Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:45 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5475170 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
Sincere apologies my Sister. Hope u've 4given me for addressing you wrongly.Thanks very much for your response.
Obiagelli:
It's 7 degrees West, (nilesat)

I am not a Mister, i am a lady o

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by feasy1(m): 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
obnelly:

If you have little knowledge about tracking with small dish up to 1.8m motorising big dish shouldnt be headache.first make sure your pole is plume @ 90 degrees .GO to satellite that is close to your latitude here in nigeria the satellites that are close to us are rascom,sirus and eutelsat w3a.among the three satellites sirus 4.8e is easy to track.

start by declining your angle adjuster at the neck of your pole mount,while doing that move your dish up and down till you have signal pop up on your screen.Make sure you have full signal.
go to the next satellite that is next i.e eutelsat w3a.get good signal there too and move to hotbird ,from this bird move to eutelsat 16e to badr and astra 28 .it means you are almost done with eastern satellite move up to your west and track western satellite from sirus4.8e move to rascom to atlantic bird 3 to nilsat to ab7 then to nss7 you may move further to hispasat and intelsat 31.5 depending on what you are looking for.While doing all these you must know how to skew your lnb to gain maximum signal strength .also you must understand how the neck of your dish behave to signal while tighten it.Do everything gradually ,dont rush at the end you will enjoy it all.

Good luck

Obnelly, many thanks for the response again. This will happen soon.

Cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
Obiagelli:
That's interesting, I thought dstv holds exclusive rights to both leagues expecially la liga
Not in MENA regions.we are receiving jsc sport here as off foot print bird.With the introduction of NWA Beam via 90cm dish i smell a dead rat here with our dstv claiming they own Africa excluding North Africa.Al jazeera is eyeing a big business in west africa region i suppose ,that is why NWA is there.Let us wait and see.Time shall tell.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 12:29am On Jul 07, 2013
olenyi:

@Freshp. Here it is.

Thanks bro...thanks once more.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jay14(m): 7:30am On Jul 07, 2013
@All.
I did a factory setting on a friend INFINITY RECIEVER just to clear all unwanted sats and channels and this decoder is used to recieve multi-tv channels,but it refused to scan again after d factory setting even though d singnal and quality bar were full. Pls if u know about dis infinity decoder pls help me o.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:41am On Jul 07, 2013
freshp:
Thanks bro...thanks once more.

wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinsola118: 10:11am On Jul 07, 2013
plz help me .....CTL AFRICA ,NOLLYWOOD AND NOLLYWOOD PLUS av gone since a week ago on mytv down here .....is it everwia ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 10:39am On Jul 07, 2013
Pls Mr Obnelly, are these JSC & aljazera channels also on Arabsat5C@20E? I mean where Irib channels are.
obnelly:

obiagelli,.jsc will show all the matches you listed.They are trying see if they can pull in english premiership into their bouquet come 2014
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
lincolnola:

Pls kindly answer me, all the gurus in the house
u can track all dis sat joytv28.2'E, dstv36'E and amos5 and w3c 16'E and 17'E on single 60cm dish see d pic on free to air thread
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
kwame-king:
Pls Mr Obnelly, are these JSC & aljazera channels also on Arabsat5C@20E? I mean where Irib channels are.

yes ,only jsc 1 with aljazeera news no premium jsc channel like +1-10 on 20e

check this link.
http://flysat.com/arabsat5c.php
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by greymwasonko: 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
hi im in kenya nd im getin the same problem with CTL AFRICA ,NOLLYWOOD AND NOLLYWOOD PLUS.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
Can somebody pls help me. 1. I tracked daarsat with 11884v27500 and after blind scan all d expected 16e & 17e channels didnt come up but some scrambled ones. Kindly help. 2. Are there any fta channels on w3a/astra4 &33e and ar they on mpeg 2
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2013
upright2010: Can somebody pls help me. 1. I tracked daarsat with 11884v27500 and after blind scan all d expected 16e & 17e channels didnt come up but some scrambled ones. Kindly help. 2. Are there any fta channels on w3a/astra4 &33e and ar they on mpeg 2

Mpeg 4 not mpeg 2 receiver.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
upright2010: Can somebody pls help me. 1. I tracked daarsat with 11884v27500 and after blind scan all d expected 16e & 17e channels didnt come up but some scrambled ones. Kindly help. 2. Are there any fta channels on w3a/astra4 &33e and ar they on mpeg 2
track daarsat with mpeg4 reciever.
W3a works on mpeg2.
Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
Kosemanik: u can track all dis sat joytv28.2'E, dstv36'E and amos5 and w3c 16'E and 17'E on single 60cm dish see d pic on free to air thread

@Kosemanik,
pls make reference to the link to that pix combining all the 4 sats on 60cm dish.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
@lincolnola, i can see u to be viewing this topic right now. I said track HD MBC with HD reciever, You can also get it on yahsat but they are all scramble. This post is for u and kd10.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
I'm most grateful sir for your detail explanation. So what easiest frequency can I use, to track this JSC Channels @ 7W on NWA Beam? Also where should the LNB mouth face(clock)? I'm in Ghana. Please answer me.
obnelly:

check this link.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
obnelly:

check this link.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
SULIEMAN3: @lincolnola, i can see u to be viewing this topic right now. I said track HD MBC with HD reciever, You can also get it on yahsat but they are all scramble. This post is for u and kd10.

@Suleiman,
Thanks once again.my problem is that I'm not picking dstv on my 17°e 60 cm dish.I can only track multitv on that same 60cm dish.pls I need easy means of nailing dstv and Badr5 @ 26°e on that same 60cm dish I used for tracking 17°e.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
lincolnola:

@Suleiman,
Thanks once again.my problem is that I'm not picking dstv on my 17°e 60 cm dish.I can only track multitv on that same 60cm dish.pls I need easy means of nailing dstv and Badr5 @ 26°e on that same 60cm dish I used for tracking 17°e.thanks
Use 90cm to track 17e,28.2e and 36e together. you can read page 360 and 364 of this page to guide you through.
U need biger dish for badr.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
kwame-king:
I'm most grateful sir for your detail explanation. So what easiest frequency can I use, to track this JSC Channels @ 7W on NWA Beam? Also where should the LNB mouth face(clock)? I'm in Ghana. Please answer me.

use 11662 v 27500 with this you should have good signal better than 10993 v 27500.once you have the signal just scan your receiver for more tps.

skewing of lnb shouldnt be headache too,the mouth of your lnb where you attach your wire should be between eight o clock and nine o clock .Your full signal lies within that slot.

Note my explanation is correct when your dish is facing east ,once you do that just move your dish to west and track.But if you wanna track everything from west your skewing should be between three o clock and five o clock.

Good luck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
kwame pls give me the latitude and longitude of your location with that i should be able to give you correct skew for your location.The skew i gave you is for my location.Sorry about that.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
SULIEMAN3: @lincolnola, i can see u to be viewing this topic right now. I said track HD MBC with HD reciever, You can also get it on yahsat but they are all scramble. This post is for u and kd10.

@Suleiman
I will try dat 2moro.but you said the MBC HDs are srambled now, any need to track it again? and besides, what is ghe active TP for Badr5?
thnx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 3:30pm On Jul 07, 2013
Thanks for ur prompt response my ogas, Suleiman and Olenyi but even with mpeg 4(4669x11) those channels on 4.8e/7e and 33e are not showing. Also u didn't answ d 1st part of my question
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pls guru, what is d best and current tps for tracking mytv, nwa, newdawn and badr 6 with mpeg 2 RX. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2013

What was/is ur signal %. Make it to get to 80-90%. And remember to first track multi tv/joy tv with 12.523 v 19531 first. Skew the lnb to Optimize the signal. Then input 11881 v 27500 and standing at the back of the dish, raise it up and ti the right a bit. Then skew ur lnb to optimize ur signal. Tighten and blindscan.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
obnelly:

use 11662 v 27500 with this you should have good signal better than 10993 v 27500.once you have the signal just scan your receiver for more tps.

skewing of lnb shouldnt be headache too,the mouth of your lnb where you attach your wire should be between eight o clock and nine o clock .Your full signal lies within that slot.

Note my explanation is correct when your dish is facing east ,once you do that just move your dish to west and track.But if you wanna track everything from west your skewing should be between three o clock and five o clock.

Good luck
tenkz for prompt responce sir,
i tracked nilesat 7dg west wit 1mtr dish wit 10992 v 27500 i got 61percent signal but ,mbc doesnt appear i only got jsc and some test chanels
plz help me out am in nigeria
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2013
Akinige:
tenkz for prompt responce sir,
i tracked nilesat 7dg west wit 1mtr dish wit 10992 v 27500 i got 61percent signal but ,mbc doesnt appear i only got jsc and some test chanels
plz help me out am in nigeria

Akinige,sorry i havent tried 90cm on that bird but base on 3m you should have good signal on jsc to have mbc pop up on 1m dish.May be you will need to work more on your signal strength and i hope you are using mpeg4/HD receiver.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
Came across this just now. Guys test and give us feed back.

DSTV DECODER CONFIGURATION FOR FREE TO AIR VIEWING.

DSTV DECODER SETTINGS
Press the Menu button on your remote
Press 7 for ADVANCED OPTIONS
Press 1 for Dish Installations
Enter Pin: 9949
You will see the Dish Installations menu

Change the settings to the following:
HOME NETWORK            Right next to it change name to DSTv Pas 7
Don’t enter Home Network’s Menu – Don’t change any settings.
Scroll to NETWORK 2
Right next to it change name to Other
Press OK to open Network 2’s menu and enter CODES
Satellite name: Pas 7/10
FREQ:     12722
SYMB RATE: 26657
FEC  :       ½
POLAR: VERTICAL
SCROLL to ACCEPT all VALUES and pres OK
Scan All Networks.
Wait for scan to finish.

PRESS the TV Button

PRESS OK
Press EXIT
Press LEFT or RIGHT arrow button for all Public Pas7/10 channels to show.
SCROLL to Emmanuel TV and PRESS OK
Take Note: If Emmanuel TV does not show as one of the channels on the Pass7/10 Menu then enter at Network 3 exactly what was entered at Network 2 and accept and scan all networks again.
OR
Scroll to NETWORK 3
Right next to it change name to other
Press OK to open Network 3’s menu and enter CODES
Satellite name: Pas 7/10
SYMB RATE 26652
FEC         5/6
POLA VERTICAL
SCROLL to ACCEPT all VALUES and pres OK
You will be back at Dish Installations menu
SCROLL to SCAN ALL NEWORKS and press OK
Wait patiently until scan menu disappears (which indicates the end of scanning).
PRESS the TV Button

PRESS OK
Press EXIT
Take Note: If Emmanuel TV does not show as one of the channels on the Pass7/10 Menu then enter at Network 3 exactly what was entered at Network 2 and accept and scan all networks again.

DSTV DECODER 110 SETTINGS
Press the Menu button on your remote
Press 7 for ADVANCED OPTIONS
Press 1 for Dish Installations.
Enter Pin: 9949
You will see the Dish Installations menu
Change the settings to the following:
HOME NETWORK Right next to it change name to DSTvIS7
Don’t enter Home Network’s Menu – Don’t change any settings.
Scroll to NETWORK 2
Right next to it change name to DSTv IS7 or DSTV W4
Press OK to open Network 2’s menu and enter CODES
FREQ     12722
SYMB RATE 26657
FEC         ½
POLA VERTICALL
SCROLL to ACCEPT all VALUES and press OK
You will be back at Dish Installations Menu

Scroll to NETWORK 3
Right next to it change name to DSTv IS7
Press OK to open Network 3’s menu and enter CODES
FREQ     11170
SYMB RATE 26652
FEC         5/6
POLAR VERTICAL
SCROLL to ACCEPT all VALUES and press OK
You will be back at Dish Installations Menu
SCROLL to SCAN ALL NETWORKS and press OK
Wait patiently until scan menu disappears (which indicates the end of scanning).
Press the TV Button
SCROLL to PUBLIC DSTv IS7/ or it might say 10PUBLIC DSTvW4/7
PRESS OK
Press EXIT
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2013
olenyi: Came across this just now. Guys test and give us feed back.

olenyi, thats good one.
I will visit a friend and try it at his end.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
SULIEMAN3: olenyi, thats good one.
I will visit a friend and try it at his end.

@Sulieman3.

Just incase u get stuck half way, just factory reset the decoder.grin

And I think one needs to use it on a dish facing intelsat 7/10.

Am a bit sceptical but one can never tell.

Eagerly awaiting ur feedback.

My warm regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayd91(m): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2013
kingchis: plz i wantd 2 knw if bliss c0de c0uld work on daarsat decoder, nd sec0ndly i tried trackinq am0s 5 nd bard 5 earliar dz wik wit ma 60cm dish bt all 2 n0 avial. Plz is it posible 2 track dz 2birds frm p0rt harc0urt wit a 60cm dish.nd apart frm multitv wat oda fta can i receive wit dz dish frm ph

please, can Daarsat decoder use biss code? If so how?

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.