Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5460227 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 3:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
Pls how can i put latest software to my strong 69x to stop OTA dwnload, where can i download it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
can someone help me why is that some transponders go down during the day and pick up during the night? Can this problem be solved by increasing dish size?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshinmichael: 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
Pls which sat can i use to search for multi tv stations?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yomkris(m): 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
D.lee:
That is nice but one can still configure his/her 69 series reciever so that it will never upgrade on it own. It is simple. Just go to menu with your remote then enter pin. Scroll down to OTA menu and press ok. Change scan mode from default to user. Scroll down to satellite and change it to something like this "0.0E----", scroll down to frequency and change it to something like this "[1] 0.000 GHz". Symbol rate should remain like this "0.000 MS/s. Then save your setting. After that, your reciever will freeze then switch off your reciever from the back and switch it on again and go back to the OTA menu, press ok with your remote then press exit and your reciever will ask you "DO YOU WANT TO SAVE? Then save and your reciever will never think of upgrading through OTA. Thank you.
u have just said it all. Datz d best way out. Anyway in addition 4d newbies, wen u switch on and ur decoder starts OTA, Just switch it off then remove d lnb cable at d back. U can now switch on ur box again, it wil try to do OTA Dwnload 4some seconds and then restart and boot normally. U can now follow d steps given 2u by d guru above.. fta 4eva.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yomkris(m): 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
D.lee:
That is nice but one can still configure his/her 69 series reciever so that it will never upgrade on it own. It is simple. Just go to menu with your remote then enter pin. Scroll down to OTA menu and press ok. Change scan mode from default to user. Scroll down to satellite and change it to something like this "0.0E----", scroll down to frequency and change it to something like this "[1] 0.000 GHz". Symbol rate should remain like this "0.000 MS/s. Then save your setting. After that, your reciever will freeze then switch off your reciever from the back and switch it on again and go back to the OTA menu, press ok with your remote then press exit and your reciever will ask you "DO YOU WANT TO SAVE? Then save and your reciever will never think of upgrading through OTA. Thank you.
u have just said it all. Datz d best way out. Anyway in addition 4d newbies, wen u switch on and ur decoder starts OTA, Just switch it off then remove d lnb cable at d back. U can now switch on ur box again, it wil try to do OTA Dwnload 4some seconds and then restart and boot normally. U can now follow d steps given 2u by d guru above.. fta 4eva.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi1(m): 4:51pm On Feb 28, 2013
Oshinmichael: Pls which sat can i use to search for multi tv stations?

Any ku sat should do. But u can use astra 2abdf and track wif 12523 V 19530.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2013
hon1977: can someone help me why is that some transponders go down during the day and pick up during the night? Can this problem be solved by increasing dish size?
Some transponders go down during the day due to... an increase in noise power/interference due to the sun's radiation degrading satellite signals,radiation from the sun is a combination of electromagnetic waves ranging from infrared and ultraviolet rays etc, radiation from the sun is more active @11am t0 5pm..... from 7pm till morning in the absence of sun's radiation ,can have an effect on satellite signals....thereby causing satellite signal increase at night...you may increase dish size to get a good signal above threshold but this problem can't be solved
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
odilibe: Some transponders go down during the day due to... an increase in noise power/interference due to the sun's radiation degrading satellite signals,radiation from the sun is a combination of electromagnetic waves ranging from infrared and ultraviolet rays etc, radiation from the sun is active @11am t0 5pm..... from 7pm till morning in the absence of sun's radiation ,can have an effect on satellite signals....thereby causing satellite signal increase at night...you may increase dish size to get a good signal above threshold but this problem can't be solved
Totally agree with u .my nile goes off betw 12pm&7pm it came back & increase@ nigth on 2'4prime focus still looking 4 a way 2increas the dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ucheo: 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
@ Ucheo
What model of receiver are you using? I have SRT 4930 that shows the same signs, i.e. not switching
instantaneously to another channel on another satellite in a DiSEqC system. I have changed and interchanged
cables and switches but the problem still persists. I also saw similar problems on rdi forum with owners of SRT 4930
receivers. So far I have not heard of any cure to this problem.

Bros am using Orton decoder, i will work on the diseq and also check the wiring this weekend, its weird, changing chanels and the thing is showing No signal.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
sammu: new channels on Eutelsat 36ab @36 E(dstv position)
Freq 12475
Symbol rate 26.039
Polarity H
enjoy while FTA
i input it but not showing green
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 6:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
sammu: new channels on Eutelsat 36ab @36 E(dstv position)
Freq 12475
Symbol rate 26.039
Polarity H
enjoy while FTA
i input it but not showing green and which channel is there
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
u will have to upgrade your orton to correct the problem
look for ILTV firmware for opticum x403p on sat-universe.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by perfectnerd(m): 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2013
Brand new 3M comm star dish for sale!!!! cheap price.. email.. kalejaiyeao@gmail.com
for more details..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 8:22pm On Feb 28, 2013
Abeg make una help me...oo'after upgrading my decoder no wan start ...oo'i mean it shows nothing...oo!my strong na 4669xii'or is it fake?and how do i knw fake?please guys help am crying!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2013
Jackobite: @ All if anyone having no audio on infinty box @ real tv channel that carries aljazeera news&other press freeze botton twice for audio switch.over!

Pls what's d frequency for infinity
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 9:53pm On Feb 28, 2013
for ur srt4930L try universat modem,d line u hav to use are eti n airt..u knw what i mean.dont use evrywhere u go b/c i go monitor evrythng u do.just plug d mdm at d back of ur rcvr.tnx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 9:55pm On Feb 28, 2013
for ur srt4930L try universat modem,d line u hav to use are eti n airt..u knw what i mean.dont use evrywhere u go b/c him go monitor evrythng u do.just plug d mdm at d back of ur rcvr.tnx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2013
This is picture my decoder showned this evening when I swicthed it on what is thw meaning O̶̷͡Ƒ this new s/w.please help me out

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
Yinka4dad: This is picture my decoder showned this evening when I swicthed it on what is thw meaning O̶̷͡Ƒ this new s/w.please help me out
It means new software:s/w just joking....grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
Chukstaker: Abeg make una help me...oo'after upgrading my decoder no wan start ...oo'i mean it shows nothing...oo!my strong na 4669xii'or is it fake?and how do i knw fake?please guys help am crying!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 11:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
Chukstaker: Abeg make una help me...oo'after upgrading my decoder no wan start ...oo'i mean it shows nothing...oo!my strong na 4669xii'or is it fake?and how do i knw fake?please guys help am crying!

@Chukstaker:
Do a box-box firmware transfer to revive your box. use a 4669xii box o. Amen.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 11:47pm On Feb 28, 2013
Yinka4dad: This is picture my decoder showned this evening when I swicthed it on what is thw meaning O̶̷͡Ƒ this new s/w.please help me out
it means a new software is in waiting. if you put off your deoder and put it om again it will start the download and installation of the new software. if you are not sure of the genuineness of your set select a channel that doe not belong to the mytv group, change the OTA menu from default to uer including the frequency before you put off your set. if you have put it off already then disconnect the lnb from the decorder before switching in on.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 3:44am On Mar 01, 2013
I got two dishes: 90cm facing w3c/amos5 and 65cm hooked unto multitv. How come OTA still succeeded in taking over my set up and gpt my decoder upgraded yesterday afternoon even though I don't have any of the dishes pointed to IS7/10?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 5:41am On Mar 01, 2013
lovala: I got two dishes: 90cm facing w3c/amos5 and 65cm hooked unto multitv. How come OTA still succeeded in taking over my set up and gpt my decoder upgraded yesterday afternoon even though I don't have any of the dishes pointed to IS7/10?
they also send OTA tru Astra2f now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 6:03am On Mar 01, 2013
lovala: I got two dishes: 90cm facing w3c/amos5 and 65cm hooked unto multitv. How come OTA still succeeded in taking over my set up and gpt my decoder upgraded yesterday afternoon even though I don't have any of the dishes pointed to IS7/10?
@ All this is getting tighter than expected can it be w3c&multi tv that is causing the link of the upgrade to take place in satmate house,if the OTA menu setting is not adjusted then w3c & multi is bringing the link or @ lovala are u peepin @ 36¤ ? If yes then their is fire on the mountain. So with that, the upgrade does not comes from 68¤ alone but other sat is helpin in sending harmful file to our STB {BEWARE ENEMY AT WORK !} CYBER WARFARE HAD BEGUN!.@ all in other part of Africa comfirm this so we can do rough survey of this attack .over!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 7:40am On Mar 01, 2013
Ameboperoo: they also send OTA tru Astra2f now
true talk. a lot more people have picked the update thru Astra 2f. I believe strong is working thru their partners to update their sets
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 7:46am On Mar 01, 2013
Thanks boss I don't v any mytv channel any more on my decoder but I ll do as you say sir but after doing that what should I do again
simniboma: it means a new software is in waiting. if you put off your deoder and put it om again it will start the download and installation of the new software. if you are not sure of the genuineness of your set select a channel that doe not belong to the mytv group, change the OTA menu from default to uer including the frequency before you put off your set. if you have put it off already then disconnect the lnb from the decorder before switching in on.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 8:29am On Mar 01, 2013
After doing so its still showing new s/w
Yomkris:
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:02am On Mar 01, 2013
Adex70: Totally agree with u .my nile goes off betw 12pm&7pm it came back & increase@ nigth on 2'4prime focus still looking 4 a way 2increas the dish.
Adex70...may be you should upgrade to 3meter or so..instead looking for a way to increase the dish....i was told about 3weeks ago that 3meter pan dish cost about 45000 naira in onitsha...i will be replacing my 2.4meter pan dish with 3m pan @ my place in enugu anytime soon...may get a good signal with 3mtr pan dish @ nilesat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:27am On Mar 01, 2013
@all,
Confirmed new channels (clear) on Eutelsat 36A @36E. I got mine different from Sammu
so maybe these new TPs may have just popped up after his post:

11862H 275000sr and 11881H 275000

AIT, Channels TV, Eurosport News, Silverbird, NTAi, Soundcity, ETC

Maybe its a feed or big brother could be up to their usual dirty tricks.

Anyhow, enjoy while it lasts! cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 9:32am On Mar 01, 2013
All PayTV providers upgrade their receivers from time to time and it is normally done OTA. Multi-TV is also selling Strong Decoders, I believe big brother must be threatening them plus the dog has been chewing mercilessly all bones thrown at it. Decoder upgrading is twofold here, one is to take out pirate boxes, two is to close the gate that gives access to dogs for a free meal. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:48am On Mar 01, 2013
Below, a few screen shots.

Eurosport:

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.