Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,852 members, 7,862,785 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5491343 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rhemite(m): 10:02am On Jul 09, 2013
Greetings, i have both 60cm, and 90cm install for me, but my amos5 is not showing, also i can see only joy tv, dstv and one call eurobird that has some AIT channels. how can i assemble all the 5 mention on my 90cm , cos i plan installing NSS7 on the smaller dish. PLS KINDLY HELP COS AM JUST NEW IN FTV and preparing for the coming season. also i keep hearing channels like nollywood, nollywood+. I LIKE to know how to get these also. THANKS..
Kosemanik: u can track all dis sat joytv28.2'E, dstv36'E and amos5 and w3c 16'E and 17'E on single 60cm dish see d pic on free to air thread
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 11:53am On Jul 09, 2013
@All I successuly tracked Arabsat 5c 20e on Sunday night with 1M dish on Strong 1.5k Cband lnd,All tips were active Signal 65% execpt Irib package the signal is not stable 39% Green then it flash Red On/Off till now.Then last night some tips that was Red on the day of Tracking pop Green so in total i have 36 Channels however am optimistic Irib Package will be stable soon bcus Since this Hamattan weda started my Amos /Intel ND on 60CM are not stable as well (12334 v27500)10803h30000 (10976h 30000)-
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
This tips bahave in the same manner like the IRIB Green/Red on&off while other tips are stable so am hopeful that i will achive my goal on Irib package bcus that is my main aim of going for 1M dish so guys by end of this month the weda will make a difference.Finally i stumble on this Sat at Sathint Intelsat 902@62e Cband it has Sabc 1/3,Citizentv & Irib Package together but the tips 4 Irib is like its KUband & i don't know if the beam covers all Africa or not? can someone pls explain better for us.tnks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
kd10: @All I successuly tracked Arabsat 5c 20e on Sunday night with 1M dish on Strong 1.5k Cband lnd,All tips were active Signal 65% execpt Irib package the signal is not stable 39% Green then it flash Red On/Off till now.Then last night some tips that was Red on the day of Tracking pop Green so in total i have 36 Channels however am optimistic Irib Package will be stable soon bcus Since this Hamattan weda started my Amos /Intel ND on 60CM are not stable as well (12334 v27500)10803h30000 (10976h 30000)-

Try playing around with ur lnb to see if u get the tp's up. As for Amos, it has being steady. So maybe u also need to check ur setup. Although on 60cm as u are using, its not totally unexpected.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 12:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
Thank you very much for your explanation. But pls, what about the the JSC sports channels? Are they also scrambled? All my JSC channels @7W on NWA beamare scrambled. Please, please, are they scrambled everywhere? I wait patiently to read a response from my Big Men in the forum. it
n9jaboy:

All the MBC HD on @7w are scrambled. You can input this frequency 11.555v27500 though
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
kd10: This tips bahave in the same manner like the IRIB Green/Red on&off while other tips are stable so am hopeful that i will achive my goal on Irib package bcus that is my main aim of going for 1M dish so guys by end of this month the weda will make a difference.Finally i stumble on this Sat at Sathint Intelsat 902@62e Cband it has Sabc 1/3,Citizentv & Irib Package together but the tips 4 Irib is like its KUband & i don't know if the beam covers all Africa or not? can someone pls explain better for us.tnks

Why are u sending us back again.
The sabc 1,2,3 and co are receivable here but are locked with Nagravision 3. So in essence, we can't view it. And by the way, it's on c band (4 numbers)

As for irib, did u not see clearly that they wrote ''irrib left''?
And dat the beam on the right hand side of the beam clearly stated ''spot one, middle east''. And this one's on ku (5 numbers)

and if u take ur time to click on the beam, a map will be displayed showing u clearly the coverage area.

Regards.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by n9jaboy: 12:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
kwame-king:
Thank you very much for your explanation. But pls, what about the the JSC sports channels? Are they also scrambled? All my JSC channels @7W on NWA beamare scrambled. Please, please, are they scrambled everywhere? I wait patiently to read a response from my Big Men in the forum. it

Yes! scrambled @ my end.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 1:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
Many thanks N9jaboy! So all the Mbc and Jsc channels are scrambled? Hey! Then this NWA beam is not worth tracking!!!!!! Please do you have any alternative satellite( C-Band or KU-Band) where I can get these JSC sports channels free?
n9jaboy:

Yes! scrambled @ my end.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 1:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
@Olenyi as u can see i atributed all this to weather bcus my home in lagos Amos 16/17e 90cm are stable even here in Accra is equally stable on 60cm untill the Hamathan weda start but thankfully this tip 12562h30000 is stable & serve as alternative to 10803 h 30000 with dsame channels so for the Irib i will stll fine tune it once more by then the weather will improve abit since i can't go for Above 1M which i know will be stable no matter how bad the weda is but no space.thanks Viva Fta

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
kd10: @Olenyi as u can see i atributed all this to weather bcus my home in lagos Amos 16/17e 90cm are stable even here in Accra is equally stable on 60cm untill the Hamathan weda start but thankfully this tip 12562h30000 is stable & serve as alternative to 10803 h 30000 with dsame channels so for the Irib i will stll fine tune it once more by then the weather will improve abit since i can't go for Above 1M which i know will be stable no matter how bad the weda is but no space.thanks Viva Fta

wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Pls house, my Irib Varzesh has no sound. What could be the problem?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 11:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
Hello Gurus in the Forum, please something bothers me and I want some clarity. Please Gurus, is Aljazeera sports+ different from Jsc sports +? Are these channels free- to- air in Africa? If they are FTA, how can one track those channels? I mean the size of dish& satellite. I'm in Accra,Ghana.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:40am On Jul 10, 2013
Boadu: Hello Gurus in the Forum, please something bothers me and I want some clarity. Please Gurus, is Aljazeera sports+ different from Jsc sports +? Are these channels free- to- air in Africa? If they are FTA, how can one track those channels? I mean the size of dish& satellite. I'm in Accra,Ghana.

Al jazeera sports = JSC sports

Not FTA. Subscription based.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loluc90(m): 8:26am On Jul 10, 2013
Boadu: Hello Gurus in the Forum, please something bothers me and I want some clarity. Please Gurus, is Aljazeera sports+ different from Jsc sports +? Are these channels free- to- air in Africa? If they are FTA, how can one track those channels? I mean the size of dish& satellite. I'm in Accra,Ghana.
Like Olenyi said,jsc sports 1 n 2 are free-to-air, jsc +1 - +10 are not free-t-air.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 8:54am On Jul 10, 2013
Many thanks
olenyi:

Al jazeera sports = JSC sports

Not FTA. Subscription based.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 8:56am On Jul 10, 2013
Most grateful sir. So which satellite can I find Jsc sports 1n2? And do they show live matches?
loluc90: Like Olenyi said,jsc sports 1 n 2 are free-to-air, jsc +1 - +10 are not free-t-air.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 9:11am On Jul 10, 2013
kwame-king:
Pls house, my Irib Varzesh has no sound. What could be the problem?

The problem seems to be originating from the other end,I have tried 3 different receivers and none has audio on this channel and also my friend confirmed the same to me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 9:57am On Jul 10, 2013
Pls house, is LC2/NTV2 still operating on 22W(Ku-Band)? I've tried 10986v30000, but I'm still not hitting green. Is there any frequency I can use?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 10:05am On Jul 10, 2013
Mr Kibukila, I'm most grateful for your response. Please drop your email into my mail box(kwame0299@gmail.com). I want to have a very brief discussion with you. Have a brilliant day!!!
kibukila:

The problem seems to be originating from the other end,I have tried 3 different receivers and none has audio on this channel and also my friend confirmed the same to me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 10:53am On Jul 10, 2013
@all what are the best fta movie channels around.and also among th fta football channels which ones have good picture quality?.joysports is terrible.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 11:16am On Jul 10, 2013
kd10: @All I successuly tracked Arabsat 5c 20e on Sunday night with 1M dish on Strong 1.5k Cband lnd,All tips were active Signal 65% execpt Irib package the signal is not stable 39% Green then it flash Red On/Off till now.Then last night some tips that was Red on the day of Tracking pop Green so in total i have 36 Channels however am optimistic Irib Package will be stable soon bcus Since this Hamattan weda started my Amos /Intel ND on 60CM are not stable as well (12334 v27500)10803h30000 (10976h 30000)-
please where is your location,are u in the southwest state
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Our campaign has really gain grounds. 5 hrs ago we received a message from Arabsat indicating that our request to get the MBC SD free-to-air channels in Sub-Saharan Africa has been acknowledged at that they will be looking into it. This is the best news we've heard so far and we are glad to say you guys are all part of the people that really made this happen. Now Arabsat has heard our request, it's time we made the people of The MBC group hear our request. I still ask everyone to Send them emails, forward to them SMSs, tweet them or even post on their facebook walls. If they will encrypt their HD channels, let's all push so that the SD channels will be free for us. It can only happen when we all work together and speak with one voice. Let's all work at this and keep our fingers crossed for an exciting tomorrow. (y)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
faithchild: please where is your location,are u in the southwest state
Accra.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
@kwame-king mi mpawutcho what is ur Signal% on IRIB Varzesh? tnks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
swordswifter: Hello Everyone,

Our campaign has really gain grounds. 5 hrs ago we received a message from Arabsat indicating that our request to get the MBC SD free-to-air channels in Sub-Saharan Africa has been acknowledged at that they will be looking into it. This is the best news we've heard so far and we are glad to say you guys are all part of the people that really made this happen. Now Arabsat has heard our request, it's time we made the people of The MBC group hear our request. I still ask everyone to Send them emails, forward to them SMSs, tweet them or even post on their facebook walls. If they will encrypt their HD channels, let's all push so that the SD channels will be free for us. It can only happen when we all work together and speak with one voice. Let's all work at this and keep our fingers crossed for an exciting tomorrow. (y)

Big bro. Tuale
See this is the best news to have come to FTA this year. Am with u on this. From now on, they are going to bookmark this name ''OLENYI'' cos am not gonna let them rest again. Onwards we match. Lets do this.

My warm regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
kd10: Accra.
thanks, which country is closer to the bird nigeria or ghana
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2013

whats their twitter handler?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
@faithchild] Both r Closer bcus it covers the whole africa with more stronger reception in North/East Africa than West africa..u can read back pages of FTA live football thread for more info.Cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2013

Swordswifter, you are a great man. Most of us have just been wondering why we are the least served region in the world, FTA wise. Is it because we are non-moslem and none white, we wondered? or is it because of our poverty? Surely there is no techical or commercial reason why all the nice FTA beams are concentrated in the same places, leaving us out. Today it is recorded in cyber space that men like swordswifter had the courage to take the bull by its horns to pose these questions to the powers that be and they got the required attention. This must be commended. It required one to rise above the region to see the global village and to demand for equal rights within that village. Well done bro, and the battle continues. I expect BB to try with every weapon in his arsenal to convince Arabsat to stay away from what he sees as his back yard, but nothing can stand in the way of a united continent.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2013

Yeeeaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!! that's what am talking about. thanks man...grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
while blindscann 36e jst nw new channels popd up .I.e aljazeera sport,Dubai sports n others no video n audio for nw.

blindscan btw 12000to12750
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
roman001: while blindscann 36e jst nw new channels popd up .I.e aljeera sport,Dubai sports n others no video n audio for nw.

blindscan btw 12000to12750

shocked shocked shocked

Although u could've dropped the freq here instead of telling us to go blindscan again. grin

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.