Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,341 members, 7,843,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5466889 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
WHY CAN'T U ASK URSELF.IS DIS OTA UPGRADE OCCURES WHEN WATCHING B.B.MULTI TV,AMOS5,SES5,ARABSAT OR EVEN NILESAT?.UR RECEIVER CAN NOT JUST JUMP INTO OTA,WHEN U ARE WATCHING OTHER SAT.BUT WATCH MYTV IP WILL ENTER AUTO UPGRADE.,BE U WIZKID,CROSAT,SUPER-SAT N NETKEY MYTV NO SPARE.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2013
calis2: WHY CAN'T U ASK URSELF.IS DIS OTA UPGRADE OCCURES WHEN WATCHING B.B.MULTI TV,AMOS5,SES5,ARABSAT OR EVEN NILESAT?.UR RECEIVER CAN NOT JUST JUMP INTO OTA,WHEN U ARE WATCHING OTHER SAT.BUT WATCH MYTV IP WILL ENTER AUTO UPGRADE.,BE U WIZKID,CROSAT,SUPER-SAT N NETKEY MYTV NO SPARE.
nwanne calm down
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
George D,d lee do you believe that after my repairer do the refresh upgrading this OTA is still showing again should I download this software @ crosat to do it myself
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 7:16pm On Mar 03, 2013
Adex70: @all final solution 2 69x &69x11 OTA problem download the software 302p from crosat they are 2 one for 69x &another one for 69x11 note they can not work for each other that is the only solution.

lets get this straight,installing software doesnt stop OTA. Wateva software u install wether from crosat or middle east as long as the OTA on ur box is enabled it ll upgrade.
THE ONLY WORKING SOLUTION IS BY DELETING THE MYTV TP'S COZ THATS THE FREQ USED TO TRASMIT OTA, SO IF U DELETE THEM IT WILL FAIL TO DOWNLOAD EVRY TIME U SWITCH UR BOX ON.
THEN AVOID UNNESSARY AUTO & blind scan becoz it brings the MYTV freq back.copy that!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 7:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
HAV U HEARD IT FRM D LAST POST.DOWNLOAD SW WITH OPTION THEN STAY AWAY FRm MYTV TP'S.EKENE KWAA M UNU.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2013
30 new channels on Amos5k 11356h44996.can u confirm if the signal is ok @ur sides?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by perfectnerd(m): 7:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
figment232: how much is it

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
The upgrading issues will still be back next month if you guy's dont protect ur rx against such treat being mpeg4 this can still hit other box from the same brand Hd might not be as lucky as mpeg .....so get the OTA MENU adjusted and tp deleted it can come through astra28 as well mind you strong branded box is one of the marked model for use!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Wiserfool: 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
Rextab:

lets get this straight,installing software doesnt stop OTA. Wateva software u install wether from crosat or middle east as long as the OTA on ur box is enabled it ll upgrade.
THE ONLY WORKING SOLUTION IS BY DELETING THE MYTV TP'S COZ THATS THE FREQ USED TO TRASMIT OTA, SO IF U DELETE THEM IT WILL FAIL TO DOWNLOAD EVRY TIME U SWITCH UR BOX ON.
THEN AVOID UNNESSARY AUTO & blind scan becoz it brings the MYTV freq back.copy that!

what do we do with Astra 2F update? which tp do we delete? cry
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Wiserfool: 8:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
roman001: 30 new channels on Amos5k 11356h44996.can u confirm if the signal is ok @ur sides?
Give some names of the channels please
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
Yinka4dad: George D,d lee do you believe that after my repairer do the refresh upgrading this OTA is still showing again should I download this software @ crosat to do it myself
Hello bro, try and configure your reciever the way I posted it sometimes ago and see what will happen. My sd reciever have never upgraded itself and will never upgrade itself through OTA as long as the OTA menu is not on any particular satellite. They will always hunt it down as long as it is fake but if your reciever is n't fake, well no cause of alarm.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 9:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
Wiserfool:

what do we do with Astra 2F update? which tp do we delete? cry
did it upgrade while on Astra 2f??
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
roman001: 30 new channels on Amos5k 11356h44996.can u confirm if the signal is ok @ur sides?
its red at my ends,wat good channels are there?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2013
Setoop: i hope this has not damage your decoder , what happen is that you have allow the positive and negative terminal of the coaxial cable that supply voltage from the box to diseqc switch to join together somewhere along the line (or to lnbf, if you not using switch )make sure you separate them ,it might probabily be the point where u use connector (check both the point of connection to box n switch and make sure that the hard wire at center didn't touch the flexible outside )
Old Strong receivers normally and automatically shuts itself down to prevent damage...when two terminals of the coaxial cable joins together....if that happens you need to use the on/off switch at back panel of the receiver switch it off and put it on again ,the receiver will start to function again..but in this case the receiver didn't shut down itself or have they started using cheap hardware grin grin
grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
Rextab:
its red at my ends,wat good channels are there?
consat package frm Ghana on test transmissn
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
Rextab:

@ rextab u are wrong are u going 2 delete mytv & ur multi tv tp then how will wach ur joy tv if u delete the tp because OTA is both on multi tv & mytv. But download themain sw and ur box will never (i repeat)never do ota both on mytv&multi tv. my children set up are mytv.multi tv.36e&amos while i use 2,4motorise 4rm mytv to intelsat 907 @27west. after this post i will not say any thing about ota again.AS@ 2day i have upgrade 7box with this sw & it put stop 2 ota both on mytv & multitv what did i need a sw with newspaper that will be giving me ota problem for?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
Thanks bro I saw your message I tried to search for it I didn't see it except the 1 you sent to me yesterday kindly please resend it to me am sorry for the inconvinent
D.lee:
Hello bro, try and configure your reciever the way I posted it sometimes ago and see what will happen. My sd reciever have never upgraded itself and will never upgrade itself through OTA as long as the OTA menu is not on any particular satellite. They will always hunt it down as long as it is fake but if your reciever is n't fake, well no cause of alarm.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 9:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
Pls , i need urgent reply to this , the code to access installation on my strong decoder has been changed from default code to unknown number , how can i do this without having to change memory ic , pls i need urgent assistance
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jibrill7(m): 10:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
Setoop: Pls , i need urgent reply to this , the code to access installation on my strong decoder has been changed from default code to unknown number , how can i do this without having to change memory ic , pls i need urgent assistance

dial 0103 and it will be ok
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 6:14am On Mar 04, 2013
Yinka4dad: Thanks bro I saw your message I tried to search for it I didn't see it except the 1 you sent to me yesterday kindly please resend it to me am sorry for the inconvinent
@ Yinka4dad, check page 285. You will see it there, thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Wiserfool: 7:02am On Mar 04, 2013
Rextab:
did it upgrade while on Astra 2f??
very much so. Just like on Intelsat 20 the OTA updates are also on Astra 2F undecided
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 10:01am On Mar 04, 2013
pls room,any body that has the real solution to the OTA issue should add me on my 2go,Lanson1 or lanceuwa@gmail.com.Am even ready to pay.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 10:38am On Mar 04, 2013
Wiserfool:
very much so. Just like on Intelsat 20 the OTA updates are also on Astra 2F undecided
I bought my srt4669x #20,000 only since february 2009..so dat I can watch MULTI.TV since 2009 to 2013,I hav never noticed any OTA upgrading.even now im talking i am watching Gc one.no Ota upgrade.so knw d type of srt u are using.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 04, 2013
house,is it possible to nail these two birds on one dish- w3c and multi tv? viva fta
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 04, 2013
calis2: I bought my srt4669x #20,000 only since february 2009..so dat I can watch MULTI.TV since 2009 to 2013,I hav never noticed any OTA upgrading.even now im talking i am watching Gc one.no Ota upgrade.so knw d type of srt u are using.
jus wait for ur own turn.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
THanks a lot my bro
D.lee:
@ Yinka4dad, check page 285. You will see it there, thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 1:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
I am happy about OTA upgrading.in that case.I want also Amos5,Eutelsat16east,ses5 n even nilesat all the satellite tv to carry OTA upgrade,b/c dongle has made us LAZY.we are not able to go into research again 4 fta..If u watch from d begin of this fta thread,u wil c gud infos like those trying how 2 get nilesat wit 90cm,dish constructions..THIS FINDING MAY GIV SOME1 GUD JOB.but dongle has made us LAZY.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Wiserfool: 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
calis2: I am happy about OTA upgrading.in that case.I want also Amos5,Eutelsat16east,ses5 n even nilesat all the satellite tv to carry OTA upgrade,b/c dongle has made us LAZY.we are not able to go into research again 4 fta..If u watch from d begin of this fta thread,u wil c gud infos like those trying how 2 get nilesat wit 90cm,dish constructions..THIS FINDING MAY GIV SOME1 GUD JOB.but dongle has made us LAZY.
I agree with you...too much laziness and always thinking of how to steal from service providers grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
It will be good to get your self Redline decoder and stop all this OTA wahala

grin grin grin grin

noting go pass Redline decoder grin If your are thinking of free to air TV then think of Redline decoder both C band and ku band .and if it is mpeg2 mpeg4 s2 HD FTA Redline wll say yes and if it is about huhu and wewe business too Redline all the way

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yomkris(m): 2:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
Yomkris:
exactly, my 4669xii got upgraded tru d OTA and it doesnt have option as part of installatn submenu..
@all Pls what is the effect of this absence of option.. Can i still download d one at crosat and instal it may be it can replace d one 4rm OTA. Ur response wil b appreciated.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
I Hacked: It will be good to get your self Redline decoder and stop all this OTA wahala

grin grin grin grin

noting go pass Redline decoder grin If your are thinking of free to air TV then think of Redline decoder both C band and ku band .and if it is mpeg2 mpeg4 s2 HD FTA Redline wll say yes and if it is about huhu and wewe business too Redline all the way

how much naira can make me place my hand on thi receiver
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
D.lee I did that way but it was still doing the same thing
D.lee:
That is nice but one can still configure his/her 69 series reciever so that it will never upgrade on it own. It is simple. Just go to menu with your remote then enter pin. Scroll down to OTA menu and press ok. Change scan mode from default to user. Scroll down to satellite and change it to something like this "0.0E----", scroll down to frequency and change it to something like this "[1] 0.000 GHz". Symbol rate should remain like this "0.000 MS/s. Then save your setting. After that, your reciever will freeze then switch off your reciever from the back and switch it on again and go back to the OTA menu, press ok with your remote then press exit and your reciever will ask you "DO YOU WANT TO SAVE? Then save and your reciever will never think of upgrading through OTA. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.