Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,522 members, 7,836,994 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5460614 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2017
Obifrank:

Thanks all for your assistance. Just nailed it. But I don't have the full channel list on my Decorder as listed here after blind scanning. I don't have the MBC's, BBC and others. Please what could be the problem or are the stations off now??
Thanks

are u using 90cm or 60cm?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ludakristos: 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2017
krasican:

TPs currently red on my end
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2017
Are the stations in tstv off? Just did one installation and I'm seeing 18 stations that are definitely not TSTv. Dakar TV, OPM KIDS etc
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Obifrank: 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
krasican:

Am using 90cm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ludakristos: 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Are the stations in tstv off? Just did one installation and I'm seeing 18 stations that are definitely not TSTv. Dakar TV, OPM KIDS etc

TSTV is red on my end
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 6:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
Obifrank:

Am using 90cm

input11052h 30000 manually

I think they are currently off now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Obifrank: 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
krasican:

input11052h 30000 manually
Thanks for your prompt response, however I have done this without success.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
Obifrank:

what's the signal quality wen u input 11088h 30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
Obifrank:

11052[h]30000 is red,just input 11088[h]30000
and blindscan/autoscan it will come up.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Obifrank: 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
krasican:

what's the signal quality wen u input 11088h 30000
I tracked with my qsat Decorder, cos that's what I have for now. My signal quality is about 65%. Do you think I have to increase the signal to get signals on 11052.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
Never mind. It was a bad joint on my cable.

Fixed and dancing now. 31 stations

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:12pm On Nov 04, 2017
Obifrank:

I tracked with my qsat Decorder, cos that's what I have for now. My signal quality is about 65%. Do you think I have to increase the signal to get signals on 11052.

Check your wiring properly.

Signal is not strong so any bad joint or fixing drops it.

On mine I had a line booster on my cable but it seems it was bad.

All o was getting was some other random stations on that sat, not tstv.

After removing it, the signal picked strength and I now have reception

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Obifrank: 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Check your wiring properly.

Signal is not strong so any bad joint or fixing drops it.

On mine I had a line booster on my cable but it seems it was bad.

All o was getting was some other random stations on that sat, not tstv.

After removing it, the signal picked strength and I now have reception
Thanks bro, so how did I supplement my signals to get these channels. I'm using a diesc switch, could it be the reason why my signal on this 11052 TP dropped?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
Was Tstv able to show the Liverpool match?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 7:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
Obifrank:

if it is 65% for 11088 on qsat then 11052 would definitely show
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
Obifrank:

Thanks bro, so how did I supplement my signals to get these channels. I'm using a diesc switch, could it be the reason why my signal on this 11052 TP dropped?

Very likely.

Try it without the DisEqc and see.

That my line booster is working fine. I was using it for JoyTV till I moved the dish today. It didnt work with TSTV. The signal is weak
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Was Tstv able to show the Liverpool match?

No. The sports stations are off...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
Obifrank:

If Qsat gives you 65%, then strong will give you 72% on same TP
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Obifrank: 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
davodyguy:

If Qsat gives you 65%, then strong will give you 72% on same TP
Guys am loving you all. Used to be an installer when I was in the job market using the small N3k to N5k to take care of myself and my family. To the glory of God, I got a job and work schedule didn't give me time to keep up with FTA, When I got to know about TSTv, I decided to get back on track.
This forum has been very helpful and I thank you all for being your brother keeper.
God bless Nairaland. God bless you all.
I will try your feedbacks and hopefully I will get it.
Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 8:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Very likely.

Try it without the DisEqc and see.

That my line booster is working fine. I was using it for JoyTV till I moved the dish today. It didnt work with TSTV. The signal is weak
A good diseq should give you equal readings.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kentonira: 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2017
Good evening all;pls i tracked tstv but i cant get more than 61% using my blue dstv dish and my saybox;hence the tp 11052 H 30000 is not showing green and i have tried changing the polarity but still no success;my friend suggested i should get a strong lnb.
now i cant get the mbcs and the other good stations.
pls help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Obifrank: 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
kentonira:
Good evening all;pls i tracked tstv but i cant get more than 61% using my blue dstv dish and my saybox;hence the tp 11052 H 30000 is not showing green and i have tried changing the polarity but still no success;my friend suggested i should get a strong lnb.
pls help
Bros, you are at the right place, the gurus here will see you tru. Am now enjoying Dubia one. Thanks to you all. Niaraland forum for ever.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2017
kentonira:
pls help
..Bro rephrase ur question for better understanding
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kentonira: 9:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
good evening again;i have tracked the tstv and i can watch channels like hits tv and others but the mbcs and bbc i dont have them probably because the 11052 is showing red.
i actually tracked it using my dstv dish and lnb and i have 59% qaulity on 11168 H 30000.
Do i need to use LNB made by stong.
i used satbox decoder;the cannels i have are very stable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
kentonira:
good evening again;i have tracked the tstv and i can watch channels like hits tv and others but the mbcs and bbc i dont have them probably because the 11052 is showing red.
i actually tracked it using my dstv dish and lnb and i have 59% qaulity on 11168 H 30000.
Do i need to use LNB made by stong.
i used satbox decoder;the cannels i have are very stable.

try and increase ur signal quality and what's the size of your dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kentonira: 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
it is 90cm (Dstv blue dish);my location is bayelsa.anything i do trying to improve signal;it goes red.pls i need ur help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 11:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
kentonira:
it is 90cm (Dstv blue dish);my location is bayelsa.anything i do trying to improve signal;it goes red.pls i need ur help.

what re you doing to improve d signal
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kentonira: 11:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
first tweaking the lnb which is made by adsat and then when i didnt gwt appreciable difference it ried moving the dish slowlly up n down and sideways but to no avail sir.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 11:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
kentonira:
.. Will purchase a new lnb(it could be strong) then if it's in discq disconnect it and run a straight cable to decoder,increase to ur best let see
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 12:20am On Nov 05, 2017
kentonira:
first tweaking the lnb which is made by adsat and then when i didnt gwt appreciable difference it ried moving the dish slowlly up n down and sideways but to no avail sir.

try and get a short - neck strong lnb
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kentonira: 6:18am On Nov 05, 2017
ok;thank you very much.will do that today or tomorrow;if i cant purchase today then i will purchase tomorrow;my wire is straight from the dish to the decoder.
Thank you for now and i will surely get back to the house on this.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Profchicky: 7:03am On Nov 05, 2017
Please I need someone to help me explain how I can connect two diseqc switches (8-LNBS) to the Decoder.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.