Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,045 members, 7,866,948 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:45 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5496906 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinsola118: 9:35am On Oct 13, 2012
Pidzo:
Yes it's possible but you will find it hard to get some transponders.
pls bro, wats d name of d sat i can track and d name of some gud channels on dem ? Tnx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 1:16pm On Oct 13, 2012
Adex70: you are not deserve to be on this great forum, just because u ask 4 w3c pics and nobody care to reply u, should we give u what we don't have why cant u use the search engine on the forum to look 4 what u need, or u just want to be spoon feed.....with this altitude u can never learn anything in sat. find obnelly click on his post u will see what u are looking for.

yeah I dnt deserve to be ìgnored jst because am nt GeorgeD,obnelly, Pidzo etc especially in a washedup forum lyk dis. Do u ever wonder y there are hardly newbies here these days? They re ignored and nobody wants 2 be ignored or insulted with bad English.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
honestly am having problem tracking w3c even after following the tracking fq giving here. even this morning i try to no success after tracking multi tv.

please is this fq currect 11024h03333 and 11800h30000 lnb at 4olock
pls help us na
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2012
Xpset: honestly am having problem tracking w3c even after following the tracking fq giving here. even this morning i try to no success after tracking multi tv.

please is this fq currect 11024h03333 and 11800h30000 lnb at 4olock dish size 80cm dstv type
pls help us na
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mide8e(m): 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2012
Plsssss, which FTA will show nigeria vs liberia, on w3c
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2012
astanco: yeah I dnt deserve to be ìgnored jst because am nt GeorgeD,obnelly, Pidzo etc especially in a washedup forum lyk dis. Do u ever wonder y there are hardly newbies here these days? They re ignored and nobody wants 2 be ignored or insulted with bad English.
Patience is a Virtue
Have the reading spirit ..researching on your on from past posts and before you know it you will be doing things better.Avoid tantrums on open forums
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2012
[quote author=Xpset][/quote]if i was you.i will first track amos5 using 11885v27500 once you have best signal strength input 10804 h 29999.and move your dish up there you are on eutelsat w3c.
I hope you get where you are getting it wrong.instead of you inputting 10804 you put 0 instead of 4.so dust your equipment and back to work.astranco if you are very smart you have what you are looking for in my epistle to xpset.happy tracking.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2012
George_D:

@odilibe,
You really mean there are better inverto LNB specs than the beautiful red classic?!
If we can gain this much from just the red head I wonder what better things await us from the higher grades of LNBs?
Hmmmmmm! Looks like we'll be doing yet another round of testing sometime very soon!
Get ready to break the myth once more! wink
yes...@George_D the inverto black pro range c120 lnb has a lower noise figure than inverto red classic C120...because of the difference in noise figure of this C120 lnb(s),The black pro C120 lnb...now on the future test list... grin grin
specifications...
INVERTO BLACK PRO TWIN C120...noise figure:0.2dB,conversion gain:55dB...
INVERTO BLACK PRO SINGLE.......noise figure:0.2dB,c0nversion gain:53~63dB
RED CLASSIC QUAD................noise figure:0.3dB Typ(0.7dB)max,conversion gain:55dB

This lnb specifications are listed @(www.inverto.tv).....

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2012
obnelly: if i was you.i will first track amos5 using 11885v27500 once you have best signal strength input 10804 h 29999.and move your dish up there you are on eutelsat w3c.
I hope you get where you are getting it wrong.instead of you inputting 10804 you put 0 instead of 4.so dust your equipment and back to work.astranco if you are very smart you have what you are looking for in my epistle to xpset.happy tracking.

am sori for my mumu question oh. if i want to track Amos 5 lnb should be skew to where. because am a newbie

thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pitodenz(m): 4:52am On Oct 14, 2012
Ikiriye where u able to hit hotbird in ph with any of the lnb's? Moreover the lnb test was suppose to end with a 2.4m solid dish,pls u guys should bear with me on my late comment.
Odilibe these lnb looks good,I hope they can perform well, looking at their wide bottom. There is these lnb I found out long time ago that performs magic,I think I have introduce it to ikiriye the performance is like magic even in offset dishes,the name is samsong,these guys here where abusing it on offset dishes cos the lnb will give u +10 of what any lnb can give u in offset,I have tried to convice the importer to import it again but he said its only when he travelled again but I manage to get limited quantity from him. Ikiriye I hope it was included in ur test? And I wonder how u conducted lnb test in ph without me am still the same.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 6:16am On Oct 14, 2012
Xpset:

am sori for my mumu question oh. if i want to track Amos 5 lnb should be skew to where. because am a newbie

thanks
Skew it similar to how you did it when trying to track W3C and you will fine tune it later when you hit green.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 6:18am On Oct 14, 2012
Eutelsat beefs up Middle East, North Africa broadcasting

Leading satellite operator Eutelsat has ordered a new satellite from Thales Alenia Space to enhance its operations in the Middle East and North Africa.

The new EUTELSAT 8 West B spacecraft will be launched in 2015 to 8° West, joining satellites already operated at the adjacent 7° West position by Eutelsat and the Egyptian satellite company, Nilesat.

EUTELSAT 8 West B satellite will be equipped with 40 operational Ku-band transponders and will also introduce a C-band mission to 8° West, with 10 operational transponders connected to footprints covering the African continent and reaching west as far as South America.For the 7/8° West neighbourhood, Eutelsat will redeploy an existing Ku-band satellite to 8° West in 2013. This will increase resources in advance of the launch of EUTELSAT 8 West B, enabling more broadcasters to benefit from a prime neighbourhood.

Broadcasting services from both positions, said to be one of the most dynamic in the global satellite TV market.

Eutelsat says that its additional capacity will meet further expansion in the market where capacity demand for video services is forecast to grow by 6.8% a year over the coming five years with HDTV channels expected to increase fourfold over the coming ten years.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 9:06am On Oct 14, 2012
pitodenz: Ikiriye where u able to hit hotbird in ph with any of the lnb's? Moreover the lnb test was suppose to end with a 2.4m solid dish,pls u guys should bear with me on my late comment.
Odilibe these lnb looks good,I hope they can perform well, looking at their wide bottom. There is these lnb I found out long time ago that performs magic,I think I have introduce it to ikiriye the performance is like magic even in offset dishes,the name is samsong,these guys here where abusing it on offset dishes cos the lnb will give u +10 of what any lnb can give u in offset,I have tried to convice the importer to import it again but he said its only when he travelled again but I manage to get limited quantity from him. Ikiriye I hope it was included in ur test? And I wonder how u conducted lnb test in ph without me am still the same.

Pito
Yes the Samson and echosat was added for the test and it performed also well.I called your line then but your number was not available even as am posting it is switched off. For hotbird I could not lay hands on 2.4m dish.hotbird in ph cannot be adequate even with 3.6m only rai channels came up steady with 48 percent.I think from 4.6m and above would do.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:35am On Oct 14, 2012
Turksat 3a 42e signal is 60% so far so good i have 3tps running.You must understand some turkish language to be able to enjoy this but dont worry trt3 and ntv spor is there for sport lovers but am not too sure the type of sport they are showing .watching lawn tennis now between murray and djokovic.if you like movies then e2 and cnbc-e is your best bet.

we need good lnbs to bring more off footprint signals to our door step.George,ikiriye and Odilibe what is the arrangement i cant wait to kill more off foot print birds.In the past we killed only nilesat but now we have more hispasat,nilesat,hotbird,badr,astra2a,zap package on 36e,and now turksat 3A .

viva fta more bird to die when those lnbs arrive. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lukbayo(m): 10:53am On Oct 14, 2012
Thanks for this information,what is the size of dish to track Turksat 3a.God bless you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 11:25am On Oct 14, 2012
@Odilibe. You got mail.Please reply asap.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pitodenz(m): 11:49am On Oct 14, 2012
Join us as we celebrate our Holy Matrimony(Wedding) btw Lynda and Ikenna Peter at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church Woliwo Onitsha. Date 20th October 2012. Time 9am. Reception follow after the mass at Woliwo Primary Sch beside the church premises. Lynda and Ikenna 2012
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2012
obnelly: Turksat 3a 42e signal is 60% so far so good i have 3tps running 10982 h 9600, 11096 h 30000 and 11054 h 30000 .You must understand some turkish language to be able to enjoy this but dont worry trt3 and ntv spor is there for sport lovers but am not too sure the type of sport they are showing .watching lawn tennis now between murray and djokovic.if you like movies then e2 and cnbc-e is your best bet.

we need good lnbs to bring more off footprint signals to our door step.George,ikiriye and Odilibe what is the arrangement i cant wait to kill more off foot print birds.In the past we killed only nilesat but now we have more hispasat,nilesat,hotbird,badr,astra2a,zap package on 36e,and now turksat 3A .

viva fta more bird to die when those lnbs arrive. grin

Oga Nelly,

My 3m fiber will finally arrive dis week grin grin kindly shine all your tools lets get it down this time around.. i am yanking off the 2.6m dish.... if u are around ibafo u can come and pick up for free....

meanwile am still thinking whether to motorize it or just have it fixed on hotbird alone.. we will determine that when u show up..

gracias
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2012
@Odilibe

those lnbs look sexy grin cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 1:41pm On Oct 14, 2012
astanco: yeah I dnt deserve to be ìgnored jst because am nt GeorgeD,obnelly, Pidzo etc especially in a washedup forum lyk dis. Do u ever wonder y there are hardly newbies here these days? They re ignored and nobody wants 2 be ignored or insulted with bad English.
Brother have u found someone to finally show u a dish facing w3c ?? Cos I see u have been all around the world searching. There are hardly newbies here these days because they are where people like u should be.......NEWBIES THREAD !!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2012
meanwile am still thinking whether to motorize it or just have it fixed on hotbird alone.. we will determine that when u show up..

gracias [/quote]

kenny it all depends on what we are looking for in motorised and fixed dish ,one fact about motorised is that you get all satellites but not full signal ,that is you tend to loss some signal on some satellite while others gain higher signal strength on fixed you concentrate all your efforts on a particular satellite and you achieve your objective.motorised tend to give more headache than fixed ,you enjoy motorised if you are a professional because once it moves from the arc you dont need any body to fix it back.

I am at your service anytime .just ring my mobile.Please handle your dish with care ,if it warped we may not get what we are looking for .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2012
Ibaku: Brother have u found someone to finally show u a dish facing w3c ?? Cos I see u have been all around the world searching. There are hardly newbies here these days because they are where people like u should be.......NEWBIES THREAD !!!
wen was d last tym u assisted pple on d newbies forum? Go 2 newbie forum dis or that I am nt that newbish,its jst a matter of having free time and nw I hv d tym am being ignored. Its not fair. Anyway my installer have taken care of it and also my 4k
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2012
@nelly

Noted

gracias grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 14, 2012
olenyi, d.lee and George_d, I could've declared interest for the eagles test. It's just that the thread runs faster than I can catch up (my schedules). My dish is hungry to shoot recklessly. As George have said, I think that the tests in other locations have ranked the lnbs alright because in satellite the signals in different locations might differ but the lnbs will rank same in all locations in Nigeria. I live in east with d.lee in same state and town. George, we hope to participate in future test and hunts.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2012
astanco: wen was d last tym u assisted pple on d newbies forum? Go 2 newbie forum dis or that I am nt that newbish,its jst a matter of having free time and nw I hv d tym am being ignored. Its not fair. Anyway my installer have taken care of it and also my 4k
astanco, Ibaku said it rightly. You may not understand but if such your question was asked in the newbie thread, you will get a quick reply. We all want to help but follow the rule.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 6:58pm On Oct 14, 2012
@OBNELLY
KINDLY CALL ME
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:19am On Oct 15, 2012
blexxonmak: @Odilibe. You got mail.Please reply asap.
blexxonmak ....what is the mail for ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 7:51am On Oct 15, 2012
odilibe: yes...@George_D the inverto black pro range c120 lnb has a lower noise figure than inverto red classic C120...because of the difference in noise figure of this C120 lnb(s),The black pro C120 lnb...now on the future test list... grin grin
specifications...
INVERTO BLACK PRO TWIN C120...noise figure:0.2dB,conversion gain:55dB...
INVERTO BLACK PRO SINGLE.......noise figure:0.2dB,c0nversion gain:53~63dB
RED CLASSIC QUAD................noise figure:0.3dB Typ(0.7dB)max,conversion gain:55dB

This lnb specifications are listed @(www.inverto.tv).....

@odilibe,
The inverto black pro single seems to be the better of the lot. However I'm not sure it will be fine with everybody given that it is a single output. If we can get the quad version of it I think we'll be closer to launching yet another round of tests.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:59am On Oct 15, 2012
auchs: olenyi, d.lee and George_d, I could've declared interest for the eagles test. It's just that the thread runs faster than I can catch up (my schedules). My dish is hungry to shoot recklessly. As George have said, I think that the tests in other locations have ranked the lnbs alright because in satellite the signals in different locations might differ but the lnbs will rank same in all locations in Nigeria. I live in east with d.lee in same state and town. George, we hope to participate in future test and hunts.

Noted. Its all for the common good. Viva FTA.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:04am On Oct 15, 2012
@auchs,
Looks like you just got your wish because we got another round of tests coming up. I'll advise you stay up to date with the thread so you can follow developments closely as we firm things up with odilibe. As you can see, the wheels of technology is moving more rapidly than ever and a lot of people risk being left behind the moment they remove their eyes from the ball! smiley
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:06am On Oct 15, 2012
obnelly:
we need good lnbs to bring more off footprint signals to our door step.George,ikiriye and Odilibe what is the arrangement i cant wait to kill more off foot print birds.
we are looking forward to that!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:16am On Oct 15, 2012
George_D:

@odilibe,
The inverto black pro single seems to be the better of the lot. However I'm not sure it will be fine with everybody given that it is a single output. If we can get the quad version of it I think we'll be closer to launching yet another round of tests.
@George there is no quad version of the black pro c120..

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.