Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,617 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1948) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5444039 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1945) (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Maximanuel2(m): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2019
davodyguy:

What you're asking are only available on premium (Paytv) what comes close is Astra 2F

Hello Guys... I'm a Newbie in Satellite and Cable TV Technology... So I got this Bush TV..it has an inbuilt tuner/decoder....After searching on it.. I got 50 Channels...out of the 50 channels WWE,e.tv, National Geographic and Dunamis were showing well..NTA,Ebony Life, CNN,AIT, Channels and ABS Awka were playing sound but showing me "INVALID FORMAT" on the screen..this was 4 days ago...but now None of them is playing,except NTA which is playing only sound and still displaying "INVALID FORMAT" on the screen....all the Other Channels are now writing "NO CI MODULE" and after some research, I learnt about Conditional Access Module (CAM) and I inspected the TV and found out that it has a common Interface (CI)....Please I need help on how to Make the Channels work....any help will be highly appreciated.... Thanks Guys!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2019
davodyguy:

Advanced encryption took place immediately after Wimbledon 2019 on Sunday.

For Tiger, Range, Hellobox V5 and all other Auto Roll PowerVU to work, they need updated software.

Here's the truth.

The owners of AFN that chose PowerVu Verimatrix encryption in place of stronger encryption mode like Conax Videoguard, Viaccess, Cryptoguard, Betacrypt and others being used by DSTV, Canalsat, Startimes are not unaware that the protocol can be broken and being broken. But why they chose PowerVu Verimatrix which are cheaper is known to them. They regularly update the keys and their 2018 upgrade made it impossible for Strong decoders and other Sunplus decoders to even decode them, despite manually entering the keys. This called for improvement with newer decoders like Tiger, elephant, Range T20 with capabilities of Auto rolling frequent key changes.

But the recent upgrade as soon as Wimbledon ended, took effect late Monday and the result was seen yesterday worldwide on all satellites where AFN is being offered.
Thanks for the update. @ abohwun you need to do something shap shap for our lovely tiger to remain competative!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by martinz1: 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2019
Maximanuel2:
Hello Guys... I'm a Newbie in Satellite and Cable TV Technology... So I got this Bush TV..it has an inbuilt tuner/decoder....After searching on it.. I got 50 Channels...out of the 50 channels WWE,e.tv, National Geographic and Dunamis were showing well..NTA,Ebony Life, CNN,AIT, Channels and ABS Awka were playing sound but showing me "INVALID FORMAT" on the screen..this was 4 days ago...but now None of them is playing,except NTA which is playing only sound and still displaying "INVALID FORMAT" on the screen....all the Other Channels are now writing "NO CI MODULE" and after some research, I learnt about Conditional Access Module (CAM) and I inspected the TV and found out that it has a common Interface (CI)....Please I need help on how to Make the Channels work....any help will be highly appreciated.... Thanks Guys!
did you track with a satellite dish?,if you your TV only has dtv which can not be used?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Maximanuel2(m): 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2019
martinz1:
did you track with a satellite dish?,if you your TV only has dtv which can not be used?
Satellite Dish? Do I need a Satellite dish to use the inbuilt DTV Tuner? I thought Maybe I just needed a CAM Module and a smart card.. Or probably another solution which I don't know about yet..but Satellite dish? I'm kind of Skeptical about it bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ndakwoimran(m): 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2019
Good day everyone. After exhausting the 3month free iptv account on SRT 4950H , is it possible to get a new account . Kindly reply if you have idea
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2019
Maximanuel2:

Satellite Dish? Do I need a Satellite dish to use the inbuilt DTV Tuner? I thought Maybe I just needed a CAM Module and a smart card.. Or probably another solution which I don't know about yet..but Satellite dish? I'm kind of Skeptical about it bro
What you got are Startimes channels and it's even possible to get Gotv as well. The two Paytvs are available as Digital terrestrial television (DTT or DTTV).

Your TV is advanced based on the Tuner inbuilt. That tuner is almost similar (not exactly same) with the Startimes and Gotv decoders. Those channels are encrypted and not FTA. For you to view them, you need to get the decoders

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2019
ndakwoimran:
Good day everyone. After exhausting the 3month free iptv account on SRT 4950H , is it possible to get a new account . Kindly reply if you have idea
There are several IPTV premium accounts available
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Maximanuel2(m): 7:25pm On Jul 17, 2019
davodyguy:

What you got are Startimes channels and it's even possible to get Gotv as well. The two Paytvs are available as Digital terrestrial television (DTT or DTTV).

Your TV is advanced based on the Tuner inbuilt. That tuner is almost similar (not exactly same) with the Startimes and Gotv decoders. Those channels are encrypted and not FTA. For you to view them, you need to get the decoders

So I can't get a CAM MODULE and then buy their smart card and subscribe
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2019
Maximanuel2:

So I can't get a CAM MODULE and then buy their smart card and subscribe
This, I don't know.

Cos most of them 'marry' their decoders with smartcards. The other DTT is Gotv which doesn't use smartcards, but IUC numbers embedded in the system of the decoder

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Maximanuel2(m): 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
davodyguy:

This, I don't know.

Cos most of them 'marry' their decoders with smartcards. The other DTT is Gotv which doesn't use smartcards, but IUC numbers embedded in the system of the decoder

Wow...OK..Tanks Boss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chukwuchebe1993: 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2019
mbuaba:
eutelsat 7e ku
tracking frequency pls.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chukwuchebe1993: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2019
philipbash:
nigcomsat direction
the channel is not working on nigcomsat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
Can MBC 7W be tracked using Cband LNB on 2.4m dish? If yes, please I need the TPs.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2019
IYGEAL:
Can MBC 7W be tracked using Cband LNB on 2.4m dish? If yes, please I need the TPs.

no sir
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2019
umbo:

no sir

Okay bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blackmantis: 6:37am On Jul 18, 2019
chukwuchebe1993:
the channel is not working on nigcomsat

TP
Freq: 11559
Polarization: V
Symbol Rate: 30000

1st track nigcomsat

while in the same position, input the above tp

bring your dish down slightly

you will hit green

blind scan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freshclean777(m): 11:03am On Jul 18, 2019
Please everyone. I need Powersat decoder Master key
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2019
Please, Where is elephant decoder website? Or where their softwares can been downloaded, @big Sam, abohun, ras-kush, manbrik and others
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Saintmaker01(m): 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
Please where can one get Tiger decoder ?

davodyguy:

For Tiger, Range, Hellobox V5 and all other Auto Roll PowerVU to work, they need updated software.

Here's the truth.

The owners of AFN that chose PowerVu Verimatrix encryption in place of stronger encryption mode like Conax Videoguard, Viaccess, Cryptoguard, Betacrypt and others being used by DSTV, Canalsat, Startimes are not unaware that the protocol can be broken and being broken. But why they chose PowerVu Verimatrix which are cheaper is known to them. They regularly update the keys and their 2018 upgrade made it impossible for Strong decoders and other Sunplus decoders to even decode them, despite manually entering the keys. This called for improvement with newer decoders like Tiger, elephant, Range T20 with capabilities of Auto rolling frequent key changes.

But the recent upgrade as soon as Wimbledon ended, took effect late Monday and the result was seen yesterday worldwide on all satellites where AFN is being offered.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freshclean777(m): 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
Star X, X1 master key, please. �
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nafizzey(m): 8:27pm On Jul 19, 2019
is digicom 9000 HD decoder very good for FTA!?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
Nafizzey:
is digicom 9000 HD decoder very good for FTA!?

of course yes

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chukwuchebe1993: 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
blackmantis:

TP Freq: 11559 Polarization: V Symbol Rate: 30000
1st track nigcomsat
while in the same position, input the above tp
bring your dish down slightly
you will hit green
blind scan
thanks bro, one love ✌
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mbuaba: 9:18am On Jul 20, 2019
PLS any one with unique sat1111hd patch menu code should help please is urgent
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2019
davodyguy:

Verimatrix is not broken ..The use of hashmode in powervu makes it difficult for some receivers to decode channel even with valid keys since hashmode changes time to time you will need updated software.. most boxes won't give support for this update..

davodyguy:

For Auto roll to work the receiver emulator needs valid EMM key in softcam.key file..to update ECM key. it seems like the provider emm key / auto roll keys has expired; end of the road @ the moment!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2019
odilibe:

Verimatrix is not broken ..The use of hashmode in powervu makes it difficult for some receivers to decode channel even with valid keys since hashmode changes time to time you will need updated software.. most boxes won't give support for this update..

For Auto roll to work the receiver emulator needs valid EMM key in softcam.key file..to update ECM key. it seems like the provider emm key / auto roll keys has expired; end of the road @ the moment!
We're saying typically the same thing.

It's been end of the road for Strong decoders since 2018, as well as the early Sunplus decoders, to the extent that manually inputting keys failed to decode, until we changed to the Advanced boxes like Range T20, Tiger decoders, Hellobox etc with Auto roll capabilities.

But at the moment virtually all decoders have gone south, we're hoping that at least Tiger can offer an update to crack the system and hopefully Sunplus team as well. But as you said, which I kinda agree with, some manufacturers may not roll out software, meaning that's the end of the boxes in people's possession when it comes to AFN.

Qsat and Strong decoders are good examples of how manufacturers can fail to update boxes, leading to their end

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2019
IYGEAL:
Yes,check my profile and email me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2019
mbuaba:
Try 8888
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2019
Truthfirst:

I am in Osogbo. The contact you left is not correct. I called the line.
that is my line you can call or whatsapp me on that same number ((08132581046) or better still whatsapp me on the same number 08132581046
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2019
Is there power pack for spider ic?
Odilibe,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nafizzey(m): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2019
umbo:

of course yes
does it support biss keys, power vu and auto roll?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinis09: 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2019
mbuaba:
I use same decoder, here is the code 9878

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1945) (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.