Stats: 3,162,647 members, 7,851,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:47 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5475173 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 3:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
olenyi:

shocked shocked shocked

Although u could've dropped the freq here instead of telling us to go blindscan again. grin

Regards.
phcn unavailable
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
swordswifter: Hello Everyone,

Our campaign has really gain grounds. 5 hrs ago we received a message from Arabsat indicating that our request to get the MBC SD free-to-air channels in Sub-Saharan Africa has been acknowledged at that they will be looking into it. This is the best news we've heard so far and we are glad to say you guys are all part of the people that really made this happen. Now Arabsat has heard our request, it's time we made the people of The MBC group hear our request. I still ask everyone to Send them emails, forward to them SMSs, tweet them or even post on their facebook walls. If they will encrypt their HD channels, let's all push so that the SD channels will be free for us. It can only happen when we all work together and speak with one voice. Let's all work at this and keep our fingers crossed for an exciting tomorrow. (y)
Good one bros, we just heard an awesome word from you. Pls let us keep the spirit of FTA burning... This one is another major reason of our being here.
I'm looking forward to viewing these channels on my screen.
Swordswifter, weldone once again.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
kwame-king:
Mr Kibukila, I'm most grateful for your response. Please drop your email into my mail box(kwame0299@gmail.com). I want to have a very brief discussion with you. Have a brilliant day!!!

The audio is now back on IRIB Varzesh enjoy.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
olenyi:

shocked shocked shocked

Although u could've dropped the freq here instead of telling us to go blindscan again. grin

Regards.
12.286 H 11200
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 4:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hello Swordswifter,
you have just given us what we have been especting. More grease to your elbow.

@ All,
I would like to suggest to anybody who cares to write to MBC Group to suggest to them that they should give us MBC sd through Badr 5.
Reasons.
1. Signals on Badr 5 are high.
2. Badr 5 is trackable with 65cm dish.
3. Most trasponders on Eutelsat 7 west ( NWA beam) are weak.
4. They are not trackable with 65cm dish.
5. Badr 5 look more promising than Eutelsat 7 west (NWA beam).
6. One can combine Badr 5 with Astra 2F, Amos 5, Eutelsat 16, Eutelsat 4/7, Intelsat newdown on a 90 cm dish and thereby reduce the number of dish being scattered on a building.

This is my humble suggestion.

Thank you all.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
olenyi,
this is the t.p for alazeera sport 12274h11195.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
@All
Thanx 4 your kind guesture here.i've been able to track dstv,multitv,w6c on 60cm dish with amos5 as primary lnb.
Pls, what can i add to the setup? Can i add badr5 and SES 4.8 to the setup? Pls i need your response.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
faithchild: 12.286 H 11200
SULIEMAN3: olenyi,
this is the t.p for alazeera sport 12274h11195.

Thanks guys.

If only I was at home.sad

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
roman001: phcn unavailable

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
88%
kd10: @kwame-king mi mpawutcho what is ur Signal% on IRIB Varzesh? tnks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olaade21: 8:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
@olenyi,i have been following the threads on FTA with passion and it seems you are the person to call on if i need one installed.
I already have DSTV installed in my home but would like to get the strong 4922A decoder and would like to have you install it or recommend someone that can do a perfect job.
my email is toorich_thang@yahoo.com
Please send me a shout out.You really rock.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 8:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
@kwame-king Wow its impressive am using 1Mdish with Strong 15k Cband lnb my Signal is 65%,My Irib is not stable Green/Red on &off.What type of Cband lnb are you using?bcus i know ur dish is above 1M.waiting 4ur reply.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshinmichael: 8:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
Pls my nollywood and nollywood plus is not showing on mytv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
Oshinmichael: Pls my nollywood and nollywood plus is not showing on mytv

Its gone for now.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=olaade21][/quote]

U got mail.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 8:01am On Jul 11, 2013
Smile tv on 68,5e 12602 h 26657 and also sama lebanon testing on the same tp
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 8:19am On Jul 11, 2013

Is it mpeg 4?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 8:59am On Jul 11, 2013
I'm using similar C-band LNB(strong 15K), with a 1.8m dish. The signal is very very stable with that dish.
kd10: @kwame-king Wow its impressive am using 1Mdish with Strong 15k Cband lnb my Signal is 65%,My Irib is not stable Green/Red on &off.What type of Cband lnb are you using?bcus i know ur dish is above 1M.waiting 4ur reply.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 9:08am On Jul 11, 2013
D.lee:
Hello Swordswifter,
you have just given us what we have been especting. More grease to your elbow.

@ All,
I would like to suggest to anybody who cares to write to MBC Group to suggest to them that they should give us MBC sd through Badr 5.
Reasons.
1. Signals on Badr 5 are high.
2. Badr 5 is trackable with 65cm dish.
3. Most trasponders on Eutelsat 7 west ( NWA beam) are weak.
4. They are not trackable with 65cm dish.
5. Badr 5 look more promising than Eutelsat 7 west (NWA beam).
6. One can combine Badr 5 with Astra 2F, Amos 5, Eutelsat 16, Eutelsat 4/7, Intelsat newdown on a 90 cm dish and thereby reduce the number of dish being scattered on a building.

This is my humble suggestion.

Thank you all.

Us here in Southern Africa have never locked on to any Badr or any Nilesat signal. The signal fringe reception ends in Kenya and upper Tanzania. My sgggestion is that they should put the MBCs on Arabsat 5c or 5A which everyone in africa can access.

The message to them should be nice and strong, here is a sample message:

"In the name of Allah, the merciful, the compassinate, we plead with you our Middle Eastern bothers to consider us with what you have been blessed. All the satellite FTA signals are focussed on europe, the middle east and asia and very little for us in sub Saharan Africa. To get your signal we need 3 metre to 4 metre dishes. There is no economic or technical reason why this should be this way. All the school text books here show that the last time you our Arab brothers partnered with us was during the great African slave trade and you have never shown any interest in us ever since, which is very negative. Sharing your satellite signal with us will be very useful in helping us understand your culture and our common humanity. We urge you to emulate Iran which helped us understand them better as a people when they were beaming press TV and IFILM in english to us until very recently when they were not alowed by Intelsat. We urge you during this Ramadan to hear our plea and consider our request.Future generations of Africans will remember and appreciate your hand of frienship for ever."

@ all, just cut that and paste in your tweet, add your own words mentioning Arabsat 5c and send and you are done.

Viva FTA.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 10:20am On Jul 11, 2013
Lunsat:

Us here in Southern Africa have never locked on to any Badr or any Nilesat signal. The signal fringe reception ends in Kenya and upper Tanzania. My sgggestion is that they should put the MBCs on Arabsat 5c or 5A which everyone in africa can access.

"In the name of Allah, the merciful, the compassinate, we plead with you our Middle Eastern bothers to consider us with what you have been blessed. All the satellite FTA signals are focussed on europe, the middle east and asia and very little for us in sub Saharan Africa. To get your signal we need 3 metre to 4 metre dishes. There is no economic or technical reason why this should be this way. All the school text books here show that the last time you our Arab brothers partnered with us was during the great African slave trade and you have never shown any interest in us ever since, which is very negative. Sharing your satellite signal with us will be very useful in helping us understand your culture and our common humanity. We urge you to emulate Iran which helped us understand them better as a people when they were beaming press TV and IFILM in english to us until very recently when they were not alowed by Intelsat. We urge you during this Ramadan to hear our plea and consider our request.Future generations of Africans will remember and appreciate your hand of frienship for ever."

@ all, just cut that and paste in your tweet, add your own words mentioning Arabsat 5c and send and you are done.

Viva FTA.

Gosh! wont work, Tweeter has a 140 character limit max per tweet!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 10:27am On Jul 11, 2013
Hello House, I'm considering tracking Badr5@26E. My question is: can I use 90cm to nail that bird in W/Africa? Pls is there any sports channel on that beam(Badr5)? Gurus, I need your explanation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 10:49am On Jul 11, 2013
Pls guys I need to know whether 1 meter dish can get IRIB (ARABSAT 5C) in PH Nigeria. I want to be sure before I waste my money buying C Band lnb. And if yes, what is the highest gain lnb to be used? Am on my kneels pls.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:55am On Jul 11, 2013
kwame-king:
Hello House, I'm considering tracking Badr5@26E. My question is: can I use 90cm to nail that bird in W/Africa? Pls is there any sports channel on that beam(Badr5)? Gurus, I need your explanation.

What really happened to

http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php

And

www.lyngsat.com

For all the sat's receivable and corresponding tp's and channel list's. Lets not keep repeating questions here. It doesn't look good u know.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kingjames(m): 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2013

hon1977:

Is it mpeg 4?

They are mpeg 2
if only these channels has audio/video dubai sports in particular.
#bundesliga.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by UncleSmart: 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
obnelly:
Not in MENA regions.we are receiving jsc sport here as off foot print bird.With the introduction of NWA Beam via 90cm dish i smell a dead rat here with our dstv claiming they own Africa excluding North Africa.Al jazeera is eyeing a big business in west africa region i suppose ,that is why NWA is there.Let us wait and see.Time shall tell.

roman001: while blindscann 36e jst nw new channels popd up .I.e aljazeera sport,Dubai sports n others no video n audio for nw.
blindscan btw 12000to12750

i think the dead rat Big Oga Obnelly is smelling is smelling the more, let us wait as you have suggested, time will tell.
well, i dey laugh in ilaje language. Just pray big brother is not playing tricks if they are not by now they should be sweating. just my opinion. Competition is imminent.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by UncleSmart: 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
Lunsat:

Viva FTA.
Please i dont mean to degrade you or your post.
You must be a Professor or a great Toaster.
i was carried away and impressed by your sample message.
keep it up please, if tweeter will not allow this we can bombard their email.
and from today if you dont mind i will start calling you Prof
thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Another reply has been received from Arabsat. I will use the opportunity to forward D.lee and Lungsat's suggestion for the mean time. Still, i believe Arabsat is just the signal carrier. For things to happen at a faster pace, the MBC group must actually start showing some signs of commitment. If anyone receives a message from them to this regard, kindly let the house know and thank each and everyone for supporting this cause. We are the only people that can change the face of FTA in Africa. Enjoy your day!

NB: Will post the links to reach these companies within the hour. Thanks

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
The following a links to the MBC group of companies

http://www.mbc.net/mbc/en/contact-us

https://www.facebook.com/MBC.Group?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

tweets @mbc_group

https://www.facebook.com/mbcaction

tweets @mbcactiontweets

https://www.facebook.com/mbc2tv?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

tweets @mbc2tweets

https://www.facebook.com/mbc4tv?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

tweets @mbc4tweets

I hope we can flood them with enough messages for them to start noticing.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by UncleSmart: 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
swordswifter: The following a links to the MBC group of companies

http://www.mbc.net/mbc/en/contact-us

https://www.facebook.com/MBC.Group?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

tweets @mbc_group

https://www.facebook.com/mbcaction

tweets @mbcactiontweets

https://www.facebook.com/mbc2tv?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

tweets @mbc2tweets

https://www.facebook.com/mbc4tv?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

tweets @mbc4tweets

I hope we can flood them with enough messages for them to start noticing.

Thumbs up for you!!!
Please all lets do as instructed, good tidings will definately come. i have done that already. Thanks Man Keep it up.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2013
@kwame-king]Oh Chally Am using 1M well i will still fine tune it this weekend hopefully d Signal % will increase or if i can get more advance Cband lnb better than Strong 15k i will go for it, any suggestion is wellcomed from Forumites. @Gh-one were r u? Viva FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
swordswifter: Hello Everyone,

Another reply has been received from Arabsat. I will use the opportunity to forward D.lee and Lungsat's suggestion for the mean time. Still, i believe Arabsat is just the signal carrier. For things to happen at a faster pace, the MBC group must actually start showing some signs of commitment. If anyone receives a message from them to this regard, kindly let the house know and thank each and everyone for supporting this cause. We are the only people that can change the face of FTA in Africa. Enjoy your day!

NB: Will post the links to reach these companies within the hour. Thanks
please let join hands together achieve this mission,i just send them a message,i will send as i can.let bombard them messages,one love
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
Greatest Nairalander I need your help I am a very passionate adventurist. It is through this forum that I was able to track Amos 5, dstv, multitv,Mytv, Eutelsat 16 & 17 with 65cm dish. Kudos to you all
Pls I want to reposition my dish to another satelite I need your candid opinion on where I can point my dish to get some other interesting FTA channels with 65cm. My location is Abeokuta in Ogun State
God bless you all as you respond thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (2352) (Reply)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61