Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5444980 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2013
agyengo: pls send me ur email let me help u...ok thnk u..

Chukwudiadindu1@ovi.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2013
sammu: @ all. If ur 69x and 69xii is upgrading itself by OTA, change ur firmware to middle east version. Get it at www.wizkid.persiangig.com >software patch. Goodluck
That is nice but one can still configure his/her 69 series reciever so that it will never upgrade on it own. It is simple. Just go to menu with your remote then enter pin. Scroll down to OTA menu and press ok. Change scan mode from default to user. Scroll down to satellite and change it to something like this "0.0E----", scroll down to frequency and change it to something like this "[1] 0.000 GHz". Symbol rate should remain like this "0.000 MS/s. Then save your setting. After that, your reciever will freeze then switch off your reciever from the back and switch it on again and go back to the OTA menu, press ok with your remote then press exit and your reciever will ask you "DO YOU WANT TO SAVE? Then save and your reciever will never think of upgrading through OTA. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ucheo: 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hi Gurus in d house, please am using 4 LNB in 3 dish( 4 in 1 Diseqe), any time i change a station that involves a different direction or LNB, it will show me No Signal, after some seconds, the station will start, some times if I change station in the same direction like 36'East same no signal will occur. wht can be d cause?

Please any advise will be apprciated
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2013
How can i go inside menu when OTA dwnld is occupy my screen pls give me stage by stage
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 7:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
D.lee:
That is nice but one can still configure his/her 69 series reciever so that it will never upgrade on it own. It is simple. Just go to menu with your remote then enter pin. Scroll down to OTA menu and press ok. Change scan mode from default to user. Scroll down to satellite and change it to something like this "0.0E----", scroll down to frequency and change it to something like this "[1] 0.000 GHz". Symbol rate should remain like this "0.000 MS/s. Then save your setting. After that, your reciever will freeze then switch off your reciever from the back and switch it on again and go back to the OTA menu, press ok with your remote then press exit and your reciever will ask you "DO YOU WANT TO SAVE? Then save and your reciever will never think of upgrading through OTA. Thank you.
pls how can i do dis bec wen i switch on it wil bring OTA downloading pls teach me bec am confuse it started today
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
ucheo:
Hi Gurus in d house, please am using 4 LNB in 3 dish( 4 in 1 Diseqe), any time i change a station that involves a different direction or LNB, it will show me No Signal, after some seconds, the station will start, some times if I change station in the same direction like 36'East same no signal will occur. wht can be d cause?

Run a fresh cable from the diseq to your receiver.
That problem occurs most times when their are joinings on the cable with the cable too long to the receiver.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 8:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
D.lee:
I have used this technique for some time now but what I have realised is that when you switch to any of MyTv's station, the decorder (strong) will automatical switch back to the default OTA and immediately NEW S/W appears on the right bottom corner of your screen. When such happens and you do not revert your OTA menu off the default and you put off your set , any time you start your set it will download the new software
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinis09: 8:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
Kosemanik: pls how can i do dis bec wen i switch on it wil bring OTA downloading pls teach me bec am confuse it started today
wat u hav 2 do is remove multi tv cable frm ur diseqc switch or ensure dat d multi tv cable is nt connect 2 ur box,so as to stop d ota 4rm damagin ur box.bt if ur box is original al u hav 2 do is upload d latest patch (3.02p) 2 ur box nd it wil stop d ota nd it wil also enable u 2 continue enjoyin ur dongle.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 8:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
new channels on Eutelsat 36ab @36 E(dstv position)
Freq 12475
Symbol rate 26.039
Polarity H
enjoy while FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 9:12pm On Feb 27, 2013
simniboma: I have used this technique for some time now but what I have realised is that when you switch to any of MyTv's station, the decorder (strong) will automatical switch back to the default OTA and immediately NEW S/W appears on the right bottom corner of your screen. When such happens and you do not revert your OTA menu off the default and you put off your set , any time you start your set it will download the new software
sir are u saying their is noway out from this so called OTA upgrade?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 9:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
akinis09: wat u hav 2 do is remove multi tv cable frm ur diseqc switch or ensure dat d multi tv cable is nt connected 2 ur box,so as to stop d ota 4rm damagin ur box.bt if ur box is original al u hav 2 do is upload d latest patch (3.02p) 2 ur box nd it wil stop d ota nd it wil also enable u 2 continue enjoyin ur dongle.
D.lee is right about methodology of blocking OTA menu download or change the sat name from intelsat7/10 to other sat.over!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 9:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
@ All if anyone having no audio on infinty box @ real tv channel that carries aljazeera news&other press freeze botton twice for audio switch.over!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 5:43am On Feb 28, 2013
What u need to do is to change your disceq switch , it is weak , it happen to me too , eventhough initially i don't know it is switch that cause it but one day i want to help a friend to track and i didn't remember to buy to buy switch , so i have to remove the one am using to do his own and so when i bought another one to replace my own that problem no longer occur that is i conclude that it is the formal switch that cause no signal when switching from one satellite to another

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olonaidrisyahoocom(m): 6:32am On Feb 28, 2013
Hello good people is infinty stil workng?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 6:48am On Feb 28, 2013
Lunsat:

Is this IHACKED TV or what? You say "if this is successful" sounds like a trial and error FTA project rather than a professional project by a big time investor. Please shade more light.

no this is not i hacked Tv but it is new uplink for new FTA channels i have talk about here
just want those who are following to know why it is not on yet

when i came to Nigeria big time satellite guys join hands for this type of project and we were successful
and they will understand this more than satellite TV installer
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mide8e(m): 8:06am On Feb 28, 2013
Pls, how can i watct those
scramble chanels on w3c/amos5 wit my 4669xii?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 8:30am On Feb 28, 2013
Lanceosas: sir are u saying their is noway out from this so called OTA upgrade?
I am not saying that. there are several options. you can update 69x and 69xii with the latest s/w version 302 from Crosat, also by using the ideas of Sammu. even by carefully disconneting the coxial cable from the set before the download compltes stops the upgrade. What I am saying is that when you are using the "old" s/w and you change the OTA menu from default to user any time you visit the mytv channels on 68.E the OTA menu automatically reverts back to the default.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 8:40am On Feb 28, 2013
sammu: new channels on Eutelsat 36ab @36 E(dstv position)
Freq 12475
Symbol rate 26.039
Polarity H
enjoy while FTA
wat channels are there?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 8:58am On Feb 28, 2013
Lanceosas: sir are u saying their is noway out from this so called OTA upgrade?

What i have noticed is that if u are accesing myTv channels esp via card,then it is impossible to escape OTA.
So the best way to avoid OTA other than changing the settings from Default to user is by completly deleting the MyTv frequncies by so doing u will cut all communications btwn the OTA server and ur reciever.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugasat(m): 9:06am On Feb 28, 2013
ucheo:
Hi Gurus in d house, please am using 4 LNB in 3 dish( 4 in 1 Diseqe), any time i change a station that involves a different direction or LNB, it will show me No Signal, after some seconds, the station will start, some times if I change station in the same direction like 36'East same no signal will occur. wht can be d cause? Please any advise will be apprciated
@ Ucheo
What model of receiver are you using? I have SRT 4930 that shows the same signs, i.e. not switching
instantaneously to another channel on another satellite in a DiSEqC system. I have changed and interchanged
cables and switches but the problem still persists. I also saw similar problems on rdi forum with owners of SRT 4930
receivers. So far I have not heard of any cure to this problem.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sundayakasdy(m): 9:12am On Feb 28, 2013
ucheo:

Bro i advice you change your diseq to either pauxis or strong but make sure the signal on each satel is ok.hope this help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Heko: 9:15am On Feb 28, 2013
calis2: What is d frequency n symbol rate,d size of dish n position weather east or west?.give us real info so that we will help u.tnx.

tnx for replay bro, i nailed this TRENET chanal b/n 68e and 57e. It's ku band lnb and dish size 90cm.

Here it tp 11487 h 3333
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Heko: 9:30am On Feb 28, 2013
Adex70: u just nail intel sat 20 it is stil have unisa. mind set.telemedia ir is above mytv just alittle

r u sure bro Here it tp 11487 h 3333
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 9:40am On Feb 28, 2013
@ All did anyone peep on this channel Ortb{burkinafaso}m6,Ortm{mali}Afriba no1,france2,france4,Rtl9,TMC etc
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:26am On Feb 28, 2013
Heko:

r u sure bro Here it tp 11487 h 3333
they are in intelsat17 the rest tp are 11498h2400 and 11456h45000 11506h12437
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:34am On Feb 28, 2013
Jackobite: @ All did anyone peep on this channel Ortb{burkinafaso}m6,Ortm{mali}Afriba no1,france2,france4,Rtl9,TMC etc
@jacko all this listed chanel are in cannal package at ses 7 @22w former nss7
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 10:58am On Feb 28, 2013
Adex70: @jacko all this listed chanel are in cannal package at ses 7 @22w former nss7
Ok! Adex70 copy that over!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nnachi404(m): 11:34am On Feb 28, 2013
good gays am happy to u all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 11:36am On Feb 28, 2013
Pidzo: @ALL
New software for SRT 4920 and 4922 supporting WIFI is out. Get it here: http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?PHPSESSID=0db8da90a7842d154e7a60ace040283a&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East cool

@Pidzo,
How do i go by my srt4930L?
I can't use my modem on it. Do u think all i need is
to be using dis machine without enjoying all the
features embedded in it??
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
olushaggy:

@Pidzo,
How do i go by my srt4930L?
I can't use my modem on it. Do u think all i need is
to be using dis machine without enjoying all the
features embedded in it??
You hav to use crackd modem ie uni...al,u knw what i mean.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
ANYTIME U'RE XPIRIENCIN DISEQ PROS...JUST GO 2 UR RECEIVER AND ENTER INTALLATION DEN 2 DISEC SETTING..JST SET UR DISH ON D DISEC 1.0 DEN GO DOWN 2 DISEQ 1.1 JUST CHOOSE ANY NUMBR FRM 1 TO 16 U LIKE.XMPLE,...D1 ISTO 5/16,,,D2 ISTO 4/16,,,D3 ISTO 1/16...D4 ISTO 2/16.JST SET UR DISH AT DISEQ 1.0.N THEN GO DOWN 2 DISEQ 1.1.TNX
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 2:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
calis2: You hav to use crackd modem ie uni...al,u knw what i mean.

How can i do dat?
But i noticed that the 1 am using accept all sim...

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.