Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,980 members, 7,852,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:47 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5477024 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Theloveth(m): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2013
Jackobite: no you can't get anyone there for now!
k bro i will holla at you wen i get the strong dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunny78(m): 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2013
Pidzo.
how are u pls can u send me ur skype id or ur phone number i will call u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
Could some1 giv me strong universal code? I've tried searching d thread but couldn't find it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2013
George_D: @odilibe,
You keep teasing us with these effizzy German channels knowing fully well they're out
of our reach. The way things stand, some of us may get so angry to the point where we
decide to root for 8m and above dishes just to have a bite of these goodies! grin
George_d..up-to 8M dishshocked shocked.....anyone could do house roofing with 8m dish!!! grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
Ameboperoo: Could some1 giv me strong universal code? I've tried searching d thread but couldn't find it.
Have you tried 3010?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:40am On Jan 29, 2013
sunny78: Pidzo.
how are u pls can u send me ur skype id or ur phone number i will call u
Lets set the ball rolling here: local@wegwerfmail.de
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:27am On Jan 29, 2013
odilibe: George_d..up-to 8M dishshocked shocked.....anyone could do house roofing with 8m dish!!! grin grin

@odilibe,
Ha, ha, ha! Yeah, you can roof on 8m.

The shortcomings of ASAS! grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2013
MultiChoice and Irdeto combine in piracy initiative

A year-long investigation, run jointly by the Irdeto Anti-Piracy and Forensics Unit, MultiChoice Africa Anti-Piracy Department and Botswana Police has led to the arrest of two Chinese nationals.

The operation began in December 2011, when a piracy operation purporting to be a refrigerator sales and repair company was discovered to be extracting “control words” from MultiChoice Africa smart cards and then distributing them to consumers that had bought a pirate circumvention devices, such as Magicbox, Avatar, Hawk, Microbox and Eagle.

Control Word Sharing piracy takes place when a pirate steals and retransmits a regularly changing control word that is passed between a smart card and a set-top-box.

The illegal operation was thought to be distributing illegal control words and selling Magicbox pirate circumvention devices to subscribers in Botswana, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Zambia and South Africa. During the raid, the police found and confiscated Magicbox pirate circumvention devices (1800 units), computers, a laptop computer, a smart card reader, MultiChoice Africa smartcards and a large amount of money.

Commenting on the raid, Frikkie Jonker, Senior Africa Piracy manager for MultiChoice Africa, said, “With the support of the Irdeto Anti-Piracy and Forensics Unit and the Botswana Police, the raid was very successful and sent a firm message that this kind of criminal activity will not be tolerated and that strong action will be taken against those who illegally abuse MultiChoice Africa content.”

Irdeto’s senior director of the Irdeto Anti-Piracy & Forensics Unit who has maintained anonymity, said, “As long as there are consumers who are prepared to pay for illegal content, pirates will continue to try to hack encryption systems and turn a profit. One very effective way of addressing this form of piracy is to use technology to disrupt the pirate offering, thereby upsetting the pirate viewer and destroying the pirate credibility. Together with MultiChoice Africa, we will relentlessly fight these illegal businesses on the African continent, using technology and the law to its fullest extent.”

Irdeto says it continues to work with customers around the world to help combat piracy and to bring down the organizations and individuals involved in the illegal distribution of pay TV content.
Europe/London By Julian Clover
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
My advice to Multichoice is to bring down their price, this will in turn reduce d urge to look 4 shortcuts to view ur content, d money used to buy those magic box will come to u, the money 2 be spent on legal action against the illegal distributors and tech to disrupt them will not be necessary, as fewer pple will patronise them, ur costumers will be happy it will be a win-win affairs. I dont know how much this will go in curbing the illegality.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 5:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
odilibe: More birds in the future ,very interesting , seems like 19.2east is very difficult to track as fringe reception in naija...interesting german channels on 19.2east..austriasat 12 channels/orf sports..mtv network 15channelS..canalsat;espn america,tcm,boomerang,boing,cartoon network-kids etc....more birds in futuregrin grin grin
A time will comes when all reasonable birds will land in our dish and our box will no longer showing srambled channel again says by me god's of Fta help us!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chilowosim(m): 8:39pm On Jan 29, 2013
kibukila:

Hi brother,you can get the patch here http://ast-micsupport.net/ I have not tested for SABC since I can not get the signal in East Africa.You can try it to check if it will work for you.

thanks bro for your help with the link for the software of wiztech 8020HD,IT has worked.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dolpaz: 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
Dst***ves released all the channels in our decoder today for the very first time..I mean all channels were up and running despite paying 4000naira subscription...I guess a bug has entered their system
I hope it stays this way
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 6:50am On Jan 30, 2013
Rextab: Its been a busy wknd, i managed 2 nail 16A/Amos 5 and w3A/Astra 4a on one 90cm dish using just 2 lnb's.
The pics of the set up be posted later...
Please post those pictures bro. I want to learn how to try it out
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 8:27am On Jan 30, 2013
pls house,I need help on how to connect 3g modem to 4930L.because tis difficult for me to do.pls explain to me how to go about it.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 9:22am On Jan 30, 2013
quote author=calis2]pls bouse,I need help on how to connect 3g modem to 4930L.because tis difficult for me to do.pls explain to me how to go about it.thanks[/quote]APN- browse PHONE-*99#
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 9:24am On Jan 30, 2013
And prug the modem at back not in front,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 11:52am On Jan 30, 2013
Talenty: Please post those pictures bro. I want to learn how to try it out
A= w3c/Amos 5
B= w3a/Astra 4a

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 1:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
Rextab:
A= w3c/Amos 5
B= w3a/Astra 4a
tenks bro.
Plz gv me tp for astra 4a
regard
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 4:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
If i was the head, marketing of multichoice, i'll advice them to bring out a bouquet just for sports, made up of just SS1 to SS10, SS select, blitz, espn, espn classic and euronews. Let them put the price at say #4000, just like HITV did when they were on, and all this piracy will go. People hack DSTV just for football. Multitv serves the other purpose. QED.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 5:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
What dish size do I need for eutelsat 5 west(entv). Here in eastern Nigeria
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 7:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
olenyi: If i was the head, marketing of multichoice, i'll advice them to bring out a bouquet just for sports, made up of just SS1 to SS10, SS select, blitz, espn, espn classic and euronews. Let them put the price at say #4000, just like HITV did when they were on, and all this piracy will go. People hack DSTV just for football. Multitv serves the other purpose. QED.

@Oleny,
Quite a long time, was about asking after u on sat thread...
Hope all is well?

Best regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2013
olenyi: If i was the head, marketing of multichoice, i'll advice them to bring out a bouquet just for sports, made up of just SS1 to SS10, SS select, blitz, espn, espn classic and euronews. Let them put the price at say #4000, just like HITV did when they were on, and all this piracy will go. People hack DSTV just for football. Multitv serves the other purpose. QED.
While 90% of dstv pirates are those one that invests on small_small antennas!! grin grin grin....seems like espn classic _is on 4.8e_europe-beam
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:23pm On Jan 30, 2013
long time, hope all is well.
Dn't mind the multichoice, if they still refuse to do smth that would satisfy the users, that definately means that they will be still experiencing illegal contents which will be more value to the users untill they do smth that will satisfy the users, by then they will be free from piracy.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 6:35am On Jan 31, 2013
gudmorning Gadotor..pls give me more light on how to use modem for my 4930L.because it is hard for me..4xample,I saw APN--,USERNAME--,PHONE NUMBER--,PASSWORD--,.so Gadotor my senior pls help.or all u wizards in d house pls help me if u knw how 2 go about it.I mean how 2 connect 3g modem 2 hd4930L. thanks 2u wonderful people.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 8:00am On Jan 31, 2013
calis2: gudmorning Gadotor..pls give me more light on how to use modem for my 4930L.because it is hard for me..4xample,I saw APN--,USERNAME--,PHONE NUMBER--,PASSWORD--,.so Gadotor my senior pls help.or all u wizards in d house pls help me if u knw how 2 go about it.I mean how 2 connect 3g modem 2 hd4930L. thanks 2u wonderful people.
nawao.. Bt this thing was answered in this same page..
APN- browse
USERNAME- web
PHONE- *99#
PASWD- web
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 8:13am On Jan 31, 2013
naijaobi:
APN- browse
USERNAME- web
PHONE- *99#
PASWD- web
you just gave a full answer,the previous one wasnt complete. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 10:12am On Jan 31, 2013
naijaobi:
APN- browse
USERNAME- web
PHONE- *99#
PASWD- web
..na now I understood.thank u very much.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 10:16am On Jan 31, 2013
na now u made it clear for me.thank u very much.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 11:04am On Jan 31, 2013
I have posted so many responds on yhis topic and when you reading you will get it all,so go back and read well,there are more there you need to know,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by perfectnerd(m): 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
hello guys,
pls i have a great issue.. I bought a 3M mesh-wire dish, and i was told i could not make use of it for FTA.. or to view Aljzr sports..
please wat can i do to make use of the dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by figment232(m): 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2013
The New redline decoders will be on market on Friday.

With this decoder you don't need router for internet it is in built gprs,3g with any sim card and it is HD so you have your multitv,kktv ourTv and more

it have Ethernet so you can use it for ADSL and it have RS232 port for anything and avatar too
many protocol are in it gscam,evercam,nesscam flyncam,yobo,leemo,cccam,newcam,REDCAM and many more

it support IPTV too.this FTA box work every where and it is universals

just get a good installer to do the job everything is free on this box

no need to subscribe or pay for anything just buy the decoder and enjoy all FTA channels for free
if you put in the sim card then more fire everything will be clear
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by figment232(m): 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2013
figment232: The New redline decoders will be on market on Friday.

With this decoder you don't need router for internet it is in built gprs,3g with any sim card and it is HD so you have your multitv,kktv ourTv and more

it have Ethernet so you can use it for ADSL and it have RS232 port for anything and avatar too
many protocol are in it gscam,evercam,nesscam flyncam,yobo,leemo,cccam,newcam,REDCAM and many more

it support IPTV too.this FTA box work every where and it is universals

just get a good installer to do the job everything is free on this box

no need to subscribe or pay for anything just buy the decoder and enjoy all FTA channels for free
if you put in the sim card then more fire everything will be clear
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
@ 1Hacked wot is the latest on the redline decoder?pls sample ur gsm number so i can call u

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.