Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5429321 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:58am On Oct 06, 2020
nora2018:
mob stick !? How my good boss

The mob you use for house cleaning. The handle is what I am referring to, that you should use as a stand. You tight the dish to it and look for an open space to try out the tp. Just to get an idea of where the signal pops up. Then after you have gotten the signal.. You can now mount your dish on the wall or roof in that exact position. The whole idea is for you to just experiment with it to find out where is best to nail or hang your dish. Instead of having to pull the dish hanger from anywhere you have nailed it before initially, because you could not get a signal. It doesn't really have to be a mob stick.. It could be a short pole or even a normal wood that is not less than four feet tall. I hope you get the picture?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:31am On Oct 06, 2020
nora2018:
my boss help me with the lnb skew and dish size requirements of this aforementioned Tp's

LNB skew = between 3.0 clock / 4.0 clock

Dish size =90cm for 3/7 degree west. For better signal ( though you can still get it with 60cm , depending on your tracking skills and the signal strength in your location)

Dish size = from 60cm to 90cm for 51.1 east (TSTV POSITION)

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:16am On Oct 06, 2020
nbolaji:
Good pm famz

Am new to fta and it decorders.

Could you school on the best decorder and a price range I can work with to successfully instal FTA.

Thanks in advance.

Cc: Digitman and other gurus

The issue of decoders have been discussed on various layers in the previous pages.

However, I have a quick question for you, the answer you give will give way for the right suggestions.

How much I you willing to spend on FTA?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 9:17am On Oct 06, 2020
Digitman:

It's below and not above

Based on the fact that astra 28e is set as primary,Nigcom is just few cm above. You get my point?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:20am On Oct 06, 2020
lexxybb:
Pls I need tp for Badr 5, I blindscan my multiTv but can't receive the mbc package. I want to re-track tomorrow. I'll need to manually confirm the signal. Thanks

12284 v 27500 = MBC
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 06, 2020
Good day everyone, do appreciate all for keeping the forum "energized" peace and love...

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 06, 2020
Almost all that is to satellite tracking and installation has already be fully covered..*newbies" should , for the love of the forum, try to read previous post .
If you need to upgrade slightly, you can join the Hellobox 8 family... Aliexpress has all the info you need.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:32am On Oct 06, 2020
waleayeni1:

Thanks for the info. Exhaustion has almost killed me moving dish left and right after a full day's work. I go try am tomorrow

Also try to always observe line of sight. Because a slight blockage /obstruction can easily making your tracking difficult. Especially when you are tracking satellite position that makes the dish not to face the sky. Also a satellite position with a tricky signal or alignment.

The attached image will give a clue to what I am trying to say

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 06, 2020
@all "Gurus" and brothers with BUD(4m+).. which is the best working image (nfr,pli, purE2,..etc)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2020
Cheny:

Based on the fact that astra 28e is set as primary,Nigcom is just few cm above. You get my point?

28e Joy TV primary and 42e Nigcomsat Secondary.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 11:16am On Oct 06, 2020
Digitman:

The mob you use for house cleaning. The handle is what I am referring to, that you should use as a stand. You tight the dish to it and look for an open space to try out the tp. Just to get an idea of where the signal pops up. Then after you have gotten the signal.. You can now mount your dish on the wall or roof in that exact position. The whole idea is for you to just experiment with it to find out where is best to nail or hang your dish. Instead of having to pull the dish hanger from anywhere you have nailed it before initially, because you could not get a signal. It doesn't really have to be a mob stick.. It could be a short pole or even a normal wood that is not less than four feet tall. I hope you get the picture?
wow this is so practical you are a guru thanks for this expository display of your expertise.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Acrofab: 11:17am On Oct 06, 2020
Digitman:

12284 v 27500 = MBC
good day bro. pls how good is strongest stg 900a decoder? I need a good decoder that will enable me watch many channels and won't be expensive
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 11:18am On Oct 06, 2020
Digitman:

LNB skew = between 3.0 clock / 4.0 clock

Dish size =90cm for 3/7 degree west. For better signal ( though you can still get it with 60cm , depending on your tracking skills and the signal strength in your location)

Dish size = from 60cm to 90cm for 51.1 east (TSTV POSITION) you are too much boss thanks a whole lot

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 11:39am On Oct 06, 2020
Cheny:

OK bro now I got the reason why you said that, apologies. Never knew it was a multiple LNB install. Was thinking it was a single LNB install.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 11:52am On Oct 06, 2020
Acrofab:

good day bro. pls how good is strongest stg 900a decoder? I need a good decoder that will enable me watch many channels and won't be expensive

If I may, it's not about how many channels a decoder can get. But the quality/ premium channels it can actually give you.

So for me, quality/premium always win over quantity.

As regards to the strongest stg 900a, I have to be sure about the spec before saying it's a guy buy. So maybe I will just google it and come up with an answer. Or better still there might be a first hand user here who can help us out with that.

Meanwhile, strong 497S is good if you're willing to spend above 20k on a decoder.
While OURTV decoder is also nice if you don't want to go above 12k

Other than that, you can look for decoders that are H.265 enabled but cheaper. Which seems to be the norm at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 11:57am On Oct 06, 2020
adubam:

28e Joy TV primary and 42e Nigcomsat Secondary.

Excellent... He can still make 42e primary and attach 28e as secondary to the LNB holder below. Then 51.1e TSTV on top of the 42e as the third LNB. Just a thought
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
Digitman:

Bro I understand where you're coming from.

However Isn't one of the essence of this thread, is to dish out location of FTA channels SO WE CAN ENJOY IT WHILE IT LAST? ( OGA GEORGE D, I LIE? ).

Besides, is not like I am collecting any money from anyone to release the info, or come to fix such channels in the person's house. ( that would've been the clause In my effort to help).

Furthermore, the road to receiving / watching premium/ quality channels on FTA comes with a cost or sacrifice at some point in time. Which leads to one having multiple dishes, several decoders and even devices to either enjoy or manipulate to enjoy premium channels while it lasted.

Just like many many Years back when mbc channels was only receivable with big dishes. I got that info here, spent around 60k or so to buy. As if that was not enough. I heard of OSN stations, which made me spend another 20k to buy microbox in order to view it.

But at the end of the day, did microbox not stop working? Azsky, Aplus, Gsky, Qsat and some others I cannot even remember followed. Still it all came to an end at some point. But some enjoyed it for years, some enjoyed it for months, some enjoyed it for weeks and some just for days or even a day. All in the spirit of enjoying premium channels as FTA while it lasted.

All the same thanks for Your advice. I will bear that in mind before attempting to answer questions here next time. ONE LOVE
Please announce any free channels even the ones with $ on it, as long as it is showing. That's the essence just as you stated... enjoy while it lasts...

Infact the truth is no FTA is permanent. They may last long for years but can never be permanent.

So let's feel free to announce any new sweeties.

Regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 12:07pm On Oct 06, 2020
Acrofab:

If it is HEVC 265 enabled
Multi stream
auto roll powervu, then go for it. If not, go for this good and favourable price decoder:

Csat Pro 8 + for N7,000.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SegaWarrior: 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
Digitman:

Excellent... He can still make 42e primary and attach 28e as secondary to the LNB holder below. Then 51.1e TSTV on top of the 42e as the third LNB. Just a thought
Hi gurus, I have Nigcomsat as primary and Multi TV as Secondary, can I still add 16°E to the set up?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2020
SegaWarrior:
Hi gurus, I have Nigcomsat as primary and Multi TV as Secondary, can I still add 16°E to the set up?

Very Possible but you go suffer to get it. See my Picture above. Make Multi TV primary, Make Nigcomsat Secondary and while facing the dish by your right below the Multi TV; just search for 16e while moving the LNBF around the iron holder using this frequency 12333 H 30000

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
Spy360:

Please announce any free channels even the ones with $ on it, as long as it is showing. That's the essence just as you stated... enjoy while it lasts...

Infact the truth is no FTA is permanent. They may last long for years but can never be permanent.

So let's feel free to announce any new sweeties.

Regards

Exactly. If everybody dey lock up, simply because it might be encrypted anytime. Then we all would have been stock with boring joyTV position over the years.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2020
adubam:

Very Possible but you go suffer to get it. See my Picture above. Make Multi TV primary, Make Nigcomsat Secondary and while facing the dish by your right below the Multi TV; just search for 16e while moving the LNBF around the iron holder using this frequency 12333 H 30000

Bro the suffer na part of the thrill of FTA. Especially if the guy finally catch the signal. That thrill will be amazing for him.

Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
Digitman:

Yes. But the signals will be badly reduced. For me Multi TV/ Badr for MBC is a must to be Primary. If you make Nigcomsat Primary anything you attached to the set up will have huge loss of signal quality.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 12:36pm On Oct 06, 2020
Digitman:

Bro the suffer na part of the thrill of FTA. Especially if the guy finally catch the signal. That thrill will be amazing for him.

Nice one bro

Some suffering no worth it especially if you are using small dish. All those attachment will still be affected by heavy rain and wind.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Acrofab: 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
adubam:

If it is HEVC 265 enabled
Multi stream
auto roll powervu, then go for it. If not, go for this good and favourable price decoder:

Csat Pro 8 + for N7,000.

thanks boss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 2:11pm On Oct 06, 2020
@ adubam & Digitman,Una well-done.Your valuable info will help the newbies here. I just hope we don't see a flurry of questions on same issues that have been treated already. Some guys don't just like reading.

And for football lovers here,with ur multi lnb set up on 16e,28e,and 32e, you can get to watch a mix of Epl, laliga & bundesliga on GTv sports +, Max TV, Avy news & our TV. At least these ones can be enjoyed for now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
bbally:
Hello house, the gurus and technicians in the house should please help me out in finding a solution or suggestions as my csat 8+ pro just will not power again after I switched it off after use. what can I do or who can help out as am at Ikorodu, Lagos.
Your decoder needs a new board. If you are ready to buy a new board to solve the problem, chat me up on WhatsApp 08060150782
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 3:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
Cheny:
@ adubam & Digitman,Una well-done.Your valuable info will help the newbies here. I just hope we don't see a flurry of questions on same issues that have been treated already. Some guys don't just like reading.

And for football lovers here,with ur multi lnb set up on 16e,28e,and 32e, you can get to watch a mix of Epl, laliga & bundesliga on GTv sports +, Max TV, Avy news & our TV. At least these ones can be enjoyed for now.

You are really on point. Some just don't want to go through the pain of reading. They just love being baby fed.

If the people that are dishing out the info did not take the pain to read, research and undergo the practical. I don't think they will be so well informed to give out information and help.

I remember back in the day when I was new to this FTA thing. I made sure I read from page one to the end before even attempting to ask anybody questions here. Even in this present day, I still take the time out to read previous pages in this forum. Just to keep up to date with what has been happening. Because for so long a time, the son of man has been busy with other affairs of lives besides FTA.

All and all.. It pays to read as many pages as possible. Because by so doing, even if you're new to FTA or old to it. You just might have the right answer to some, if not all the questions that might pop up here.

Less I forget.. Thanks for the info you dish out. Someone here will definitely find it valuable

One love

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
adubam:

Some suffering no worth it especially if you are using small dish. All those attachment will still be affected by heavy rain and wind.

No doubt. I think the beauty of FTA, comes when you don't overly compromise or try to cut corners. That way you don't always have to be disturbing yourself over signal lose or weather conditions as you rightly pointed out.

Because trying to eat your cake and still have it, is not really the best approach to enjoying a stress-free FTA.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojochogwusunny(m): 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2020
yawwilson:
Good day everyone, do appreciate all for keeping the forum "energized" peace and love...
satelite guru of all time,i hail oo...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 8:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
I have been beaten two nights in a row tracking nigcomsat sattelite. Got dstv satellite on 36e brought it down like I was advised but no signal quality used 12519 H 29500 & 125198 H 29500 with no success. What am I still missing please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.