Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5435920 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 11:37am On Jul 05, 2017
oloet:
on point, the reverse is the case when it is an lnb attachment setup...
am sorry oh if I may ask 44.3elevation ans 28.2 elevation which one is higher, am not a scientist neither do I do physics in school, I want to learn own.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jobbers: 11:45am On Jul 05, 2017
graphicicon:
@jobbers, get yourself a satfinder for tracking, that sat is somehow stubborn, it take some decoders 1.5s to detect signal on that TP, if you must agree with me, it take time for decoder to scan that TP, my satfinder detect any level signal be it 3% or lower, that why some people are finding it difficult to track nigcomsat, I have never spent more than 5mins tracking the sat, just track DSTV first, tight your dish, put nigcomsat TP 12.518 H 29.500, start bringing your dish down, when you hit maximum green, then move ur dish a little to the left while at the back of the dish to maximise the signal, that's all you need.

thanks chairman.i am not use to sat finder.i use dish direct and sometimes multi lnb holder.i track dstv second i track Jamal multi nilesat amos champion and others using same 60cm dish.
why is this nigcomsat stubborn.i track dstv yesterday and moved left and down no luck.sometimes 57percent signal but still no green.are u sure this Satelite is on. whats the lnb skew .i try 9pm and 3pm .is their any fast tp apart from 12518 h 29500
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oguguolouis(m): 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
pryncipal:
11559 v 30000
dem don change tp?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freshclean777(m): 2:39pm On Jul 05, 2017
cry cry cry
Hey ! Everyone
How can I configure my decoder (SRT 4950H) and disecq (one disecq 1.1 8x1 and three disecq 2.0 4x1) to receive four dishes(90cm) with three lnbs on each dish.
Please help guru! Any others suggestions are welcome.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy200: 3:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
jobbers:

thanks chairman.i am not use to sat finder.i use dish direct and sometimes multi lnb holder.i track dstv second i track Jamal multi nilesat amos champion and others using same 60cm dish.
why is this nigcomsat stubborn.i track dstv yesterday and moved left and down no luck.sometimes 57percent signal but still no green.are u sure this Satelite is on. whats the lnb skew .i try 9pm and 3pm .is their any fast tp apart from 12518 h 29500
Track DStv first then input Nigcomsat frequency move your dish down slowly [not left not right] if your lnb skew is correct you will hit green but if otherwise it will increase to a certain percent this will depend on the decoder you are using, at a point where you notice the increase stop and play with your lnb your signal will turn green its very simple. For lnb skew try 5o'clock
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2017
jobbers:

my brother the truth is the bet is not stable an d always comes and go currently is off now, the best time u can nab this is around 8 to 10am.
Note : the active tp now is 12518(h)29500. Gudluck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jobbers: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
can someone confirm.the nigcomsat to 12518 h 29500 is red again.i tracked around 5pm.while scanning.it goes off
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jobbers: 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
arbourboateng:
my brother the truth is the bet is not stable an d always comes and go currently is off now, the best time u can nab this is around 8 to 10am.
Note : the active tp now is 12518(h)29500. Gudluck

thanks bro.i thought as much.i finally got it around 5pm.while scanning.they took light and it was already getting some channels.beforre i turn my inverter on.it didn't pick again.i thought its was from dish not knowing its red again.

can you tell when does it normally go off and on.

advice to those who are giving Geo and azimuth.i discovers Satelite doesn't work with those azimuth.Satelite signal depends on location.in my location i have to turn left of joy astra whereas Astra was right of Dstv.i was turning right of Dstv before since they say its 98e.but in my location.it was nigcomsat joy and dstv .not nigcomsat Dstv joy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
is there anyone watching eutelsat 9e on 90cm or 1m in Kaduna and environs let me know before I will waste my time under the sun for nothing or if you are watching it what's the size of your dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2017
[quote author=jobbers post=58158393]

thanks bro.i thought as much.i finally got it around 5pm.while scanning.they took light and it was already getting some channels.beforre i turn my inverter on.it didn't pick again.i thought its was from dish not knowing its red again.

can you tell when does it normally go off and on.

advice to those who are giving Geo and azimuth.i discovers Satelite doesn't work with those azimuth.Satelite signal depends on location.in my location i have to turn left of joy astra whereas Astra was right of Dstv.i was turning right of Dstv before since they say its 98e.but in my location.it was nigcomsat joy and dstv .not nigcomsat Dstv joy[/quo

Azimuth, elevation, and lnb skew are the bases of setting up satellite , except u didn't know how to use it and you are not ready to learn how to use the information.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hotobo(m): 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2017
Lov4sat:

Any idea of brand name cos the one I got is 2.0 though I know that there are 1.0,1.1 which I have not been able to find
you should be able to find 1.1 model with 8input. Or better still if you can be a bit technical to join 2 4way diseq together using 22k switch. Very simple to do. Only if it will be possible to get the 22k switch in your area
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugoobest1(m): 12:00am On Jul 06, 2017
u guyz said nigomsat 42e wen tracking z to d left of Dstv or multi Tv...Abeg is it wen standing in front or at d back of d dish dat nigomsat wl b to d left? " Front or back of dish" ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 12:42am On Jul 06, 2017
trewbless:
that is the real step, by that the nigcomsat lnb is below Dstv lnb and a little to the left, and from all indications the higher the satellite degree the lower the lnb position in the dish ,true or false more light to be throw on this, for more emphases thank.
thanks, my brother when it comes to lnb attachment on already installed dish, the reverse is the case, up becomes down, down becomes up, left becomes right and right becomes left, just use that illustration I posted earlier, you will bring down those three satellites and let the house know the outcome
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by knight23: 7:28am On Jul 06, 2017
ugoobest1:
u guyz said nigomsat 42e wen tracking z to d left of Dstv or multi Tv...Abeg is it wen standing in front or at d back of d dish dat nigomsat wl b to d left? " Front or back of dish" ?

back of dish. guys, i was able to nail the tp given here for this bird, and i blindscanned and got several stations, but no AIT. is AIT still on nigcomsat, or has the station left?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 8:11am On Jul 06, 2017
knight23:

back of dish. guys, i was able to nail the tp given here for this bird, and i blindscanned and got several stations, but no AIT. is AIT still on nigcomsat, or has the station left?
normally u stay at the back of dish to align it to asatellite, that is the proper position. U are not suppose to be told how to position yourself to ailing your dish if u have been studying and watching satellite dish installion from the inventors of satellite, even merely looking at the at the degree in which they are arranged you then should know which one is by the left, Center and left. Nigcomsat is 44.1E, Dstv is 36.0E and Astra which is Ghana is 28.2E ie 44.1, 36.0E, 28.2E from this arrangement if u know the position of 68.5E, after 68.5E from the above satellite 44.1E, 36.0E and 28.2E we are talking about which one is closer to it? Then if u know use your number six, u should under stand what I am talking about.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 8:12am On Jul 06, 2017
knight23:

No AIT channel is there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 8:35am On Jul 06, 2017
graphicicon:
thanks, my brother when it comes to lnb attachment on already installed dish, the reverse is the case, up becomes down, down becomes up, left becomes right and right becomes left, just use that illustration I posted earlier, you will bring down those three satellites and let the house know the outcome
thanks for throwing more light on it, I know the problem most people have is lack of patient , and are not ready to work by the rules of satellite installations, they all want fast and quick way, somebody was saying yesterday azimuth ,elevation and lnb skew or whatsoever is not working that satellite reception depend on the area u stay or lived, and I am quite sure that fellow has not visited online to watch videos regarding satellite installation neither does he even know what azimuth and elevation is all about, if he knows he wouldn't say something of such, and yet he install Dstv and turns it to a particular position, and not knowing the position he turns that dish to is what we reffered as the azimuth, and turning the dish up and down is what we refered as the elevation, yet he said there is nothing like azimuth and elevation, well I believed that brother needs to be advised to look into his dictionary and find out the meaning of azimuth and elevation.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 8:47am On Jul 06, 2017
graphicicon:
I just need standalone digital compass, just like the one on android phone, that one I can attach it to the dish while I turn it, when I get to the desired direction it will display the degree, that's is the kind of compass I need, if you have it just contact me
but compass are not allowed to get too close to the dish because the dish is metal, if it gets too close to it it will damage the compass.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 8:51am On Jul 06, 2017
Hello house.by the power bestowed on me hence forth I hereby put an end to any discussion as regard tracking of common and unstable nigomsat.by any forum member..Any member that violate the rule will be banned.Enough of all these derailment, we have to forge ahead.football season is fast approaching and we have not discovered any reliable bird that will give us complete football matches and we are busy filling up these pages with unstable and erractic nigomsat posts.if u cant track the bird yourself call installer and give him 1500.lobatan.we have to launch more research on discovery good footballing birds soccer season is near.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:21am On Jul 06, 2017
@George_D and Odilibe, I can see you. cool

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jobbers: 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
trewbless:
thanks for throwing more light on it, I know the problem most people have is lack of patient , and are not ready to work by the rules of satellite installations, they all want fast and quick way, somebody was saying yesterday azimuth ,elevation and lnb skew or whatsoever is not working that satellite reception depend on the area u stay or lived, and I am quite sure that fellow has not visited online to watch videos regarding satellite installation neither does he even know what azimuth and elevation is all about, if he knows he wouldn't say something of such, and yet he install Dstv and turns it to a particular position, and not knowing the position he turns that dish to is what we reffered as the azimuth, and turning the dish up and down is what we refered as the elevation, yet he said there is nothing like azimuth and elevation, well I believed that brother needs to be advised to look into his dictionary and find out the meaning of azimuth and elevation.

dude stop promoting azimuth...based on my experience.it doesn't work or maybe doesn't work for all satelites or either statistics are inaccurate.i spend days facing the right of Dstv since someone who gave the azimuth told me nigcomasat comes first 98e ..i was shocked when i turned my dish to the left of joy Astra and it nigcomsat hit green.it may work for you but not for me.signal and tracking depends solely on location.i dont doubt the white who make compass...consider their is climate changes and geological positions differs.maybe that thing call azimuth works best abroad.i tracked yamal champion multi astra mbc amos 16e Niles at all without azimuth .

guys.nigcomsat is red since yesterday.can anyone confirm if its back

dea
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2017
jobbers:

dude stop promoting azimuth...based on my experience.it doesn't work or maybe doesn't work for all satelites or either statistics are inaccurate.i spend days facing the right of Dstv since someone who gave the azimuth told me nigcomasat comes first 98e ..i was shocked when i turned my dish to the left of joy Astra and it nigcomsat hit green.it may work for you but not for me.signal and tracking depends solely on location.i dont doubt the white who make compass...consider their is climate changes and geological positions differs.maybe that thing call azimuth works best abroad.i tracked yamal champion multi astra mbc amos 16e Niles at all without azimuth .

dea
Bros.u risk of being banned if u post any nicomsat issues here again.and mean it.enough of all these child's play

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
ugoobest1:
Track DSTV, standing at the back of your dish, insert NIGCOMSAT tp, shift the dish to your left about 1-2cm and the drop bit by bit, you must surely hit green. No need for mathematics.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by knight23: 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
I Don laugh tire. power vested on u by whom?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
knight23:

knight23:

������������
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
jobbers:

dea
Hello jobbers,
you applied azimuth but you were not aware of it. The guy you quoted was right but it is just that most of us don't understand those terms that he uses. Those terms he uses are mostly used by the VSAT installers. In fact he have gone digital and most of us are still doing it in a crude way. Most importantly, any good installer really knows where to position the dish when he is tracking without using those expensive gadget if the person is really experienced though those gadgets makes satellite tracking easier if you know how to use them. Like I said earlier that you applied azimuth without knowing it.

AZIMUTH
In a lay man's knowledge, azimuth simply means moving your dish from left to right or from right to left when standing in front or at the back of the dish.

ELEVATION
Elevation simply means swinging your dish up and down.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 2:00am On Jul 07, 2017
GURUS in house plz update on sport24 20w ku
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 2:04am On Jul 07, 2017
Emma and CO. please, update us on that info of sp24w ku can the bird be shot dead?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 9:24am On Jul 07, 2017
philipbash:
grin������������
the thing tire me oh , I don't know who is vesting power on nairaland members , please I want nairaland to please give me also the power, and I promise I will not intimidate or oppress anybody with the power when it is finally given to me, please am begging nairaland do me this favour I appreciate, thank u all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 9:30am On Jul 07, 2017
Dlee1:
@George_D and Odilibe, I can see you. cool
my brother how did you circle these two name with red marker, please show me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by maaji: 9:38am On Jul 07, 2017
need 4950H for sale abuja enviroment 08056463600
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by knight23: 11:10am On Jul 07, 2017
trewbless:
my brother how did you circle these two name with red marker, please show me.

hahahaha. but this NIGCOMSAT is one of the most stupid and useless satellites i have seen o

(1) (2) (3) ... (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69