Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,787 members, 7,837,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5461681 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by aliyuthayo(m): 8:36am On Oct 31, 2017
warboy3:
..Bro abeg, ur own is it alphabox X6+ OR alphabox X6 because i checked peacesat/download i saw alphabox X6+ and i think the SW won't match or it did. Reply thanks

Alphabox x6+
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by drandonzero(m): 8:42am On Oct 31, 2017
aliyuthayo:

Alphabox x6+
the new software released 30/10/2017 doesn't open Sport24
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 31, 2017
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by aliyuthayo(m): 9:29am On Oct 31, 2017
drandonzero:
the new software released 30/10/2017 doesn't open Sport24
Yes! Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 2:15pm On Oct 31, 2017
omaolowo:

TSTv has landed and it is will be FTA until their decoders get fully circulated. Some say such a period may last up to a month
For now, there are up to 36 channels. They are so cool. Some of the pictures from the various channels are attached

So folks, why not enjoy FTA - free to air - while it lasts
pls explain how you track this bird pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Obifrank: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
This TSTV that can't get their structures right before coming out with so many promises. "Adamu, come go Iya Bose shop go recharge my DSTV. Forget this TSTV people, they be like some people in Government
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Avubaba(m): 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
krasican:

depends on ur location...but here in the south I got 58 on 11088h and it was not stable
My installer just tracked TSTV but the sports channels are not popping up. I'm using Alphabox X6+. What can be wrong or is it that Alphabox can't view it cos it's showing on Qsat Q23G
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2017
Obifrank:
This TSTV that can't get their structures right before coming out with so many promises. "Adamu, come go Iya Bose shop go recharge my DSTV. Forget this TSTV people, they be like some people in Government

I quite agree with u on getting their structure right but with what am seeing now i think they got something good
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HAH: 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Avubaba:
My installer just tracked TSTV but the sports channels are not popping up. I'm using Alphabox X6+. What can be wrong or is it that Alphabox can't view it cos it's showing on Qsat Q23G
Tstv Africa still maintain their beaming position on ABS 3A 3ºW
The tracking frequencies for TSTV are: 11052 H 30000 and 11088 H 30000(we have been sports on 11088)
Also, it should be noted that bein sports HD 2 appears as DTV3 while bein sports HD 4 takes on the name DTV4
Other channels that were hitherto not displaying pictures like Mama Yoruba are now working fine.
Bein sports HD 2 will show EPL matches while Bein HD 4 will show Italian Serie A amongst others.
In addition, we have plus or minus 17 channels altogether.
Commentary will be run in Arabic: Does this really matters if tstv has the legal right to show bein? I do not think the language matters although they may tweak it. Arms crossed.
With a huge relief, the signal strength has been increased but it will still be better to track on a 90cm dish
It remains to be seen if the two bein sports channels will make it into their official decoder come November 1st.
(Culled from lemmymorgan.com)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
HAH:
The tracking frequencies for TSTV are: 11052 H 30000 and 11088 H 30000(we have been sports on 11088)
Also, it should be noted that bein sports HD 2 appears as DTV3 while bein sports HD 4 takes on the name DTV4
Other channels that were hitherto not displaying pictures like Mama Yoruba are now working fine.
Bein sports HD 2 will show EPL matches while Bein HD 4 will show Italian Serie A amongst others.
Commentary will be run in Arabic: Does this really matters if tstv has the legal right to show bein? I do not think the language matters although they may tweak it. Arms crossed.
With a huge relief, the signal strength has been increased but it will still be better to track on a 90cm dish
It remains to be seen if the two bein sports channels will make it into their official decoder come November 1st.

boss it seems like dtv-3(IT HAS BEEN CHANGED NOW TO GRAND SPORT 1) is bein sport 4HD (THEY WILL BE AIRING SPORTING v JUVENTUS MATCHDAY 4) while dtv-4 (NOW GRAND SPORT 2)is bein sport 1HD (THEY WILL BE AIRING ROMA V CHELSEA MATCHDAY 4)wen I checked their TV schedule ...As i write now more stations have been added like Dubai one..FASHION TV...DUNAMIS...FRANCE 24...MAMA HAUSA....SUNNA...TBN
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
krasican:

boss it seems like dtv-3(IT HAS BEEN CHANGED NOW TO GRAND SPORT 1) is bein sport 4HD (THEY WILL BE AIRING SPORTING v JUVENTUS MATCHDAY 4) while dtv-4 (NOW GRAND SPORT 2)is bein sport 1HD (THEY WILL BE AIRING ROMA V CHELSEA MATCHDAY 4)wen I checked their TV schedule ...As i write now more stations have been added like Dubai one..FASHION TV...DUNAMIS...FRANCE 24...MAMA HAUSA....SUNNA...TBN

Please for all of you on that sat, do us all a favour

As soon as the matches start at 7:45pm, kindly scan through the channels and confirm number of matches aired

Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Avubaba(m): 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
HAH:
Thanks. I had to input the TPs manually before it came up. And like Krasican said the names have been changed. As per the commentary, being free for now won't be an issue but when it becomes a paid service, I think they should find a way to tweak it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
davodyguy:

Please for all of you on that sat, do us all a favour

As soon as the matches start at 7:45pm, kindly scan through the channels and confirm number of matches aired

Thanks

kkk
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Obifrank: 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
krasican:

I quite agree with u on getting their structure right but with what am seeing now i think they got something good
Am sorry, I don't know where you are getting your own feedback from. but I have done some research and everything protrays that they are not ready for what they preached.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
krasican:

kkk

Time Zone changed from now till March, 25 next year
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fabianc: 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2017
From what am seeing, I ain't sure tstv will be able to keep to their promise of delivering there service from tomorrow 1st November. The tstv channels on 3 degree west is barely 20,how in the world will they make it happen tomorrow... ... I doubt it absolutely.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2017
krasican:

If dey get Dubai one den dey don get me be dat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
davodyguy:

Time Zone changed from now till March, 25 next year
you are right
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
spartacus11:
Dem get
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
spartacus11:
Dem get
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
Obifrank:

Am sorry, I don't know where you are getting your own feedback from. but I have done some research and everything protrays that they are not ready for what they preached.

And u expect all their promise to start working from day 1, Mr researcher.

Even Sky UK needed years in business to get to where dey are today, d one wen never even start na u want make roll out everything from day one

Go sleep jo if u dont know how business work, is it dat easy, for how much u wan even pay self
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2017
fabianc:
From what am seeing, I ain't sure tstv will be able to keep to their promise of delivering there service from tomorrow 1st November. The tstv channels on 3 degree west is barely 20,how in the world will they make it happen tomorrow... ... I doubt it absolutely.

Oga d station is more than 20

GRAND SPORT1

GRAND SPORT 2

GRANDE MOVIES

BBC WORLD

CHANNELS TV

HITS TV

MBC2

MBCMAX

MBC ACTION

RIWENDU TV IGBO DRAMA CHANNEL

MAMA AFRICA(NIGERIAN MOVIES)

ALJAZEERA

CGTN

MAMA YORUBA

BRIGHT FM

EMMANUEL TV

RAVE TV

LIBERTY TV

TV C ENTERTAINMENT

EWTN AFRICA INDIA

AHTV

FASHION TV

DUNAMIS

TBN

MAMA HAUSA (NO A/D)

DUBAI ONE

FRANCE 24
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2017
krasican:

Oga d station is more than 20

GRAND SPORT1

GRAND SPORT 2

GRANDE MOVIES

BBC WORLD

CHANNELS TV

HITS TV

MBC2

MBCMAX

MBC ACTION

RIWENDU TV IGBO DRAMA CHANNEL

MAMA AFRICA(NIGERIAN MOVIES)

ALJAZEERA

CGTN

MAMA YORUBA

BRIGHT FM

EMMANUEL TV

RAVE TV

LIBERTY TV

TV C ENTERTAINMENT

EWTN AFRICA INDIA

AHTV

FASHION TV

DUNAMIS

TBN

MAMA HAUSA (NO A/D)

DUBAI ONE

FRANCE 24

Too many IKs. People who have no idea of satellite TV, would just be talking nonsense.

Thanks jare for the update.

Keep us posted

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 8:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
spartacus11:

And u expect all their promise to start working from day 1, Mr researcher.

Even Sky UK needed years in business to get to where dey are today, d one wen never even start na u want make roll out everything from day one

Go sleep jo if u dont know how business work, is it dat easy, for how much u wan even pay self

Some comments from new entrants into this Sat world is keeping people away from giving valuable contributions.

People just say anything. I just visited Lemmy Morgan's blog now, for the first time this year and realized he too has little understanding.

I've said it here, that they're using hbb decoders. Below is an excerpt from wiki

HbbTV can show digital television content from a number of different sources including traditional broadcast TV, Internet, and connected devices in the home. To watch hybrid digital TV, consumers will need a hybrid IPTV set-top box with a range of input connectors, including Ethernet as well as at least one tuner for receiving broadcast TV signals. The tuner in a hybrid set-top box can be digital terrestrial television (DVB-T, DVB-T2), digital cable (DVB-C, DVB-C2) and digital satellite (DVB-S, DVB-S2).

Which means, IPTV, plus Dvb-T and Satellite channels would be embedded inside that their white decoder. All that should concern the subscribers is delivery of service and not asking frivolous questions and speaking ignorantly.

Everyone wants to criticize TSTV. Ask them If they've set up businesses before they'll say No.
Kudos to the man behind TSTV. A wise and sound Igbo man. I've not met him personally, but we've spoken on Phone couple of times and we've done business transactions. I think and hope they succeed.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by folex(m): 8:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
uefa sure on TSVT
Chelsea vs Roma, sure on Grand Sport 2

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
davodyguy:

Some comments from new entrants into this Sat world is keeping people away from giving valuable contributions.

People just say anything. I just visited Lemmy Morgan's blog now, for the first time this year and realized he too has little understanding.

I've said it here, that they're using hbb decoders. Below is an excerpt from wiki

Which means, IPTV, plus Dvb-T and Satellite channels would be embedded inside that their white decoder. All that should concern the subscribers is delivery of service and not asking frivolous questions and speaking ignorantly.

Everyone wants to criticize TSTV. Ask them If they've set up businesses before they'll say No.
Kudos to the man behind TSTV. A wise and sound Igbo man. I've not met him personally, but we've spoken on Phone couple of times and we've done business transactions. I think and hope they succeed.

Any reasonable person go inow say dis guys needs time

Even d dstv we dey pay 14k premium and 16kplus explora sub, dey still dey flop, u go rent movie for box office but u can't view it, yet we still dey pay

Na TSTV of 3k i go come dey complain for

I don't need their internet for now all i need is Dubai one and co MBC
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by folex(m): 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2017
folex:
uefa sure on TSVT
Chelsea vs Roma, sure on Grand Sport 2

Alas the signal was switched off just around 8:43pm!! Hmmmm....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
folex:

I expected that cause I don't think they could air those matches without their decoders
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
krasican:

I expected that cause I don't think they could air those matches without their decoders

Even with their decoder, they are likely to face legal actions.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2017
folex:

Are others still showing?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2017
kwameking:

Even with their decoder, they are likely to face legal actions.
absolutely no....they rare not going to face legal action

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1638) (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.