Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,016 members, 7,838,555 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5462341 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 5:50am On Sep 10, 2012
is nollywood/ctl africa still on at amos5 17e? Tp pleas.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:02am On Sep 10, 2012
RRsat increases distribution to and from Africa

Content management and distribution services provider RRsat Global Communications Network has signed several contracts with TV and radio channels for distribution to and from Africa, via AMOS-5, the satellite launched in December 2011 by Spacecom.

RRsat's platforms on the AMOS-5 satellite feature two steerable Ku-band beams, Ku-1 and Ku-3, covering Africa with connectivity to Europe and the Middle East and supporting multiple transponders.

Lior Rival, VP sales and marketing of RRsat, said: "We see a growing demand for direct-to-home (DTH) solutions to Africa, which is a diverse and vibrant market for DTH providers, representing both a great opportunity and a great challenge for us. We are providing leading TV and radio channels with the opportunity to reach this continent with a huge population. RRsat has expanded its sales force for this region, and we see good opportunities for continuing growth."

Louise Duffy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2012
Pidzo: RRsat increases distribution to and from Africa

Content management and distribution services provider RRsat Global Communications Network has signed several contracts with TV and radio channels for distribution to and from Africa, via AMOS-5, the satellite launched in December 2011 by Spacecom.

RRsat's platforms on the AMOS-5 satellite feature two steerable Ku-band beams, Ku-1 and Ku-3, covering Africa with connectivity to Europe and the Middle East and supporting multiple transponders.

Lior Rival, VP sales and marketing of RRsat, said: "We see a growing demand for direct-to-home (DTH) solutions to Africa, which is a diverse and vibrant market for DTH providers, representing both a great opportunity and a great challenge for us. We are providing leading TV and radio channels with the opportunity to reach this continent with a huge population. RRsat has expanded its sales force for this region, and we see good opportunities for continuing growth."

Louise Duffy
?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:45am On Sep 10, 2012
BUGS12: George_D, all those inverto lnbs in kenya are imported. Even countries like UK and US, have a lot of fake chinese products too, even the ones cumin from the UK by odilibe might also be fake, you can never tell.
lol...@BUG12 you should be aware by now that a refund or return policy law,warranty,guarantee and quality control of goods etc works well in the uk. grin grin
BUGS12: Odilibe, please dont get me wrong, i am only trying to prove a point.
@BUGS12 i should get you right..lol,may be will should do further analysis of inverto lnbs from the united kingdom vs available or other lnbs in africa/kenya to see which lnbs performs better or fake through George_D...

@George_D, since BUGS12 is claiming an availability of fake inverto lnb in the uk .. grin may be a further test should be done to ascertain fake inverto lnbf(s) in the uk...i will now be ordering a 0.2db high performance and high gain offset lnb from inverto.tv,the inverto black ultra quad on my own part/expense, so be expecting inverto black ultra quad in the box..you know what i mean....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:14am On Sep 10, 2012
@odilibe,
Wao! The inverto black ultra quad will be the icing on the cake!
You're da man indeed!

@BUGS,
Like I said before, the triple LNB project will put all this
speculation to rest.

Viva FTA!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
@odilibe and George_D, thanks guys we really need test results on the different lnbs.
George_D, sir for now the ball is in your court.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2012
odilibe: lol...@BUG12 you should be aware by now that a refund or return policy law,warranty,guarantee and quality control of goods etc works well in the uk. grin grin @BUGS12 i should get you right..lol,may be will should do further analysis of inverto lnbs from the united kingdom vs available or other lnbs in africa/kenya to see which lnbs performs better or fake through George_D...

@George_D, since BUGS12 is claiming an availability of fake inverto lnb in the uk .. grin may be a further test should be done to ascertain fake inverto lnbf(s) in the uk...i will now be ordering a 0.2db high performance and high gain offset lnb from inverto.tv,the inverto black ultra quad on my own part/expense, so be expecting inverto black ultra quad in the box..you know what i mean....

Good Afternoon Odilibe,

I have import Inverto lnb's before from Pulsat website based in the UK and also satshop website based in Germany.

It would be interesting to note that the Inverto lnb,s i received from UK and Germany are made in China,
Reason being raw material are easily available and affordable in China plus labor to make them is cheap.
I have also imported sat receivers from both UK(Vantage receiver) and German (Dreambox, Az Box) and intersting thing once again, the receivers are made in China.

The best Inverto offset ku lnb i have tested to dated is Inverto Silver Tech 0.2dB Quad Output LNB...http://www.pulsat.com/products/Inverto-Silver-Tech-0.2dB-Quad-Output-LNB.html

It is also very interesting to note that Inverto Sliver tech 0.2 db Quad is the same as Eurostar QP4 GOLD lnb

While the best Inverto prime focus ku lnb is Inverto IDLP-001QDF Quad Flange LNB - 0,3dB + Invacom Adjustable feed horn ADF-120....http://www.satshop.tv/LNB-Flange-C120
[img]http://www.satshop.tv/bilder/produkte/normal/Inverto-IDLP-001QDF-Quad-Flange-LNB-03dB.png[/img]++++++ [img]http://www.satshop.tv/bilder/produkte/normal/Invacom-Adjustable-feed-horn-ADF-120.png[/img]

The Inverto lnb,s we have in Kenya are from Dubai, UAE.
Best option for offset, Inverto Ultra Black Quad ....http://www.dmm-tv.com/inverto/qudl40.php

Other High gain Ku offset lnb's include, Megasat High Gain Single LNB 0.1dB 70dB, MTI AK54-XT2N Universal Quad LNB 40mm High Line - 0.2dB, plus Inverto Black Ultra IDLB-QUDL40-ULTRA-OPP Quad 40mm LNB 0.2 dB.

Happy sourcing...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
@kungu...thanks for your updated i have already ordered inverto black ultra quad from ebay.co.uk as of 12;01pm today.
The inverto prime focus quad lnb you posted is the white tech same as the red classic quad only name change...
once again thanks for your update..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2012
@ George_D, Ikiriye, Odilibe. I must commend you guys for all your effort concerning the purchase and testing of those lnbf(s) you mentioned previously. It is not easy to caugh out such amount of money just for others to choose the appropriate lnbf on fringe satellites. I pray that with those lnbf(s) we will be able to eliminate BUD to some extent.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
@odiibe, Georg-d,kungu &ikiriye welldone to u guys thank to u 4 all the trouble we are all waiting for the result
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
@all, the picture of the inverto single black ultra was just posted on my forum/website. This is the picture.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
Chinese expand African TV investment fund

China’s Africa Development Fund and its China Development Bank are to extend its investment strategy into African digital TV.

Since 2007 around $100 million has already been directly invested, and the president of the fund, Chi Jianxin, says another $50 million has been earmarked for further investment. There could also be more given that the Bank says that it has $400 million on offer for suitable projects, which could be doubled.

The Fund claims that, to date, some 1.4 million people in 14 different African countries are viewing digital TV as a result of the Chinese involvement in the StarTimes-backed ventures. StarTimes claims 7 million pay-TV subscribers in China.

StarTimes transmits terrestrially using Eutelsat (at 10 degrees East) for its local distribution, and has activities in Kenya, Burundi, Nigeria, Tanzania, Central African Rep., and elsewhere.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cleanman(m): 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2012
Pidzo: Chinese expand African TV investment fund

China’s Africa Development Fund and its China Development Bank are to extend its investment strategy into African digital TV.

Since 2007 around $100 million has already been directly invested, and the president of the fund, Chi Jianxin, says another $50 million has been earmarked for further investment. There could also be more given that the Bank says that it has $400 million on offer for suitable projects, which could be doubled.

The Fund claims that, to date, some 1.4 million people in 14 different African countries are viewing digital TV as a result of the Chinese involvement in the StarTimes-backed ventures. StarTimes claims 7 million pay-TV subscribers in China.

StarTimes transmits terrestrially using Eutelsat (at 10 degrees East) for its local distribution, and has activities in Kenya, Burundi, Nigeria, Tanzania, Central African Rep., and elsewhere.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2012
@all
Thanks for your comments as regards the lnbs testing project.we will brief the house as soon as the lnbs gets to ph before Lagos zone will test run.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by andymola(m): 7:35am On Sep 11, 2012
All over d world, almost everyone can afford pay tv wit amazing free to air channels. But in Nigeria, u must be a top income earner to enjoy some choiced channels. It has become a ground where exploiters come to settle without periodic checks from d govt.
Recently, they'd made it known to us dt from September their premium package has been increased to 11k and our govt has done nothing over these incessant increments than their obvious silence. Those that usually cite epileptic power supply in defence of these South Africans can as well jump to tell us dt generators are installed to power signals like their MTN mast. It baffles me that a fellow Nigerian is always quick to rain abuses each time we bring up something to tame these exploiters. No wonder the French speaking countries enjoy better FTA.
In view of this, Libertystar decoder T1 &T3 have become a mystery to them cos they're powered by network (sim card) &for 8months T1 has been flawless &still counting! Una well done!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by andymola(m): 7:37am On Sep 11, 2012
I think I've said it all and if u wish to launch a campaign for my ban u're welcome. I'll leave u with this "if we dont fight for our rights who will?" @Hotandholy, we're brothers okay. Let the sleeping dog lies.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 4:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
andymola: I think I've said it all and if u wish to launch a campaign for my ban u're welcome. I'll leave u with this "if we dont fight for our rights who will?" @Hotandholy, we're brothers okay. Let the sleeping dog lies.
you are right but let the sleepin dog lied and the Revolution will start with a smoke then.....but now spread your cobweb as far as you can if you want to bring down alot of your enemies hope you get the gist/clue and don't mention your weapons of attack to enemies spy might be in the jungle.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
grin grin grin grin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 12:30am On Sep 12, 2012
HISPASAT 30W is working perfectly across Nigeria now.I managed to hit green this morning up to 64%.you too can give it a trial .Happy hunting.i guess with all the lazer lnbs from odilibe the sky isnt our limit.keep hunting brothers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 2:31am On Sep 12, 2012
obnelly: HISPASAT 30W is working perfectly across Nigeria now.I managed to hit green this morning up to 64%.you too can give it a trial .Happy hunting.i guess with all the lazer lnbs from odilibe the sky isnt our limit.keep hunting brothers.

dish size pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 3:44am On Sep 12, 2012
rescan ur multitv tp, tv gold is on
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 6:06am On Sep 12, 2012
obnelly: HISPASAT 30W is working perfectly across Nigeria now.I managed to hit green this morning up to 64%.you too can give it a trial .Happy hunting.i guess with all the lazer lnbs from odilibe the sky isnt our limit.keep hunting brothers.
bros please expanciate on dish size, and tp. Does it work only with lazer lnb or strong lnb? One love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 6:08am On Sep 12, 2012
Zeetry:

dish size pls
From ph 3.6m and above
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 7:02am On Sep 12, 2012
@odilibe,
Pictures speak louder than words. That inverto black ultra quad
looks so inviting! Please keep them coming!

Viva FTA!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 8:54am On Sep 12, 2012
Wonderful work i̲̅n progress George,ikiriye, odilibe and co, count me i̲̅n though. I have these one cut n will test soon.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
Nigerian Islamic group to launch satellite TV channel

The Jama’atu Izalatil Bid’a Wa Iqamatis Sunnah, a religious organisation, is to launch a satellite TV channel, called Sunnah TV.

The Daily Times Nigeria reports that the organisation's national chairman, Shiekh Bala Lau, said test transmission of the channel had been carried out.

He said the content of its programmes was being worked out, but pointed out that the recitation of the Holy Quran and Hadith would feature prominently, adding that the channel would concentrate on religious instructions and other productive activities that would benefit Muslims and other Nigerians, especially the youth.

Lau explained that Sunnah TV was aimed at helping young Muslims to excel in the recitation of the Holy Book and commit themselves to the teachings of Islam.
Louise Duffy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ogunsg(m): 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
pls help me i want 2 track w6 and w3c.how can i track it and tp
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 4:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
I placed order for the Avenger PLL321S-2 and spitfire lnbs, but the spitfire is out of stock. So, I'm expecting the Avenger late October 2012.

@George, I have tracked 10 Sats with the H-H motor, from 22w - 68.5E using my satellite finder. Unfortunately, my decoder had been damaged by the water. The quality of pictures I took with a nokia phone camera are too poor. I am trying to borrow a digital camera to enable me post better quality pictures.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
@microgiant,
Congrats for a job welldone. I see you've been putting that 1m dish into serious use! cool

We could have teamed up together for the triple LNB project if you had indicated interest
early enough rather than going solo. All the same, the more the merrier.

About the pictures, should you continue to experience difficulties with getting a reliable
camera, you can come over to my place and borrow mine.

Viva FTA!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
@odilibe how are u i need u to help me purchase 3'2mt steel dish 4rm strong it is not availlable here in nigeria, it is 9panel dish check strong website get back to me on adeboye70@Gmail.com for the price and frigth God bless u looking foward to hear 4rm u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
@George_D surprisingly the 0.1db avenger pll321s-2 lnb arrived today from united states in less than 8days from the date of shipping...the interesting part is that the avenger plll is the most smallest lnb made by DMS INTERNATIONAL but it has short neck for forward and backward adjustments(tweaking)...for now the remaining lnbf to arrive from the united states is spitfire elite lnb..cheers.. cool cool

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
Adex70: @odilibe how are u i need u to help me purchase 3'2mt steel dish 4rm strong it is not availlable here in nigeria, it is 9panel dish check strong website get back to me on adeboye70@Gmail.com for the price and frigth God bless u looking foward to hear 4rm u.
Adex70 strong technology did not list prices in their website__i have a cousin who is using over 3mtr pan dish for nilesat in onitsha and the dish was bought in onitsha...

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.