Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5460282 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Malix: 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
swordswifter:

@ Adex,

I'm going to work on it all day tomorrow (God Willing). Hopefully i should get those channels too. Then i'd invest in motorizing it. It's time the MBC(s) actually came home.

@ Malix,
Kindly forward the mail here mens.eric@yahoo.com
PM's on nairaland only inform you someone tried to reach you. You don't actually get the messages they'd want to send. Thanks

i ve sent u a mail
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by permie(m): 10:18pm On Jul 02, 2013
greymwasonko: hi kungu, how can put biss key on astrovox9155hd

@ mwasonko, first download firmware from www.ast-micsupport.com press menu, choose settings and then super settings. Press 1510 to access super setting if you cant see it while on setting.when inputting biss key, you only put the freq, sr, polarisation and key and do this when you are on the chanel you want to open. After that reboot the receiver. Works for 9000 and it will on 9155, sawa.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
platorepublic: Culled from Mytv
On July 1, the My TV broadcast settings
were changed in order to accommodate
the growing number of channels on
offer, resulting in a need to rescan the
My TV frequency
To rescan SRT 4675/A, please proceed as
follows:
1. Select any My TV channel
2. Press the MENU button on the remote
control handset
3. Select Installation
4. Enter 0000 for PIN, or your earlier
stored PIN
5. Select Manual Scan
6. Select 68.5E Intelsat 20 (previously
known as Intelsat 7/10K) for Satellite,
and 12.522GHz / H for Frequency
7. Change the Symbol Rate from 26.657
to 29.950 MS/s
8. Select ON for Network Search and
Press OK to Scan
9. Please wait till Search is completed
10. Press “EXIT” to Save
To rescan SRT 4940, please proceed as
follows:
control handset
3. Select Installation
stored PIN
5. Select Manual Scan
to 29.950 MS/s
8. Press on the right arrow, Select ON for
Network Search and press Red Key to
SCAN
10. Press “EXIT” to Save

i saw the message been displayed on my tv promo channel , i try to do the same on my str 4669z , but while i was trying to insert the said frequency and symbol rate with the polarity , my box said same tp exist , i scroll through the frequency list but i couldnt find it . Then i decide to run auto scann yet the channel didnt pop up as the earlier channel were red . Mean while i did auto scann instead of blind search to save time . After all this i choose a empty satellite , and i insert the given tp , it bring out green and i run manual scan and all mytv channel pop up
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
platorepublic: Culled from Mytv
On July 1, the My TV broadcast settings
were changed in order to accommodate
the growing number of channels on
offer, resulting in a need to rescan the
My TV frequency
To rescan SRT 4675/A, please proceed as
follows:
control handset
3. Select Installation
stored PIN
5. Select Manual Scan
to 29.950 MS/s
8. Select ON for Network Search and
Press OK to Scan
10. Press “EXIT” to Save
To rescan SRT 4940, please proceed as
follows:
control handset
3. Select Installation
stored PIN
5. Select Manual Scan
to 29.950 MS/s
8. Press on the right arrow, Select ON for
Network Search and press Red Key to
SCAN
10. Press “EXIT” to Save

i saw the message been displayed on my tv promo channel , i try to do the same on my str 4669z , but while i was trying to insert the said frequency and symbol rate with the polarity , my box said same tp exist , i scroll through the frequency list but i couldnt find it . Then i decide to run auto scann yet the channel didnt pop up as the earlier channel were red . Mean while i did auto scann instead of blind search to save time . After all this i choose a empty satellite , and i insert the given tp , it bring out green and i run manual scan and all mytv channel pop up
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 11:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
olenyi:

Am Presently in Kaduna and i've discovered that Peeps here are even pulling nilesat down with even 90cm (strong/Dstv dish) not to talk of 1m. shocked and its not even like they're using high end lnb's.

This is cheating oooo for us dat are based in the eastern parts. angry.

Regards.

True my brother but dynamics of sat world is an ever changing one.
Once upon a time, it was hispasat on 1.8M but now not possible.

Ussals:
my oga, it amazes me that i saw your post today, that means u still follow this forum, its been long when i see you here, i will try it out also in nasarawa n report back to d house. life707 hope u r doing great over there.

Am cool, hope u r too?
I watch things frm the background frm time to time.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by uchechuwku: 7:52am On Jul 03, 2013
Seyilome: u are welcome man, are u an installer? Though I have agreed with the installer for installations only,that I will provide him the materials.but I can still drop him,it is a matter of choice. So if u can send me the materials price to my e-mail seyilome24@gmail.com. At friendly price I would be glad.if u do dat.tanx

Yes I install (not professionally). All I learn from Installation was/is from here.
I'm out of material for now. I only have d 90cm dish and 65cm dish available. You can check HITV shop beside zenith bank infront of Fakunle school for dish and coaxial cable. Bust some of their materials are on the high side. Like d LNB.
I have a friend at Ilesha, I can contact him if he has materials available and prices. Lemmie know what you'll be needing.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:53am On Jul 03, 2013
life707:

True my brother but dynamics of sat world is an ever changing one.
Once upon a time, it was hispasat on 1.8M but now not possible.

Word. smiley
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Seyilome(m): 8:25am On Jul 03, 2013
uchechuwku:

Yes I install (not professionally). All I learn from Installation was/is from here.
I'm out of material for now. I only have d 90cm dish and 65cm dish available. You can check HITV shop beside zenith bank infront of Fakunle school for dish and coaxial cable. Bust some of their materials are on the high side. Like d LNB.
I have a friend at Ilesha, I can contact him if he has materials available and prices. Lemmie know what you'll be needing.
ok 90 cm, 60 cm, 3 lnb, disecq, coaxial cable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 9:35am On Jul 03, 2013
swordswifter:

@ All,
Has anyone else in South Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ghana etc been able to confirm the MBC's freeview SD channels on a 90cm dish on Atlantic Bird 7W? Kindly let the house know. Thanks.

Your position matters. Don't expect MBC SD signal on any part of Nigeria besides North. You know North is closer to MENA than any other part, you need 1.8m and above to track. I was only very lucky to have nailed the MBC channels with my own dish because I stay in Abuja. And by God's grace I have nailed it for more than 6 people as well.

Remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 10:07am On Jul 03, 2013
]@ Petfun4u Big up for the inspiring work u put out here,& i like the menu display of ur box,What Brand is that?its very bright and one can see the signal % when tracking Sat very clearly.I realy suffered under the sun today Am using 4922A HD the menu display is beautiful but with dark background(124p Software i can't even see the signal % of the Sat am tracking all.its dark & the Numbers are tiny. Forumites with 4922A is there a way to make d background Brighter? Gurus i need help plsss thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by infofta(m): 10:25am On Jul 03, 2013
@petfun4u. Pls which lnb are you using?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 11:17am On Jul 03, 2013
kd10: ]@ Petfun4u Big up for the inspiring work u put out here,& i like the menu display of ur box,What Brand is that?its very bright and one can see the signal % when tracking Sat very clearly.I realy suffered under the sun today Am using 4922A HD the menu display is beautiful but with dark background(124p Software i can't even see the signal % of the Sat am tracking all.its dark & the Numbers are tiny. Forumites with 4922A is there a way to make d background Brighter? Gurus i need help plsss thanks.
bro, i think you should set d brightness of both ur television and ur receiver... I also use 4922A and its very clear and bright..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 11:20am On Jul 03, 2013
Those doubting remeber the following;
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 11:39am On Jul 03, 2013
obnelly:
That is a good news but is there anybody who have nailed such bird with 90cm in the south west region? By doing this we can understand the behaviour of signal down link in our regions.I guess there are some signal split over from Nilesat in the nothern region.
Petfun's team thumbs up but you suppose to have informed the house about this discovery. From your post its almost or over a year now.May be am too far away from the forum.

Many of of u who are on this forum some years back (year 2011) youl will remember I posted on this forum about my findings that I was able to track this Nilesat MBC channels with my 1m dish. I started posting it on this forum by 8:07am On Jul 27, 2011 but by 9:03am On Aug 29, 2011 I announced in this forum I quote;

petfun4u: My people in the house, I can not believed this, that I was able to track NileSat with 1m dish over the weekend.  Since saturday, I av been watching the following channels; MBC1, MBC2, MBC3, MBC4, MBC DRAMA, MBC ACTION, MBC MAX, AD DRAMA, ZEE AFAM using this freq. 11938H27500

Also, JSC SPORTS 1, JSC SPORTS2, JSC SPORT +1, +2, +3, +4 AND GLOBAL SPORTS using 12130H27499

AD Sport TV, CITRUS TV etc.

Remain blessed in the house.

So, this is not the first time I posted my findings. Many were doubting it because they were not in the north. I mentioned then that I reside in Abuja. I dont know what else to say. Go back to the date above and check my first posting on this. I posted picture from my srt 4669x decoder. Many said it was a lie. Since then, I have been watching it non-stop till yesterday night.

Better still, if you have time click on this link, it will take you back to year 2011 when I first nailed this Nilesat: https://www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/23

I posted this pictutes here:https://www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/24 just check the post from petfun4u. And if you read on from there, I posted the type of LNB I used Premium 2 HD but when I got another LNB (Premium Super HD)that increased the signal, I reported back to th forum.

There are lot of arguments saying it is not possible. But, I am watching it. If any of is living in Abuja, pay me a visit to see it yourself. I told other installer here in Abuja, they doubted it but one of them tried it in His own shop and got it, then he believed me.

I rest my case here.

Remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 11:44am On Jul 03, 2013
D.lee:
I can remember that Petfun4u did informed the house about his discovery on nilesat with 1m about a year and some months ago.

God will bless u richly for this. I did so here; https://www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/23 in August 29, 2011 to be precise.

Remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 11:55am On Jul 03, 2013
[]@petfun4u i sent greeting s to u earlier but u neva respond i hope all is well.Pls what type of Decoder are you using? (2) ur Arabsat20e what is ur signal %?(3)did u push the dielectric plate deep inside or out close to the mouth of the lnb when tracking?(4)Is this Frequency 3964v30000 Green on it if not input it & give us ur findings?Thanks & God bless. waiting for ur response.Viva FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
info.fta:
@petfun4u. Pls which lnb are you using?

Premium Super HD

Remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 12:19pm On Jul 03, 2013
kd10: []@petfun4u i sent greeting s to u earlier but u neva respond i hope all is well.Pls what type of Decoder are you using? (2) ur Arabsat20e what is ur signal %?(3)did u push the dielectric plate deep inside or out close to the mouth of the lnb when tracking?(4)Is this Frequency 3964v30000 Green on it if not input it & give us ur findings?Thanks & God bless. waiting for ur response.Viva FTA

i am very sorry for not responding the first time. Back to ur question
1. I am using presently now, SRT4922A, but before now, I was using SRT4669x and SRT4900. The srt4669x always give me better signal than srt4900. But since I bought SRT4922A, I have been very happy about it.
2. I have between 63% to 65% not stable on Arabsat 20E
3. The dielectric plate is at the same position at the two tread line of insertion but not too deep inside. It is very easy to pull it out unlike the first one I used. I inserted that one very deep but I still have better signal that the present one. I will have to change it to the formal LNB.
4. On 3964 v 30000, the signal level increased to 65% but not hitting green still. I ave not gotten much of time to continuing work on it. But I will do everything humanly possible this weekend to pull result, then I shall report back to the house.

Remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
naijaobi:
bro, i think you should set d brightness of both ur television and ur receiver... I also use 4922A and its very clear and bright..
It's the software(124p) am using that Changed the Installation display however i will do what u suggest & also download the new software 126p & see if there is positive change.Thanks for ur response though.Peace
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
[quote author=petfun4u]

i am very sorry@petfun4u ur response is carfully detailed humbling thanks. Tell me the the software on ur 4922A?Am using 124p but i like ur Insallation display finaly this tip 3964v30000 is the juicy aspect of this Arabsat it Contains IRIB Iranian packages but i have seen that it can only be pulled with 1M not 90CM but from were u r its possible if you try bcus it will encourage others. again the software on ur 4922A Reply plsss?God Bless u.Viva Fta
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
[quote author=kd10][/quote]

I am presently using the newest software 126p and I often switch software from 119p to 126p> Though I am still experimenting to see which is the best.

As regard the Arabsat, I am very sure I should be able to hit green if I take my time on that Tp. Let us wait till this week end.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 2:45pm On Jul 03, 2013
My dear people in the house, I have two (2) informations I want to share. These I gathered from a reliable person yesterday, BUT, I don't know if it is true.
1. I heard that Al Jazera sports will start showing EPL as from next season but they will be using Yahsat-1A 52.5°E
2. That HiTV are planning to return back before the EPL new season in a new way.

Please, let no one crucify me on these two points. I don't know like I said earlier if the information is true. I am presently still researching to confirm his claim.

Remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
Pls house: I've finally bought a 1.8m dish. I want to track Irib on Arabsat20E. Pls I know the frequency as well as the biss key. But my difficulty is on how to position the ground mount dish. I mean should I be turning the dish UP & DOWN like how we track 90cm dish? 2. do I have to put the dielectric plate inside the throat of the C-Band LNB b4 tracking? 3. Can I use 3964v30000 straight forward in tracking te IRIB channels? or I should track a Ku-channel at 20E b4 inputing the Irib frequency and do the tracking of the Irib channel? 4. Where should the C-Band LNB block face? 5. After inserting the dielectric plate, should I put that plastic lid which covers the throat of the C-Band LNB? PLEASE house, help me out.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
At all the gurus,
I have tracked amos 5 @ 17e, i want to add Badr 5 @ 26e,pls how do i easily do that on 60cm dish and the working TP.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
petfun4u:

I am presently using the newest software 126p and I often switch software from 119p to 126p> Though I am still experimenting to see which is the best.

As regard the Arabsat, I am very sure I should be able to hit green if I take my time on that Tp. Let us wait till this week end.
@Petfun4u thanks alot 4 ur response u have made my day Viva FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojtech8291: 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
my srt4669xii refused to bring signal despite changing lnbf, discq switch and cable. The funny thing is dat d signal is very high with my friend's receiver which i used to tst my setup. I need maximum help on d fault and d solution. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mtuko2(m): 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
who is in kenya
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 10:22pm On Jul 03, 2013
lincolnola: At all the gurus,
I have tracked amos 5 @ 17e, i want to add Badr 5 @ 26e,pls how do i easily do that on 60cm dish and the working TP.
Badr@26e requires bigger dish and not 60 or 90cm dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 5:16am On Jul 04, 2013
LAUNCH OF HOTBIRD 13D HAS COME WITH GOOD TIDINGS, RESCAN FOR CHANNELS LIKE BBC WORLD, EURO NEWS, JSC SPORTS HD1, JSC SPORTS HD 2, JSC SPORTS NEWS HD, BeIN 1, BeIN SPORTS 2 N CO.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by phizz: 6:33am On Jul 04, 2013
Ibaku: LAUNCH OF HOTBIRD 13D HAS COME WITH GOOD TIDINGS, RESCAN FOR CHANNELS LIKE BBC WORLD, EURO NEWS, JSC SPORTS HD1, JSC SPORTS HD 2, JSC SPORTS NEWS HD, BeIN 1, BeIN SPORTS 2 N CO.

3meter dish upwards?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 6:54am On Jul 04, 2013
Ibaku: LAUNCH OF HOTBIRD 13D HAS COME WITH GOOD TIDINGS, RESCAN FOR CHANNELS LIKE BBC WORLD, EURO NEWS, JSC SPORTS HD1, JSC SPORTS HD 2, JSC SPORTS NEWS HD, BeIN 1, BeIN SPORTS 2 N CO.
I tnink, the only new channel here is jsc sports HD1/2,though it has been on hotbird for more than 3months now..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akino(m): 7:28am On Jul 04, 2013
Hi peeps,please can anybody give me the setting i can use to reack nollywood and CTL after getting mytv signal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.