Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5439886 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2268) (2269) (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 7:20am On Nov 09, 2021
Kingdonik:
Hello house, Is GTV sports+, still free on 28.5 E on Multitv frequency. Because, my GTV sports + is not displaying under the TV section, and I only saw the station locked under audio category. Kindly help

use a multistream decoder

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RhuzBhee(m): 7:48am On Nov 09, 2021
Hello which of the strong decoder model can I get jw broadcasting
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Unluckrees(m): 11:20am On Nov 09, 2021
RhuzBhee:

Any Free to Air HD decoder will open JW.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2021
Report Card

I have been trying to track Ses 5 c band since weekend. So far it has been elusive.

In order to achieve this I had to take a patient step by step approach from known to unknown. So I connected a Ku lnb and tracked 28.5e which I got easily. Then I tracked 51.5e which I also got easily.

Now sure that the dish, lnb and cables are ok, I proceeded to track 5e but didn't get signals. Instead I got 7e. Despite all efforts through tiny adjustments, 5e remained elusive.

Why is this so?

My next step was to use the 7e direction and connect my c band lnb. Yet it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? cry

Cc GeorgeD1, Bencote, adubam, Odilibe, Blexxonmak, Olenyi, ManirBK, Digitman

I am calling on all my fta gurus. grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by do4luv14(m): 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2021
adubam:

To me I feel he would be wasting the potential of this dish because of AIT that Aluminum antenna can deliver or instead buy a free TV decoder that has 40 stations for #1500 sub a year.

pls can you explain it to me,

free TV decoder with 40station and 1500 a year

and with the decoder do I still need dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Unluckrees(m): 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2021
do4luv14:

Free TV has decoders that work with an antenna and they also have another that works with dish. Check the back of your decoder, do you see LNB IN or RF IN?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by do4luv14(m): 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
Unluckrees:

Free TV has decoders that work with an antenna and they also have another that works with dish. Check the back of your decoder, do you see LNB IN or RF IN?

bros am new to FTA decoders and their likes, just wanted to know before buying,

am a sport person, movie and xtain

so what do you recommend
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 2:53pm On Nov 09, 2021
Spy360:
Report Card

I have been trying to track Ses 5 c band since weekend. So far it has been elusive.

In order to achieve this I had to take a patient step by step approach from known to unknown. So I connected a Ku lnb and tracked 28.5e which I got easily. Then I tracked 51.5e which I also got easily.

Now sure that the dish, lnb and cables are ok, I proceeded to track 5e but didn't get signals. Instead I got 7e. Despite all efforts through tiny adjustments, 5e remained elusive.

Why is this so?

My next step was to use the 7e direction and connect my c band lnb. Yet it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? cry

Cc GeorgeD1, Bencote, adubam, Odilibe, Blexxonmak, Olenyi

Boss this your 5e matter don't tie wrapper ooo. You see that photo of 5e posted above just set the LNB at the same position. Sometimes you don't need to set the FEC to auto. Get the right FEC and you're good to go.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2021
do4luv14:

Buy the one that come with dish for better experience.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by do4luv14(m): 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2021
adubam:

Buy the one that come with dish for better experience.

OK, thanks slot, will keep it in mind
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hismond(m): 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
Good people in the house, i salute

please i intend to go FTA way from January but I have some questions

1. Can i get action movies & other foreign movies in English?
2. Can i get Nigerian & foreign music channels?
3. Can i watch EPL & Cl matches even if just a few matches?

I intend to use my Dstv dish & i stay in Lagos

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 4:09pm On Nov 09, 2021
adubam:

Boss this your 5e matter don't tie wrapper ooo. You see that photo of 5e posted above just set the LNB at the same position. Sometimes you don't need to set the FEC to auto. Get the right FEC and you're good to go.
Thanks chief. But please what's FEC and I use csat so where can I set it. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
Spy360:
Report Card

Why is this so?

did you know that 5e KU and 7e KU can be merge together using single lnb. When you are on 7e try as much as posible to make 5e tp 12034H27500 Active and get the highest signal. Then you are good to Go from there by changing the KU lnb to C band.
More ever dont forget to insert Die electric inside the Cband or you will not secure the channels!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 8:38pm On Nov 09, 2021
Spy360:

Thanks chief. But please what's FEC and I use csat so where can I set it. Thanks.

Please use another decoder to search for that satellite preferably Strong Decoder, or use a Satfinder. Csat no good for tracking.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 8:46pm On Nov 09, 2021
ManirBK:
did you know that 5e KU and 7e KU can be merge together using single lnb. When you are on 7e try as much as posible to make 5e tp 12034H27500 Active and get the highest signal. Then you are good to Go from there by changing the KU lnb to C band.
More ever dont forget to insert Die electric inside the Cband or you will not secure the channels!!
Thanks bros. I did all these even with that TP. I can't seem to understand why 5e is difficult with 1.8m but I get it with smaller dishes.

My problem now is getting the Cband to be active even from 7e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2021
adubam:

Please use another decoder to search for that satellite preferably Strong Decoder, or use a Satfinder. Csat no good for tracking.
Honestly.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bencote: 10:24pm On Nov 09, 2021
RhuzBhee:
Get witness broadcasting at 7e (12604 H 29981) with any hd decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bencote: 11:50pm On Nov 09, 2021
Spy360:

Thanks bros. I did all these even with that TP. I can't seem to understand why 5e is difficult with 1.8m but I get it with smaller dishes.

My problem now is getting the Cband to be active even from 7e.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hismond(m): 12:58am On Nov 10, 2021
hismond:

Please help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 2:04am On Nov 10, 2021
[quote author=Bencote post=107477822][/quote]
Thanks you have been very helpful. I will try it today and let you know. My dish is ground mount. As for the lnb I stopped using it after Irib disappeared. I hope it is still ok as it still show signal.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RhuzBhee(m): 7:00am On Nov 10, 2021
Unluckrees:

Any Free to Air HD decoder will open JW.

Thanks guys..
Must the decoder be same product as the dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RhuzBhee(m): 7:04am On Nov 10, 2021
Bencote:
Get witness broadcasting at 7e (12604 H 29981) with any hd decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rapthugx(m): 9:14am On Nov 10, 2021
RhuzBhee:

Thanks guys..
Nope, any good FTA hd decoder will do.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Unluckrees(m): 11:42am On Nov 10, 2021
RhuzBhee:

Thanks guys..

No.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
Spy360:
Report Card

Why is this so?

Bros, honestly this 5e don really suffer you oooh.
But if you can get 7e, then you can get 5e easily because both satellites are just 2 degrees apart!
Move your dish to 7e, be mindful of your east and west direction and slowly move the dish as if you're going west.
Make sure you change the TP to 12054v 3000sr (BET Naija). When you hit green, change your Ku lnb back to C band
and blindscan. You're good to go.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bencote: 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2021
I think 51e are free for now , enjoy while it last brothers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hismond(m): 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
hismond:

Still awaiting responses
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mutmainneen: 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
Bencote:
51e hosts TSTV, Moreplex Tv etc. So, which of the stations are free?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 9:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
hismond:

Still awaiting responses

Yes Boss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kjobas(m): 10:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
Bencote:
Thanks Bencote for the infor, am enjoying mine right now...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:44am On Nov 11, 2021
Mutmainneen:

51e hosts TSTV, Moreplex Tv etc. So, which of the stations are free?
Tstv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 7:47am On Nov 11, 2021
GeorgeD1:

Bros, honestly this 5e don really suffer you oooh.
But if you can get 7e, then you can get 5e easily because both satellites are just 2 degrees apart!
Move your dish to 5e, be mindful of your east and west direction and slowly move the dish as if you're going west.
Make sure you change the TP to 12054v 3000sr (BET Naija). When you hit green, change your Ku lnb back to C band
and blindscan. You're good to go.
Someone told me that 5e is hard to get with 180cm. He also said that the c band is from 240cm and above. I am now confused. I stay in Owerri. I have also attempted 60e c band but no way. Yesterday, my wife was even begging me to leave it and manage the small dishes. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (2268) (2269) (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) ... (2351) (Reply)