldie(m): 5:47am On May 12, 2022
coast2sahara:
Because, e dey eat shit and if e bite you, you don get dog rabies be that. If you know treat am well, na so you go start dey bark like dog and person fit die o.
This is ignorance reason y it seems like it eats shit is that, it’s easier to see the local dogs on the streets than those foreign dogs.

If people see German shepherd as street dog or just passing on the street with no owner the entire street go empty but the local dog can easily blend in, even in thick market with crowd local dog would be moving around and it won’t be noticed.

You see more stray dogs that are local dogs than foreign dogs. Every dog eat shit not just local dogs, local dogs eat it cause it’s them u see.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by ACCURETE(m): 5:48am On May 12, 2022
dochenaj:
How does #1500 translate to $10? Did you copy this post from 10 years ago?
e shock me when i see am oo may it 15years ago
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by AntiChristian: 5:49am On May 12, 2022
RussellRutherfo:

Or you don't like dog because Muhammad the child abuser said so?

Most especially the black dog.

You must be a black dog to exhibit such hatred. Are you from the SE too?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Residents Kill Dog That Killed 50 Goats & Sheep In Kenya (Photos) / Jungle Justice On A Pet Python: Man Inspired By Pretty Mike Acquires N23k Python / Lady Offers N50,000 To Anyone Who Finds Her Dog, Reveals Identity Of Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.