Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,144 members, 7,867,331 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:59 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5497146 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojtech8291: 6:39am On Sep 07, 2012
any info on channel tv on amos@17e?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:31am On Sep 07, 2012
Ikiriye: @ Odilibe
I can see the first lnb am going to test has arrived.brother welldone.cheers
@Ikiriye...The remaining lnbs will arrive from the united states in 2weeks time ..when they arrive i will have them delivered to you for testing..cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by notseunosewa(f): 7:32am On Sep 07, 2012
@george_d,

Please I need a dish with positioner like the hh motor that's automatic. I already hv a strong srt 4669x.

Please give me a breakdown of the things needed and cost of various brands. Do u sell these items? My yahooid- iloveseun82
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2012
@not-seunosewa,
Thanks for your interest in FTA. Obviously you must have been following the thread and have learnt a lot.

A normal 90cm or 1 meter dish is what you need for use with a HH motor. The 90cm dish you can get anywhere
they sell satellite equipment in your neighborhood. The HH motor is the tricky part where you need to source
through some of our members here. olofofo used to sell some but I don't know if he still has any stock.

As for prices, I wouldn't know how much they sell for presently. And, no I do not sell any of these items.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 07, 2012
George_D: @not-seunosewa,
Thanks for your interest in FTA. Obviously you must have been following the thread and have learnt a lot.

A normal 90cm or 1 meter dish is what you need for use with a HH motor. The 90cm dish you can get anywhere
they sell satellite equipment in your neighborhood. The HH motor is the tricky part where you need to source
through some of our members here. olofofo used to sell some but I don't know if he still has any stock.

As for prices, I wouldn't know how much they sell for presently. And, no I do not sell any of these items.
Please does dstv go work everywhere in Nigeria? I am in delta state.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by notseunosewa(f): 2:39pm On Sep 07, 2012
@george_d,

With this 90cm or 1m dish, how many satellites can I search and what satellites are those?

Do I need an extra pole for this or can use it on my wall? Please send me your no so we can discuss. Also, pls give me olofofo's contact.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2012
pleas the nollywood and ctl africa i got on amos5/w3c just disapia 2days ago,and my rdv is showing red.please someone should send me the nollywood freq/s.rate thanks in anticipation. 1 love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oladat(m): 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2012
All gurus,pls where can I get a HH motor to motorise my 90cm dish and how much does it cost.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2012
@george_d and odilibe, it looks like it is very easy to get inverto quad in kenya i just asked freddygaz from kenya in my forum to show me a sample of his inverto lnb. I will keep u guys posted as soon as i get the info, so we can easily get the lnbs here in africa rather than the us or uk. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by esuo2(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2012
SSHD3 and MntHD fta now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by andymola(m): 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2012
For those in the east. You can order for ur Libertystar decoder T3 at very affordable price and enjoy all ur Dstv uninterrupted. 08035709098 for more details

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Fadola2: 6:54am On Sep 08, 2012
Ab3 & animaux is back on w3c 12605 h 29950
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adewunmis(m): 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
To do d dish to new dish,it wil cost u 13k,cal me anytim u are ready.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
blink182: Please does dstv go work everywhere in Nigeria? I am in delta state.

@blink182,
DSTV gotv does not work everywhere in Nigeria for now. You can only get it in select cities across the country.
However they have plans to cover more cities as time goes on.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
@not-seunosewa,
The number of satellites you can receive with a 90cm dish depends on your location.
This topic has been discussed here on this forum many times over.

Kindly go through the child board and update yourself with these information as
you will most likely find them there.

No, you won't need any extra pole for your installation.

olofofo's contact is on his profile.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2012
BUGS12: @george_d and odilibe, it looks like it is very easy to get inverto quad in kenya i just asked freddygaz from kenya in my forum to show me a sample of his inverto lnb. I will keep u guys posted as soon as i get the info, so we can easily get the lnbs here in africa rather than the us or uk. Thanks

@BUGS12,
That is a good discovery on your part. However just be sure they're of the same type or make like that of their USA counterpart.
As you know the Chinese are always fond of flooding developing countries with fake copies of satellite equipment which don't perform
half as well as the original.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2012
Jackobite: @ Africanist have you hurt down the bird that you mention with the lnb suggested.hope to hear the performance of that product?thanks

@Jackobite
No, I'm still expecting its delivery from Europe. Thanks.

@all
1.)Is 11.183v-02.499 a valid nilesat frequency? I got it with my 1.8M pan dish@7west with 61% quality but its not displaying any channel.
2.) My NWA frequency is at 50% showing Aljazeera & co (Can it get better on my 1.8M dish).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2012
africanist:

@all
1.)Is 11.183v-02.499 a valid nilesat frequency? I got it with my 1.8M pan dish@7west with 61% quality but its not displaying any channel.
you must have done blind scan on 7.3west NWA BEAM..you should be aware that the NWA BEAM of 7.3west is capable of distributing internet or broadband services ...since you scan the TP and there was no channel while it is green...then that frequency may belong to any broadband/internet service VSAT operator...and not for TV broadcast...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Maxdyoga: 6:54am On Sep 09, 2012
Kktv channels on new freq. 12.203v3.095 on astra 2b
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 7:49am On Sep 09, 2012
George_D, all those inverto lnbs in kenya are imported. Even countries like UK and US, have a lot of fake chinese products too, even the ones cumin from the UK by odilibe might also be fake, you can never tell.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 8:05am On Sep 09, 2012
Odilibe, please dont get me wrong, i am only trying to prove a point.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2012
BUGS12: ... Even countries like UK and US, have a lot of fake chinese products too,...
Objection Mr BUGS12, those fake products from chinese are not common in those places you mentioned above the way they are in Africa. Remember that they checks products that are imported into their countries. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 9:29am On Sep 09, 2012
Dlee, have you forgotten that in the US theres a place called china town, with chinese everywhere.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 9:47am On Sep 09, 2012
D.lee:
Objection Mr BUGS12, those fake products from chinese are not common in those places you mentioned above the way they are in Africa. Remember that they checks products that are imported into their countries. grin
I agree with you. EU and the USA have very strict importation laws and you cannot just import anything. Even receivers are subjected to tests to check their durability. This is unlike Africa.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:53am On Sep 09, 2012
@BUGS12, et al,
As they normally say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Therefore, I wouldn't want us to
stress ourselves here debating on which LNB is fake or original. The triple LNB project will take
care of all that. At the end of testing it will be clear which one is real or Unreal! cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:09am On Sep 09, 2012
BUGS12: Dlee, have you forgotten that in the US theres a place called china town, with chinese everywhere.
Yeah, there is a place called China town but that doesn't give them room to flood American market with fake products. One can easily get Chinese product in US but it have to be inline with US standard. Sometime last year, US government warned China that they don't want any of their products that was produced by the inmates in USA. US is not a porous countary where any fake product can flood in the way they flood in here.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 10:38am On Sep 09, 2012
Dlee, well like George_D said after testing we will find out which one is fake but with a place like little china in the US you dont need to import fake products, the fake products are produced directly there and spread all over the country. There is nothing you are looking for that you would not find in little china, its just like onitsha market which is the biggest market in west africa, you can imagine what you will find there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
Where has mbc on w3a gone too?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2012
[quote author=sokopion]Where is obenlly? he was doing good job some of as stop him here
@I hacked you have warn me not to call you boss but what can i say thank you so much
now my srt 4940 full hd is perfect with cccam thank you sir

pls i want know how you get into cccam on srt 4940. Thank u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2012
House,pls how can i get to cccam on srt 4940? Also,can srt 4940 work with dstv smart card?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2012
Brainy02, mbc on w3a is still active ,may be you need to re align your dish.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2012
obnelly: Brainy02, mbc on w3a is still active ,may be you need to re align your dish.

it one of my cable that is messing around....
Thanks all the same

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Leon2dgh and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.