Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,912 members, 7,863,149 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:16 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5491658 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2013
[quote author=ayolacz][/quote]where wil i found it.i reside @Anambra state.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by borderline(m): 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2013
To my good friends,George,sammu,olason and others who have been frontiers of the satellite industry for a long time,i say welldone.its been a while but i have taken my time to be up to speed with this thread. Many new and good developments has taken place since i last visited here.It is however sad to see a certain 'Mr i hacked' post obscene and offensive pictures all in the name of promoting a new box. I don't know you or what you do, but i feel you are going against the rules of this noble forum. I hope seun and twinstaiye haven't abandoned this forum to rot away to the extent that obcene pictures are now being posted freely with impunity. In between,i wish to say i have also missed this thread and all you good people. I greet you all!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by figment232(m): 7:52pm On Feb 02, 2013
borderline: To my good friends,George,sammu,olason and others who have been frontiers of the satellite industry for a long time,i say welldone.its been a while but i have taken my time to be up to speed with this thread. Many new and good developments has taken place since i last visited here.It is however sad to see a certain 'Mr i hacked' post obscene and offensive pictures all in the name of promoting a new box. I don't know you or what you do, but i feel you are going against the rules of this noble forum. I hope seun and twinstaiye haven't abandoned this forum to rot away to the extent that obcene pictures are now being posted freely with impunity. In between,i wish to say i have also missed this thread and all you good people. I greet you all!!!

plz someone shld let us knw hw much this redline cost n where we can get it to buy.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by MyHiDsDaar: 8:00pm On Feb 02, 2013
@ all I can tell you that the usb 3g modem can work on your 4930l` all u need to do is to input your isp apn settings like you do on the modem eg web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net password and user name should be web web do the same for other networks using their respective settings. I have done it and it works u can even surf the internet with it however its performance is qui

te low compared to a router; hope it helps
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by MyHiDsDaar: 8:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
[quote author=hancock]
I can authoritatively tell you that most modem will not work out of the box with strong 4930L. Who ever says otherwise should tell us the make of his modem. your best bet is to get a usb wifi reciever (very small and portable) or make use of the lan port at the back of the decoder.[/quote.]. I use airtel cracked huawei usb modem
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by MyHiDsDaar: 8:13pm On Feb 02, 2013
internet settings for set 4930l. apn = black berry.net phone =*99# user name empty password empty. this is for glo for air tel. internet.ng.zain.net etc
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
calis2: where wil i found it.i reside @Anambra state.
im based in port harcourt. My contact is mobile:08130161937,e-mail: ayolacz@yahoo.co.uk, contact address: rumuodomaya civic centre premises,airport road,rumuokoro,port harcourt. if u can come down to ph, u can get one for urself or If u have anyone in ph,he can pick it up for u. if u dont,i do send it through ABC transport,u just need to pay extra for the delivery.

my brother,the solar charger has the strenght of an eagle.it can charge nokia,samsung,blackberry phones etc. and other mobile gagdets like ipod,ipad,digital camera,mp3 player e.t.c. without depending on PHCN
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 9:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
[quote author=MyHiDsDaar][/quote]

Can we talk on phone?
If yes, let me have ur number..
10ks.()
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Swanky092: 10:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
Greetings 2 all Gurus in da house, pls can a 1metre dish track ENTV from eastern Nigeria? Am a newbie smiley
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
simniboma: @ I Hacked How M**ch is the REDLINE TS 3000HD IN GHC

please go back and pick my email

send massege to it and we will answer you or go to https://www.nairaland.com/1116159/how-use-redcam-how-redcam#14134203
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
figment232: plz someone shld let uhttp://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=14131310&topic=712408s knw hw much this redline cost n where we can get it to buy.

please read or get contact at https://www.nairaland.com/1116159/how-use-redcam-how-redcam#14134203
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 12:15am On Feb 03, 2013
@ All, 12275 H 11200 is free at 36 degrees east. Enjoy it while it last.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 7:45am On Feb 03, 2013
Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊и̣̣̣̣̥ r right bro thanks alot
D.lee:
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Swanky092: 8:09am On Feb 03, 2013
Swanky092: Greetings 2 all Gurus in da house, pls can a 1metre dish track ENTV from eastern Nigeria? Am a newbie smiley

Plz someone should answer my question

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lukbayo(m): 8:15am On Feb 03, 2013
How do i get ptv ?I have 1.8m dish and I reside in osun state capital.pls help me on it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kazsat2004: 8:21am On Feb 03, 2013
u are good 2 go with powerfull lnb
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lukbayo(m): 10:18am On Feb 03, 2013
Kazsat2004: u are good 2 go with powerfull lnb
Which type of lnb can i used?i am using HD LNB and get entv and others.but can u tell me d freq and symbol rate that you are using 4 ptv presently.Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2013
figment232: plz someone shld let us knw hw much this redline cost n where we can get it to buy.
I've called the guy in Ghana. He said the price is $150(24000 naira) and 4000 for sending it to Nigeria. So that 29000 naira
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
D.lee:

How many Fta channels can I watch on dis frequencies. Pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by weekpzva(m): 5:18pm On Feb 03, 2013
odilibe: 2.4mtr can not nail this bird in lagos ..the recommended dish size @the edge of the beam coverage of paksat claims 3.5m...i suggest do a track with up-to 5meter Prime focus dish or more grin grin...

Hie,in Zimbabwe l have nailed this bird,but am failing to get filmax and filmazia transponder,am using a shinestar lnbf on a 1.8 prime focus dish.pliz anyone aboard in zimbabwe who have nailed all the transponders,what should l do to nail them?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 5:38pm On Feb 03, 2013
weekpzva:

Hie,in Zimbabwe l have nailed this bird,but am failing to get filmax and filmazia transponder,am using a shinestar lnbf on a 1.8 prime focus dish.pliz anyone aboard in zimbabwe who have nailed all the transponders,what should l do to nail them?

Hi brother,do not exhaust your energy tracking those tp,are always off/on with lowest signal level,one example is this tp 3959V7234 had the highest signal level back in dec 2012,but now is totally red.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sunnepha(m): 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2013
pls d guru wch receiver is more okay 4 fta now & how much doesnt cost
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 03, 2013
George_D:

@badaru,
It's good to see you here. Nilesat 101 seems the only remaining bird out of the old big three that have not retired and I
think it's days are getting increasingly numbered.

Recently we carried out a series of tests for out -of -footprint LNBs and we discovered that the inverto red classic is able to
perform better than stargold fuji and many other LNBs we have long taken to be the standard for nilesat and hotbird.

I will have an opportunity to get real world results here at my end very soon. Will keep you and the house updated when the
time comes.

we are dealer for Inverto LNB in nigeria if you this lnb please send us email on pehlatv@yahoo.com or call our Head office in Dubai +971566938359
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2013
kibukila:

Hi brother,do not exhaust your energy tracking those tp,are always off/on with lowest signal level,one example is this tp 3959V7234 had the highest signal level back in dec 2012,but now is totally red.

USE SHAH LNB it will give Good Signal or send us email pehlatv@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 03, 2013
platorepublic:

How many Fta channels can I watch on dis frequencies. Pls

hi Sir how are you if you want to Renew Pehla or JSC or ADTv card please let us know or you wnat inverto or shah LNB WE SEND YOU PLEASE DROP US EMAIL ON PEHLATV@YAHOO.COM OR CALL +971566938359
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
CAN ANY ONE PLS TELL ME THE TPS FOR NOLLYWOOD AND NOLLYWOOD PLUS ON INTELSAT 7/10 at 68 degree east.TRIED RESCANNING NO WAY,IT WAS SHOWING BEFORE I DELETED ALL THE CHANNELS.THANKS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 03, 2013
George_D:

@badaru,
It's good to see you here. Nilesat 101 seems the only remaining bird out of the old big three that have not retired and I
think it's days are getting increasingly numbered.

Recently we carried out a series of tests for out -of -footprint LNBs and we discovered that the inverto red classic is able to
perform better than stargold fuji and many other LNBs we have long taken to be the standard for nilesat and hotbird.

I will have an opportunity to get real world results here at my end very soon. Will keep you and the house updated when the
time comes.

if you want Inverto LNb we have in Stock in Good price please drop us email on pehlatv@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:24am On Feb 04, 2013
borderline: To my good friends,George,sammu,olason and others who have been frontiers of the satellite industry for a long time,i say welldone.its been a while but i have taken my time to be up to speed with this thread. Many new and good developments has taken place since i last visited here.It is however sad to see a certain 'Mr i hacked' post obscene and offensive pictures all in the name of promoting a new box. I don't know you or what you do, but i feel you are going against the rules of this noble forum. I hope seun and twinstaiye haven't abandoned this forum to rot away to the extent that obcene pictures are now being posted freely with impunity. In between,i wish to say i have also missed this thread and all you good people. I greet you all!!!

@borderline,
Its good to see you back after such a long time. Yes, FTA has moved on since its early days and we now have a lot new members in the house. One of them is 'I hacked' which you mentioned. He's been one of the Ghanaian frontier members pushing the limits of FTA at that end. I must say though some of his posts are at times less than savory but we've learnt to put up with them.

Now that you're back, I hope you do take time to visit more often. Together we could return the forum back to what it used to be. VIVA FTA!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:30am On Feb 04, 2013
smajeedmc:

we are dealer for Inverto LNB in nigeria if you this lnb please send us email on pehlatv@yahoo.com or call our Head office in Dubai +971566938359

@smajeedmc,
You seem so intent on selling us these lnbs of yours. I hope they're the original type?

Anyways, you got mail!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 8:34am On Feb 04, 2013
Has anyone ever tried using an HH motor with C band LNB? I tried last weekend (Cband on 1.35 offset dish) and the LNB couldnt work. The sat finder goes to maximum and stays there and LNB is unresponsive. But when I bypass the HH motor everything is fine. Maybe someone knows a solution to this? By the way I used a strong combined C/KU lnb and the KU part worked but the Cband part behaved as described above.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:51am On Feb 04, 2013
@All,
I finally got round to reviving my 3 - in - 1 COMSTAR dish over the weekend. It has been down for over a Year and within
this period, I've been totally in the dark when it comes to C band issues. Now the dish is back and even better.

Thanks a lot to Lyngsat where I gleaned almost all the active transponders on the East and West. And, what a difference
a year makes in satellite technology! Apart from a few standing transponders, almost all have changed. Satellites
that once held sway more than a year ago are now obsolete!

Anyways, after changing both C band lnbs, Jack and positioner, I got a head way and I'm pleased to see most forgotten
stations back and dancing on my screen again. Apart from Ajazeera, EATV, ITV,Citzen, etc on the East side, I also got
CNN, DW-TV,TBN, Smile of a Child, JCTV and NTA on the West among others.

More details will be posted along with pictures during the week. VIVA FTA!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loluc90(m): 9:05am On Feb 04, 2013
George_D: @All,
I finally got round to reviving my 3 - in - 1 COMSTAR dish over the weekend. It has been down for over a Year and within
this period, I've been totally in the dark when it comes to C band issues. Now the dish is back and even better.

Thanks a lot to Lyngsat where I gleaned almost all the active transponders on the East and West. And, what a difference
a year makes in satellite technology! Apart from a few standing transponders, almost all have changed. Satellites
that once held sway more than a year ago are now obsolete!

Anyways, after changing both C band lnbs, Jack and positioner, I got a head way and I'm pleased to see most forgotten
stations back and dancing on my screen again. Apart from Ajazeera, EATV, ITV,Citzen, etc on the East side, I also got
CNN, DW-TV,TBN, Smile of a Child, JCTV and NTA on the West among others.

More details will be posted along with pictures during the week. VIVA FTA!
@ George_D thumbs up,expecting the pictures as u said sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.