Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,144 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5430357 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 1:29pm On Nov 21, 2020
Digitman:
So let check the signal of the attached lnb in this particular diy.

Using 51.5e as reference point on strong 4954

God bless you, bro.
You are an inspiration and blessing to this thread.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2020
Davdan1315:

@Digitman

I'm confused about the coaxial cable. I saw TG6 coaxial cable online which I wanted to order, but the d..tv man around my place said there are different kinds of TG6 cable. He said his own 15yards is N2k when I saw 65yards online around that price.
I also saw strong TG6 20m for 3k.

Please advise me on cable.

Please answer me pls.

Sorry for the late reply, I am not always here, as a result, comes a delay in responding on time.

Now to your question. There is no disputing the fact that the seller in your neighborhood is right.

However, some marketers will use that to sell the one they have at a much higher price.

Some of the key factors that determine the price range are not entirely limited to what I am about to state below.

1. It's a hundred percent cooper

2. It has a more thicker coating

3. It has a less thicker coating

4. It's not made of a hundred percent cooper materials

5. The positive wire ( the one at the middle) it's a thick wire

6. The positive wire ( the one at the middle) it's made of a thing wire.

7. It's either the row of cable is complete 100yards or it's labeled 100 yards but not truly complete

In summary of the above listed, kind of put the cable in two categories.

Complete or incomplete row of cable

Thick coating or thin layer of coating

Full cooper or really not full cooper.

I am sorry if I am giving you too many things to process.

So let's make it simple to process.

Take a piece of magnet and bring it close to the middle wire in the cable. The 100 percent cooper will not be attracted to the magnet

But the one that is not 100 percent cooper will quickly be attracted to the magnet.

Secondly try to peel off the black rubber coat with your finger or teeth. The one with a solid built will have some resistance. But the one without will easily tear off.

Thirdly, when you peel off the coating in the middle wire, you will notice that one it more thinker and don't easily bend, but another does the opposite.

Fourthly, the cheaper brands always look thinning in the eyes when compared to the higher brand. When you concentrate on the diameter.

In conclusion, 70percent of the time, you will not always find the high end type in small satellite shop because it's not always in demand due to cost. But that which is available over the years have always got the job done, during the entire time of its lifespan.

4 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2020
MobileGees:

Bro please can you give me the DStv app login would love to use but I don't have DStv I can connect with

I can't find you on WhatsApp
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2020
microgiant:

This is awesome and very innovative, I have been trying all these years to attach additional LNBs, even bought multi-LNB holder from China, it didn't fit properly. The Chinese Multi-LNB holders are not that suitable for Nigeria elevation.

Thanks once again and remain blessed for sharing this very important idea. wink
Bro you are blessed.. Much respect
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2020
mbuaba:
This out tv decoder does it auto roll biss keys

For now... It does not have such features
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2020
obinna37:
Nice one Digitman,pls which channels are on that 36e

Bro you know many of us still want to eat our cake and still have it.

Meaning= using one particular dish to solve all the house satellite needs.

D..tv

Mytv

Ourtv

And still use it for fta.

So that marking of 36east, is just my way of indicating that such a setup will still keep your D...tv signal very much intact. Without the need to compromise it due to fta needs.

Though there is a motor sports channel that has been open there for a very long time. For people who like watching car racing

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Davdan1315(m): 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2020
Digitman:

Sorry for the late reply, I am not always here, as a result, comes a delay in responding on time.

Now to your question. There is no disputing the fact that the seller in your neighborhood is right.

However, some marketers will use that to sell the one they have at a much higher price.

Some of the key factors that determine the price range are not entirely limited to what I am about to state below.

1. It's a hundred percent cooper

2. It has a more thicker coating

3. It has a less thicker coating

4. It's not made of a hundred percent cooper materials

5. The positive wire ( the one at the middle) it's a thick wire

6. The positive wire ( the one at the middle) it's made of a thing wire.

7. It's either the row of cable is complete 100yards or it's labeled 100 yards but not truly complete

In summary of the above listed, kind of put the cable in two categories.

Complete or incomplete row of cable

Thick coating or thin layer of coating

Full cooper or really not full cooper.

I am sorry if I am giving you too many things to process.

So let's make it simple to process.

Take a piece of magnet and bring it close to the middle wire in the cable. The 100 percent cooper will not be attracted to the magnet

But the one that is not 100 percent cooper will quickly be attracted to the magnet.

Secondly try to peel off the black rubber coat with your finger or teeth. The one with a solid built will have some resistance. But the one without will easily tear off.

Thirdly, when you peel off the coating in the middle wire, you will notice that one it more thinker and don't easily bend, but another does the opposite.

Fourthly, the cheaper brands always look thinning in the eyes when compared to the higher brand. When you concentrate on the diameter.

In conclusion, 70percent of the time, you will not always find the high end type in small satellite shop because it's not always in demand due to cost. But that which is available over the years have always got the job done, during the entire time of its lifespan.

Whao! So much technicalities for me to process.

I'm so grateful. Thank you very much. God bless you richly.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2020
WaytoGo:

God bless you, bro.
You are an inspiration and blessing to this thread.

God bless you all too... We all inspire each other, for without your quest, I won't be coming up with these ideas
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 2:38pm On Nov 21, 2020
Davdan1315:

Whao! So much technicalities for me to process.

I'm so grateful. Thank you very much. God bless you richly.

I forgot to add that it's very very easy to slid in your F - connector into the cheaper cables. But the more superior ones, especially the one hundred percent cooper will be a task for you to slid in the F - connector into the cable

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obinna37(m): 2:57pm On Nov 21, 2020
Digitman:

Bro you know many of us still want to eat our cake and still have it.

Meaning= using one particular dish to solve all the house satellite needs.

D..tv

Mytv

Ourtv

And still use it for fta.

So that marking of 36east, is just my way of indicating that such a setup will still keep your D...tv signal very much intact. Without the need to compromise it due to fta needs.

Though there is a motor sports channel that has been open there for a very long time. For people who like watching car racing
I understand now

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2020
obinna37:
I understand now

By the way, this is what is showing now on the motorsport channel.

12341 v 27500

It has been open for a while now

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2020
Digitman:

By the way, this is what is showing now on the motorsport channel.

12341 v 27500

It has been open for a while now
yea, that's DStv's SuperSport Motorsport Channel.
Ironically it's on DStvs premium bouquet, but I've noticed it's been open for some days now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2020
Please what's the tracking tp for 7e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2020
waleayeni1:
Please what's the tracking tp for 7e

10845 H 30000

10928 H 30000

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by MobileGees: 12:52am On Nov 22, 2020
Digitman:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by MobileGees: 12:53am On Nov 22, 2020
Digitman:

08068769763 that's my WhatsApp number
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by MobileGees: 12:56am On Nov 22, 2020
Digitman:

I texted you on WhatsApp already
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lala5yuru: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2020
Ismy5000:

Aster, icone, media star, hellobox, tiger. csat to mention few are doing well on h265 channels
please this Aster décoder among thé ones you
listed above i Just bought but cannot activate thé iptv menu. please can you assist me on that
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lala5yuru: 10:12am On Nov 22, 2020
hello house, car anyone explain how dvbplayer app on Android phone works with à satellite decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 10:41am On Nov 22, 2020
Digitman:

10845 H 30000

10928 H 30000
y

Thanks bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Aderostock(m): 10:52am On Nov 22, 2020
Please house, whats the different between Bellintersat and Yahsat? My Strong 4950H decoder couldn't see the Bellintersat 32.9e but got Yahsat 33e. What could be the reason?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 11:17am On Nov 22, 2020
Can ourtv decoder play multistream channels on hispasat?

Pls; quick answer
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 12:34pm On Nov 22, 2020
Aderostock:
Please house, whats the different between Bellintersat and Yahsat? My Strong 4950H decoder couldn't see the Bellintersat 32.9e but got Yahsat 33e. What could be the reason?

First of all Belintersat is located at 51.5 degree east and not anywhere around 32.9 degree east.

Secondly the issues of not seeing a particular satellite name has been partially related here.

Anyways, it's not a must that until you see the satellite name on your decoder, will make the channel to pop up.

The reason behind you seeing a preconfigured satellite name, is only meant to make things easier for novice.

So it's time to start thinking like a pro.

First off, is to always understand the difference between a Cband frequency and a ku band frequency.

For example, any ku band frequency can work under any preconfigured satellite name on your decoder. So will any Cband frequency work on a preconfigured Cband satellite name on your decoder.

Now on the issue of not seeing a particular satellite name on your decoder ? Well it is due to the fact that such a satellite name was not existing as of the time the decoder software was made or updated.

Secondly it could also due to the fact the manufacturer of the decoder did not make that satellite name a priority, because there was already a universal satellite name, located at that exact position.

In conclusion... Going through the foundation that I have listed above.. You can build on the fact that all that is necessarily important, is the frequency to input on any preconfigured satellite name that falls into a ku band, if that's what you are tracking. Then you either input the frequency manually or you do a blind scan on that satellite name your lnb is connected through a diseqc. ( that's if you did not run the wire direct).

I can go on and on, but let me not fill your head with too much information that is not really needed for now

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 12:40pm On Nov 22, 2020
IT4ALL:

Pls; quick answer
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2020
Digitman2:

I hope, I was able to satisfy your curiosity?

I salute your thoroughness. It is highly commendable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Aderostock(m): 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2020
Digitman:

First of all Belintersat is located at 51.5 degree east and not anywhere around 32.9 degree east.

Secondly the issues of not seeing a particular satellite name has been partially related here.

Anyways, it's not a must that until you see the satellite name on your decoder, will make the channel to pop up.

The reason behind you seeing a preconfigured satellite name, is only meant to make things easier for novice.

So it's time to start thinking like a pro.

First off, is to always understand the difference between a Cband frequency and a ku band frequency.

For example, any ku band frequency can work under any preconfigured satellite name on your decoder. So will any Cband frequency work on a preconfigured Cband satellite name on your decoder.

Now on the issue of not seeing a particular satellite name on your decoder ? Well it is due to the fact that such a satellite name was not existing as of the time the decoder software was made or updated.

Secondly it could also due to the fact the manufacturer of the decoder did not make that satellite name a priority, because there was already a universal satellite name, located at that exact position.

In conclusion... Going through the foundation that I have listed above.. You can build on the fact that all that is necessary important, is the frequency to input on any preconfigured satellite name that falls into a ku band, if that's what you are tracking. Then you either input the frequency manually or you do a blind ban on that satellite name your lnb is connected through a diseqc. ( that's if you did not run the wire direct).

I can go on and on, but let me not fill your head with too much information that is not really needed for now

Thanks for taking your time to explain, even though I made a typo error in the initial post. I wanted to type difference between Bellintersat 51.5e and Yahsat 1a 52.5e. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ourtvng: 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2020
It depends on what you want. However Kindly note that OurTv has the capability of connecting up to four satellite dishes with the use of the DiSEqC switch. That means more FTA channels.

www.ourtv.ng

IT4ALL:

Pls; quick answer
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mourino: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2020
Ourtvng:
It depends on what you want. However Kindly note that OurTv has the capability of connecting up to four satellite dishes with the use of the DiSEqC switch. That means more FTA channels.

www.ourtv.ng

It seems you still don't understand the difference between multistream channels on a satellite and connecting 2 or more satellites via a diseqc switch

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2020
Mourino:

It seems you still don't understand the difference between multistream channels on a satellite and connecting 2 or more satellites via a diseqc switch

I guess we should make it louder for them

Any RECEIVER/DECODER that can comfortably connect up to four dishes through the help of a diseqc switch is called a

MULTI-DISH RECEIVER/DECODER.

And it has no business being defined as multistream because of that feature. So anytime you see someone come to this very particular thread to mention that word multistream. Please don't use multiple dish connection to respond to the person. It only makes you look unprofessional in your field

Ourtvng:

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2020
Aderostock:

Thanks for taking your time to explain, even though I made a typo error in the initial post. I wanted to type difference between Bellintersat 51.5e and Yahsat 1a 52.5e. Thanks

I thought as much.. One love
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 2:29pm On Nov 22, 2020
1kinggy:

I salute your thoroughness. It is highly commendable.

I am humbled.. Wishing you a lovely Sunday

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by emmaniche: 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2020
Digitman:

I don't mean to be rude, so don't get what I am about to say next twisted.

If you have taken the time out to be reading through this thread, you will not have the need to ask the above question.

Because the name Ourtv, has raised a topic many times over that sends the warning bells that it does not multistream for now, many times over.

I am only responding to this question because I don't get repulsive very easily. I believe many people who would have given you that answer before I came here. Saw it and just choose to ignored. Because the question makes it seems like they have been here shouting and you never listened.. Haha.

My bro the answer to your question is no.

Have a lovely Sunday
If i might come in here.
U are very right that it has been answered. Don't just conclude that everyone here is a newbie. The guy asking the question is a professional in buds. He asking might just come as sudden and didn't take time to look round.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.