Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5441488 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) (1403) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ehisdan(m): 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
Chriswazo:
Nawa o,
My brothers, see i was watching just mtn tv on Multi and the weather became cloudy, all of a sudden, my decoder made a cranky noise and the pictures freezed, my decoder strong 4922 just started showing only 0, i quickly turned it off and on, it opened and was now showing.

Here is my confusion now, my friend that is good at cable work told me plainly that i should buy a new lnb after i told him of the picture freezing of max tv and my not able to get joy tv and core having done all the lnb position thing, changing cable wire and also testing without the diseq switch.

Now my cable installer that installed the stuff said i will have to retrack it, this is after 2 times he had retracked and i paid him for each of the retracking. When he retracks, it will get normal but after like 1 day, the duo of joy and core will start fluctuating, after a while, it won't open again, will only display "No or bad signal ".

The setup from my assessment is tight, so I don't think the dish misaligned for any reason.
My question is, please you experts advise me, am just over frustrated, am seeing you people talk about complex installation technicalities and am here suffering just for joy tv, (sighs!). Please should i call back my cable installer as he requested (obviously, he is benefitting from it) or do I buy a new lnb like my friend suggested (the present one is strong and is not even up to 3 years, whereas I learnt some stays more than 10 years ).

If am to replace the lnb, hope it won't alter those tightened angles and the elevation (let me not dabble into a new trouble )? So far from what i read from this wwebsite http://www.stevelarkins.freeuk.com/mobile/lnb-faults.htm, am kind of sure is an lnb fault. They stated clearly that loss of channels and many more other things are symptoms of lnb failure

Ogas am at una mercy, instruct me on what to do. If no be say, i am traveling out soon, with this vex, i 4 don loose the whole stuff and if possible burn am sef, go buy MCL as am even considering.

(I must learn this work, at least let me be notifying and benefitting from the new positions and frequencies posted on this thread )
Oga it's time to learn something, buy a new cable(original one), study how the previous cable was placed without altering anything and replace it with the new one.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by VITALYSTA(m): 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
heed101:
can anybody confirm if MBC is still showing
MBC Is still online.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by evido78: 8:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
Please what position does one need to skew the LNB on a 60cm dish already focused on Multi Tv in order to receive the MBC channels? I need a guide please.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chriswazo(m): 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
ehisdan:
Oga it's time to learn something, buy a new cable(original one), study how the previous cable was placed without altering anything and replace it with the new one.

New cable? As in decoder?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 11:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
Are Dstv channels still free on their decoder? I tried it today to no avail
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 29, 2016
kwameking:
Are Dstv channels still free on their decoder? I tried it today to no avail
It's off now

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by THREASHOLD20: 6:13am On Oct 29, 2016
[quote author=DoctorHindus post=50487949]u can also successfully add Sony @68.5e if ur dish is not motorized. my setup is below. make thaicom ur primary.[/quote
Good morning, with a 2.4m dish in central Nigeria it's possible to nail this bird and does it require dielectric plate? Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by THREASHOLD20: 6:15am On Oct 29, 2016
DoctorHindus:

it will be difficult I strongly doubt if it will work. but u can try it.

Good morning, with a 2.4m dish in central Nigeria it's possible to nail this bird and does it require dielectric plate? Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mbapelvis: 6:17am On Oct 29, 2016
VITALYSTA:
MBC Is still online.
pls what's the lnb position?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 6:37am On Oct 29, 2016
mbapelvis:

pls what's the lnb position?
same with multi tv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 7:08am On Oct 29, 2016
abohwun:
same with multi tv

Please can you tell me your max TV, Galaxy TV signal strength (percentages), so I can adjust my dish..
Thanks and God bless...
And please your signal strength for mbc and dish size..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mbapelvis: 8:00am On Oct 29, 2016
abohwun:
same with multi tv

pls confirm if rt Arab and cartoon nt work still showing. mine disappeared a few days back.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 8:08am On Oct 29, 2016
kingsley6:

Please can you tell me your max TV, Galaxy TV signal strength (percentages), so I can adjust my dish..
Thanks and God bless...
No light so I cannot confirm that for now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pathway2life: 8:10am On Oct 29, 2016
mbapelvis:

pls confirm if rt Arab and cartoon nt work still showing. mine disappeared a few days back.
they have gone
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by orkman(m): 8:18am On Oct 29, 2016
[code][/code]
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by orkman(m): 8:21am On Oct 29, 2016
THREASHOLD20:

In central Nigeria u can nail it with 2.4m dish. No dielectric plate
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mbapelvis: 9:08am On Oct 29, 2016
kingsley6:

Thanks and God bless...

I have have tried to no avail. pls is there a signal loss for joy prime et al? should I turn my lnb left or right? i discovered that the frequency given here is different from that on lyngsat. someone should help me before the sun takes over. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chriswazo(m): 10:06am On Oct 29, 2016
Hello Mr ify4king, i sent you an email, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy023(m): 11:24am On Oct 29, 2016
I wnt to add 7'e to my 9'e nd 5'e setup.Sm1 should pls confirm if kwese sport is still on.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mbapelvis: 11:39am On Oct 29, 2016
Easy023:
I wnt to add 7'e to my 9'e nd 5'e setup.Sm1 should pls confirm if kwese sport is still on.

kwese sport is on live!!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy023(m): 11:42am On Oct 29, 2016
mbapelvis:

kwese sport is on live!!!!
thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Alibaba1981: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2016
pls dish size for kwese sport
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mbapelvis: 12:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
Alibaba1981:
pls dish size for kwese sport
60 and above
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oyestoy: 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2016
mbapelvis:
60 and above
frequency and symbol rate
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pwetie: 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2016
pls, I need kwese biss keys. and I was unable to get kwese sport. will nid frequency also
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pwetie: 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2016
for MBC lovers. there r two position u can nail MBC now....am using strong srt4669x, 1.8m dish.
1. 11599 h/v 27500 around west position.
2. 12284 h/v 27500 same position with joytv, adom, xyz TV, gtv( just small tracking to nail it around dt position)

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nelszx: 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2016
pwetie:
for MBC lovers. there r two position u can nail MBC now....am using strong srt4669x, 1.8m dish.
1. 11599 h/v 27500 around west position.
2. 12284 h/v 27500 same position with joytv, adom, xyz TV, gtv( just small tracking to nail it around dt position)

@Pwetie the west position is where pls and the 12284 on my srt4669xii decoder its showing as red is their any other way it can be tracked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2016
Kwese sport will air Manchester United match live...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DoctorHindus: 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
THREASHOLD20:

with 2.4m dish u ll get it perfectly well. dielectric plate is not needed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by daquedabiodun: 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2016
Eldorado382:
Ur info z right, i got it one hand but am having problem in puting BISS in my 4950h-pls help house hw do i put biss into my 4950h it z urgent pls

What is your signal quality?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2016
Man utd vs Bur live on ortb, Bayern Munich match on max Tv. Happy viewing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Usmandebrave(m): 3:27pm On Oct 29, 2016
sauceEEP:
Kwese sport will air Manchester United match live...
thanks, i just track it within 3m knw man u vs burnley is live on my tv

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) (1403) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.