Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5430295 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Debroslink: 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2020
If only ourtv decoders can multistream, they'll make more sales than ever before.

Ourtvng, just add multistream feature on your decoder, and you'll see how guys here will help in broadcasting how good your decoders are.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ourtvng: 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2020
Your point has been promptly noted. Live Bundesliga Match on Ourtv is about to commence, no dulling. Showing live on our sports channel 120. Köln vs Union Berlin. 6:30 pm is already at hand, Tune in and Leave your comments.
Welcome home...

www.ourtv.ng

Debroslink:
If only ourtv decoders can multistream, they'll make more sales than ever before.

Ourtvng, just add multistream feature on your decoder, and you'll see how guys here will help in broadcasting how good your decoders are.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ourtvng: 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2020
We really appreciate your contributions to this platform. Also note that Ourtv is here to deliver value and excellent viewing experience for all our users.

Debroslink:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davosea(m): 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2020
Ourtvng:
We really appreciate your contributions to this platform. Also note that Ourtv is here to deliver value and excellent viewing experience for all our users.

please i wanted to ask, is it only astra 28 degree that can multi scream
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2020
emmaniche:

Don't just conclude that everyone here is a newbie.

This your statement get a very very very very strong negative undertone and to prove to you that you are 100 percent wrong to tag me as someone who sees every question I attend to here, as coming from a "newbie"

I will respect myself and go back to the offline ghost mode I have been on for the past 10 years or more since I joined nairaland.

After all my spirit told me not to respond to any question on this thread but my over busy body will not let me.

Anyways, sorry nor vex, I never came here to offend anybody or look down on anybody. But since e don dey gradually look like that. Then, I will learn to mind my business from this moment on.

Once again anybody I offend in anyway, I am sorry and you will never hear me say a word here again. So as not to offend you people.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldemmi(m): 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2020
Digitman:

This your statement get a very very very very strong negative undertone and to prove to you that you are 100 percent wrong to tag me as someone who sees every question I attend to here, as coming from a "newbie"

I will respect myself and go back to the offline ghost mode I have been on for the past 10 years or more since I joined nairaland.

After all my spirit told me not to respond to any question on this thread but my over busy body will not let me.

Anyways, sorry nor vex, I never came here to offend anybody or look down on anybody. But since e don dey gradually look like that. Then, I will learn to mind my business from this moment on.

Once again anybody I offend in anyway, I am sorry and you will never hear me say a word here again. So as not to offend you people.

baba don't offence of one implicate the rest.. we appreciate your efforts and we like you to continue giving help.. not all of us can have free mind like you to attend to people all the time..you are a rare gem ... I am a pro installer too but I love d way u respond to people .. please continue in the name of God.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mourino: 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2020
Digitman:

Please I appeal passionately to you not to relent or stop providing help on this platform. I and a lot of other members have benefited immensely from your contributions so far. Please don't give, don't give in. Thnx

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by emmaniche: 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2020
Digitman:

U are free to interpret it any way u want and choose ur decisions. My point is, the guy u wrote an epistle on is a key member of more than 14 years fta experience. That's just my point.
If u go offline, thus that mean nairaland will close down. Soldier go, Soldier come.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldemmi(m): 8:16pm On Nov 22, 2020
has DStv exclude compact plus from DStv now App... I only get dish TV to stream now... Digitman please.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2020
emmaniche:

U are free to interpret it any way u want and choose ur decisions. My point is, the guy u wrote an epistle on is a key member of more than 14 years fta experience. That's just my point.
If u go offline, thus that mean nairaland will close down. Soldier go, Soldier come.
It is very wrong to talk this way. I don't think that is the best way to encourage someone who has been so selfless in attending to the questions both sensible and otherwise. You may have in mind that you don't need anything from him now but what of the newbies who are just coming up? You say "soldier go soldier come", true but I can bet, you can not spare time and answer questions like he has been doing lately on this forum even if you know better than him. Let me just stop here.

12 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Davdan1315(m): 8:53pm On Nov 22, 2020
Digitman:

Please I'm begging you don't go offline. Do you know what your presence mean to us? You have been a blessing to many of us. I have been following this thread since part 1, but I never ever make attempt for any installation.

My motorised 1.8m was done for me by adex in 2013. It was your inspiration few weeks ago that gave me the boost and I tracked Nigcomsat for the first time in my live. Now I'm moving on.

Please don't go. Keep your focus and forget/ignore negative words and move on.

5 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2020
One of my colleagues in the office, whom, I am hanging out with tonight. Just told me a story and asked me to go and figure out the moral in it.

The story goes like this,

A poor man came to visit a rich man who came from the city to the village for xmas. After spending time with the rich man about to leave, the rich man asked his house help to bring out bag of rice, yams and grandnut oil for the poorman to go home with.

Due the fact that the load was much and heavy. The rich man instructed his driver to take one of his latest cars to carry the load and drop the poor man in his house.

The poor man quickly sat down in the back like car owner. On their way, they experienced a hold up, from nowhere a reckless okada man almost bash the vehicle. The driver wind down the window and was asking the okada man, to mind his driving. The okada man responded rudely and the poor man at the back of car owner seat, quickly jump into the matter and the okada man insulted the poor man.

This infuriated the poor man and he shouted at the okada man saying

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? "

"DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO? "

the okada man looked at him in disgust and replied " remove this matches box out of my way joor !! " poor man came out of the vehicle and they began to fight.

Two weeks later the Rich man travelled back to the city. Seating at the car owner seat of that same car. ( a 2019 Mercedes-Benz G-Class) On their way they ran into traffic.

Again something similar happened but this time it was someone driving an outdated bus that wanted to bash the vehicle . Once again the driver wind down and was trying to caution the bus driver, instead the bus driver was rude and as the rich man's driver was about to say another word. Instead of the rich man to behave or sound like the poor man in that same scenario. The rich man calmly told his driver to remain silent and wind up the glass and the rich man ended by saying

Can't you see that the driver must be a frustrated person and you want to be foolish enough to allow him to channel his frustration into my life. No No No don't give such people an attention because it will make them feel important.

Guys please help me to interpret the moral in this story because it's very deep to process.

Thanks for all your support and encouragement.

Together we will break the myth and dispel their believe.

Much respect to

GEORGE D

,for that quote. It has inspired me over the years.

You are my idol .

Despite all his accomplishments you don't see him bragging about anything.

I still remember these bros

BUTONEDAY

OLOFOFO

ENITAN

GANGSTA

LUKMAN

PITODENZ.

Just to name a few. These were guys who never came here to brag about anything

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldemmi(m): 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2020
Eldemmi:
has DStv exclude compact plus from DStv now App... I only get dish TV to stream now... Digitman please.

Digitman here...

please everyone let keep the focus and bury this.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 10:35pm On Nov 22, 2020
Eldemmi:

Digitman here...

please everyone let keep the focus and bury this.

The reason why you are seeing that is mostly but not entirely due to the fact that the subscription to that account has expired. But not always the case, because for most part that I have experienced, it still kept working even when the subscription had expired.

Secondly it can still be due to a technical issue on their own part. Which you can resolve by going through the live chat channel . Under setting in the app.

Just tell them you can't view any channels in the app and it will be resolved
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SegaWarrior: 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2020
Digitman:
One of my colleagues in the office, whom, I am hanging out with tonight. Just told me a story and asked me to go and figure out the moral in it.

A poor man came to visit a rich man who came from the city to the village for xmas. After spending time with the rich man about to leave, the rich man asked his house help to bring out bag of rice, yams and grandnut oil for the poorman to go home with.

Due the fact that the load was much and heavy. The rich man instructed his driver to take one of his latest cars to carry the load and drop the poor man in his house.

The poor man quickly sat down in the back like car owner. On their way, they experienced a hold up, from nowhere a reckless okada man almost bash the vehicle. The driver wind down the window and was asking the okada man, to mind his driving. The okada man responded rudely and the poor man at the back of car owner seat, quickly jump into the matter and the okada man insulted the poor man.

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? "

the okada man looked at him in disgust and replied " remove this matches box out of my way joor !! " poor man came out of the vehicle and they began to fight.

Two weeks later the Rich man travelled back to the city. Seating at the car owner seat of that same car. ( a 2019 Mercedes-Benz G-Class) On their way they ran into traffic.

Again something similar happened but this time it was someone driving an outdated bus that wanted to bash the vehicle . Once again the driver wind down and was trying to caution the bus driver, instead the bus driver was rude and as the rich man's driver was about to say another word. Instead of the rich man to behave or sound like the poor man in that same scenario. The rich man calmly told his driver to remain silent and wind up the glass and the rich man ended by saying

Can't you see that the driver must be a frustrated person and you want to be foolish enough to allow him to channel his frustration into my life. No No No don't give such people an attention because it will make them feel important.

Guys please help me to interpret the moral in this story because it's very deep to process.

Much respect to

GEORGE D

You are my idol .

I still remember this bros

BUTONEDAY

God bless you for the good work here. Some fulltime installer are not real happy when they see some Pros like you taking time to help the newbies out because they see it as threat to their job as if everyone knows how to do installations, no body will look for them. Please don't relent, we re leaning from you. majority re with you Sir..

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 6:32am On Nov 23, 2020
Digitman:

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? "

Much respect to

GEORGE D

You are my idol .

BUTONEDAY

OLOFOFO

ENITAN

GANGSTA

LUKMAN

PITODENZ.

Mad o! Wahala for who no get mercedes.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 6:48am On Nov 23, 2020
Ameboperoo:

It is very wrong to talk this way. I don't think that is the best way to encourage someone who has been so selfless in attending to the questions both sensible and otherwise. You may have in mind that you don't need anything from him now but what of the newbies who are just coming up? You say "soldier go soldier come", true but I can bet, you can not spare time and answer questions like he has been doing lately on this forum even if you know better than him. Let me just stop here.

Bro, please forgive my curiosity, are you the same moniker that wanted to buy 2.4m pan dish back in 2010 and was told kcbenjamin has bought it ?

Image attached below

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojochogwusunny(m): 7:02am On Nov 23, 2020
Digitman:

it is only an ingrate that will not appreciate your contribution on this forum...pls keep doing the good work bro...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 7:07am On Nov 23, 2020
emmaniche:

My guy. This your post is heavily laced with malice and a lot of jealousy. Must you talk? If you no like the post move on. Are you a child that has no control over what comes out of your chops? Person dey help people free of charge. Him no ask you to do the same you come hear open mouth like latrine come dey talk anyhow. Abeg digitman, don't allow the jealous man to affect your good nature. We dey praise you wella because you dey do better thing. If this jealous guy do better thing we go praise am too. He reminds me of Cain in the bible that killed his brother out of jealousy. My guy grow up. There's enough space in the world for everyone. Dulling another person's shine won't make you shine brighter

5 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:50am On Nov 23, 2020
waleayeni1:

My guy. This your post is heavily laced with malice and a lot of jealousy. Must you talk? If you no like the post move on. Are you a child that has no control over what comes out of your chops? Person dey help people free of charge. Him no ask you to do the same you come hear open mouth like latrine come dey talk anyhow. Abeg digitman, don't allow the jealous man to affect your good nature. We dey praise you wella because you dey do better thing. If this jealous guy do better thing we go praise am too. He reminds me of Cain in the bible that killed his brother out of jealousy. My guy grow up. There's enough space in the world for everyone. Dulling another person's shine won't make you shine brighter

Guy you dey hash oh... I just thank God say nor be you the guy attack like that because you for set this thread ablaze. Lol.

Just leave the guy make we continue with our one love approach. We can never allow this family bond between all of us to be destroyed by wrong mentality.

Take for example, I remember when I made an inconclusive reply about multistream and SlyCharlie quickly came in to show me my error. I did not see myself challenging him and bragging that I am a guru and should not be talking to me as a newbie but rather learned from my error and started doing the needful.

Nobody should think because you have been in this forum for years makes you a God above any form of correction or enlightenment. Or think that a correction is only limited to the status quo called a ''newbie''.

The same way an elder in this forum will ask the young ones to do the needful, is also the same way the young ones will reciprocate. But thinking that for someone to ask you to do the same thing you will or might or have eventually asked others to do. Makes the person talking to you as a newbie. Shows you just enjoy being treated like a God in this forum.

Funny enough the moniker I responded to his question did not start a fight but him buy the matter. Yet I was still humble enough to appeal to him not to be angry and still went as far as telling him I will stay on a ghost mode just to prove how much I hate offending people. With hope that he will feel appeased but because he has an agenda that was not in anyway focused on one love . He rather chose to put more fuel inside the fire.

That's really not cool

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:01am On Nov 23, 2020
Digitman:

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? "

Much respect to

GEORGE D

You are my idol .

BUTONEDAY

OLOFOFO

ENITAN

GANGSTA

LUKMAN

PITODENZ.

1kinggy:

Mad o! Wahala for who no get mercedes.

My brother it is only a nobody that will be so quick to brag about nothing. But a true somebody don't need to brag because his deeds will speak volumes for him. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by god2baski(m): 8:08am On Nov 23, 2020
One thing we should all realise is that not everyone will still do it themselves, some people will still prefer an installer to do it for them even if you give them a step by step video, while there are others that will always want to do it themselves. I don't see this as spoiling business for anyone because people will always require an installer. I just bookmark the pages on those tutorials because I would need it. I just need to get a good sat finder as recommended here instead of burning fuel on gen and carrying tv up and down. The sky is wide enough for all to fly.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:17am On Nov 23, 2020
Ojochogwusunny:
it is only an ingrate that will not appreciate your contribution on this forum...pls keep doing the good work bro...

My bro, honestly if my aim for being here was out of a selfish reasons to gain recognition and applaud. Then he would have succeeded in running me down.

But thank God, that it was that same love

George D and many other names I listed before showered on me, that I came back to reciprocate many years after my absence from online activities.

Then I was going by the moniker

Kcbenjamin

but because I could no longer have access to the email I used in registering with the username. So as to retrieve my password. I was forced to reappear with the name

Digitman

After seeing how many questions were never really attended to or responded to in time.

After yesterday experience, I can begin to relate to some of the reasons why so may great minds I knew back then. Stopped taking it upon their selves to go that distance anymore.

But then, we must continue in their footsteps, so that their legacy will be passed on from one generation to another.

Once again, I remain humbled, because without you there will never ever be me.

We all need each other and together the one love family bond must continue.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:32am On Nov 23, 2020
lala5yuru:
hello house, car anyone explain how dvbplayer app on Android phone works with à satellite decoder

From a layman's perspective, it's works just the way you mirror/ stream the screen content of your phone to a smart tv. Through Wi-Fi.

Once the decoder you are using has such features, then it can start mirroring/ stream the content of the decoder to your phone, by pairing the enabled decoder and the app in your phone through Wi-Fi
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Samcoflex75(m): 8:52am On Nov 23, 2020
Please I have a Sony TV with in built satellite tuner, I connected a small antenna yesterday to the RF port and it scanned out gotv and star time channels but all are scrambled, it's there a way I could subscribe for those channles without having to buy their decoders
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojochogwusunny(m): 8:53am On Nov 23, 2020
My curiosity for satelite installation drove me here in the year 2012,i had been a silent follower from then to 2018 when i registered on Nairaland...this thread shaped me to be the good installer i am today. I want to use this medium to appreciate the founding fathers of this thread,and those gurus that have contributed immensely to the growth of this great thread......FTA VIVA!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 8:56am On Nov 23, 2020
Digitman:

Bro, please forgive my curiosity, are you the same moniker that wanted to buy 2.4m pan dish back in 2010 and was told kcbenjamin has bought it ?

Image attached below
Same me o. You see how long we have come? You shouldn't just let this issue put sand sand for the long friendship and brotherhood we have long built.
I wish I could express in words how I feel now but let me step aside for the gurus to talk. Remember that the questions you answer today will become a reference point for newbies who are yet to join this forum now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Davdan1315(m): 9:12am On Nov 23, 2020
Digitman:

"DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? "

Much respect to

GEORGE D

You are my idol .

BUTONEDAY

OLOFOFO

ENITAN

GANGSTA

LUKMAN

PITODENZ.

I thank God you know better now. Adekunle Gold sing that empty barrel lo ma pariwo. Just be what God wants you to be.

I just remembered that great guy now ENITAN. He was the one that connected me to adex that motorised my 1.8m in Feb., 2013.

Please what is even the cost of motoring it now? I lost Enitan's number but adex number is not always going. I was even looking for forward to get Sammy's number.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 9:31am On Nov 23, 2020
Samcoflex75:
Please I have a Sony TV with in built satellite tuner, I connected a small antenna yesterday to the RF port and it scanned out gotv and star time channels but all are scrambled, it's there a way I could subscribe for those channles without having to buy their decoders
No, you need to buy their decoders to decrypt the channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Samcoflex75(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2020
dlollyboi:

No, you need to buy their decoders to decrypt the channels.

Okay thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojochogwusunny(m): 10:39am On Nov 23, 2020
Hello brothers...! I ordered a tracking device from Aliexpress& according to order tracking site;my item arrived in Lagos November 18 but till now Post office has not text or call me to pick my item.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 10:43am On Nov 23, 2020
Ojochogwusunny:
Hello brothers...! I ordered a tracking device from Aliexpress& according to order tracking site;my item arrived in Lagos November 18 but till now Post office has not text or call me to pick my item.
Then try going to the post office to check

(1) (2) (3) ... (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) (2166) (2167) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.