Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,095 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:01 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5485472 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:04am On Oct 15, 2012
@odilibe,
Yuk! Looks like we just hit a stone wall. What to do?
There must be another round of tests! undecided
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
@All
Those with SRT 4930 new software, SRT4930_ALL_139p_20121005.zip is out. Get it here: http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?PHPSESSID=fa9f2d2037703794bc90f769244511b3&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East
SRT 4902 new software is also on the same page(SRT4902_ALL_131p_20121010.zip).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
obnelly: Turksat 3a 42e signal is 60% so far so good i have 3tps running 10982 h 9600, 11096 h 30000 and 11054 h 30000 .You must understand some turkish language to be able to enjoy this but dont worry trt3 and ntv spor is there for sport lovers but am not too sure the type of sport they are showing .watching lawn tennis now between murray and djokovic.if you like movies then e2 and cnbc-e is your best bet.

we need good lnbs to bring more off footprint signals to our door step.George,ikiriye and Odilibe what is the arrangement i cant wait to kill more off foot print birds.In the past we killed only nilesat but now we have more hispasat,nilesat,hotbird,badr,astra2a,zap package on 36e,and now turksat 3A .

viva fta more bird to die when those lnbs arrive. grin
thanks bro!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 6:52am On Oct 16, 2012
Is Astra 2a receivable in Nigeria? If yes with which dish size? I can see that bird has the best FTA channel lists
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 8:25am On Oct 16, 2012
any idea about aradia,aflam,tv2m and others?mine is not showing,only no audio/video.pls help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 8:36am On Oct 16, 2012
@pidzo are you able to get intelsat 22. It looks promising
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 16, 2012
gudmrning nairalander,pls i really details info abt certain birds.with the help i got here i've been able to track Astra2b,W6,sirius4,mytv and W3a@7e.nw i wnt to move to other bird with ma 90cm dish.pls help me with d name and tp of oda Fta sat i can recieve wit my 90cm dish,tnx in advance
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:12am On Oct 16, 2012
Anybody with 4m and above should try astra.19•2e.
Umasoor.u should give the house the number of tps you are able to get with your 4m.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Remmyjex(m): 10:48am On Oct 16, 2012
Etv is now on sirus 4degree,apart frm hyde park
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2012
etcwest: @pidzo are you able to get intelsat 22. It looks promising
I never tried it but you have enlightened me NOW! I will try to hunt this one. Are you getting it bro?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2012
obnelly: Anybody with 4m and above should try astra.19•2e.
Umasoor.u should give the house the number of tps you are able to get with your 4m.
@obnelly.Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C at 19.2°E loud and clear here in Enugu with 7m pan dish.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Remmyjex(m): 12:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
blexxonmak:
@obnelly.Astra 1KR/1L/1M/2C at 19.2°E loud and clear here in Enugu with 7m pan dish.
what channels re dere.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
@Etcwest
Similarly there is Measat 3/3a at 91.5°E where among other channels there is Fox Football. I havent checked what kind of football they broadcast but I feel it's worth trying. Other channels include Edge Sports, The Africa Channel Asia, Fashion One, etc.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
Remmyjex: Etv is now on sirus 4degree,apart frm hyde park
wats the tp pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
am tryng it now signal not increasing.tryng to get good lnb
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 1:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
@ pidzo am about to try it this afternoon.it looks fringe though
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 1:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
etcwest: @ pidzo am about to try it this afternoon.it looks fringe though
For Intelsat 22 it seems fringe from your location but from this side we are fully covered. As for Measat we are all covered only that this 8PSK is tricky. Below is the coverage map for Intelsat 22.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2012
@etcwest
Here is the coverage map for Measat 3/3a. It is covering the whole of Africa. Lets give it a try but from experience it needs a good LNB. At one time I managed to get some channels but others were elusive.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
gudaftnun nairalanders,pls i
really details info abt certain
birds.with the help i got here
i've been able to track
Astra2b,W6,sirius4,mytv and
W3a@7e.nw i wnt to move to other bird with ma 90cm
dish.pls help me with d name
and tp of oda Fta sat i can
recieve wit my 90cm dish,tnx
in advance
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
@All.

Your help will be appreciated. I have a ten-decoder setup so each telly can be able to change within the ten channels independently. Now one of the decoders (METRO ) was showing no signal. As i was tracing the fault, i wanted to remove the antenna wire (it uses a yagi antenna) from the metro decoder and got an electric shock. Upon close investigation, i found out that the wire that went outside to the antenna, when touched against the metallic body of anything plugged into an electric socket, gives off a fairly big visible spark. I believe dis is why it was showing no signal. Can anybody proffer a solution to this.

NB: the pole on which the antenna is hung is not touching anything apart from the ground where itis stuck in. And the wire that is sparking goes straight from the antenna to the decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
@blexxonmak.

Pls u got mail.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 6:47pm On Oct 16, 2012
olenyi: @All.

Your help will be appreciated. I have a ten-decoder setup so each telly can be able to change within the ten channels independently. Now one of the decoders (METRO ) was showing no signal. As i was tracing the fault, i wanted to remove the antenna wire (it uses a yagi antenna) from the metro decoder and got an electric shock. Upon close investigation, i found out that the wire that went outside to the antenna, when touched against the metallic body of anything plugged into an electric socket, gives off a fairly big visible spark. I believe dis is why it was showing no signal. Can anybody proffer a solution to this.

NB: the pole on which the antenna is hung is not touching anything apart from the ground where itis stuck in. And the wire that is sparking goes straight from the antenna to the decoder.

I guess you are distributing signal to various TVs outside your house.if yes disconnect one by one the various output to each tv cause there is a faulty tv in your setup.cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
Ikiriye:

I guess you are distributing signal to various TVs outside your house.if yes disconnect one by one the various output to each tv cause there is a faulty tv in your setup.cheers

@Ikiriye. Thanks. I think u nailed it. Will do so ASAP and get back to u. Please accept my warm Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
Remmyjex: what channels re dere.
The 19.2east free channel are mainly in dutch/german language...98% of the channels are scrambled,unless you have other means to view them¤or just for tracking sake¤

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
@all pls i
really details info abt certain
birds.with the help i got here
i've been able to track
Astra2b,W6,sirius4,mytv and
W3a@7e.nw i wnt to move to other bird with ma 90cm
dish.pls help me with d name
and tp of oda Fta sat i can
recieve wit my 90cm dish,tnx
in advance
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cleanman(m): 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2012
pls@remmy whats the etv tp?...and hope its nt enca news feed sha.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
George_D: @odilibe,

There must be another round of tests! undecided
I hope so!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 11:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
obnelly: Anybody with 4m and above should try astra.19•2e.
baba obnelly i got the three tps u posted on turksat@42e on my motorized 4m dish..i also input 10965h12800...60% (idman azerbaijan)which they air live epl and la liga but biss encrypted..i tried other tps frm lyngsat but they refuse to turn green..The house can also give it a try..Baba obnelly av u tried hellasat@39e am dying to hit green on dat bird.If yes give the tp pls..I tried astra@19e, couldnt hit green.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 6:52am On Oct 17, 2012
umassor: baba obnelly i got the three tps u posted on turksat@42e on my motorized 4m dish..i also input 10965h12800...60% (idman azerbaijan)which they air live epl and la liga but biss encrypted..i tried other tps frm lyngsat but they refuse to turn green..The house can also give it a try..Baba obnelly av u tried hellasat@39e am dying to hit green on dat bird.If yes give the tp pls..I tried astra@19e, couldnt hit green.
Hmmm i tried to pull in turksat into my 3m for your sake because you ask for it and i dont wanna say No To your request i went extra mile to give those tps and am happy i did.Now is your turn to try Hellasat 39e with your 4m.Dont wait to be fed you should give the house feed back because of the size of your dish .So be good to your dish and keep posting new satellites and channels.If i post any new channel before your 4m i will say you are under utilizing that 4m .

Odilibe ,I am hoping to see if I can hit green on that german channels on astra 19.2,I just derive fun tracking off footprint signal.

Azerbaijan too is on hotbird so if Turksat signal is bad move to hotbird.

Umarsoor ,your assignment will be ,try astra 19,intelsat 53/55 where their is sportmax,then move down below 60 degree west as if you are going to american satellites,we must move the frontier beyond our coast.Please dont under utilize that 4m keep searching and keep posting that will make you a professional.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:05am On Oct 17, 2012
blexxonmak:
My brother that is interesting ,I am happy to hear that good news and the type of dish size to kill that bird all away from Germany.Hope signal stables 24/7.
@all my objective on out of foot print signal is to collate all our results and reach a final conclusion that at least to hit green on any of those farther satellites we need this type of dish ,pan or fibre.

We dont need to wait for lyngsat,startrack,tracksat,flysat to wait for information rather lyngsat should wait for nairaland for information on satellite receivable in africa and dish sizes.

So all, this is our next research /project we must be up and doing,so if you have big dish from 2.4m and above post off foot print signal you get.

Newbies sorry if this hurt but we are trying to make this thread to look more professional like we used to know it ,so use the newbie thread where professionals can answer your questions ,if you post it here they will ignore your request.

cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 7:28am On Oct 17, 2012
obnelly:
Hmmm i tried to pull in turksat into my 3m for your sake because you ask for it and i dont wanna say No To your request i went extra mile to give those tps and am happy i did.Now is your turn to try Hellasat 39e with your 4m.Dont wait to be fed you should give the house feed back because of the size of your dish .So be good to your dish and keep posting new satellites and channels.If i post any new channel before your 4m i will say you are under utilizing that 4m .

Odilibe ,I am hoping to see if I can hit green on that german channels on astra 19.2,I just derive fun tracking off footprint signal.

Azerbaijan too is on hotbird so if Turksat signal is bad move to hotbird.

Umarsoor ,your assignment will be ,try astra 19,intelsat 53/55 where their is sportmax,then move down below 60 degree west as if you are going to american satellites,we must move the frontier beyond our coast.Please dont under utilize that 4m keep searching and keep posting that will make you a professional.
ok bro.i wil.

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.