Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,833 members, 7,837,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5461777 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 9:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
davodyguy:
Are others still showing?
am sure they will be back when the games end
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by folex(m): 9:19pm On Oct 31, 2017
Signal is back on with intermittent freezing...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:20pm On Oct 31, 2017
davodyguy:

I've said it here, that they're using hbb decoders.
But no hbb logo yet on Tstv broadcast on hybrid/hbbtv set up box....according to the channels info...

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by folex(m): 9:23pm On Oct 31, 2017
SPO vs JUV on Grand Sport 1; while Chelsea vs Roma is live on Grand Sport 2.
Chelsea dey fall hand by the way!! Roma 2 - Chelsea 0
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:28pm On Oct 31, 2017
odilibe:

But no hbb logo yet on Tstv broadcast...IPTV cannot be identified as hbbtv...
TSTV confirmed that they would be using hbb tech. Not sure hbb needs to appear on the screen, before we can confirm this.

Hbb tech supports IPTV
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
folex:
Signal is back on with intermittent freezing...
There are two types of 'freezing'. Clear picture freeze like when data signal is poor or the satellite freeze of one affected by weather or poor signal network?

Please confirm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by folex(m): 9:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
Perhaps with their decoder; stability on Beinsports will be guaranteed. But what I have seen so far is like IPTV with characteristic freezing g in-between.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
davodyguy:

TSTV confirmed that they would be using hbb tech. Not sure hbb needs to appear on the screen, before we can confirm this.

not actually on the screen..if you have hybrid hbbtv box ..the hbbtv logo will be indicated at the channel information...just like any other info example encryption method,video resolutions etc...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
odilibe:
not actually on the screen..if you have hbbtv box ..the hbbtv logo will be indicated at the channel information...just like any other info example encryption method etc...
I don't own a hybrid box yet.

Don't also forget that those watching TSTV now via ABS 3 are 'stealing' now, using the normal MPEG 4/HD decoders that are only for Satellite channels and IPTV, not supporting DVB-t.
I'm not sure any Nigerian end user own that white giant white box from TSTV as of now

But its an open secret that their (TSTV) tech is Hbb driven, until one of their main boxes is out before we can confirm.

Just to reiterate, hbb tech supports IPTV,

The technology is the HBB TV tech, HBB is a combination of satellite and internet service for TV service
In between what we have is normal satellite channels and other internet channels
Attached is from my non hybrid IPTV box. Live now is Celtic vs Bayern

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
folex:
Perhaps with their decoder; stability on Beinsports will be guaranteed. But what I have seen so far is like IPTV with characteristic freezing g in-between.
Now, we're getting somewhere
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy200: 10:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
davodyguy:

Some comments from new entrants into this Sat world is keeping people away from giving valuable contributions.

People just say anything. I just visited Lemmy Morgan's blog now, for the first time this year and realized he too has little understanding.

I've said it here, that they're using hbb decoders. Below is an excerpt from wiki

Which means, IPTV, plus Dvb-T and Satellite channels would be embedded inside that their white decoder. All that should concern the subscribers is delivery of service and not asking frivolous questions and speaking ignorantly.

Everyone wants to criticize TSTV. Ask them If they've set up businesses before they'll say No.
Kudos to the man behind TSTV. A wise and sound Igbo man. I've not met him personally, but we've spoken on Phone couple of times and we've done business transactions. I think and hope they succeed.
To me I thought this is a test transmission and most of us are not using the TSTV branded decoder. So what is the noise all about? hbb or complementary internet service or what? Because I don't get it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Avubaba(m): 11:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
aliyuthayo:

Yes! Thanks.
Please does the Alpha is X6+ software(30/10/17) open Sony SiX and Sony ESPN?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Emmaculate20(m): 11:21pm On Oct 31, 2017
spartacus11:

Any reasonable person go inow say dis guys needs time

Even d dstv we dey pay 14k premium and 16kplus explora sub, dey still dey flop, u go rent movie for box office but u can't view it, yet we still dey pay

Na TSTV of 3k i go come dey complain for

I don't need their internet for now all i need is Dubai one and co MBC
Abeg no vex o! What is so special about this Dubai one channel, thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2017
fabianc:

Who is this fool? You're stupid for talking that way..... Do you think tstv owns all the frequency on that satellite? it's you that don't know shit about satellite.

You must be insane for using such an F word. I had to view your profile and see how much of a retard and classless idiot you are. I've tried to restrain myself from kids like you. Since you asked for it first, i deal your ego a big blow

BTW, since you know about satellite, why don't you start up your own sat business and show TSTV how's its done? What about that?

To a petty kid like you, TSTV don't know how to run a sat business right? Why don't you show them the way?

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 11:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
spartacus11:

Any reasonable person go inow say dis guys needs time

Even d dstv we dey pay 14k premium and 16kplus explora sub, dey still dey flop, u go rent movie for box office but u can't view it, yet we still dey pay

Na TSTV of 3k i go come dey complain for

I don't need their internet for now all i need is Dubai one and co MBC

You dey mind them. Even till date, people still have issues recharging Star times and Gotv. This implies that Nigeria being a developing country interns of standards and technology, we are still not close to what we have in advanced climes.

I'm not sure any Paytv has launched such technology HBBTV in Nigeria before. They'll surely need time to fine tune issues. They said NoV 1, which is few hours away. Let's hear what they have to say again.

See below what stumbled on

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 11:46pm On Oct 31, 2017

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fabianc: 11:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
davodyguy:

You must be insane for using such an F word. I had to view your profile and see how much of a retard and classless idiot you are. I've tried to restrain myself from kids like you. Since you asked for it first, i deal your ego a big blow

BTW, since you know about satellite, why don't you start up your own sat business and show TSTV how's its done? What about that?

To a petty kid like you, TSTV don't know how to run a sat business right? Why don't you show them the way?

Mumu like you, coconut head, you think you know anything, coconut without water. I said tstv doesn't have up 20 channels on air now and you're arguing, your ignorance is just out of this world.. .. Fool!!! !
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 12:03am On Nov 01, 2017
fabianc:

Mumu like you, coconut head, you think you know anything, coconut without water. I[b] said tstv doesn't have up 20 channels[/b] on air now and you're arguing, your ignorance is just out of this world.. .. Fool!!! !

I've told you the easy way out. Were you forced to watch it?
Did you or your family members invest in TSTV?
Was your School fees or pepper corn salary you earn part of TSTV's investment?

Seems as if you're brainless. If Yes TSTV doesn't have up to 20 channels, How's that your business? They owe you no explanation, cos they never collected money from, hence they'll be laible to you.

The company admits they are evolving, here you are crying as if the small piece of meat you'll eat tomorrow has been taken from you.

You're such a miserable fool, who probably live a very miserable life.

As I posited earlier, if you feel so strongly about your views, Start your own sat business, to show TSTV how to increase their channels to 1000 and stop whining on the internet. You classless soul.

You don't own their decoder or subscribe, yet you sit inside you mushroom bedroom to post nonsense.

Here's a list of what is being viewed on TSTV at the moment.

Now count slowly, so your brain doesn't fail you, to see that you lied about the number of channels

krasican:

Oga d station is more than 20

GRAND SPORT1

GRAND SPORT 2

GRANDE MOVIES

BBC WORLD

CHANNELS TV

HITS TV

MBC2

MBCMAX

MBC ACTION

RIWENDU TV IGBO DRAMA CHANNEL

MAMA AFRICA(NIGERIAN MOVIES)

ALJAZEERA

CGTN

MAMA YORUBA

BRIGHT FM

EMMANUEL TV

RAVE TV

LIBERTY TV

TV C ENTERTAINMENT

EWTN AFRICA INDIA

AHTV

FASHION TV

DUNAMIS

TBN

MAMA HAUSA (NO A/D)

DUBAI ONE

FRANCE 24
You've been proven wrong, yet you still live in ignorance. Smh
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fabianc: 12:15am On Nov 01, 2017
davodyguy:

I've told you the easy way out. Were you forced to watch it?
Did you or your family members invest in TSTV?
Was your School fees or pepper corn salary you earn part of TSTV's investment?

Seems as if you're brainless. If Yes TSTV doesn't have up to 20 channels, How's that your business? They owe you no explanation, cos they never collected money from, hence they'll be laible to you.

The company admits they are evolving, here you are crying as if the small piece of meat you'll eat tomorrow has been taken from you.

You're such a miserable fool, who probably live a very miserable life.

As I posited earlier, if you feel so strongly about your views, Start your own sat business, to show TSTV how to increase their channels to 1000 and stop whining on the internet. You classless soul.

You don't own their decoder or subscribe, yet you sit inside you mushroom bedroom to post nonsense.

Here's a list of what is being viewed on TSTV at the moment.

Now count slowly, so your brain doesn't fail you, to see that you lied about the number of channels

You've been proven wrong, yet you still live in ignorance. Smh

I guess you've realized how foolish you are for arguing about the 20 channels I talked about. Now you know your foolish and senseless argument has no base, please go back to kindergarten and learn how to read since you just realized your parents wasted money sending you to school. I've seen that you're the ceo of tstv but doesn't know a single thing about satellite, fools like you are the reason why we have brainless people in Nigeria. Akamu like you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 12:23am On Nov 01, 2017
fabianc:

I guess you've realized how foolish you are for arguing about the[b]20 channels[/b] I talked about. Now you know your foolish and senseless argument has no base, please go back to kindergarten and learn how to read since you just realized your parents wasted money sending you to school. I've seen that you're the ceo of tstv but doesn't know a single thing about satellite, fools like you are the reason why we have brainless people in Nigeria. Akamu like you.

Your case is just simply pathetic.
How do you know TSTV doesn't have up to 20 channels?
You told this lie to yourself and someone else called you out. Now you go about fooling yourself.
Let me ask you, do you live a very miserable life outside of Nairaland? Is it that you're an enemy of progress?

For the umpteenth time, I'll Remind you, If you feel so strongly about how bad TSTV is, what stops you from floating your own Satellite business. The APC government is making business registration very easy. In fat, you'll be given tax holiday like they gave TSTV.

You're such a piece of garbage.

For all Nairalanders to see how miserable you are, I'll once again post the number of channels airing on TSTV as of now.

You are not watching TSTV, but you're here arguing blindly.

You said its not more than 20, here's a list of stations more than 20.

krasican:

Oga d station is more than 20

GRAND SPORT1

GRAND SPORT 2

GRANDE MOVIES

BBC WORLD

CHANNELS TV

HITS TV

MBC2

MBCMAX

MBC ACTION

RIWENDU TV IGBO DRAMA CHANNEL

MAMA AFRICA(NIGERIAN MOVIES)

ALJAZEERA

CGTN

MAMA YORUBA

BRIGHT FM

EMMANUEL TV

RAVE TV

LIBERTY TV

TV C ENTERTAINMENT

EWTN AFRICA INDIA

AHTV

FASHION TV

DUNAMIS

TBN

MAMA HAUSA (NO A/D)

DUBAI ONE

FRANCE 24

You should bury your head in shame
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 12:25am On Nov 01, 2017
Emmaculate20:
Abeg no vex o! What is so special about this Dubai one channel, thanks.

Oh bro just like Mbc, good content very very good American content

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 12:30am On Nov 01, 2017
spartacus11:

Oh bro just like Mbc, good content very very good American content

If you have space, you can always get your Dubai one on nilesat and Badr 4 You should be fine with 3metres dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 12:35am On Nov 01, 2017
Fabianc which one come b ur own inside dis mata now

Even if na 10 channels TSTV get, how many channels startimes take start business i believe it wasn't up to 30 then

The so called Dstv how any channels dem take start years ago
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 12:38am On Nov 01, 2017
davodyguy:

If you have space, you can always get your Dubai one on nilesat and Badr 4 You should be fine with 3metres dish
No space at all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:25am On Nov 01, 2017
fabianc:

I guess you've realized how foolish you are for arguing about the 20 channels I talked about. Now you know your foolish and senseless argument has no base, please go back to kindergarten and learn how to read since you just realized your parents wasted money sending you to school. I've seen that you're the ceo of tstv but doesn't know a single thing about satellite, fools like you are the reason why we have brainless people in Nigeria. Akamu like you.
Dstv pained agent

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by aliyuthayo(m): 6:14am On Nov 01, 2017
Avubaba:
Please does the Alpha is X6+ software(30/10/17) open Sony SiX and Sony ESPN?

Yes!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 6:29am On Nov 01, 2017
THIS IS WHAT TSTV HAS TO SAY AGAIN, ITS A PITY:
PRESS RELEASE BY TStv Africa

TStv Africa wishes to appreciate all Nigerians for the love, patience and understanding thus far in respect of the brand “TStv Africa”

Foremost, we are not unaware of our promise to commence full commercial sales and operations of TStv Africa on 1st November,2017 nationwide.

In line with this commitment of ours, we have commenced the distribution and installation of TStv Africa Promo (free of cost) decoders across the country.

This painstaking exercise is to ensure the proper monitoring and evaluation of the signal strength and quality of our channels and programs nationwide.

Similarly, in a bid to achieve uniformity and evenness in the sales of our decoders nationwide, the accreditation of selected dealers is ongoing in addition to the full branding of the dealers’ outlets across the country.

The above stated ongoing activities upon confirmation shall constitute a prelude to the commencement of the commercial sale of TStv Africa decoders nationwide.

We wish to reassure Nigerians that we remain committed to our promise to offer premium quality and affordable DTH services across the country seamlessly.

We seek your further understanding and support in this value driven course.

TStv Africa…connecting your world!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 6:46am On Nov 01, 2017
FRESH INFORMATION FROM TSTV

TSTV
Good Morning Nigerians. Its November 1, 2017, the appointed date for TSTV launch nationwide.
Thousands of free units of TSTV PR Decoders have been deployed nationwide through our accredited dealers. We implore those who have received TSTV PR units to test our services and kindly drop their assessment on our facebook inbox and official email address. To ensure we reach more Nigerians throughout this test period, TSTV Management have launch TSTV transmission nationwide and all our channels are Free to Air for one month.
We are very conscious of the need to offer Nigerians value. That is why we have opened all our channels for free. We are doing all of this because Nigerians need to see what they are buying first. Every new product need to be tested before purchase. TSTV is currently transmitting and its available for free for now on ABS 3 satellite. All our channels are up and free to air for this period of test broadcast. Kindly track ABS 3 and you will receive TSTV on Freq: 11052, (V), S/R: 30,000 free to air. Please don't forget to drop your comments and findings on our facebook inbox or by email: info@tstvafrica.com
ABS 3 is easy to track. Kindly get any good installer to track ABS 3.
Enjoy TSTV for free throughout the month of November.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by segzytola: 7:12am On Nov 01, 2017
Can tstv channels broadcast video on mpeg 4 decoder (strong 4669x) becos I want to confirm b4 tracking the signal.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omaolowo(m): 7:27am On Nov 01, 2017
segzytola:
Can tstv channels broadcast video on mpeg 4 decoder (strong 4669x) becos I want to confirm b4 tracking the signal.

Yes...
However, some of the channels may not open
Hence the cry for the HD decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by segzytola: 7:36am On Nov 01, 2017
omaolowo:

Yes...
However, some of the channels may not open
Hence the cry for the HD decoder
is it only sport channels that will not open or other channels included

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1639) (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.