Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5444312 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olumideogundare(m): 8:18am On Jul 03, 2017
[quote author=lamtam post=57995828][/quote]pls let chat on WhatsApp 08101956080
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 8:58am On Jul 03, 2017
ICC TOURNAMENT 2017 LOADING........

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 9:07am On Jul 03, 2017
Where do we watch ICC 2017 on FTA basis
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akpasrolly: 9:24am On Jul 03, 2017
please brother i join NL day i'm in Delta State ,i have been trackin NigComSat with my Strong 4950H i didn't hit green ,Pls help me how can i track it Here
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jarrot(m): 9:33am On Jul 03, 2017
Samsamo:
pls my guru in the house, how can I connect one startime combo with 2 tv ? pls

good morning, please i need clarification on how reliable the startimes combo decoder is with dish. I noticed it's a great deal with dish than terrestrial antenna at a price of #900. thanks

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freshclean777(m): 9:41am On Jul 03, 2017
nwabueze8:
Hello friends am back again.please l have 4 dishes.1 60cm , 2 90cm and 1m. l use the 60cm for 5e/7e, 16e and 28e and 1m for 7w while one of the 90cm was use for 42e , 55e and 68e. so one of the 90cm is laying waste..please which satllite can l track with it.am waiting for amswer.thanks

Please tell us, how many decoders or diseqc type are you using? And how are you setup your decoder to receive this number of lnb?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akpasrolly: 9:43am On Jul 03, 2017
My Brother @trewbless can i watch NigComSat in Delta state ?,and how can i track it here
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 10:02am On Jul 03, 2017
Oguguolouis:
CAN I ADD 16E OR 26E OR 28E TO MY 42.5E I USE 1 METER DISH.
Which one or two will be easy pls direct me with picture
you can since the satellite are close to each other
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2017
akpasrolly:
My Brother @trewbless can i watch NigComSat in Delta state ?,and how can i track it here
where are u in delta? Am asking so that I can calculate the exact location and send it back to u, my was in delta A' Division warri for years and I was operating cable over there, popularly known as darbcom entertainment .

That is the steps u take for successful installation of ur nigcomsat if u are in warri an environ, if u can do it yourself get an available installer in ur area to do it for u pls, I wish u all the best.

Address: Warri delta
Latitude: 5.5544°
Longitude: 5.7932°

Satellite: 42.5E NIGCOMSAT 1R
Elevation: 47.0°
Azimuth (true): 97.4°
Azimuth (magn.): 99.5°

LNB skew is necessary for signal mazimization

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akpasrolly: 11:34am On Jul 03, 2017
I'm at UGHELLI @ trewbless
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 11:38am On Jul 03, 2017
akpasrolly:
I'm at UGHELLI @ trewbless
here is ur information to get bird hunt down

Address: Ughelli delta state
Latitude: 5.5002°
Longitude: 5.9938°

Elevation: 47.2°
Azimuth (magn.): 99.4°
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 11:40am On Jul 03, 2017
trewbless:

Try and get the necessary tools to make satellite installion a piece of bread for u, compass and inclinometer( angle finder).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by holyaustin(m): 11:57am On Jul 03, 2017
IT4ALL:
Sony package at 68.5c band. plus champion TV down Ku...Check

pls can scalar ring be used to improve signal as seen is d image. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akpasrolly: 11:59am On Jul 03, 2017
THANK'S ENGR.I WILL TRY IT AGAIN BETWEEN 5pm to 6pm @ trewbless TODAY
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by paulowas(m): 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
Goodafternoon house,please how can i get bet365 naija?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
trewbless:

Try and get the necessary tools to make satellite installion a piece of bread for u, compass and inclinometer( angle finder).
Let me understand this mathematics. You are tracking KU band with small dishes and you still complain about not getting the signal you are hunting for, your problem isn't costly tools, it's knowledge, try to learn more.
Frankly speaking, buying tools worth 80k for tracking small dishes is stupid thinking and lazy attitude. With sound knowledge, you actually don't need the tools for installing small dishes.
In Onitsha I personally tracked NigComSat in 5 minutes with 60cm. Once you are knowledgeable enough on satellite installation, no KU band should cost more than 10 minutes on small dishes.
Expensive tools should be for big dishes, 3m and above. Tracking small dishes with ready made tools won't help sharpening your skills, it's like someone who wants to learn how to drive with automatic vehicle, such person will never understand how gear works.
I am not saying that tools aren't good, they make stuff easier but why should someone pay 80k for tools to track multi TV, Champions, NigComSat etc. It's cheer waste in my opinion but if you have the money, fair enough buy them.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nwabueze8(m): 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2017
My brother am sorry to answer you question late.l was't around. l use one decorder(4669xii) mpeg4. .l also connect the lnbs with 8 in one diseqc switch to connect all of them.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by routsz: 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
Chinedu7:

Let me understand this mathematics. You are tracking KU band with small dishes and you still complain about not getting the signal you are hunting for, your problem isn't costly tools, it's knowledge, try to learn more.
Frankly speaking, buying tools worth 80k for tracking small dishes is stupid thinking and lazy attitude. With sound knowledge, you actually don't need the tools for installing small dishes.
In Onitsha I personally tracked NigComSat in 5 minutes with 60cm. Once you are knowledgeable enough on satellite installation, no KU band should cost more than 10 minutes on small dishes.
Expensive tools should be for big dishes, 3m and above. Tracking small dishes with ready made tools won't help sharpening your skills, it's like someone who wants to learn how to drive with automatic vehicle, such person will never understand how gear works.
I am not saying that tools aren't good, they make stuff easier but why should someone pay 80k for tools to track multi TV, Champions, NigComSat etc. It's cheer waste in my opinion but if you have the money, fair enough buy them.
You are right to some degree. There are many ways to learn a thing. I can become a pro frm d experience of using those tools. Don't discourage those who chose to follow that route. Besides, acquiring those tools now is definitely good investment. Different strokes 4 different folks y'know.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
routsz:

You are right to some degree. There are many ways to learn a thing. I can become a pro frm d experience of using those tools. Don't discourage those who chose to follow that route. Besides, acquiring those tools now is definitely good investment. Different strokes 4 different folks y'know.
You get me wrong.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
routsz:

I am not discouraging anybody but seeing how everybody talks about that when 99% of them don't track buds is not encouraging. Using these tools won't make you a pro, it will make your work easier. Does buying quality boots and jerseys make you a pro footballer, it makes you look like one. It's knowledge that will make you a pro. Like I said those tools will never enhance your tracking skills, quote me. You get use to them and when it's taken away from you, you continue to struggle but I said if you have enough money to buy it for your small dishes, it's very OK. It's good to learn other ways.
Theoretically, it's not worth it. That's my opinion though.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
Chinedu7:

well for those who know me well, they can tell of me, I have been into installation business over ten to twelve years, whether tools or no tools I install dish of all kinds I am only just telling u if u want to take installation of satellite dish as a carrier, there is need for u to get the necessary tools to help u track and align ur dish easily, I am not selling tools neither am compelling u to come and buy from me, when I Was in warri delta state I was running a cable business then I was having over 400 people I Supplied cable tv to which they use in their houses, I supplied general hospital warri, Npa, Ijaw quarters, water board and A' Division police barracks, I never hired anybody to come and assist me for any installation, neither will I ever do that, I,did not take installation of satellite dish as a carrier , Am a senior police office still in the service , seeing me here in the Nairaland does not mean i am looking for somebody to give me a job of dish installation ,I am only trying to give out the little idea I have to other who may have not know or have known and still willing to learn the more, my friend since u are a professional installer that does not need any tools before installing a satellite dish , let those who feel they need the tools enhance their prfessionaliism be. Anyway thanks for ur advised and Have a nice day.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
trewbless:
well for those who know me well, they can tell of me, I have been into installation business over ten to twelve years, whether tools or no tools I install dish of all kinds I am only just telling u if u want to take installation of satellite dish as a carrier, there is need for u to get the necessary tools to help u track and align ur dish easily, I am not selling tools neither am compelling u to come and buy from me, when I Was in warri delta state I was running a cable business then I was having over 400 people I Supplied cable tv to which they use in their houses, I supplied general huspital warri, Npa,Ijaw quarters, water board and A' Division polic barracks, I never hired anybody to come and assist me for any installation, neither will Imever do that, I,did not take installation of satellite dish as a carrier , Am a senior police office still in service , seeing me here in the Naira does not mean i am looking for somebody to give me a job of dish installation ,am only trying to give out the little idea I have to other who may have not know or have known and still willing to learn the more, my friend since u are a professional installer that does not need any tools before installing satellite , let those who feel they need the tools enhance their prfessionaliism be. Anyway thanks for ur advised and Have a nice day.
Don't take it personal, if you read my post well, I said it's not necessary for small dish users but for installers who install all kinds of sizes of dishes, they need it most. I also said if one has the money then no problems but if not why waste money on gadgets when you can learn well and improve.
I don't have anything in mind against you. This is the first time I wrote on the forum for a long time but I usually follow. I still have responsibility to guide and advise members of this forum like every other oldie does here like Odilibe, Dlee1 and many others who were here and always observe things and contribute when necessary.
My message is simple, those who deal on small dishes shouldn't task themselves for that.
Those who deal on all kinds of sizes of dishes, it's necessary. I don't think I offended you, if I do I would apologize, so do not feel bad unless you have something hidden but I don't think so.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
trewbless:
well for those who know me well, they can tell of me, I have been into installation business over ten to twelve years, whether tools or no tools I install dish of all kinds I am only just telling u if u want to take installation of satellite dish as a carrier, there is need for u to get the necessary tools to help u track and align ur dish easily, I am not selling tools neither am compelling u to come and buy from me, when I Was in warri delta state I was running a cable business then I was having over 400 people I Supplied cable tv to which they use in their houses, I supplied general huspital warri, Npa,Ijaw quarters, water board and A' Division polic barracks, I never hired anybody to come and assist me for any installation, neither will I ever do that, I,did not take installation of satellite dish as a carrier , Am a senior police office still in service , seeing me here in the Naira does not mean i am looking for somebody to give me a job of dish installation ,am only trying to give out the little idea I have to other who may have not know or have known and still willing to learn the more, my friend since u are a professional installer that does not need any tools before installing satellite , let those who feel they need the tools enhance their prfessionaliism be. Anyway thanks for ur advised and Have a nice day.
I am into downlink equipment installation, Vsat installation, Cctv/IP cameras installations and hotspot configuration etc, these are the major reasons while I acquired those items and there are lot more on the way, I don't sell, and remember dish installation is not limited to ku band based on your explanation. My friend like I have earlier said I am a government worker and into many businesses I have the money to acquire whatever I want and it is an assets to me, remember the world is going digital we all need to move along, we need to be dynamic and not to remained static.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
Chinedu7:

Don't take it personal, if you read my post well, I said it's not necessary for small dish users but for installers who install all kinds of sizes of dishes, they need it most. I also said if one has the money then no problems but if not why waste money on gadgets when you can learn well and improve.
I don't have anything in mind against you. This is the first time I wrote on the forum for a long time but I usually follow. I still have responsibility to guide and advise members of this forum like every other oldie does here like Odilibe, Dlee1 and many others who were here and always observe things and contribute when necessary.
My message is simple, those who deal on small dishes shouldn't task themselves for that.
Those who deal on all kinds of sizes of dishes, it's necessary. I don't think I offended you, if I do I would apologize, so do not feel bad unless you have something hidden but I don't think so.
I am not taking it personal, people have satlink meters which they are using, is just that I decided to buy this expensive one for my job now and future ambition, and am really enjoying it, the compass and the angle finder which is the inclinometer is not expensive all that much, I even told people if they cannot afford it they download the compass in their phone that it will help them a lot, my friend why I decided to replied to ur comment was that u said I need more knowledge which of course is true, I am learning every day even here in nairaland.we are all learning no one is an island, that fact is that some of us always want to castigate people that they know more than everybody which is not a good reputation at all. Well am a christian I don't easily pick offence from people, because we all have different characters based on the fact we all are from different background. Well if I have offended u in my speech forgive me we are still together.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Christgalaxy(m): 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
Pls there are lots to learn on satellites, tracking multi TV, nigcom, etc does not guarantee us that we are pro . from the video that watch which relate to satellite installation, almost they have every kit for installation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Murtad(m): 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
PLS LATEST TP FOR MULTI TV ANY1
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jobbers: 12:48am On Jul 04, 2017
hello satelite landers. i need more info on the nigcomsat.is it stable now.i have climbed up last week spending 2hours trying to add it to my multi using 3in 1 lnb on 60cm.

i couldn't nail that bit*h .so i thought it was off.i use the to 12518 h 29500. pls gurus.i want to try again this morning .I want to know the actual position of this nigcomsat from multi joy . i mean the 42.5e .is it left up from joy or right up. also can 60cm nail this bird easily when combined.

i also want to clarify when the signal is always up so as to know when to climb up.also when you guys says it goes off .sometimes.does this mean that if i successfully track it and it goes off.will i have to climb up and retrack again or is it just signal that goes off and comes back later without having to retrack.so much question .just to confirm.

urgent response pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 1:46am On Jul 04, 2017
jobbers:
hello satelite landers. i need more info on the nigcomsat.is it stable now.i have climbed up last week spending 2hours trying to add it to my multi using 3in 1 lnb on 60cm.

i couldn't nail that bit*h .so i thought it was off.i use the to 12518 h 29500. pls gurus.i want to try again this morning .I want to know the actual position of this nigcomsat from multi joy . i mean the 42.5e .is it left up from joy or right up. also can 60cm nail this bird easily when combined.

i also want to clarify when the signal is always up so as to know when to climb up.also when you guys says it goes off .sometimes.does this mean that if i successfully track it and it goes off.will i have to climb up and retrack again or is it just signal that goes off and comes back later without having to retrack.so much question .just to confirm.

urgent response pls
the signal has increased tremediously now, I believed that was while it was difficult for people to track earlier before now .its working fine now, I was surprised when I got home this night my signal that was just 44% yesterday had increased to 80% plus

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oguguolouis(m): 5:47am On Jul 04, 2017
jobbers:

urgent response pls
still fluctuates
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lov4sat(m): 11:45am On Jul 04, 2017
Good day All,

Please is anybody using Qsat and disecq connection with two or more dishes should help me with connection details I can only view from one dish pnly
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hotobo(m): 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2017
trewbless:

oga i send you an email you no respond abi no problemses
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hotobo(m): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
Lov4sat:
Good day All,

Please is anybody using Qsat and disecq connection with two or more dishes should help me with connection details I can only view from one dish pnly
it's the same setting you're using on other decoder that is used on qsat. Get another diseq

(1) (2) (3) ... (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75