Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,370 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5442603 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2013
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2013
obnelly:

Intelsat ban iran tv from transmitting via satellite starting from today.lovers of iran channels like presstv should move to amos or hotbird.it meand people from america wont be able to receive press tv until further notice.
the one on amos was also scrambled when i tried it in the morning before i left home but don't know how it is now untill when i get home.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
They ban them because the dont edit most if their programmes.like syria, egypt and libya civil war
we watch most unedited live programmes and i think the station is gaining more ground after aljazeera than cnn.Back in the days we used to have access to cnn but now its not like we used to.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 7:16pm On Jul 01, 2013
[quote author=pedronaran62] telstar 12 @ 15 west nss7 @ 20 west and ses 4 @ 22 west on one dish

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
]@ Petfun4u Big up for the inspiring work u put out here,Truely FTA rocks i like the out laying display of ur box,What Brand is that?its very bright and one can see the signal % when tracking Sat very clearly.I realy suffered under the sun today Am using 4922A HD the outlaying is beautiful but with dark background (124p Software)i can't even see the signal % of the Sat am tracking all.its dark & the Numbers are tiny. Forumites with 4922A is there a way to make d background Brighter?4d 3rd time help Pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2013
[quote author=pedronaran62][/quote] can we get all dis sat on 90cm dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
obnelly:

I still doubt if mbc SD is receivable on 90cm dish .Guys may be mixing up things here MBC HD and jsc1,2,9 and 10 is possible with 90cm on AB7 NWA beam but MBC SD and jsc1,2,3,4 and 4 i doubt if that is receivable with such dish.I am using 3m and if its receivable on 90cm my mbc sd should've shifted from 66% to 98% but i still have the same signal strength there.May be those guys receiving it are lucky than I am.
Let people with 2.4m try and update the house about this new discovery using 90cm to track off footprint signal.
[b][/b]

@obnelly, i usually do not push my veiws but its true.
When i was told of mbc SD (11938V27500) being receivable in kaduna (northern Nigeria) on 1m dish, my first reaction was my mbc shld have jumped frm 64% to 90%.
Tried it but failed to nail it in jos and thus disregarded the info.
I was in kaduna over the week end and saw for myself.......all my doubts vanished. Its 51% on on strong receiver.
NB; same has been existing in the far north of Nigeria more than a year ago.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 8:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
@All, will set out time over the week end and try again in jos to nail 11938V27500 nilesat on 1m dish.
Will report my findings to the house.
Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:27pm On Jul 01, 2013
life707: @All, will set out time over the week end and try again in jos to nail 11938V27500 nilesat on 1m dish.
Cheers.
That is a good news but is there anybody who have nailed such bird with 90cm in the south west region? By doing this we can understand the behaviour of signal down link in our regions.I guess there are some signal split over from Nilesat in the nothern region.
Petfun's team thumbs up but you suppose to have informed the house about this discovery. From your post its almost or over a year now.May be am too far away from the forum.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
swordswifter:

@ Adex
Long time. Hope you are good?! Anyway, we've have later correspondence and from what he is saying, he is not referring to the Scrambled MBC HD channels you'll need technosat decoders to unscramble. From what he is saying there is a free to air on that is available on 1m dishes for the countries i mentioned above. Those are the ones i want better clarification on. Whether they are channels that have been moved to the maghreb beam or the transmit power of the MENA beam has now been increased. You are aware the time we have spent in the past trying to get these channels but from their information, they've been watching it for about a year now. That is what i really want to understand. There is a 3m mesh lying outside i'm not even using now but it's the time i don't have. So not to go out again searching to an end without knowing if it's actually receivable or not, i want a clearer picture so i know what to look out for when i decide to go out there to track.
grin grin grin @ sword i am 100% okay the other sd mbc available is on mena beam of uetelsat 7w 12322 v 27500 and it is not available on 2.4 in west africa not to talk of 1000m dish iam very sure of this but take your time on weekend dust the 3mts you have put it into use motorised it and you will not regret, iam enjoying my 2.4 as from 8pm till 8am i always enjoy the mbc package and yahsat is available on 3mt in lagos now i stay here till i hear from you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
@Alll
Pls, is Badr 4, 6 the same with Badr 5 at 26°E?
pls clearify the difference and state the direction of the birds.

secondly, can 60cm track Badr 5 @ 26°e or badr,4,6?
thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Malix: 11:21pm On Jul 01, 2013
swordswifter:

@ Obnelly
My very sentiments my brother. What really baffles me is that their reports claim they've been watching it for about a year now. That i'm finding it very difficult to sink in as i've been on that bird this year, last year and the year before searching for the same thing but to no avail. What i got some time back was FOX Middle East until that bird was replaced with Atlantic Bird 7. That is the main reason i don't just want to jump on the claims without being fully convinced about their reports. I also did some checks yesterday. This is what i came out with. Flysat indicates the channels are from SamaCom with regards to the frequency that was provided and lyngsat also indicates it's from Du.

Both websites are claiming it's on Nilesat 102 middle east beam. Previous footprint diagrams and what we have now have all not changed and i remember those times, even those with 3m pans were having difficulty pickings some transponders on Nilesat 201 and Nilesat 102.
But if now situations on the ground has changed from what we already know and that the signals have really been increased to be available on 1m dishes(whether pan or mesh), we want someone to really confirm this and let us know. If the info is accurate to the letter, the channels should be dancing on my screens by close of Tuesday.

i sent u a mail
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mofus1: 11:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
am just waiting for comfirmation b4 tracking dis bird
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 12:29am On Jul 02, 2013
Adex70: grin grin grin @ sword i am 100% okay the other sd mbc available is on mena beam of uetelsat 7w 12322 v 27500 and it is not available on 2.4 in west africa not to talk of 1000m dish iam very sure of this but take your time on weekend dust the 3mts you have put it into use motorised it and you will not regret, iam enjoying my 2.4 as from 8pm till 8am i always enjoy the mbc package and yahsat is available on 3mt in lagos now i stay here till i hear from you.

@ Adex,

I'm going to work on it all day tomorrow (God Willing). Hopefully i should get those channels too. Then i'd invest in motorizing it. It's time the MBC(s) actually came home.

@ Malix,
Kindly forward the mail here mens.eric@yahoo.com
PM's on nairaland only inform you someone tried to reach you. You don't actually get the messages they'd want to send. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Deyooluv: 5:06am On Jul 02, 2013
Pls guys how can I track that amos 5.I av done all it needs to be done having read through this forum but I still can't nail it.I wonder why this tp 11881v27500 pops green and it brings just dstv channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:00am On Jul 02, 2013
Deyooluv: Pls guys how can I track that amos 5.I av done all it needs to be done having read through this forum but I still can't nail it.I wonder why this tp 11881v27500 pops green and it brings just dstv channels

Its popping green because what U'are getting is Dstv.

This is what u do. First track multi tv, astra 2f 12523 v 19531. Then input 11881 v 27500 and lift ur dish up a little and to ur right a little while at the back of the dish.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:02am On Jul 02, 2013
life707: @All, will set out time over the week end and try again in jos to nail 11938V27500 nilesat on 1m dish.
Cheers.

Am Presently in Kaduna and i've discovered that Peeps here are even pulling nilesat down with even 90cm (strong/Dstv dish) not to talk of 1m. shocked and its not even like they're using high end lnb's.

This is cheating oooo for us dat are based in the eastern parts. angry.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Deyooluv: 6:10am On Jul 02, 2013
olenyi:

Its popping green because what U'are getting is Dstv.

This is what u do. First track multi tv, astra 2f 12523 v 19531. Then input 11881 v 27500 and lift ur dish up a little and to ur right a little while at the back of the dish.

Regards.
pls is this frequency 11881 v 27500 on dstv as well?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 6:56am On Jul 02, 2013
obnelly:
Petfun's team thumbs up but you suppose to have informed the house about this discovery. From your post its almost or over a year now.May be am too far away from the forum.
I can remember that Petfun4u did informed the house about his discovery on nilesat with 1m about a year and some months ago.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 7:21am On Jul 02, 2013
Cheers.
my oga, it amazes me that i saw your post today, that means u still follow this forum, its been long when i see you here, i will try it out also in nasarawa n report back to d house. life707 hope u r doing great over there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 7:22am On Jul 02, 2013
Deyooluv: pls is this frequency 11881 v 27500 on dstv as well?
your mistake is ur polarity when u input the tp make rure you edit it to vertical and tweak ur lnbf to 2 or 8 oclock this might happen tp might respond both V/H
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:24am On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 7:36am On Jul 02, 2013
lincolnola: @Alll
Pls, is Badr 4, 6 the same with Badr 5 at 26°E?
pls clearify the difference and state the direction of the birds.

secondly, can 60cm track Badr 5 @ 26°e or badr,4,6?
thanks

Abeg, I need answers my ogas at the top
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 8:33am On Jul 02, 2013
Culled from Mytv
On July 1, the My TV broadcast settings
were changed in order to accommodate
the growing number of channels on
offer, resulting in a need to rescan the
My TV frequency
To rescan SRT 4675/A, please proceed as
follows:
1. Select any My TV channel
2. Press the MENU button on the remote
control handset
3. Select Installation
4. Enter 0000 for PIN, or your earlier
stored PIN
5. Select Manual Scan
6. Select 68.5E Intelsat 20 (previously
known as Intelsat 7/10K) for Satellite,
and 12.522GHz / H for Frequency
7. Change the Symbol Rate from 26.657
to 29.950 MS/s
8. Select ON for Network Search and
Press OK to Scan
9. Please wait till Search is completed
10. Press “EXIT” to Save
To rescan SRT 4940, please proceed as
follows:
1. Select any My TV channel
2. Press the MENU button on the remote
control handset
3. Select Installation
4. Enter 0000 for PIN, or your earlier
stored PIN
5. Select Manual Scan
6. Select 68.5E Intelsat 20 (previously
known as Intelsat 7/10K) for Satellite,
and 12.522GHz / H for Frequency
7. Change the Symbol Rate from 26.657
to 29.950 MS/s
8. Press on the right arrow, Select ON for
Network Search and press Red Key to
SCAN
9. Please wait till Search is completed
10. Press “EXIT” to Save

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by phizz: 9:35am On Jul 02, 2013
Whats the price range For motorizing an existing 3m dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by greymwasonko: 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
hi kungu, how can put biss key on astrovox9155hd
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by infofta(m): 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
Pls which is the best lnb for a 1m dish for now? Just want to track some distant birds. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Deyooluv: 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
i really dont know why i still cant nail amos 5.pls what am i doin wrong?av read through the post but i stilll get eutelsat 36a/36b instead of amos 5.i want to enjoy the 250 above channels as well.hope a good samaritan tell what am doin wrong
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Deyooluv: 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2013
Jackobite: your mistake is ur polarity when u input the tp make rure you edit it to vertical and tweak ur lnbf to 2 or 8 oclock this might happen tp might respond both V/H
i put in the polarisation as vertical but i still get the same result
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by uchechuwku: 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
Seyilome: Well, I really thank u all,what I will do now is that I will buy all these things my self, and I call him and pay him 4k workmanship and if he refuses that is I will do it myself.

I stay in Osogbo and I can help you out.

Note that most (if not all) sat shop in osogbo are rips-offs. Imagine LNB selling for 2000naira...dat's kind of absurd (ow much dish wan be?). I buy my materials from Lagos tho.
I've been busy with school and stuffs..but I'm available now sha.
90Cm wld be better for amos 5 and multi tv (fortis channel and kingdom all usually have signal drops when. U use 60cm and skips with little change in weather). 90cm for amos 5 and multi Tv den 60cm for Dstv ( we can even use dongle but I wldn't want yu to start "fornicating" with your first FTA experience).... Or Mytv.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Seyilome(m): 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
uchechuwku:

I stay in Osogbo and I can help you out.

Note that most (if not all) sat shop in osogbo are rips-offs. Imagine LNB selling for 2000naira...dat's kind of absurd (ow much dish wan be?). I buy my materials from Lagos tho.
I've been busy with school and stuffs..but I'm available now sha.
90Cm wld be better for amos 5 and multi tv (fortis channel and kingdom all usually have signal drops when. U use 60cm and skips with little change in weather). 90cm for amos 5 and multi Tv den 60cm for Dstv ( we can even use dongle but I wldn't want yu to start "fornicating" with your first FTA experience).... Or Mytv.
u are welcome man, are u an installer? Though I have agreed with the installer for installations only,that I will provide him the materials.but I can still drop him,it is a matter of choice. So if u can send me the materials price to my e-mail seyilome24@gmail.com. At friendly price I would be glad.if u do dat.tanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chilowosim(m): 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2013
FreeTVguru:

It will be a pay to view package in south africa, there are special boxes for it now with cards, you should also note that Press tv and ifilm has gone away as well but its a different story from that of sabc, BTV will be the next to get disappeared. For FTA fanatics intelsat20 @68.5e will now be useless except for church elders
hie thanks the update about SABC issue

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.