Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2010) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5434025 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 6:09am On Jan 27, 2020
Goodmorning house.Is there any information in respect to the date when Mytv will be back.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 8:02am On Jan 27, 2020
Due to a conflict with the satellite capacity provider over commercial terms,My TV services have been temporarily suspended.

Management is working diligently at getting My TV services back up and running over coming hours,possibly on a different satellite,with more relevance to My TV viewers.
Please accept our apologies for the resulting inconvenience.

We thank you for your understanding and patience
My Tv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 4:34pm On Jan 27, 2020
Update on mytv

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 4:39pm On Jan 27, 2020
MyTv should just relocate to multiTv position or NaijaComsat position
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2020
Cormung:
Frankly speaking, I don't know much about these technologies but not long ago I decided to buy a new set-top box for my tv. I'm tending to buy a Linux based stb on switchonshop but still I want to gather more opinions and testimonials.

My candid advice, stay away from Linux boxes if you are not well knowledgeable in computer & satellite stuffs. It favours mostly european beams. Typical box like tiger, starsat, csat, starmax etc., will give you more joy than you could ever get from the constant tweaking of third party plugin ipks you will get from Linux box.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:15pm On Jan 27, 2020
krasican:
Due to a conflict with the satellite capacity provider over commercial terms,My TV services have been temporarily suspended.

Management is working diligently at getting My TV services back up and running over coming hours,possibly on a different satellite,with more relevance to My TV viewers.
Please accept our apologies for the resulting inconvenience.

We thank you for your understanding and patience
My Tv
They better go to 28° E or 42.5°E

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam0: 11:01pm On Jan 27, 2020
[quote author=bbally post=86109979]please I need an insight on how to watch two different satellites joined together with diseqc but using splitter to split the end signal cable to two different decoders. e.g I want to watch joytv in the sitting room while the kid want nicklendeon on 9e at the same time without loosing signal on either side.[/quote
Once u are already with 2 decoders what u nid is dual lnb for each of d dish that u want u children to be watching in their bedroom]
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2020
[quote author=lamtam0 post=86164246][/quote]

Two way output lnb is d best bet
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 11:30pm On Jan 27, 2020
sauceEEP:
Is mytv back? Mine is still red.... lipsrsealed
Migrating to another sat .

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 2:02pm On Jan 28, 2020
davodyguy:

Here's an update on the performance of my dish.
After many suggestions on NL, on Saturday we decided to try couple of things out.

First called my installer to discuss the strategy, cos the guy is one of the best ever installer operating in Nigeria. We started together from those days of Analog on Arabsat 30 degrees East, those days of no sat finders, that we had to use TV for tracking Nilesat as early as the days of ABG in the early 90s.

We tried the single way Inverto, but it gave same outcome as the 2 way StarGold fuji.
He had to return the StarGold fuji and did few adjustment and we gained about 3%.
He then suggested we should clean the dish and repaint, cos the paint on the refurbished dish was wearing out after only getting it in October, 2019

We painted and did further adjustment and everything seems good now since Sunday.

One thing is that, the dish is motorized and we can't compare performance of motorized dish with a static dish. Static positioned dish will have more gain on the satellite being used as primary, but it limits what you can receive, no matter the number of lnbs you attach on a static dish.

With motorized dish I can receive nothing less than 20 satellites, with my 36 inches Heavy duty Jack that rises from 56 degrees east to 30 degrees west. Hence from Hellas Sat 39 E to Hispasat on the west, motorized dish is well covered.

I'll continue to watch the performance as we approach the raining season and probably get the two way Inverto Ultra
Pls oga David pls did experience both v and h greater reduction on hotbird b4 u get the solutions.
.pls i need ur number to ask further questions, I'm having the same problem here. my 10992 v 27500 reduced to 76 from 89% around 5pm and come back to 86% 9am.
Pls I need help. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2020
I need help on my 4m dish ooo...pls guru in the house kindly help me. it is a used 4m fibre dish over a yr n half now. I refurbish d dish a yr ago but problem start last year dec.
Problems;
My 10992v27500 reduce from 89% to 76% exactly 5pm and come back to normal 89% when it is 9am. I ve tried all possible best but no solution.
What I ve done so far:
1. changed lnb stargold 4ways to anoda
2. wash the dish
3. changed cable to original copper to copper
4.checked the arm.

plsssaa help me i
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2020
Face of the dish...I need ur help oooo. As the sats reduced greatly at nite...some will be red. 1.hotbird 2.9e 3. nilesat 4.and many more. plsssaa help

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2020
The paint has really wear off...not glossy again and there is a raised fiber at the centre. I need ur professional advice ooooo

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 2:59pm On Jan 28, 2020
IT4ALL:

Pls oga David pls did experience both v and h greater reduction on hotbird b4 u get the solutions.
.pls i need ur number to ask further questions, I'm having the same problem here. my 10992 v 27500 reduced to 76 from 89% around 5pm and come back to 86% 9am.
Pls I need help. thanks

I will try to see how we can assist on this
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2020
IT4ALL:
I need help on my 4m dish ooo...pls guru in the house kindly help me. it is a used 4m fibre dish over a yr n half now. I refurbish d dish a yr ago but problem start last year dec.
Problems;
My 10992v27500 reduce from 89% to 76% exactly 5pm and come back to normal 89% when it is 9am. I ve tried all possible best but no solution.
What I ve done so far:
1. changed lnb stargold 4ways to anoda
2. wash the dish
3. changed cable to original copper to copper
4.checked the arm.

plsssaa help me i

Is the dish motorized or static?

Also, this needs to be painted. Painted mine using a white paint that cost about N4,000 (not sure if its Emulsion or Gloss but one was cheaper and I bought the expensive one.

The foil paper is already showing. You need to paint now in Dry season

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 3:06pm On Jan 28, 2020
davodyguy:

Is the dish motorized or static?

Also, this needs to be painted. Painted mine using a white paint that cost about N4,000 (not sure if its Emulsion or Gloss but one was cheaper and I bought the expensive one.

The foil paper is already showing. You need to paint now in Dry season
God bless u...
I need ur whatsapp no
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2020
IT4ALL:

God bless u...
I need ur whatsapp no
Send me PM
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam0: 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2020
IT4ALL:
The paint has really wear off...not glossy again and there is a raised fiber at the centre. I need ur professional advice ooooo
When it happens to me I used every day of my life to work on it not until I get d focal point of the dish I get rest
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TSHIRT2: 11:16pm On Jan 28, 2020
lamtam0:

When it happens to me I used every day of my life to work on it not until I get d focal point of the dish I get rest
how did u resolve the issue of focal point, any specific length for 4m and 4.4m
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 6:25am On Jan 29, 2020
Boss...ow did u get the focal length of the dish o....oya boss.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam: 7:31am On Jan 29, 2020
IT4ALL:
Boss...ow did u get the focal length of the dish o....oya boss.
I just they play with focal point by bending it to one side and monitor it through out that day if doing same thing i will bend it again to another place untill I get d right place for it not a day job bros

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adeyemi09(m): 9:31am On Jan 29, 2020
house pls I need help seriously on mounting of SRT 4950H, I have assembled the dish and mount it but my signal will only pop up to 68% and disappear no quality strength all at

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 10:44am On Jan 29, 2020
Adeyemi09:
house pls I need help seriously on mounting of SRT 4950H, I have assembled the dish and mount it but my signal will only pop up to 68% and disappear no quality strength all at

That's how d decoder was manufactured. But one you get signal . It will show both quality and signal .
Get a good installer to help you get signal .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 10:47am On Jan 29, 2020
H264 and H265 are channels system, mean u cant use H264 box to watch a channel broadcasting with H265 video system
Take note, csat c8 pro is H265 box, csat c8 pro+ is H265 multistream box both box have 1GB ram plus 8MB memory both box use same software, super sensitive signal tuner, high FEC and weak signal friendly as all users confirm it.
The only difference between the two box is multistream function , which csat c8 pro+ has over ther other.
The box is available and cheaper at one digit . You could get it . 08056554569 for yours

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam: 10:50am On Jan 29, 2020
Adeyemi09:
do a blind scan. if u enter d tp manually quality may not pop up unless u are blind scan it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 11:01am On Jan 29, 2020
Adeyemi09:

if u are an installer u would have known that that is how d decoder was manufactured just like 4945 model
use another decoder to track or use a sat finder to get green and re connect to ur set up ,signal will appear and d it quality
note ,,,,,, that strong models are not designed for tracking ,,,,,God blesss

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adeyemi09(m): 11:38am On Jan 29, 2020
Thanks all for quick respond. all info noted
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojolfc(m): 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2020
Ismy5000:
H264 and H265 are channels system, mean u cant use H264 box to watch a channel broadcasting with H265 video system
Take note, csat c8 pro is H265 box, csat c8 pro+ is H265 multistream box both box have 1GB ram plus 8MB memory both box use same software, super sensitive signal tuner, high FEC and weak signal friendly as all users confirm it.
The only difference between the two box is multistream function , which csat c8 pro+ has over ther other.
The box is available and cheaper at one digit . You could get it . 08056554569 for yours

Pls What is the price for the two box

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
Ismy5000:

Thumb up for the review.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2020
13 41 44 98 25 AC DF B0
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2020
ManirBK:
13 41 44 98 25 AC DF B0
For??

(1) (2) (3) ... (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)