Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,414 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5428241 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
Worwor:
thanks for your reply. Which model of qsat or strong decoder is best? Also, how do I know the original?
buy Qsat moden 28G
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
trewbless:
buy Qsat moden 28G
do y lived here in lagos ?if u do so that I can give u a dealer number at Alaba when u are ready for it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trewbless(m): 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
trewbless:
buy Qsat moden 28G
do you lived here in lagos ?if u do so that I can give u a dealer phone number at Alaba when u are ready for it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Femwal: 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
pls my people I need beinsport decoder wit smart card that working perfectly....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
with these type of channel list in this package, compile with 20gigabite of data in every subscription worth of N3,000 infact you can't bit the rich, ABG is gone, STARTIMES is gone and DSTV is on the run, visit this site for details, July 27th you will see wonder. http://tstvafrica.com/channels.php
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by samhwande67: 9:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello Great Nairalanders, b/w pan and fibre dishes, which one is the best in terms of lifespan and signal reception?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sammiluv: 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
Please where can i get heavy duty jack 36 drive and how much.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by samhwande67: 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
Femwal:
pls my people I need beinsport decoder wit smart card that working perfectly....
@femwal, pls where is ur location? and do u have beinsports signal in ur area? if yes what is the dish size?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
graphicicon:
with these type of channel list in this package, compile with 20gigabite of data in every subscription worth of N3,000 infact you can't bit the rich, ABG is gone, STARTIMES is gone and DSTV is on the run, visit this site for details, July 27th you will see wonder. http://tstvafrica.com/channels.php
this looks interesting, is it internet based, terrestial or what? And will it be available nationwide.?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mickey02(m): 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
Pls someone should help me with the tp for lord j tv, b.o tv, etc.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
I just googled this TSTVAFRICA and honestly am impressed, I will really love to subscribe it, below is what I copied about them from their website :

All Channels
TStv Box
Where to Buy
Using TStv
HELP & SUPPORT
Fix a Problem
Where to buy
FAQ
TELCOMSAT
About
Partners
MEDIA
TStv in the News
Galleries
CONTACT
HomeAbout us
About TSTV

For most Nigerians, multi-channel TV is a big dream. Apart from Nigerians living in Lagos, Abuja, and may be Port Harcourt, most Nigerians have access to less than five free terrestrial TV channels. This means that most Nigerians rely on terrestrial, satellite, or cable Direct-to-Home DTH TV for multi-channel TV.

TSTV which will commercially launch all over Nigeria July 25th, 2017 offers Nigerians complementary 4.5G internet capacity, smart home, ability to pause subscriptions for a record seven days every month, Video calls and in-built 20GB hard drive inside our STBs for content storage, Video on Demand services as well as the regular uninterrupted clean world class contents available 24 hours every day. Our channels cut across various genres: News, Music, General entertainment, Documentary, Movies, Kids, Religious, Events, Sports, Health, Fashion, and Lifestyle channels.
We don‘t consider our offering as a direct competitor to the incumbent operators, as we are targeting a specific sector of the market – those people who are not currently subscribed to any pay-tv service or those who require added services not offered by current pay TVs. 

Our vision is to provide premium video experience to Nigerians at affordable prices.  Our services will enable the viewers to experience HD and SD video and internet surfing at the same time. We are the first indigenous local operator in the region to launch such a premium platform with a variety of services to Nigerians, who have been so far paying exorbitant prices to foreign operators.”    

Our Values
A commitment to sustainability and to acting in an environmentally friendly way. A commitment to innovation and excellence. That is why our slogan is "Think Different" and a commitment to doing good for the whole.

Mission
Our mission is to create trends that will become models for other communication firms across the world.

Objectives
To launch a Direct to Home satellite service that offers equal connectivity to all

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
HAH:
this looks interesting, is it internet based, terrestial or what? And will it be available nationwide.?
@HAH, it's a satellite TV package, it will located at 3w abs3A, every subscription carries 20gig which we can use to stream live matches
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
graphicicon:
@HAH, it's a satellite TV package, it will located at 3w abs3A, every subscription carries 20gig which we can use to stream live matches
did you say all those for just 3k a month? If so please I will be your first customer incase you a dealer and honestly I won't mind being a distributor in kaduna my base
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by routsz: 10:56am On Jul 11, 2017
graphicicon:

But the stated 20GB is hard drive storage space na. Or is d 20 GB data different?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by timothy002: 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
midland decoder for sale. you can whatsapp or call me on 08079820394
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
I learnt that the dish and decoder for the yet to launched TSTV will be 5000 and highest monthly subscription will be 3k with option of 2k, 1k and 500.

Honestly with channels they said they will show eg bein sport 1-10 movies, natgeo, discovery etc I think I will happily subscribe couple with the fact that you can suspend subscription for upto 7 days in a month.

They said the launch date is 25 of July 2017
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
HAH:
I learnt that the dish and decoder for the yet to launched TSTV will be 5000 and highest monthly subscription will be 3k with option of 2k, 1k and 500.

Honestly with channels they said they will show eg bein sport 1-10 movies, natgeo, discovery etc I think I will happily subscribe couple with the fact that you can suspend subscription for upto 7 days in a month.

They said the launch date is 25 of July 2017
interesting days ahead.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
graphicicon:
I can assure you Bros, with those stations mentioned especially the Sports stations, it's highly unlikely they will offer that if it's satellite based, unless it's Internet based. Those stations have limit where they will transmit on Satellite. And remember someone already bought our Nigerian market.

There is need for more clarification.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
Chinedu7:

I can assure you Bros, with those stations mentioned especially the Sports stations, it's highly unlikely they will offer that if it's satellite based, unless it's Internet based. Those stations have limit where they will transmit on Satellite. And remember someone already bought our Nigerian market.

There is need for more clarification.
I thought so too bro, but when I checked their facebook page isaw that they are saying 5k for decorder and dish, now does internet base TV needs decorder and dish? but to also support your point why are they giving 20gigs of data? With time all will unravel, if the package I saw is true then a lot of Nigerians will port to them when they launch on 25th
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
trewbless:
do you lived here in lagos ?if u do so that I can give u a dealer phone number at Alaba when u are ready for it.
yes Bro. Please, do. I was about to ask where I can get original one.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by samhwande67: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
abohwun:
for cband buy powersat, strong, or supermax without ring but for Ku buy premium gold, digisat, strong short neck or star gold.
pls oga in the building, b/w fibre and pan dish, which one is the best in terms of lifespan and signal reception?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
The receiver is android based and I think it has capability of processing data just like VSAT, which makes the internet speed good for streaming.

The details are sketchy but if truly, the channels would be transmitted via satellite, their lawyers must have done some consultations to tackle rights issues.

At 3k for 20gigs + 200channels, that's ridiculously cheap especially that the internet (4.5G) is satellite based.
Consider how much it is, to subscribe VSAT.

The receiver that will transmit in HD and runs android OS won't be sold at #5000 anywhere in Naija. Even Strong receivers don't go for such low price.

Cheap subscription as low as #500 means that star times, GOTV & DSTV may likely be pushed out of market sooner or later depending their performance.

I PRAY it turns out true as planned and not another futile attempt to make dstv stronger (e.g after HiTV futility).

I am just interested in the 20Gig free for #3000

The skepticism expressed above is in good faith and i wish them success!!!

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
samhwande67:
pls oga in the building, b/w fibre and pan dish, which one is the best in terms of lifespan and signal reception?
go for pan if you live were rusting will not affect your dish but if reverse is the case go for fibre.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
HAH:
now does internet base TV needs decorder and dish?
yes it is applicable broadband combined with cable or satellite broadcast.. that is in the case of hybrid broadband broadcast...Hbb TV is a 2way project...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Krishme: 8:52pm On Jul 11, 2017
i wish to be d first to have it edo state ekpoma if its nationwide
pls helpus in geting one nw dat it is cheap
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 9:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
odilibe:
yes it is applicable broadband combined with cable or satellite broadcast.. that is in the case of hybrid broadband broadcast...Hbb TV is a 2way project...
that is good, thank you for the education
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by donqx: 4:38am On Jul 12, 2017
this is a free to air zone.tstv or whatever it is,stop promoting and posting paid subscription satelite information here.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Femwal: 5:13am On Jul 12, 2017
2.4 am at akure
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 5:55am On Jul 12, 2017
ICC tournament loading.......on Sony @68e and it has increased it signal tremendously.before I used to have 62/63% now it has jumped to 71/72% on my 1.8m dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brian109: 8:38am On Jul 12, 2017
sunene1:
ICC tournament loading.......on Sony @68e and it has increased it signal tremendously.before I used to have 62/63% now it has jumped to 71/72% on my 1.8m dish.

Morning, me i cant watch sony six ,its scrambled since last month. and the signals dont go beyond 60%
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by meekmill(m): 9:46am On Jul 12, 2017
Hello guys pls i have qsat 13g pls what can i enjoy with it.
Thanks . And if there is any whatsapp group?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RealEstatePlus(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.