Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5438431 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) (1403) (1404) (1405) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
Pathway2life:
Please can you drop the link to this forum of freesat here thanks

http://freesat.cn/forum/
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2016
kwameking:
. There are some decoders when its remote get lost/spoilt, you won't find it's replacement in any market in Africa. Be careful about the decoder you buy.
All sunplus decoders with same chipset will use the same remote control.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
Monlo:

Pls do you have idea of the price of Freesat v7 dvb s2 hd in the market now or qsat 26g?Urgent answer,as i am tired of waiting for srt4922a to release its software.
Freesat v7=N13,000
Qsat 28g=N14,000

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy023(m): 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
To all the gurus in the house, why is it dat most of the best free channels are on c-band?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Freesat v7=N13,000
Qsat 28g=N14,000

Thanks sir,i want to bliv it autorolls powervu on Sony packages,sports24hd ie freesat or qsat28g,which do u suggest i buy?
Do u sell?If yes,pls ur whatsapp numba for further discussion.Thanks

Note:am on 1.8m,2.4m dishes on C-band.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bobojoshua(m): 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

You will not get an answer because this decoders are not popular. How many can one get?

I always recommend powervu decoders with sunplus chipset like Qsat, Freesat, Super Esat, etc

Freesat has a lot of forum support, and Qsat and Super Esat can be counted upon.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2016
Monlo:

Thanks sir,i want to bliv it autorolls powervu on Sony packages,sports24hd ie freesat or qsat28g,which do u suggest i buy?
Do u sell?If yes,pls ur whatsapp numba for further discussion.Thanks

Note:am on 1.8m,2.4m dishes on C-band.
According to satellite enthusiasts, freesat is one of the best powervu decoders.

Both autorolls almost all powervu channels.
You can go wrong with them.
The advantage of Qsat is it's inbuilt spycam account which could be useful at times.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bosc(m): 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Freesat v7=N13,000
Qsat 28g=N14,000

Thanks bro for the info.
Actually, I'm a fan of strong but b4 I decide on the one to go for I want to know from your professional and technical experience, will you recommend these two decoders ahead of srt 4950.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
Bosc:

Thanks bro for the info.
Actually, I'm a fan of strong but b4 I decide on the one to go for I want to know from your professional and technical experience, will you recommend these two decoders ahead of srt 4950.
The difference or advantage of 4950 is the free Mytv channels on 16e which can be opened by free Mytv card.

It depends on the user. You can go 4950 if your mind is there. My own choices might not be yours.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
I've said this before and keep on saying;If 4922 starts autorolling today,these guys screaming freesat,wondersat et al would throw these toys away.I still can't fathom why people would rate this "new generation" boxes over strong boxes.Most of these new boxes came to be in the advent of PV and cannot rub shoulders with strong;just because a sweet-talking blogger who was paid to advertise a certain box says 'x' brand is better,you adopt the same view.This can be likened to saying etisalat is better than MTN!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
I've said this before and keep on saying;If 4922 starts autorolling today,these guys screaming freesat,wondersat et al would throw these toys away.I still can't fathom why people would rate this "new generation" boxes over strong boxes.Most of these new boxes came to be in the advent of PV and cannot rub shoulders with strong;just because a sweet-talking blogger who was paid to advertise a certain box says 'x' brand is better,you adopt the same view.This can be likened to saying etisalat is better than MTN!
grin grin grin Etisalat is better than Mtn! I ported to Etisalat from Mtn.
Everybody have their views.
Move with time my people.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
Before you guys start blasting me,I want to reiterate the fact I'm neither a strong marketer or MTN ambassador,I'm just that random fta ethusiast like anybody else!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
True talk Ben, when the cat is away, the mice play.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pathway2life: 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
kwese sport on 7e is red at my end is it general?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mosescollon: 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
pwetie:
for MBC lovers. there r two position u can nail MBC now....am using strong srt4669x, 1.8m dish.
1. 11599 h/v 27500 around west position.
2. 12284 h/v 27500 same position with joytv, adom, xyz TV, gtv( just small tracking to nail it around dt position)
hello, can I get this MBC in East Africa with 90cm dish? thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DoctorHindus: 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2016
ben1daEbiri:

there is no basis for comparison. whoever buys a Chinese toy in name of buying a decoder is on his own. don't bother urself trying to convince anyone. strong decoders remain d best anytime any day.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2016
ugotuf:

True talk Ben, when the cat is away, the mice play.
Lol, Strong like the old Nokia has to be away!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mosescollon: 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2016
DoctorHindus:

there is no basis for comparison. whoever buys a Chinese toy in name of buying a decoder is on his own. don't bother urself trying to convince anyone. strong decoders remain d best anytime any day.
, you like strong I think. but in technology, anyone can be over than other. is now two or three months without new software of 4922 series which can autoroll powervu. immediately, i bought Freesat v7 combo on half price than Strong 4922 and is doing very well and autoroll all powervu channels on any satellite. Even if my freesat dead after this season, I save much money than waiting time on strong new software.

strategy of big company is to sell new products, that is why there are autoroll for 4950 which is new on the market. I can't buy other strong , I would try others decoder.

remember what happened to Nokia, it was best company many years ago, but today it is in trouble because people no more interesting in their products.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by flamesbaba(m): 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2016
mosescollon:
, you like strong I think. but in technology, anyone can be over than other. is now two or three months without new software of 4922 series which can autoroll powervu. immediately, i bought Freesat v7 combo on half price than Strong 4922 and is doing very well and autoroll all powervu channels on any satellite. Even if my freesat dead after this season, I save much money than waiting time on strong new software.

strategy of big company is to sell new products, that is why there are autoroll for 4950 which is new on the market. I can't buy other strong , I would try others decoder.

remember what happened to Nokia, it was best company many years ago, but today it is in trouble because people no more interesting in their products.
bros true talk I have 4922decoded too with the number of strong customer that have this decider if strong can not autoroll this decoder there going to lose more customer for me I can't wait for the software I have bought strongest 9800a decider and is cheaper #9000

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
Not this argument again... angry
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chriswazo(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2016
Hello sir, please did the activation process worked? I am expecting your confirmation. @ify4king.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 31, 2016
Hello wonderful friends, I will always recommend the strong decoder (4950H/E) to anyone looking for a good decoder to buy, first of all this decoder seems to be a little complex when it first came out with the original UI.
Anyway the 4950h has numerous cams, including Avatar cams There is also one full year free ccam working and since strong made 4950H ahead of its time, the software developers have promised an aggressive software upgrades .The only setback here is that people sometimes conceive minds to the contrary even before having a critical analysis of the box. I have worked with Qsat. Alpha box,..... and they are not equal to strong more so for 4922, I will rather say in terms of Android, 4922 is Kit Kat whiles 4950h is Mashmellon.... So long folks!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Truly1: 1:53am On Oct 31, 2016
yawwilson:
Hello wonderful friends, I will always recommend the strong decoder (4950H/E) to anyone looking for a good decoder to buy, first of all this decoder seems to be a little complex when it first came out with the original UI.
Anyway the 4950h has numerous cams, including Avatar cams There is also one full year free ccam working and since strong made 4950H ahead of its time, the software developers have promised an aggressive software upgrades .The only setback here is that people sometimes conceive minds to the contrary even before having a critical analysis of the box. I have worked with Qsat. Alpha box,..... and they are not equal to strong more so for 4922, I will rather say in terms of Android, 4922 is Kit Kat whiles 4950h is Mashmellon.... So long folks!!!
You are spot on brother. SRT 4950h is on its own class, you cannot even compare its colour with 4922a, but the 4922 series is popular with installers because of the simplicity of its operation.

4 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam: 6:56am On Oct 31, 2016
Bosc:

Thanks bro for the info.
4 ur freesat decoder u can WhatsApp me on 08079771631
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ogbeh44(m): 7:19am On Oct 31, 2016
[quote author=EMMAACHILE post=50624653]
What dish or dishes are you using? I use 1.8m, 1.3m, and 90cm dishes. What type of decoder do I buy please?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 7:46am On Oct 31, 2016
lamtam:
4 ur freesat decoder u can WhatsApp me on 08079771631

Check ur whatsapp for messages.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 31, 2016
[quote author=ogbeh44 post=50643640][/quote]
Freesat v7
Super Esat
Qsat 28g
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abdykb(m): 11:37am On Oct 31, 2016
Pls help me with autoroll software of 3d tech 9900
thanks it works perfectly
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by drandonzero(m): 12:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
abdykb:
Pls help me with autoroll software of 3d tech 9900
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wfitcjya0d0rmc/3G%20Tech.bin?dl=0
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abdykb(m): 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spacetrotter: 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
Spacetrotter:
Please, kindly assist me to confirm if the picture below is the UI of original Alphabox X6 Combo. I bought it yesterday and I saw that the UI is completely different from the X4 I was using.
Please somebody should help me confirm.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) (1403) (1404) (1405) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.