Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1952) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5451645 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by martinz1: 11:34am On Aug 02, 2019
Nafizzey:
Its like u dont understand me, My dish already came with lnb on it and it's not getting Grande sport signal, must i buy another lnb before i get Grande sport signals?
U need like three lnb or more, to get multiple satellite,
Mind u some tstv channels are inconsistent and not promised,

Nigcomsat
Joy TV
Tstv
16•E
To get all these u need 4 lnb

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nafizzey(m): 12:09pm On Aug 02, 2019
martinz1:

Nigcomsat
Joy TV
Tstv
16•E
alright pls, suggest to the name of the lnbs i will ask for in the market to track all channel s Thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by martinz1: 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nafizzey:
alright pls, suggest to the name of the lnbs i will ask for in the market to track all channel s Thank you
Just buy normal k,u lnb, there are so many, all does the same job, u will also need to buy a diseqc ,
Lnb around 800naira
Diseqc around 500naira

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gambus007(m): 2:23pm On Aug 02, 2019
martinz1:

Just buy normal k,u lnb, there are so many, all does the same job, u will also need to buy a diseqc ,
Lnb around 800naira
Diseqc around 500naira
Please, Do you know any good installer within Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gmaribel(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nafizzey:

You need to get the services of an installer.....

If you don't know about lnb's, it will be difficult for you to understand how to diseq the properly skewed lnb's aligned to the bird you want to nail.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2019
gambus007:

Please, Do you know any good installer within Abuja?
Holla me on 07037446936 .I stay in lugbe airport road.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gambus007(m): 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2019
sunene1:
Holla me on 07037446936 .I stay in lugbe airport road.
Good..i will call u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nafizzey(m): 8:55pm On Aug 02, 2019
martinz1:

Lnb around 800naira
Diseqc around 500naira
Thanks do i need lnb holder..?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:17am On Aug 03, 2019
Nafizzey:
Thanks do i need lnb holder..?
Oga go to any satellite shop and they will find installer for you.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zevous: 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2019
martinz1:

Nigcomsat
Joy TV
Tstv
16•E

Who can help me with this kind of setup? Quote with with your price. I'm in Lagos, Ikotun/Igando
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nafizzey(m): 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Oga go to any satellite shop and they will find installer for you.
Thanks Brother for the advice, but i want to learn too and be doing it for my self..that's why am here
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2019
Nafizzey:
Thanks Brother for the advice, but i want to learn too and be doing it for my self..that's why am here

its practically impossible to learn it from here ,find an installer near you to begin it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 4:14pm On Aug 03, 2019
umbo:

its practically impossible to learn it from here ,find an installer near you to begin it
i learnt everything here on this very thread. So imposibility is not really it. Let him read up and then do some practice then ask questions, look at some uploaded pics, read up some more with more and more practical time. The watchword is endurance and dedication-he will overcome it except it is not his calling to 'Do It Himself'.

4 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2019
iykmora:
i learnt everything here on this very thread. So imposibility is not really it. Let him read up and then do some practice then ask questions, look at some uploaded pics, read up some more with more and more practical time. The watchword is endurance and dedication-he will overcome it except it is not his calling to 'Do It Himself'.

u can not learn everything here ,except you want to be "Tstv and Nigcomsat" installer only,
installation technique and application is vast more that you know
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nonut: 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2019
umbo:

u can not learn everything here ,except you want to be "Tstv and Nigcomsat" installer only,
He's right bro. Some of the people in this thread learnt almost everything here.
It's not rocket science.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesope04(m): 4:55pm On Aug 03, 2019
umbo:

I learnt everything here. Combining lnbs, tracking AFN on 90cm, cctv5 when it reigned, I'm not even gonna mention 45e, 42e, 28e, 26e, 16e, 9e, 7e, 4.9e, 3w and 8w. All these on my dishes that ranges from 60m to 1m. I will start trying cband when I eventually get a bigger dish. I bought a Satfinder which most acclaimed installers don't even have. Anybody can learn here if they are smart enough. Mind you, you were once my installer oh.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 5:01pm On Aug 03, 2019
I learnt most things from here. Including motorized, cband, multiple lnb etc. Experience and research expanded my knowledge.
I have taught many people now.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2019
jamesope04:
I learnt everything here. Combining lnbs, tracking AFN on 90cm, cctv5 when it reigned, I'm not even gonna mention 45e, 42e, 28e, 26e, 16e, 9e, 7e, 4.9e, 3w and 8w. All these on my dishes that ranges from 60m to 1m. I will start trying cband when I eventually get a bigger dish. I bought a Satfinder which most acclaimed installers don't even have. Anybody can learn here if they are smart enough. Mind you, you were once my installer oh.

from Amuloko abi ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 5:20pm On Aug 03, 2019
nonut:

He's right bro. Some of the people in this thread learnt almost everything here.
It's not rocket science.
thank you bro. I no dey in d mood to argue, so i go just leave am like that. Imagine the ref to nigcomsat and tstv. I remember one installer wey dey form rambo on just dstv and multitv until i show am how to track irib tv3 on my 90cm dish with little improvisation, d guy come gentle. There is nothing one cannot achieve if you put ur mind to it. Patience on reading vastly with dedication and asking d right questions, and you are good to go.

4 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nafizzey(m): 5:41pm On Aug 03, 2019
jamesope04:
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nafizzey(m): 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2019
iykmora:
God bless you my Brother,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2019
Nafizzey:
God bless you my Brother,
Start by installing single lnb on sats with high signal eg DStv, Astra 2f, etc
Any problem you encounter, let's know.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by harizonal123(m): 6:02pm On Aug 03, 2019
martinz1:

Nigcomsat
Joy TV
Tstv
16•E
Pls do u have pix of these 4 lnb set up. The one u posted is not it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nonut: 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2019
iykmora:
thank you bro. I no dey in d mood to argue, so i go just leave am like that. Imagine the ref to nigcomsat and tstv. I remember one installer wey dey form rambo on just dstv and multitv until i show am how to track irib tv3 on my 90cm dish with little improvisation, d guy come gentle. There is nothing one cannot achieve if you put ur mind to it. Patience on reading vastly with dedication and asking d right questions, and you are good to go.
The guy is probably an installer.
They hate it when you learn their work and you're not an installer. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sholey4love: 7:56pm On Aug 03, 2019
House, please I need you assistance on how I can track tstv on Nigcomsat. I already tracked Nigcomsat using satalite meter but tstv is giving problem. I have tried all means but all to no avail. I will like if you can send me a picture of yours and frequency and lnb position. Here is the one I did in in the picture below.
Nigcomsat at the bottom while tstv at the top but not working.
Thanks

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesmac1(m): 8:42pm On Aug 03, 2019
sholey4love:
House, please I need you assistance on how I can track tstv on Nigcomsat. I already tracked Nigcomsat using satalite meter but tstv is giving problem. I have tried all means but all to no avail. I will like if you can send me a picture of yours and frequency and lnb position. Here is the one I did in in the picture below.
Thanks
TSTV has been off all day. Just back now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2019
Hello sholey4love,
Just place the lnbf you are using to track TSTv at that position where I circled with red on the image below. The signal will surely pop up and if it do then adjust the lnbf to the position where you are receiving the maximum signal. Happy tracking and best of luck.

Note: This is achievable if TSTv is on air.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nafizzey(m): 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2019
Ameboperoo:

Start by installing single lnb on sats with high signal eg DStv, Astra 2f, etc
Any problem you encounter, let's know.
Thank you Sir, I'm curremtly using single lnb on satellite Astra 3A/3b (23.5E) on a dstv dish , am getting few channels ( approx 30), No any indian movie channel, No Channels TV or AIT, no foreign news channels like alzajeera, France. 24 nor any good Sport channels.. It's Kinda boring now

my desire is to get some of those channels mentioned above and other exciting channels to enjoy FTA to the fullest . I will buy additional lnbs as suggested. I'm Cheered
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nafizzey(m): 10:28pm On Aug 03, 2019
martinz1:

Nigcomsat
Joy TV
Tstv
16•E
Can a KU LNB only track track tstv, Joy TV and 16° east?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by martinz1: 11:04pm On Aug 03, 2019
sholey4love:
Thanks
Ur lnb skew should b the same with the nigcomsat i.e 9.o clock or so,
And that Ur lnb holder might not allow u to hit it right since it can't allow u to turn the lnb upwards or downwards axis
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by martinz1: 11:14pm On Aug 03, 2019
Nafizzey:
Can a KU LNB only track track tstv, Joy TV and 16° east?
These are three different satellite u need three lnbs, just like the one in Ur dstv dish they are all ku lnb,
U can call an installer in ur locality if u can't track them
But if u insist on doing it urself,
U can get the materials and flip the page backwards on this thread, ,will see pics and instructions , and with current tps ,symbol rates etc, wear face cap because of sun or when u climb grin

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by martinz1: 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2019
Nafizzey:
Thank you Sir, I'm curremtly using single lnb on satellite Astra 3A/3b (23.5E) on a dstv dish , am getting few channels ( approx 30), No any indian movie channel, No Channels TV or AIT, no foreign news channels like alzajeera, France. 24 nor any good Sport channels.. It's Kinda boring now

my desire is to get some of those channels mentioned above and other exciting channels to enjoy FTA to the fullest . I will buy additional lnbs as suggested. I'm Cheered

Fta and paid TV are a little different oo,
Fta is take whatever u r given,,, while paid TV is. Pay for what you want, grin
But all the channels u mentioned are available on tstv and multi TV aka joytv

(1) (2) (3) ... (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.