Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5448857 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 6:33am On Oct 30, 2017
srt4663XII showing lnbf without displaying on the Tv what could be the problem and any possible solution?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abnaldo: 8:36am On Oct 30, 2017
Pls anybody that wanna sell 2.4m dish in osogbo pls drop ur number
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:43am On Oct 30, 2017
omaolowo:

TSTv has landed and it is will be FTA until their decoders get fully circulated. Some say such a period may last up to a month
For now, there are up to 36 channels. They are so cool. Some of the pictures from the various channels are attached

So folks, why not enjoy FTA - free to air - while it lasts

Tracking TP and tips?

Meanwhile, is it like completely 180° from dstv position? I ask because I have a wall.mounted dish and if it's the other direction, it means it has to be relocated completely
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Doluseun(m): 9:04am On Oct 30, 2017
abnaldo:
Pls anybody that wanna sell 2.4m dish in osogbo pls drop ur number
I have 3m dish in ogbomoso, if you are interested
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abnaldo: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2017
Doluseun:

I have 3m dish in ogbomoso, if you are interested
whatsapp me on 08067587404 or drop ur number pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 11:04am On Oct 30, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Tracking TP and tips?

Meanwhile, is it like completely 180° from dstv position? I ask because I have a wall.mounted dish and if it's the other direction, it means it has to be relocated completely

yes

use 11088h 30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by holyaustin(m): 11:26am On Oct 30, 2017
abohwun:
srt4663XII showing lnbf without displaying on the Tv what could be the problem and any possible solution?
check ur wire where it is connected with ur F connector. Ur problem will b solved if u properly fit ur wire to ur F connector.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2017
holyaustin:

check ur wire where it is connected with ur F connector. Ur problem will b solved if u properly fit ur wire to ur F connector.
even without the wire the problem is there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
abohwun:
..Bro go change the IC is affected just that it will be good cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jman77(m): 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
abohwun:
troubleshoot with another lnbf
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2017
Chinedu7:
If TSTV survives inevitable storm of legal actions they will put a lot of companies out of the market. The quality of what they are putting up is staggeringly good, their 576i picture is far better than Startimes 576i and they are also going to have 30% of their stations on HD and with that low monthly subscription and free 10g data. There is trouble. If I'm owner of one of the cable TV providers, I will start looking for imminent buyers.
There is fire � on the mountain.
Bros good day " Calm down ,there's no legal action anywhere except you choose to buy into propaganda flying around which TSTV has already killed long ago .... @Chinedu welcome to the land of freedom from slavery of Monopoly.
TSTV is here to stay. (Igbobunmuo) while we enjoy our FTA .A very cheap alternative has landed for good. Its well with us. Viva FTA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by aliyuthayo(m): 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
Pls who has downloaded the new working SP24hd software (30/10/2017) for Alphabox x6 combo or any decoder. I did, but it isn't opening?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2017
aliyuthayo:
Pls who has downloaded the new working SP24hd software (30/10/2017) for Alphabox x6 combo or any decoder. I did, but it isn't opening?
..Bro does the SW open ur sony @68e.Moreso have u been enjoying sp24.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
Chinedu7:
If TSTV survives inevitable storm of legal actions they will put a lot of companies out of the market. The quality of what they are putting up is staggeringly good, their 576i picture is far better than Startimes 576i and they are also going to have 30% of their stations on HD and with that low monthly subscription and free 10g data. There is trouble. If I'm owner of one of the cable TV providers, I will start looking for imminent buyers.
There is fire � on the mountain.
The emphasized text is a wrong choice of words. They can only face legal action when it is established that there's infringement.
Antagonism, yes. Attacks, yes. Threats, Yes. But if their game is tight, eyll survive like Startimes is
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by manhattan3G: 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
?
kd10:
Bros good day " Calm down ,there's no legal action anywhere except you choose to buy into propaganda flying around which TSTV has already killed long ago .... @Chinedu welcome to the land of freedom from slavery of Monopoly.
TSTV is here to stay. (Igbobunmuo) while we enjoy our FTA .A very cheap alternative has landed for good. Its well with us. Viva FTA
@kd10 are frequencies for tstv dvb-s or dvb-s2
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
davodyguy:

The emphasized text is a wrong choice of words. They can only face legal action when it is established that there's infringement.
Antagonism, yes. Attacks, yes. Threats, Yes. But if their game is tight, eyll survive like Startimes is
That's where you are wrong. Competitors will always try, they will be having sleepless nights trying to find a loophole in the rules to take them to court, if that will be sufficient is unknown but I am 120% sure they will try, that's how the business world works. The good thing about TSTV is that they have Government backing because they involved the Government from the beginning and I strongly believe that powerful people in the Federal Government have hands in the company. That's why I said if they manage to survive which looks more likely at the moment but they will 'definitely' be wrestled and if they win they will champion Nigeria.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 8:27pm On Oct 30, 2017
Chinedu7:

That's where you are wrong. Competitors will always try, they will be having sleepless nights trying to find a loophole in the rules to take them to court, if that will be sufficient is unknown but I am 120% sure they will try, that's how the business world works. The good thing about TSTV is that they have Government backing because they involved the Government from the beginning and I strongly believe that powerful people in the Federal Government have hands in the company. That's why I said if they manage to survive which looks more likely at the moment but they will 'definitely' be wrestled and if they win they will champion Nigeria.
No. You're still wrong with the choice of words legal action. It either you're legit or illegit.

If you're legitimately right, no form of illegality challenge can come up. Other forms of 'illegitimate' attacks can spring up, but legal action where no illegality has been established is absolutely ludicrous.

Its like saying you abide by the 22 rules of posting on Nairaland and out of no where, I want to attack you. For the fact that you broke no rules can't give me a legitimate right to attack you. I can only bully you, in such case, bully as an act is illegal

There competition between Airtel, MTN, 9mobile, Ntel and Glo. Has any of them raised any legal issue against the other, where there's lack of infringement? They can smear each other through promotions, but not through courts or police action

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 9:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
davodyguy:

No. You're still wrong with the choice of words legal action. It either you're legit or illegit.

If you're legitimately right, no form of illegality challenge can come up. Other forms of 'illegitimate' attacks can spring up, but legal action where no illegality has been established is absolutely ludicrous.

Its like saying you abide by the 22 rules of posting on Nairaland and out of no where, I want to attack you. For the fact that you broke no rules can't give me a legitimate right to attack you. I can only bully you, in such case, bully as an act is illegal

There competition between Airtel, MTN, 9mobile, Ntel and Glo. Has any of them raised any legal issue against the other, where there's lack of infringement? They can smear each other through promotions, but not through courts or police action
It's the Chief that will decide if it's baseless or not. Will it happen? Absolutely. Surprisingly you gave examples of the telecommunication companies in Nigeria where they had series of fights in the court before now. See few links
http://www.itweb.co.za/mobilesite/news/149667
https://www.google.com.ua/amp/s/amp.pulse.ng/news/business/telecoms-battle-etisalat-drags-mtn-to-court-over-voice-tariffs-id4006123.html

Bros, it's not that simple out there. Let's not argue too much, I no get strength tonight.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Avubaba(m): 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
krasican:

thanks boss...is it on 90cm
Can one get it on 60cm?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
davodyguy:

It's the Chief Judge that will decide if it's baseless or not. Will it happen? YES. Surprisingly you gave examples of the telecommunication companies in Nigeria where they had series of fights in the court before now. See few links
https://www.google.com.ua/amp/s/amp.pulse.ng/news/business/telecoms-battle-etisalat-drags-mtn-to-court-over-voice-tariffs-id4006123.html

Bros, it's not that simple out there. Let's not argue too much, I no get strength tonight.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
Chinedu7:

It's the Chief Judge that will decide if it's baseless or not. Will it happen? YES. Surprisingly you gave examples of the telecommunication companies in Nigeria where they had series of fights in the court before now. See few links

Of course, we should not argue and miss the point. I'm not ruling out TSTV being challenged, but I'm emphatic on the premise that, where there's established case of infringement, then, competitors can approach the court for legal redress.

From the link you provided, MTN did flout the rules, hence the legal action.

It explained that the ‘Family and Friends’ promo, which it claimed was launched in violation of NCC’s regulation

But common, If I don't slap you or attack you, why should you take me to court?

Let me support TSTV a little. If there's no restriction under the NBC law as regard IPTV and football matches, I think if at all the brothers from SA do challenge them, then there would be no case submission against TSTV.

But what do we know? Let's just watch and see. This is Nigeria. A co tenant can take you to court for buying a car newer than his grin. We know that one na jealousy. Where I was staying before, one of the tenants decided not to pay the salary of the gate man, cos he washes my car and such annoys the guy. In Nigeria, expect anything

Someone once took my client to court that my client's property which was on another street, but in front of his own and of higher heights than his was affecting public view of his property. This is a 2017 case and we want to federal high court in ikoyi Lagos. The guy sued the NPF, sued DPR and another agency along with my client. As lawyers would do, we sought the deficiencies in his case and the judge threw the case out in May, 2017 for lack of merit.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2017
Avubaba:
Can one get it on 60cm?

depends on ur location...but here in the south I got 58 on 11088h and it was not stable
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
davodyguy:

Of course, we should not argue and miss the point. I'm not ruling out TSTV being challenged, but I'm emphatic on the premise that, where there's established case of infringement, then, competitors can approach the court for legal redress.

From the link you provided, MTN did flout the rules, hence the legal action.

It explained that the ‘Family and Friends’ promo, which it claimed was launched in violation of NCC’s regulation

But common, If I don't slap you or attack you, why should you take me to court?

Let me support TSTV a little. If there's no restriction under the NBC law as regard IPTV and football matches, I think if at all the brothers from SA do challenge them, then there would be no case submission against TSTV.

But what do we know? Let's just watch and see. This is Nigeria. A co tenant can take you to court for buying a car newer than his grin. We know that one na jealousy. Where I was staying before, one of the tenants decided not to pay the salary of the gate man, cos he washes my car and such annoys the guy. In Nigeria, expect anything

Someone once took my client to court that my client's property which was on another street, but in front of his own and of higher heights than his was affecting public view of his property. This is a 2017 case and we want to federal high court in ikoyi Lagos. The guy sued the NPF, sued DPR and another agency along with my client. As lawyers would do, we sought the deficiencies in his case and the judge threw the case out in May, 2017 for lack of merit.
I agree with you. We are actually saying that same thing.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 10:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
I'm waiting patiently to what champions league matches on the newly emperor itself TSTV tomorrow. Devil TV will soon bow their head in shame to slash their full subscription to 6000 naira only. competition is good.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 12:07am On Oct 31, 2017
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by aliyuthayo(m): 6:14am On Oct 31, 2017
warboy3:
..Bro does the SW open ur sony @68e.Moreso have u been enjoying sp24.

Yes it opened Sony, but sp24HD is scrambled on the new software. sp24HD was working before the new software came at least till last week Friday.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 6:23am On Oct 31, 2017
sunene1:
I'm waiting patiently to what champions league matches on the newly emperor itself TSTV tomorrow. Devil TV will soon bow their head in shame to slash their full subscription to 6000 naira only. competition is good.

boss did they show EPL or serie a match yesterday
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 31, 2017
Sophieamore1:
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Welcome back! Hope you are going to stay around with some enlighten posts .
Anyway 'HALLOWEEN' scares us here in Africa.. you know our tradition of "gods" worshipping, ����
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 7:29am On Oct 31, 2017
krasican:

boss did they show EPL or serie a match yesterday
I watched serie A game their on sunday

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 7:31am On Oct 31, 2017
Pls house is there any champions league match on AFN network for this Tuesday?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 8:15am On Oct 31, 2017
aliyuthayo:

Yes it opened Sony, but sp24HD is scrambled on the new software. sp24HD was working before the new software came at least till last week Friday.
..Bro abeg, ur own is it alphabox X6+ OR alphabox X6 because i checked peacesat/download i saw alphabox X6+ and i think the SW won't match or it did. Reply thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.