Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5459245 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Samsamo: 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
pls my guru in the house, how can I connect one startime combo with 2 tv ? pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
trewbless:

I think I made reference to nigcomsat the other day, a member was telling me he is in doubt if really I am a good installer as I claimed, I used my 90m dish to track it in my area the the signal came up, but was blinking up and down, when somebody asked I said it has not come up, the person said why do we always want to be negative that it was on, that it came up in the evening or so, but I don't want to argued with him, because I was in my place of work ,immediately I got home I tried it with the same 90m dish the signal was sill blinking up and down in at my end, I can't tell what it will look like in ur area anyway, but I want ahead to motorised it with my 1.8m and it was actually on air. So Imdomt think 90m dish will work on it except otherwise, below is the images I snapped on it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 2:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
You can use 90 cm dish to track nigcomsat even in Lagos. If you need me to help you out, you can WhatsApp on 08060150782 or call 09094626655. I am residing in Ikorodu Lagos
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
nwabueze8:
Hello friends am back again.please l have 4 dishes.1 60cm , 2 90cm and 1m. l use the 60cm for 5e/7e, 16e and 28e and 1m for 7w while one of the 90cm was use for 42e , 55e and 68e. so one of the 90cm is laying waste..please which satllite can l track with it.am waiting for amswer.thanks

Please, how many decoders or diseqc type are you using?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by logonlaredo: 2:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
trewbless:

Thank you very much my good brother, Imreallt appreciate your advised and the courage u have shire up in me, I can see people like u and me are willing to learn in respective of what we might have learn and know before now, my brother I have learned so many things yet I am still learning, because am willing to know more than I have known, take for example the comment of logonlaredo that he has known everything in the forum 1-5 and in this present one, that he has all the satellite the dish he has the capability of given him, that I am confusing the people am given my information to. Can u imagine that statement? That was while I told him that in higher institution a lecturer will come to the lecture class or Hall and introduce a course to the class and if u are willing to learn u stay and if u are not willing u leave and others who are willing will stay and learn, the forum is not giving me money neither did I asked any of our member to give me money, I have been here for over one year I remained inactive I mean not speaking out, I was just reading the comment or write up of other member and leaning, I just decided to create awareness for people to know that installation of satellite dish can be made easy if we all know how to calculate our azimuth, elevation, offset angle, declination angle and calculate the distance of the particular satellite we are trying to align our dish to.I have made up my mind not to reply anybody question or tell anybody the way forward, but rather I will be reading and learning from other people question and answer given to them as regard to their question. I could vividly remember when I was in secondary school when a mathematics teacher comes in to the class I work out because of the hatred I had for mathematics during exams I will try to see I pass the maths anyhow, but when I entered university the course I was into demanded knowledge of mathematics, then I now realised the mistake I made in my secondary school where I was supposed to learn it. My brother if u are for get at me on my facebook chat on ehisokosu2004@yahoo.com or peradventure call me on my phone so that we can always have our discussion over there, to avoid people disrepecting me here in nairaland.

hi, pls don't pick offense in what I shared.
NB:
1. I didn't say I know everything from 1- 5 & now. ( I said i've learnt alot).
2. I am not questioning ur ability or discouraging u. (I said u should support ur technical info with pictures & images to assist people)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
life707:
@Trewbless, don't be deterred by negative comments.

Hit the Ignore button as much as u can.

Please feel free to contribute your knowledge to this forum as it pleases you.

Also, take it up as a challenge to put up a good write up for those who don't understand. Ensure u include definition of terms and basics of satellite tracking.

Cheers
thank u my beloved brother life707, we all shall make the nairaland a of priority

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
logonlaredo:

hi, pls don't pick offense in what I shared.
NB:
1. I didn't say I know everything from 1- 5 & now. ( I said i've learnt alot).
2. I am not questioning ur ability or discouraging u. (I said u should support ur technical info with pictures & images to assist people)
Ok no problem my lovely brother ,now I understand what u mean, so please we are together and I believe with togetherness we all shall make nairaland proud.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
philipbash:
You can use 90 cm dish to track nigcomsat even in Lagos. If you need me to help you out, you can WhatsApp on 08060150782 or call 09094626655. I am residing in Ikorodu Lagos
Ok thanks U, I will check up with my 90m dish again today this evening since I have the satellite scanned into my meter already then. Thanks for ur info pls.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
trewbless:
Ok thanks U, I will check up with my 90m dish again today this evening since I have the satellite scanned into my meter already then. Thanks for ur info pls.
You are welcome. That is good cos I am using 90cm for it in Lagos
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by logonlaredo: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
philipbash:
You are welcome. That is good cos I am using 90cm for it in Lagos
very stable on my 60cm dish in Ibadan.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by knight23: 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
IT4ALL:
Best way to track nigcomsat 42 east...it is so simple. make sure ur dish is properly plumbed. Then track dstv 12245h27500 and get the highest signal. Then input nigcomsat frequency 12518/12612h29500... bring dish slowly and u will hit green easily. It is very easy. make sure ur lnb is in right position. put it 3pm.
I bet u u won't spend 5 mins at all.very simple

Tested from 60cm and above
for the 3oclock lnb, shld i be standing behind the dish or in front?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oguguolouis(m): 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
trewbless:

I think I made reference to nigcomsat the other day, a member was telling me he is in doubt if really I am a good installer as I claimed, I used my 90m dish to track it in my area the the signal came up, but was blinking up and down, when somebody asked I said it has not come up, the person said why do we always want to be negative that it was on, that it came up in the evening or so, but I don't want to argued with him, because I was in my place of work ,immediately I got home I tried it with the same 90m dish the signal was sill blinking up and down in at my end, I can't tell what it will look like in ur area anyway, but I want ahead to motorised it with my 1.8m and it was actually on air. So Imdomt think 90m dish will work on it except otherwise, below is the images I snapped on it
you may be right u may not. see i tried it with 60cm and it did not come i even used 1m and it refused to show up.
Then i imputed multi tv freq while i was trying to hit green then suddenly the signal bar and strenght just move to 75% each but still red and it was abnormal as aught to have turnd green
so i stopd tightend the dish changed the sat and blindscannd and lo and behold NIGCOMSAT with 83% and about 62 channels but about 6 was not showing .but the channels were good they are beta than multi tv if they stablis their signal
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oguguolouis(m): 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
CAN I ADD 16E OR 26E OR 28E TO MY 42.5E I USE 1 METER DISH. Which one or two will be easy pls direct me with picture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
Oguguolouis:

you may be right u may not. see i tried it with 60cm and it did not come i even used 1m and it refused to show up.
Then i imputed multi tv freq while i was trying to hit green then suddenly the signal bar and strenght just move to 75% each but still red and it was abnormal as aught to have turnd green
so i stopd tightend the dish changed the sat and blindscannd and lo and behold NIGCOMSAT with 83% and about 62 channels but about 6 was not showing .but the channels were good they are beta than multi tv if they stablis their signal
u mean u could not get the nigcomsat uptil now, if that is the case flash me now on 08068848440 let me call u now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
knight23:

when u stand behind the dish ur positive turning is right while negative turning is left, but I would always advised u make use of ur dish pointer.com to know ur accurate lnb skew, because ur location might be different from the person directing u, I sited one of such example in one of my write up.

This description applies to linear polarisation with names: Horizontal and Vertical.

Prior to attempting to point the dish at the satellite you need to pre-set the polarisation. The polarisation refers the axial rotation of the feed horn/LNB/BUC assembly at the front of the dish. There will be some kind of clamp around the feed throat which may be loosened sufficiently to allow the feed assembly to be rotated. There may be a tiny scale, possibly marked + and - either side of central. Ignore the + and - signs and concentrate just on the scale steps, try to determine how many degrees between each tick mark, perhaps 10 or 15 deg ? Quarter of a turn = 90 deg. In some cases the entire dish needs to be rotated to set the polarisation. There will be a large circular scale behind the dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oguguolouis(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
trewbless:
u mean u could not get the nigcomsat uptil now, if that is the case flash me now on 08068848440 let me call u now.
thanks bro i just got it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
Oguguolouis:

thanks bro i just got it
so,is showing at ur end now right ,because is showing in my house now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oguguolouis(m): 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
trewbless:
so,is showing at ur end now right ,because is showing in my house now
yes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 6:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
Oguguolouis:
we bless God for that ,we are all here to assist and learn from one another because we are all brothers and sisters
yes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
Oguguolouis:

yes
my fellow great men in the house can any body give me Dstv actual satellite location, I want to add it to the list of satellite in my meter, I mean the obits location.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
trewbless:
my fellow great men in the house can any body give me Dstv actual satellite location, I want to add it to the list of satellite in my meter, I mean the obits location.
36°E.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
Dlee1:

36°E.
thank u very much am greatful ,God bless u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omotech: 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
Pls house is nigcomsat active now? they just bring our light and l hve turn my dish from 55e to 36e l didn't get it, l have 1.8mtr motorised. pls kindly drop d active tp l need urgent respond thanx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Profchicky: 8:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
Anyone selling skybox, qsat,digibox or any other fta HD decoder within Enugu and Ebonyi? Whasapp me on 08056300902.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 11:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
@Trewbless, I could not get the number you send, pls can you add me on whatsapp list, here is my number zero eight zero six nine three three eight two two four
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 6:05am On Jul 03, 2017
knight23:
Yes boss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 6:08am On Jul 03, 2017
Oguguolouis:
CAN I ADD 16E OR 26E OR 28E TO MY 42.5E I USE 1 METER DISH.
Which one or two will be easy pls direct me with picture
Yes get multiple lnb holder...but it requires an expert to fix that for u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 6:10am On Jul 03, 2017
multiple lnb holders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 6:11am On Jul 03, 2017
nigcomsat down and champion TV up...
twins lnb holder...

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 6:13am On Jul 03, 2017
manual attachment.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 6:17am On Jul 03, 2017
Sony package at 68.5c band. plus champion TV down Ku...Check

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:34am On Jul 03, 2017
Profchicky:
Anyone selling skybox, qsat,digibox or any other fta HD decoder within Enugu and Ebonyi? Whasapp me on 08056300902.
Call am in Anambra,i would send it from Onitsha to you if ure ready.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.