Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student (31409 Views)

Speakership: Gbajabiamila Adjourns Plenary Indefinitely Over Fear Of Impeachment / Soldiers Invade, Burn Bilabiri Ekeremor Bayelsa Over Killing Of 4 Naval Officers / Atiku Reacts Over 'killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by AllahIsGarbage: 6:14pm On May 12, 2022
Muhammad was a stupid fool, an illiterate and a criminal. I DARE and CHALLENGE allah to punish me in the next 7 days for insulting his beloved criminal prophet. If I'm still alive after 7 days, then allah himself is a bastard.

wis3:
There's no telling whether she said what or not. We should try as much as we can to respect each other's beliefs. It's really that simple.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by wis3(m): 6:16pm On May 12, 2022
AllahIsGarbage:
Muhammad was a stupid fool, an illiterate and a criminal. I DARE and CHALLENGE allah to punish me in the next 7 days for insulting his beloved criminal prophet. If I'm still alive after 7 days, then allah himself is a bastard.

children on nairaland.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by vickthourh(m): 6:18pm On May 12, 2022
STUPID RELIGION
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by Osanoghodua1: 6:18pm On May 12, 2022
And you believe Christians and Muslims are saving same God? You're not sound as a bible student. If the God of Israel inspired Mohammed, how come Mohammed teachers his followers to kill Christians and Jews?
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by Advocate500: 6:18pm On May 12, 2022
wis3:
Extremists everywhere. Na just opportunity una never get. You'd do worse.
bringing civilisation to folks like you and your Islamic believers is a wast of resources and time ,primitive and animalistic life is all you guy's deserves, where you can practice your useless religion.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by tonexman18(m): 6:18pm On May 12, 2022
Paramount01:

If they talk bad about your belief the next thing is to kill the person?
i dont think any reasonable person would go to the north and talk bad about their prophet, knowing fully well how some of them behave
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by boyfrank: 6:19pm On May 12, 2022
wis3:
There's no telling whether she said what or not. We should try as much as we can to respect each other's beliefs. It's really that simple.

You are a future killer, disrespecting other people's beliefs is not a reason to murder people. You guys are just pathetic.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by hopexter(m): 6:19pm On May 12, 2022
wis3:
Extremists everywhere. Na just opportunity una never get. You'd do worse.

Look at terrorist calling someone extremist. You will die a terrible death for justifying her death angry
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by Tomilola360: 6:20pm On May 12, 2022
and the killer now would be rewarded in heaven? angry
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by wis3(m): 6:21pm On May 12, 2022
hopexter:

Look at terrorist calling someone extremist. You will die a terrible death for justifying her death angry
God help you smiley
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by Awoleesu(m): 6:21pm On May 12, 2022
wis3:
The most recent one that happened in Kano involved a Muslim.

And most likely this one in Sokoto also involved a Muslim...
So, your point is?...
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by Acidbath: 6:21pm On May 12, 2022
Zoo
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by hopexter(m): 6:21pm On May 12, 2022
wis3:
God help you smiley

Who will help?
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by Angelfrost(m): 6:22pm On May 12, 2022
JoeEeL:

Some southerners still enjoy being called a Nigerian. To them being a Nigerian simply means sharing the vibes of international recognition of Burna boy, wizkid and davido. As well as the likes of Nolly wood movies, our comedy etc.

These short-sighted mumus do not just know the heap of danger they are piling for their next generation.

It's getting worse abeg...

Imagine introducing myself as a Nigerian, and someone who saw such news immediately concludes that I'm an intolerant religious extremist!

How have we even stayed this long as one nation?!! I'm just gutted! undecided

1 Like

Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by Awoleesu(m): 6:24pm On May 12, 2022
wis3:
The most recent one that happened in Kano involved a Muslim.

So, your point is?...

I think that it now involves Muslims is a more worrisome dimension that should buttress my point.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by wis3(m): 6:24pm On May 12, 2022
boyfrank:

You are a future killer, disrespecting other people's beliefs is not a reason to murder people. You guys are just pathetic.
The large chunk of you who think it's okay to go about inciting people against people against each other there by fanning embers of disunity have prolly never see what real crisis is like. I'd excuse you
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by JoeEeL(m): 6:25pm On May 12, 2022
Angelfrost:

It's getting worse abeg...

Imagine introducing myself as a Nigerian, and someone who saw such news immediately concludes that I'm an intolerant religious extremist!

How have we even stayed this long as one nation?!! I'm just gutted! undecided

You can't understand. Even nigerians for dubai sef, to get paper these days na war. Too many bad things to associate one with: drug dealer, boko haram spy / member, cultist, fraudster, olosho etc...

We need a new lease of life to breathe for the first time as proper humans.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by wis3(m): 6:26pm On May 12, 2022
Awoleesu:

So, your point is?...

I think that it now involves Muslims is a more worrisome dimension that should buttress my point.
point I'm trying to make is things are pretty heated up as it already is. People are frustrated and they lash out and the smallest opportunity they get. Let's try not to give it to them
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by slimik: 6:27pm On May 12, 2022
I swears!!!

Tumbulum:
Brainless Africans killing themselves because of what an Arabian told them. Africa has a long way to go.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 12, 2022
Decent09:

Come to Ibadan jare and see how they are burning human being like Bush meat
which Ibadan are you talking about ??
Are you madt??
You think the kind of Islam Yoruba practice is the same religion the bloodthirsty beast practice up north??
Since the day you were born,have you heard anyone kill each other all in the name of religion in yorubaland??

I can carry mega phone,go to roundabout to abuse Mohammed,Jesus,I swear I will go back home in peace,nothing go do me.
Populace go just think say I am insane .
Can such be done up north
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by pacespot(m): 6:28pm On May 12, 2022
Sincerely, Nigeria needs restructuring. sad
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by loskally(m): 6:29pm On May 12, 2022
slivertongue:
Let God fight for himself if he is almighty

Authorities have sworn not to execute the laid down provisions of blasphemy in our communities. The likes of Abdul Inyass and that other Kano boy slipped through the loopholes to evade the provisions of the Islamic law.

Look, we are Muslims. Our leaders (Governors and Lawmakers) need to take all sorts of leadership responsibility to chart a law that will befit the Muslim community they lead. The laws should be clear, and meant for execution. Not just some paperwork that will be meant for populism. The courts should be empowered. And the society should be let to know that those laws aren’t jokes.

I know non-Muslims and “woke Muslims” will want to remind me how Nigeria is a “secular state”. But the home truth is, that is also only available on paper. It largely helps with natural resource allocation, whose biggest beneficiaries are the Nigerian elites. These elites are united in enjoying the dividends, without recourse to the Arewa-South dichotomy or the Muslim-Christian differentials.

But left to the ordinary Arewa Muslim on the streets of Arkilla or Fagge, he does not really care. He would gladly exchange Nigeria’s geographical arrangement of 1914, for his religious belief. To him, poverty isn’t the worst thing that can happen to man, humiliation of his faith is. In this community, absolutely everything is second to faith. It is too sensitive to faith, for the right or wrong reasons, depending on who you are as an assessor.

It is not as if mob lynching is primitive Arewa’s monopoly. It happens down South too. For stealing a N1,000 worth of garri in a market, you risk being beaten and set ablaze. It has happened so many times. And if you can try it today in May 2022, you’ll get the same treatment. Because they don’t have tolerance for stealing. Perhaps Arewa chose not to have tolerance for blasphemy.

If leaders are serious about containing all these mob actions, then it is not rocket science. Simply make local laws that befit the distinct communities, and unrelentingly enforce those laws impartially.

In Arewa, they have already done that many years ago with the establishment of the Shariah law. However, the law hasn’t been strengthened to operate with all the might that will ensure peace and harmony within the society. If you take these laws serious, empower the courts, and practically execute the judgements, everyone will adjust. You save people from all this mob lynching that keeps coming up everyday.

But we are not ready for this discussion!

We won’t empower the system to checkmate this. We prefer to let it happen in its way. And when it does, we begin to write all sorts of useless English phrases as if these mobs are online to read them. We are good deceivers of ourselves. When we want to talk to almajiris whose parents don’t have phone, we come online. When mobs lynch, we also come online.

If you have a problem, find a way to solve it. Queen’s English alone won’t help towards solving that problem.

The sooner we demand for a system that will take this job off the mobs hands and put it in the hands of legal authorities, then the better for us.

Lest I forget, Islam doesn’t recommend mob actions. Jungle justice. The religion doesn’t encourage anyone to take laws into their hands. This is why it gives much importance to having respect for leadership. Leaders need to take this advantage to shape our society, and correct the behavior.

Regardless,

May my life and my parents lives be ransomed for you, Ya RasulalLah ♥️

Duk musulmin kwarai, zuciyar sa kan tafarfasa akan janabin Manzon Allah صلى الله عليه وسلّم. To idan hukumomi basu ɗauki hanyar yiwa tufkar hanci ba, dama fa gamagarin mutane ne zasu dau ragamar abin. Daga nan kuma abin ba zaiyi tsari ba.

Allah Ya sawwaka.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by JoeEeL(m): 6:30pm On May 12, 2022
wis3:
Interesting. So easterners can come up down north, establish businesses and settle down in the north yet northerners who don't even are only passing with their herds, don't even live in the east, cannot come to the east. It is well

They don't settle in your bushes and forests.

Like I said, refrain from trying to be smart by half. Your pattern of conquest and how you steal lands and install your crafty emirs and sardaunas etc. is already well known in the south. Many of us down south have already ensured the message has been taken down even to the grassroots and drilled properly. You may still be somewhat successful if you persist with guns and violence though. But for your silly wiles? Nope.

Most everyone is already on guard and ready to resist, except for some few fools here and there u find on this site and offline.

For instance, if you want to test the awakening of the southerners, go to a grassroots daily like Sahara Reporters and comment such like this on one of their facebook feeds. Then check the comments from both Igbos, Yorubas, Akwa Ibom etc.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by wis3(m): 6:32pm On May 12, 2022
JoeEeL:

They don't settle in your bushes and forests.

Like I said, refrain from trying to be smart by half. Your pattern of conquest and how you steal lands and install your crafty emirs and sardaunas etc. is already well known in the south. Many of us down south have already ensured the message has been taken down even to the grassroots.

Most everyone is already on guard and ready to resist, except for some few fools here and there u find on this site and offline.

For instance, if you want to test the awakening of the southerners, go to a grassroots daily like Sahara Reporters and comment such like this on one of their facebook feeds. Then check the comments from both Igbos, Yorubas, Akwa Ibom etc.
that's literally all you do. Make unnecessary noise online. Good you pointed this out.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by slimik: 6:32pm On May 12, 2022
Human invented beliefs .....spits, slavery still exist!!!
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by UtuokeAlcoholic: 6:33pm On May 12, 2022
slivertongue:

Did you verify what she said? And who passed judgment on her?
Who pass judgement on thieves and robbers being burnt in Southern Nigeria?
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by OBoy50: 6:34pm On May 12, 2022
This is why I will I don't and will never keep any Muslims as friends..
They may seems nice and friendly but my brothers and sisters... So long as they are Muslims, you are still dinning with wolves who may be hungry for your blood to feed themselves and their evil demon Mohammed
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by Zorn: 6:36pm On May 12, 2022
wis3:
Where does it say on my post that I support this? Gosh.
Your post indicated it's was right to kill her because she disrespected their belief, so how are you not in support of the act? Mind you gods were supposed to be more powerful than men , so how then is he waiting for men to kill a man that questions his divinity instead of proving him self . What ever that girl said should never be a reason for them to kill her afterall it's just a mere word that's not directed to any of them.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by UtuokeAlcoholic: 6:36pm On May 12, 2022
OZAOEKPE:

You way hear wetin she talk about the prophet way no fit fight for himself why you no tell us. Sometimes you talk like someone who's daft
Who among the prophets ever fought for themselves ? Muhammed is not God and nobody ever worship him. He was/is human and mortal.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by wis3(m): 6:40pm On May 12, 2022
Zorn:
Your post indicated it's was right to kill her because she disrespected their belief, so how are you not in support of the act? Mind you gods were supposed to be more powerful than men , so how then is he waiting for men to kill a man that questions his divinity instead of proving him self . What ever that girl said should never be a reason for them to kill her afterall it's just a mere word that's not directed to any of them.
you are merely insinuating. By every means we must try to avoid situations like this because it's really easy to start, putting a stop to it once it begins is the big how.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by JohnSP99: 6:41pm On May 12, 2022
wis3:
You are indeed a big maggot fool for supporting this barbaric act which could not be proven if the student actually did what she was accused of, she could have easily been set up by a disgruntled colleague who feels that since the people over there are stupid people who don't take their religion lightly and decided to use it as an avenue to deal with her.
Re: Sokoto College Closes School Indefinitely Over Killing Of Student by UtuokeAlcoholic: 6:42pm On May 12, 2022
joyandfaith:
Mortal men fight for false gods.
Muhammad never claimed to be God and no one in history ever claimed that Muhammed is God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Boot Party Collapses Structure For Labour Party, Adopts Obi As Candidate / Bomb Blast At Alkali Road Kaduna / I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.