Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,026 members, 7,838,576 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5462379 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cleanman(m): 9:49am On Oct 10, 2012
Samsung To Offer Free Satellite TV
To Africa by jidsoon: 10:46am On Oct 09
Korean eletronics giant Samsung will
begin selling television sets in selected
African markets that come bundled with
a satellite tuner that will allow
consumers to watch a free television
bouquet of more than 60 channels provided by satellite operator SES.
The LED-backlit LCD flat-panel TVs, known
as the Samsung LED TV Free Satellite, will
be available to consumers in Nigeria,
Ghana, Senegal, the Ivory Coast, the
Democratic Republic of Congo and Cameroon in the third quarter of this
year.
A Samsung spokesman wasn’t
immediately able to say when or even if
the service will be available in SA.
The company says in a statement that it hopes to bring more channels to more
African regions in 2013 with a new
satellite from SES to be used for this
project.
Through its agreement with SES,
Samsung says it will provide approximately 30 English channels and
more than 30 French channels to
television viewers.
Christoph Limmer, SES’s senior director
of marketing development and
marketing in Africa, says the deal with Samsung will bring digital content to
more African consumers and encourage
African broadcasters to launch more
free-to-air content in the region.
“In serving more than 40 African
countries, we are well aware of the huge demand for greater services —
both quality and quantity,” says Limmer.
— Staff reporter, TechCentral http://www.techcentral.co.za/
samsung-to-offer-free-satellite-tv-to-
africa/30488/
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2012
there is currently no audio from viasat1
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
Cleanman: Samsung To Offer Free Satellite TV
To Africa by jidsoon: 10:46am On Oct 09
Korean eletronics giant Samsung will
begin selling television sets in selected
African markets that come bundled with
a satellite tuner that will allow
consumers to watch a free television
bouquet of more than 60 channels provided by satellite operator SES.
The LED-backlit LCD flat-panel TVs, known
as the Samsung LED TV Free Satellite, willi
be available to consumers in Nigeria,
Ghana, Senegal, the Ivory Coast, the
Democratic Republic of Congo and Cameroon in the third quarter of this
year.
A Samsung spokesman wasn’t
immediately able to say when or even if
the service will be available in SA.
The company says in a statement that it hopes to bring more channels to more
African regions in 2013 with a new
satellite from SES to be used for this
project.
Through its agreement with SES,
Samsung says it will provide approximately 30 English channels and
more than 30 French channels to
television viewers.
Christoph Limmer, SES’s senior director
of marketing development and
marketing in Africa, says the deal with Samsung will bring digital content to
more African consumers and encourage
African broadcasters to launch more
free-to-air content in the region.
“In serving more than 40 African
countries, we are well aware of the huge demand for greater services —
both quality and quantity,” says Limmer.
— Staff reporter, TechCentral http://www.techcentral.co.za/
samsung-to-offer-free-satellite-tv-to.......wonderful news,thank you

africa/30488/
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2012
Dstv go gree with the ses and samsung partnership?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2012
Ikiriye: Dstv go gree with the ses and samsung partnership?

I wonder oooo. We siddon dey look with fingers crossed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 9:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
blexxonmak:
oga pidzo,pls which cable should i use.The decoder is 4663x
@Oladat. Pidzo was talking about RS232 cable.See attached pictures.
use females .....5 is ground ....twist 2 and 3....2 is receive and 3 is transmit.....reverse 2 and 3 on the other end ....while 5 is straight thru .Just 3 wires are enough....2,3,5
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 9:50pm On Oct 10, 2012
Manipulation of the audio button on 4669xii doesn't help any in resolving sound issues on eGhana on Amos5. I guess eGhana have to take care of that at their end except if there are some guys getting sound loud and clear.

Second. Viasat1 doesn't come up when 12552v19631 on Astra2b is scanned. Is it on right now?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
Jackobite: on your remote u will see audio button press and use ur volume button to adjust it to left or right.
Thanks for your respond i have do as you said, but no audio yet; Plz guru help me out egahna showing but no audio. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 10:23pm On Oct 10, 2012
lovala: Manipulation of the audio button on 4669xii doesn't help any in resolving sound issues on eGhana on Amos5. I guess eGhana have to take care of that at their end except if there are some guys getting sound loud and clear.

Second. Viasat1 doesn't come up when 12552v19631 on Astra2b is scanned. Is it on right now?
NO its gone, show for a day.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:35pm On Oct 10, 2012
@ All, I greet everyone in this honourable house with peace and love. It is true as George_D said it that none of the Eastern member did requested for the testing of the lnbf(s). Not that I'm not interested for the testing of those lnbf(s) but because I have sold my 2.4m prime focus dish which was hookedup on nilesat. Secondly I'm out of town and to return back by ending of next week. Due to dissapointment I had from a guy whom I suppose to purchase a second hand offset fiber dish (2.4m), I have dicided to turn my tore 2.5m mesh dish to solid one which will be used on nilesat until I get what I'm looking for. I tried to call Auch immediately I read Olenyi and George_D's post but his line was not going through. Maybe he is out of the town too. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 12:07am On Oct 11, 2012
Sorry for drawing u guyz back. Pls can someone show me a picture of w3c or point me 2 where I can find one?stevechyke42@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 6:48am On Oct 11, 2012
greetings to this honourable house!pls has anyone track arabsat@30e in lagos lately and wats the strongest tp for tracking..also is mbc still active on badr?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:13am On Oct 11, 2012
Ikiriye and others you can now add turksat to steam of satellite available to us

Astanco go to google Nairaland and learn or move close to people that are professional in this field.with that you can learn so many things. Hope thatwont change my name today.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 9:52am On Oct 11, 2012
obnelly: Ikiriye and others you can now add turksat to steam of satellite available to us

Astanco go to google Nairaland and learn or move close to people that are professional in this field.with that you can learn so many things. Hope thatwont change my name today.
I have tried that,bt d result wasnt encouraging. As for professionals,arnt u one of them?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2012
@D.lee,
I think Ikiriye's test results covers majority of the east and since your dish is not in order
there's even no way you can put those LNBs into any meaningful use if we forward them to you.

Not to worry though, there will be other opportunities for you to participate in future trials
when the time comes.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2012
D.lee:
@ All, I greet everyone in this honourable house with peace and love. It is true as George_D said it that none of the Eastern member did requested for the testing of the lnbf(s). Not that I'm not interested for the testing of those lnbf(s) but because I have sold my 2.4m prime focus dish which was hookedup on nilesat. Secondly I'm out of town and to return back by ending of next week. Due to dissapointment I had from a guy whom I suppose to purchase a second hand offset fiber dish (2.4m), I have dicided to turn my tore 2.5m mesh dish to solid one which will be used on nilesat until I get what I'm looking for. I tried to call Auch immediately I read Olenyi and George_D's post but his line was not going through. Maybe he is out of the town too. Thanks.

I specifically ask for those in the south east but no one responded so ph and Lagos carried the day
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 12:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
Malawi’s Broadcasting Boom

Malawians on their way to work in the morning or eating supper home in the evening will soon be struggling with a new and decidedly tricky problem - which of the myriad TV and radio stations to choose.

For years, Malawians have had little choice - and under the authoritarian regime of former president, Bingu wa Mutharika, there seemed little chance of many new stations being allowed to broadcast. But as with so many things in Malawi, Mutharika's death has paved the way for radical change.

Astonishingly, the Malawi Communications Regulatory Authority (MACRA) has just awarded not one or two but fifteen new radio and TV licences to prospective broadcasters, who had applied for the licenses two years ago.

The announcement of names of successful broadcasters comes barely a week after the Malawi Chapter of the Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA-Malawi) wrote to MACRA expressing concern on the delays in granting broadcasting licenses.

Currently, Malawi boast just one public and two religious television stations but these will soon be joined by the new broadcasters, including Times Television, a subsidiary of The Times Group; Zodiak Broadcasting Station; Chancellor College Community; Adventist; Timveni; Good News and Beta TV.

Some of the applicants that have been awarded radio broadcasting licenses are Central African Presbyterian Synods of Blantyre, Nkhoma and Livingstonia; Chancellor College Community; Matindi; Mwandama and Bua FM.

The Minister of Information, Moses Kunkuyu, said that liberalisation of the broadcasting industry was one of the less publicised goals of the new Joyce Banda administration.

"It is a clear manifestation that government has set its priority towards empowering Malawians through information knowledge. Government will ensure that diversity of views in the media is guaranteed. One way of doing this will be the continued granting of broadcasting licences to independent television and radio stations," said Kunkuyu.

The minister further explained that the prospective broadcasters are expected to roll out within twelve months for television and six months for radio.

Commenting on this development, MISA-Malawi Chairperson, Anthony Kasunda, applauded the government for promoting media freedom and media pluralism. He was also quick to ask media houses to roll out their services within the scheduled time to prevent their licences from being revoked - and to stress that this development would create employment for media professionals

"This development is a key milestone in the history of broadcasting in Malawi," said Kasunda.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cleanman(m): 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ikiriye: Dstv go gree with the ses and samsung partnership?
they've got no choice..there is rm 4 fair competition and if dstv dnt like it,they can go kiss a naked wire....i forsee beta fta on that SES sat.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by THREASHOLD20: 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
WASSAMA TV FREQ,SR,POL AND SAT POSITION @ALL PLEASE!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2012
@ George_D and Ikiriye, you guys are correct though I was not asking for those lnbf(s) but I only tried to inform the house the reason why I didn't request for those precious gold. I tried Auch's line for me to know if he will indicate interest but all the same, maybe next time like George_D said earlier, we will do other test in time to come. Lastly I commend you guys including Odilibe for making provision of those lnbf(s). Viva FTA !
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2012
D.lee:
we will do other test in time to come. Lastly I commend you guys including Odilibe for making provision of those lnbf(s). Viva FTA !
@D.lee thanks for your commendations...there wiil always be a room for testing lnb(s) in time to come...seems like the 0.3dB noise fig, inverto red classic c120 quad with conversion gain of 55dB from test beats other lnbs on prime focus dish...come to think of it..there are other C120 flange lnbs from inverto that has better specification than red classic quad C120...with lower noise figure of 0.2dB higher conversation gain of 53~63dB(max),the inverto black pro c120 flange...this leaves a question mark ..Anyways thanks for your commendations. grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 7:48pm On Oct 11, 2012
D.lee:
@ George_D and Ikiriye, you guys are correct though I was not asking for those lnbf(s) but I only tried to inform the house the reason why I didn't request for those precious gold. I tried Auch's line for me to know if he will indicate interest but all the same, maybe next time like George_D said earlier, we will do other test in time to come. Lastly I commend you guys including Odilibe for making provision of those lnbf(s). Viva FTA !

Cool bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oladat(m): 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
Pls,can someone confirm if these channels on amos5 are showing on 4663x decoder;wassaman,hossana,tennere and hola tv.Thanks in advance
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 12:26pm On Oct 12, 2012
THREASHOLD20: WASSAMA TV FREQ,SR,POL AND SAT POSITION @ALL PLEASE!!!
Check Amos 5 on lyngsat for all those details. Type "Lungsat Amos 5" on goggle.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2012
Pyguru,u can ban me till thy kingdom com bt d fact is dt dis place is filld wit conceited pple wit bloated egos. This forum sucks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2012
Supersport HD 1 & MNET HD fta on w4/7
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2012
astanco: Pyguru,u can ban me till thy kingdom com bt d fact is dt dis place is filld wit conceited pple wit bloated egos. This forum sucks.
you are not deserve to be on this great forum, just because u ask 4 w3c pics and nobody care to reply u, should we give u what we don't have why cant u use the search engine on the forum to look 4 what u need, or u just want to be spoon feed.....with this altitude u can never learn anything in sat. find obnelly click on his post u will see what u are looking for.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 9:08pm On Oct 12, 2012
@ Adex70 thanks for saving my brother from heartbreaking of w3c, pls @ all nairaland is an expo for exams so if anybody ask 4 a questions let tried to provide something for them instead of teaching them how to track satellite becos they can't read from our heap of contribution of difft sat/innovations.here we read and practices what we read,and never backdown for anything until we hit {GREEN@97%}fta viva!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinsola118: 7:39am On Oct 13, 2012
Pls all,can i track any of d C band sat on my 1meter dish with an mpeg2 decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:56am On Oct 13, 2012
akinsola118: Pls all,can i track any of d C band sat on my 1meter dish with an mpeg2 decoder.
Yes it's possible but you will find it hard to get some transponders.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:11am On Oct 13, 2012
odilibe: @D.lee thanks for your commendations...there wiil always be a room for testing lnb(s) in time to come...seems like the 0.3dB noise fig, inverto red classic c120 quad with conversion gain of 55dB from test beats other lnbs on prime focus dish...come to think of it..there are other C120 flange lnbs from inverto that has better specification than red classic quad C120...with lower noise figure of 0.2dB higher conversation gain of 53~63dB(max),the inverto black pro c120 flange...this leaves a question mark ..Anyways thanks for your commendations. grin grin grin grin

@odilibe,
You really mean there are better inverto LNB specs than the beautiful red classic?!
If we can gain this much from just the red head I wonder what better things await us from the higher grades of LNBs?
Hmmmmmm! Looks like we'll be doing yet another round of testing sometime very soon!
Get ready to break the myth once more! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.