Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5458947 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 7:28am On Mar 06, 2013
Oromia tv on Eutelsat 17 showed mann utd vs Real Madrid yesterday.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 7:38am On Mar 06, 2013
olenyi1:

For ur dish size, u dont need any special lnb. Just get ur self a strong or pauxis lnb. I believe these two are the cheapest in the market.

Regards.

thanks baaaws....i shall lyk to knw d best lnb to buy, do yu knw which is d best irrespective of price?? Tnx Sire!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 7:41am On Mar 06, 2013
Talkwisdom: Pls Gurus help me,i have srt 4669x11 dat alwez do OTA download everyday and afta downloading,it won't come on again,i have spent almost #10,000 in reviving d decoder,pls,is there any practical way i can stop dis OTA download permanently mysef...Pls am begging
the only way to prevent it is to unscrew ur cable before u on your reciever
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 7:42am On Mar 06, 2013
Supersport 9. East is on free for now @ 36 dg east 11881 h 27500
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 7:43am On Mar 06, 2013
Talkwisdom: Pls Gurus help me,i have srt 4669x11 dat alwez do OTA download everyday and afta downloading,it won't come on again,i have spent almost #10,000 in reviving d decoder,pls,is there any practical way i can stop dis OTA download permanently mysef...Pls am begging
any time ur decoder is upgrading through OTA,just put OFF ur reciver and remove ur LNB cable frm the back of ur decoder,after which put ON ur decoder and when it stop upgrading just put back ur LNB cable and u are good to go
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 8:03am On Mar 06, 2013
But with my 90m and I got even 88% on 12015 my etv didn't pop up after inputing all the tp Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊и̣̣̣̣̥ guys dropped here please what did you think might wrong cos I didn't understand
gkw: for etv feeds from my experience its all about the lnb "skew", play around with it a lot
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 8:34am On Mar 06, 2013
It is through this tread that I know how to track most of the FTA channels on the Eastern position. After several years of wasting money on subscription for Mytv God wil surely bless all of you that are contributing to this forum

I want to track FTA channel on western position now pls wot type of dish am going to use to get it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 10:20am On Mar 06, 2013
morin to you all, am in need assistance i input 11727/H/27500 on 4.8E astra 4A; which i get ZURU stations but its only zuru zone that is working pls what can i do to make it discramble; some one talk about it sometime, pls help me out. F T A 4LIFE.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 10:24am On Mar 06, 2013
Lanceosas: any time ur decoder is upgrading through OTA,just put OFF ur reciver and remove ur LNB cable frm the back of ur decoder,after which put ON ur decoder and when it stop upgrading just put back ur LNB cable and u are good to go
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RuuDie(m): 11:33am On Mar 06, 2013
I've got a small STRONG dish and decoder that was previously hooked up to HiTV lying fallow. . .can I use it to get FTA stations? What would I need to do?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 12:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Did Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊и̣̣̣̣̥ get etv while you did yours
vicyear4us: morin to you all, am in need assistance i input 11727/H/27500 on 4.8E astra 4A; which i get ZURU stations but its only zuru zone that is working pls what can i do to make it discramble; some one talk about it sometime, pls help me out. F T A 4LIFE.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 12:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Hi guys,
greeting to Dodo, Fta. hunter, Badaru, Olofofo, Kungu, Ilish, Sathob, etc etc etc... I can't mention you all. It's been a while. now my question is, those Zuku packages on SES 5, are they being transmitted in multicast?
Cause i can scan in the channels alright but when i go to the actual channels the transponder just dies out. It is just red as if there are no channels or data on it. Can someone explain this to me.
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingmayah: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
simniboma: @ all using 4920, 4922, 4922A the software 118 solves the problem of 10% loss of quality reception. I uploaded it today and to my surprise realise reception level has increased from 85% to 93% and reception Quality from 72% to 82% on Astra 2F (Multi TV)there was also similar rise in reception on other satellite positions. Not convinced by what I realised I reloaded an older version and realised the fall in reception again.Will do a more detail analysis by weekend when I am free. Try it and confirm my story.

@simniboma... I tried d update and it worked exactly as u side. my quality increased by dt margin. but wht i didnt notice of find is the wifi of a tin, wht actauly dos it do jst incase it is der?.. tnx 4 urupdate.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 2:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
swordswifter: Hi guys,
greeting to Dodo, Fta. hunter, Badaru, Olofofo, Kungu, Ilish, Sathob, etc etc etc... I can't mention you all. It's been a while. now my question is, those Zuku packages on SES 5, are they being transmitted in multicast?
Cause i can scan in the channels alright but when i go to the actual channels the transponder just dies out. It is just red as if there are no channels or data on it. Can someone explain this to me.
Thanks
i guess the genuity of the tp makes it that way, i noticed the same thing while scrolling through 9 degree east. the tp 11727 v 27500 looks more like a very common tp on nilesat, badr, eutelsat 16 and 36 b.
so ,it wunt matter the satelite name,once u have the tp's and your dish directed @ ses5, it will pop up zuku packages on any sat with the tp.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 2:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
vicyear4us: morin to you all, am in need assistance i input 11727/H/27500 on 4.8E astra 4A; which i get ZURU stations but its only zuru zone that is working pls what can i do to make it discramble; some one talk about it sometime, pls help me out. F T A 4LIFE.

the zuku package is paytv.but u can enjoy KTN its currently free
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
swordswifter: Hi guys,
now my question is, those Zuku packages on SES 5, are they being transmitted in multicast?
Thanks

I have also seen such funny channels. There are channels which I am able to detect at 70% quality when scanning and they are assigned a frequency by the decoder and saved, but when I go to the channel I find it is red. I found that such frequencies are different from the ones indicated for them on lyngsat. When I do a TP scan using the frequency from lyngsat I find I am able to catch and save the channel correctly and watch it. Again next time I do a blind scan the working frequency is replaced by the none working one. I have been wondering that maybe some frequencies of a certain modulation type are not detected correctly by strong decoders due to a software bug, but I havent identified the type of modulation yet. Maybe your multicast theory might be the explanation but I dont know anything about that.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
Lunsat:

I have also seen such funny channels. There are channels which I am able to detect at 70% quality when scanning and they are assigned a frequency by the decoder and saved, but when I go to the channel I find it is red. I found that such frequencies are different from the ones indicated for them on lyngsat. When I do a TP scan using the frequency from lyngsat I find I am able to catch and save the channel correctly and watch it. Again next time I do a blind scan the working frequency is replaced by the none working one. I have been wondering that maybe some frequencies of a certain modulation type are not detected correctly by strong decoders due to a software bug, but I havent identified the type of modulation yet. Maybe your multicast theory might be the explanation but I dont know anything about that.
@ lunsat,some tp are found in most satelite frequency e.g 12303 is on nilesat, hotbird, eutelsat 16.
also the tp 12727 h 27500 is on all these satelite positions and ses5.
hence, if you have that tp on any sat where it is active, it will pop green but it showing will be dependent on your dish position and disec setting if multiple dishs.

if it pop up on 36east and you dont have a dish pointing to 4.8east after blindscannig, it will be red on zuku package channels, but green on all channels on 36east because of the presence of the dish @ 36east.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
Rextab:
go to menu-channels-Add channels the enter the follown...
Freq= 11727
chnl name= KTN
chnl type= tv
video pid=1050
audio pid=1051
pcr pid=1050
video typ= H.264
audio type =mpeg4

then save
tanx,the trick workd well.does it work for those infinity channels too?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 7:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
Kindly help me my infinity channels is only popping green but it does nt show picture. Pls what can I do and the Frequency Symbol that I can use
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Slapel: 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
D scramble channel is showin on amos 11006H29998..am watchin it nw.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2013
Atlast All Nigerian station is clear on dstv I just check it on
Www.lyngsat.com

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
shocked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
The KTN is not working
Rextab:

the zuku package is paytv.but u can enjoy KTN its currently free
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
Anyone on intel 906/c.
Are the East africans channel active?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayibatonye(m): 10:11pm On Mar 06, 2013
@ all rescan 36e 11862 H 27500 for e news channel (etv) SS 9, bay TV, Star tv, Ait, Channls, Stv,Ntai and more

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Anthofrie(m): 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
All watch out
AIT to relaunch daarsat on Friday . all existing subscribers are to enjoy 3 month free .
They are coming back with 30 channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 10:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
Yinka4dad: Did Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊и̣̣̣̣̥ get etv while you did yours
may be its etv i can say, i get RRSATpromo show PSGvsVAL and at times FEED will show may be its etv they are talking about. pls let me know much about ZUKU
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mavella(m): 5:08am On Mar 07, 2013
Rextab: Anyone on intel 906/c.
Are the East africans channel active?
[color=#006600][/color]yes is active
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 5:14am On Mar 07, 2013
Mavella: [color=#006600][/color]yes is active
ok, giv me the workin tps
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 6:03am On Mar 07, 2013
Am seriously confuse
vicyear4us: may be its etv i can say, i get RRSATpromo show PSGvsVAL and at times FEED will show may be its etv they are talking about. pls let me know much about ZUKU
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 6:30am On Mar 07, 2013
Rextab:
ok, giv me the workin tps

Use 3644V8545 for tracking other tps are 3654V5632,4465H2848 the rest tps are weak.

Mavella and others on Intelsat 906 the tp 4044H2848, the one for One Africa TV, is not showing since yesterday what can be the problem?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 6:57am On Mar 07, 2013
Dolpaz, are you there??

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.