Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,460 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5463092 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:59am On Sep 13, 2012
@ALL
New software updates for SRT 4620 to SRT 4669X, SRT 4620XIII, 4661XII to 4664XII, SRT 4820XII to 4665X, SRT 4820XIII to 4665XII are now out. Get your download from: http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?PHPSESSID=fa9f2d2037703794bc90f769244511b3&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 8:25am On Sep 13, 2012
George_D: @microgiant,

We could have teamed up together for the triple LNB project if you had indicated interest early enough rather than going solo. All the same, the more the merrier.
Viva FTA!

George_D, if you check past posts, I indicated interest earlier and was waiting for instructions on how to pay. Unfortunately, the next time I logged on the project was already underway. So I had to go solo.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jay14(m): 9:15am On Sep 13, 2012
Pidzo: @ALL
New software updates for SRT 4620 to SRT 4669X, SRT 4620XIII, 4661XII to 4664XII, SRT 4820XII to 4665X, SRT 4820XIII to 4665XII are now out. Get your download from: http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?PHPSESSID=fa9f2d2037703794bc90f769244511b3&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East grin
@Pidzo.
Have u tested it maybe its work with DSTV black card? This is middle east patch will it be ok for africa receivers?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:16am On Sep 13, 2012
odilibe: @George_D surprisingly the 0.1db avenger pll321s-2 lnb arrived today from united states in less than 8days from the date of shipping...the interesting part is that the avenger plll is the most smallest lnb made by DMS INTERNATIONAL but it has short neck for forward and backward adjustments(tweaking)...for now the remaining lnbf to arrive from the united states is spitfire elite lnb..cheers.. cool cool

@odilibe,
This is good news! I'm sure the spitfire should be on its way too and then the trio would have been
complete and ready for onward shipping on to here.

Welldone for all your efforts so far.

Viva FTA!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:21am On Sep 13, 2012
@microgiant,
Ok, looks like there was a communication breakdown along the way.
Still, I think its better to have a second opinion from your own end.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2012
Jay 1:
@Pidzo.
Have u tested it maybe its work with DSTV black card? This is middle east patch will it be ok for africa receivers?
Unfortunately I dont have these receivers so I dont know how the new software works. As for it being Middle East patch I would say there is no problem. I am using a Middle East Patch on my SRT 4930 and its perfect. If you are using your receiver for MYTV then you would miss some services like the option to check for balance etc. But if not then try it and see the new features or performance. cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nikuchi: 10:50am On Sep 13, 2012
Gurus in the house pls recommend i good diseqc for me to use on my four lnb setup with one dish.... Whenever i'm watching lets say any channel on astra 2b and i decide to change to another bird like eutelsat w7 it will show no or bad signal and take some minutes before it come up. Or is it from the lnb causing such interference due to the four lnb being connected to the diseqc ? if i live only two lnb connected to the diseqc it work fine without any interference... Pls what can i do
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jay14(m): 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
Pidzo:
Unfortunately I dont have these receivers so I dont know how the new software works. As for it being Middle East patch I would say there is no problem. I am using a Middle East Patch on my SRT 4930 and its perfect. If you are using your receiver for MYTV then you would miss some services like the option to check for balance etc. But if not then try it and see the new features or performance. cool
Ok thanks i'll do that.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
Nikuchi: Gurus in the house pls recommend i good diseqc for me to use on my four lnb setup with one dish.... Whenever i'm watching lets say any channel on astra 2b and i decide to change to another bird like eutelsat w7 it will show no or bad signal and take some minutes before it come up. Or is it from the lnb causing such interference due to the four lnb being connected to the diseqc ? if i live only two lnb connected to the diseqc it work fine without any interference... Pls what can i do
it might not be the issues of deseqc but if go for strong 4way input with rain/sun protector casing{blue plastic} or change the main wire tha bring all the signal to your box{decoder}it might be ordinary cable coated in copper it strenght is lost due to few load applied.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
@ Pidzo i need a little info on software that carries {zip}i know is off forum but how to go about it the process entails my e-mail jackobite02@yahoo.com.thanks in anticipation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
Jackobite: @ Pidzo i need a little info on software that carries {zip}i know is off forum but how to go about it the process entails my e-mail jackobite02@yahoo.com.thanks in anticipation.
Check your mail bro. cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2012
@PIDZO, YOU POSTED THE LINK FOR SRT4669X FIRMWARE BUT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THAT THERE, ITS 4661, 4665 ETCETERA THAT HAVE NEW FIRMWARES.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 8:33pm On Sep 13, 2012
make sure none of the cable to the disqec is splitted because if they do, then xpect dat h/v conflict on your disqec odawise, try xcruiser,supermax,even strong.its all abt luck and make sure d cables re well fitted. Cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nikuchi: 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2012
Jackobite: it might not be the issues of deseqc but if go for strong 4way input with rain/sun protector casing{blue plastic} or change the main wire tha bring all the signal to your box{decoder}it might be ordinary cable coated in copper it strenght is lost due to few load applied.
i have changed the cables and the strong diseqc but still same problem.... Pls help me out
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
Nikuchi:
i have changed the cables and the strong diseqc but still same problem.... Pls help me out
go to ur dish setting on each sat change the disect to disect 1.2 and port 1 then 1 of 16, port 2 ,2 of 16 to port4 and u will be fine with either supermax or original strong.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 11:01pm On Sep 13, 2012
Sophieamore1: @PIDZO, YOU POSTED THE LINK FOR SRT4669X FIRMWARE BUT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THAT THERE, ITS 4661, 4665 ETCETERA THAT HAVE NEW FIRMWARES.
true grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jerana15(m): 7:16am On Sep 14, 2012
My multitv has been showin no signal since yday evenin.yall pls confirm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nikuchi: 7:55am On Sep 14, 2012
Adex70: go to ur dish setting on each sat change the disect to disect 1.2 and port 1 then 1 of 16, port 2 ,2 of 16 to port4 and u will be fine with either supermax or original strong.
ok i will do that and report to the house.... thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:20am On Sep 14, 2012
From my research. Zap package on 36e is very much active.sky uk now 24/7 active.badr 26 abudhabi sports 1_7 active.some tps flashes on turksat 42e.also 3 tps pop on astra 31•5e.i will keep working on more fringe reception. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Felixdav(m): 11:01am On Sep 14, 2012
Pls house, can I get badr26e on a 90cm dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 14, 2012
I installed the GT-SAT prime focus ku lnb on my motorized 1.8m dish yesterday. The result is as follows:
1. the general quality level of most satellites increased by 10%
2. @7 degree west, apart from 10992V on NWA beam reading between 65-70% quality and 11156V flashing on and off@ 65% quality, other frequencies seems dead.
3. While I noticed a general increment in quality on most positions, MBC 3 and 1 on 7 degree east remains static @ 50% quality.

My Conclusion
Professional/Special lnb(s)may be helpful in some cases however, in FTA, your dish size is everything. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 11:36am On Sep 14, 2012
BB is free check ssHD1 and ssHD3 ...@36%
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TSHIRT(m): 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
obnelly: From my research. Zap package on 36e is very much active.sky uk now 24/7 active.badr 26 abudhabi sports 1_7 active.some tps flashes on turksat 42e.also 3 tps pop on astra 31•5e.i will keep working on more fringe reception. Cheers
oga obnelly are u saying that with my 3meter fibre dish i can now enjoy sky uk 24/7 and badr 26 24/7 too.what are d % of the tps.thanks.i'm enjoying sky italia on hotbird but would not mind sky uk
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
Sophieamore1: @PIDZO, YOU POSTED THE LINK FOR SRT4669X FIRMWARE BUT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THAT THERE, ITS 4661, 4665 ETCETERA THAT HAVE NEW FIRMWARES.
Apologies, that was a typo. cry cry cry
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
@ALL
Those with SRT 4902 and 4620XV new update is now out. Download it here: http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?PHPSESSID=fa9f2d2037703794bc90f769244511b3&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
Obnelly,
You mean you are now able to hit green on the ZAP angolan beam there?Great job.What Kind of an LNB are you using?I acqyuired a 1.8m offset fibre dish for use.I am just waiting to instal it this weekend
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
Illish ,good to see you are keeping well.pls can we chat on my e-mail:the3muskettiers@gmail.com.I am getting up to 132 channels on that satellite.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
T-shirt,you must be good at tracking fringe receptions to be able to pull in those satellites.Most people here are limited to small dishes,tracking with small dish is just a foundation to tracking fringe reception and at the same time you must understand behaviour of satellites on the clarke belt for you to get those satellites.Its not easy as you think though but i believe you too can .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunny78(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
hello pidzo thank u very much for the work u are donin pls i will need you help.pls can u tell me how can i get arryadia TNT,thank you one more time.this is my email sunnyogbe78@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 7:03pm On Sep 14, 2012
obnelly: From my research. Zap package on 36e is very much active.sky uk now 24/7 active.badr 26 abudhabi sports 1_7 active.some tps flashes on turksat 42e.also 3 tps pop on astra 31•5e.i will keep working on more fringe reception. Cheers
baba obnelly thank u for ur cal concernin dat my 4 mdish u want to install for me.pls never vex na ur money i dey try to gather..na my brother number u called.i go cal u with my number 2nite.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TSHIRT(m): 7:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
obnelly: T-shirt,you must be good at tracking fringe receptions to be able to pull in those satellites. .
yes i know but so far i have been able to track nilesat and hotbirt myself with my 3meter fibre &i'm enjoying sky italia on hotbird presently,i only want to be sure be4 i give it a try &so that u can put me true in case of any difficulty.what are the % of tp on sky uk especially th sport hds
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
(DMS INTERNTIONAL UNIVERSAL SINGLE LNBF). Spitfire elite lnb. Noise figure 0.1db. Conversion gain 58db{typical}. Power consumption 90mA. High stability. Very high cross polarisation decoupling.

@Ikiriye &George_D all lnb{f} are ready for shipping, the spitfire elite lnbf has a very shorter neck for adjustments like the avenger lnbf¤anyways ,HAPPY TESTING!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: harizonal123(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.