Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,562 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5460797 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kyleege(m): 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
good day, anyone from southern africa recieving consat package on amos 17'e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by greymwasonko: 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
guys still waiting 2 be adviced how enter biss keys on astrovox9155 hd thank u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
@Gurus
Pls the Badr 5@ 26° e, what are the fta that are there?
Does it worth nailing and if yes, kinda give the TP and also tell me how best to nail it adding another lnb on amos 5.

thanks for response
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
greymwasonko: u can view national geografic hd, dubai 1. Fox movie. AD Sports, etc at least 39 channels all hd but mbc hd are scrambled on yahsat 1@52 11786 v 27500. The signal here is very stable with 90cm dish good lack
please can you explain more on how to track this bird?(i.e,east or west, is it close to multy tv, amos5, w3a? etc).thanks one love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by permie(m): 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
lincolnola:

@Greymwasonko
what is the direction of yahsat, 52e or 52 w and all the channels, are they fta?

pls explain more

He is from Kenya and it is on 52E less than 1cm above Nss12(57E). I believe you need a big dish in West Africa due to its coverage
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by isomadtech(m): 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
Good day to you all. Pls is anybody aware of a tv channel called celebration tv. pls whoever know about it should post the parameters here. Thanks to you all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by drandonzero(m): 10:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
isomadtech: Good day to you all. Pls is anybody aware of a tv channel called celebration tv. pls whoever know about it should post the parameters here. Thanks to you all

its on intelsat 20 @68.5 with 12562H 26657 enjoy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
Emmanuel Tv and GTV ghana is currently off on Multitv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by drandonzero(m): 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
platorepublic: Emmanuel Tv and GTV ghana is currently off on Multitv
currently watching Brazil vs Spain live on GTV, only rescan your reciever

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
Pls my ogas is it possible to track the following sats with an mpeg 2 Rx, what dish size and their mpeg 2 working tps mbc on 7e, 33e, 4.8e ,26e, 13e, 52e, 7w. Thanks. I await ur quick response pls.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
Seyilome: Well, I really thank u all,what I will do now is that I will buy all these things my self, and I call him and pay him 4k workmanship and if he refuses that is I will do it myself.

now u are talking.. if u need any help come to the house we will help you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 11:35pm On Jun 30, 2013
platorepublic: Emmanuel Tv and GTV ghana is currently off on Multitv
Just rescan only 12523v19531 and you wil also get discovery channel in addition.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by isomadtech(m): 12:30am On Jul 01, 2013
@Dradonzero
thanks for your reply.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 1:03am On Jul 01, 2013
@ Petfun4u Big up for the inspiring work u put out here,Truely FTA rocks i like the out laying display of ur box,What Brand is that?its very bright and one can see the signal % when tracking Sat very clearly.I realy suffered under the sun today Am using 4922A HD the outlaying is beautiful but with dark background (124p Software) i can't even see the signal % of the Sat am tracking all.its dark & the Numbers are tiny. Forumites with 4922A is there a way to make d background Brighter?plss help tx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 4:49am On Jul 01, 2013
swordswifter:

On the other hand too, if the transmit power for the MENA beam has been increased and the MBC channels are now available on 1m dishes in the south(Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Benin etc). Then that still is good news.

Any which way, i need an accurate confirmation of either of the above two cases with reference to the working beam(MENA or MAGHREB) so as to know whether we have to all get back to the drawing board or wait for something good to happen on Badr 5.

I still doubt if mbc SD is receivable on 90cm dish .Guys may be mixing up things here MBC HD and jsc1,2,9 and 10 is possible with 90cm on AB7 NWA beam but MBC SD and jsc1,2,3,4 and 4 i doubt if that is receivable with such dish.I am using 3m and if its receivable on 90cm my mbc sd should've shifted from 66% to 98% but i still have the same signal strength there.May be those guys receiving it are lucky than I am.
Let people with 2.4m try and update the house about this new discovery using 90cm to track off footprint signal.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 6:03am On Jul 01, 2013
upright2010: Pls my ogas is it possible to track the following sats with an mpeg 2 Rx, what dish size and their mpeg 2 working tps mbc on 7e, 33e, 4.8e ,26e, 13e, 52e, 7w. Thanks. I await ur quick response pls.
[color=# 000099][/color] pls kindly help i know u 've been trying for ur to be great and God'll continue to help u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by greymwasonko: 6:38am On Jul 01, 2013
i mean here in kenya 1 can track hd channels with stable signal on yahsat1@52 dubai 1, fox, nato,rusia 2day,ad sports1,2, etc
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 6:39am On Jul 01, 2013
obnelly:

I still doubt if mbc SD is receivable on 90cm dish .Guys may be mixing up things here MBC HD and jsc1,2,9 and 10 is possible with 90cm on AB7 NWA beam but MBC SD and jsc1,2,3,4 and 4 i doubt if that is receivable with such dish.I am using 3m and if its receivable on 90cm my mbc sd should've shifted from 66% to 98% but i still have the same signal strength there.May be those guys receiving it are lucky than I am.
Let people with 2.4m try and update the house about this new discovery using 90cm to track off footprint signal.

@ Obnelly
My very sentiments my brother. What really baffles me is that their reports claim they've been watching it for about a year now. That i'm finding it very difficult to sink in as i've been on that bird this year, last year and the year before searching for the same thing but to no avail. What i got some time back was FOX Middle East until that bird was replaced with Atlantic Bird 7. That is the main reason i don't just want to jump on the claims without being fully convinced about their reports. I also did some checks yesterday. This is what i came out with. Flysat indicates the channels are from SamaCom with regards to the frequency that was provided and lyngsat also indicates it's from Du.

petfun4u:

I live in Abuja. The MBC I am talking about is that of 7w on this tp: 11938 v 27500

Channels are:
1. Al Arabiya
2. MBC 1
3. MBC 4
4. MBC 2
5. MBC 3
6. Citruss TV
7. Hawas TV
8. MBC Drama
9. Wanasah
10. Abu Dhabi Drama
11. Zee Aflam
12. MBC Action
13. MBC Max
14. Al Aan TV
15. in cluding one TEST transmission (this I opened using Biss key from google search).

Remain blessed.

Both websites are claiming it's on Nilesat 102 middle east beam. Previous footprint diagrams and what we have now have all not changed and i remember those times, even those with 3m pans were having difficulty pickings some transponders on Nilesat 201 and Nilesat 102.
But if now situations on the ground has changed from what we already know and that the signals have really been increased to be available on 1m dishes(whether pan or mesh), we want someone to really confirm this and let us know. If the info is accurate to the letter, the channels should be dancing on my screens by close of Tuesday.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loluc90(m): 6:43am On Jul 01, 2013
obnelly:

. Am using a 2.4m strong pan dish my mbc is 68%,I haven't noticed any increase in d signal quality.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by greymwasonko: 6:53am On Jul 01, 2013
yahsat1@52 it above intelsat20@68 fast trak emmanuel tv 12722 h 26657, input 11863v27500 then raise ur dish as u stand behind ur dish then a bit left blind scan nice view
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 7:48am On Jul 01, 2013
greymwasonko: yahsat1@52 it above intelsat20@68 fast trak emmanuel tv 12722 h 26657, input 11863v27500 then raise ur dish as u stand behind ur dish then a bit left blind scan nice view
bros always indicte dat u are not from Nigeria, so u dnt confuse us...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 8:11am On Jul 01, 2013
naijaobi:
bros always indicte dat u are not from Nigeria, so u dnt confuse us...
it is receivable in NIGERIA...on 3m i got 67% on fox movies frequency then on 4m i got 80%....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by greymwasonko: 8:29am On Jul 01, 2013
i apolgies, im in kenya
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 9:10am On Jul 01, 2013
=kd10]@ Petfun4u Big up for the inspiring work u put out here,Truely FTA rocks i like the outlaying display of ur box,What Brand is that?its very bright and one can see the signal % when tracking Sat very clearly.I realy suffered under the sun today Am using 4922A HD the outlaying is beautiful but with dark background (124p Software) i can't even see the signal % of the Sat am tracking all.its dark & the Numbers are tiny. Forumites with 4922A is there a way to make d background Brighter?pls help tnx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chilowosim(m): 2:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
kyleege: good day, anyone from southern africa recieving consat package on amos 17'e
hey bro what is the tp for consat and the beam area.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by UncleSmart: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
Seyilome: Well, I really thank u all,what I will do now is that I will buy all these things my self, and I call him and pay him 4k workmanship and if he refuses that is I will do it myself.
that is the spirit of fta. you have just being baptized with it. welcome to the club
carry on man. we are all behind you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chilowosim(m): 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2013
Hie gurus SABC has been scrambled again anyone who know why they have scrambled these channels plz help?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by FreeTVguru(m): 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
chilowosim: Hie gurus SABC has been scrambled again anyone who know why they have scrambled these channels plz help?

It will be a pay to view package in south africa, there are special boxes for it now with cards, you should also note that Press tv and ifilm has gone away as well but its a different story from that of sabc, BTV will be the next to get disappeared. For FTA fanatics intelsat20 @68.5e will now be useless except for church elders

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2013
@ All the Gurus
Infinity switch, infinity spring and the rest of them aside infinity dice and kapalonga are not showing despite having strong signal of about 74% on 11024H03333 or what am I missing?
I tracked amos5 with 11886v27500 to about 75% using 60cm.
secondly, is there anybody watching all the new channels from sattv-africa on 16°/17°e such as Galaxy, action, xxl etc? coz mine are just green but no showing.
pls I need your replies.
thnx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2013
[quote author=lincolnola]@ All the Gurus
Infinity switch, infinity spring and the rest of them aside infinity dice and kapalonga are not showing despite having strong signal of about 74% on 11024H03333 or what am I missing?
I tracked amos5 with 11886v27500 to about 75% using 60cm.
secondly, is there anybody watching all the new channels [@ lincolnola Bros don't border yourself those channels are permanently Scranbled .however if you can afford to by their box then you can watch them.Peace
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
Rextab
:

Intelsat ban iran tv from transmitting via satellite starting from today.lovers of iran channels like presstv should move to amos or hotbird.it meand people from america wont be able to receive press tv until further notice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ceebeth7(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.