Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5459781 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mofus1: 11:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
williams85: this is a piece of advice.. D money to be used in buyin usb wireless, use it to buy wireless router.. U won't regret it.
@williams85 i have a wireless router and android phone pls explain how i can use it to connect my srt to the internet pls

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
zobo-i-zee:
try this type. it worked well with 4922A.
please wat is the name of dat wireless usb can it work with 4922 with 1.24p software.did u say the price is 3200 naira
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Damma(m): 12:35am On Jul 16, 2013
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 1:07am On Jul 16, 2013
Damma: Al Jazeera Sport awarded Premier League Rights http://premierleague.com/en-gb/news/article.al-jazeera-awarded-premier-league-broadcasting-rights.html

Three-year deal awarded for broadcast
rights for all 380 matches in Middle East
North Africa
The Premier League is pleased to
announce that Al Jazeera Sport has
been awarded the exclusive
broadcasting rights in Middle East North
Africa for all 380 Barclays Premier
League matches per season for the
seasons 2013/14-2015/16.
"We are extremely pleased to
welcome Al Jazeera Sport as a new
partner in Middle East North Africa"
Richard Scudamore
Al Jazeera Sport’s chairman, Mr. Nasser Al
Khelaifi, was delighted to obtain the
rights, which were acquired from
international media company MP & Silva.
He said: "We are extremely excited by the
addition of the Barclays Premier League
for the next three year cycle, the value that
this can add to our customer proposition
and extending further our portfolio of top
European football."
Al Jazeera Sport plans to bring its
subscribers complete coverage of the
Barclays Premier League including
dedicated studios for both Arabic and
English coverage.
Premier League Chief Executive, Mr.
Richard Scudamore said, "We are
extremely pleased to welcome Al Jazeera
Sport as a new partner in Middle East
North Africa. We look forward to working
with them and are confident they will
broadcast the Barclays Premier League in
a comprehensive and innovative manner
to our fans in the region."
Al Jazeera Sport will be the exclusive
Barclays Premier League broadcast in the
Middle East North Africa region which
includes: Bahrain, Iraq, Iran; Kuwait;
Jordan; Lebanon; Mauritania; Oman;
Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; South Sudan;
Syria; United Arab Emirates; Yemen;
Algeria; Chad; Libya; Morocco; Somalia;
Tunisia; Egypt and Djibouti.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 2:29am On Jul 16, 2013
@ All,
multi choice confirms espn have ditched the
African and middle east market
This is a press release from
Multichoice concerning ESPN who
have decided that they do not
want nor need the African
market -afterall, we aren't exactly
what is considered to be "prime
market".
MultiChoice would like to notify
its DStv subscribers that it has
received notification from ESPN
that it intends to close the ESPN
and ESPN Classic Television
Channels in Africa on 31 July
2013. This appears to be a
business decision by ESPN
affecting all its channels in
Africa, Europe and Middle East.
MultiChoice will keep its
subscribers informed of
developments in this regard and
would like to thank them for
their continued support.

Edited from msondaa's post.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 2:43am On Jul 16, 2013
mofus1: @williams85 i have a wireless router and android phone pls explain how i can use it to connect my srt to the internet pls
connect a LAN cable from ur router to ur strong, then go to system setting, ip setting and put the DHCP usage on then scan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 5:55am On Jul 16, 2013
@ faithchild, yes. Plug it in , put on ur hotspots, goto menu on the box, scroll down to where u ve ip setting, then change it to wireless in d box there and press scan. Then enter ur wifi password once its name is identified. Dats all. Make sure u save it so dat u won't go thru scanning again wen nxt u r using it. Am nt wit d decoder dat's y dis expanation is a bit sketchy pls. Hope it help u cha.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 6:28am On Jul 16, 2013
@ All: Does it mean Irib tv3/varzesh, will not broadcast EPL on Free to Air basis? Or does it mean no FTA channel in MENA -region will have the right to show EPL?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mofus1: 7:35am On Jul 16, 2013
williams85: connect a LAN cable from ur router to ur strong, then go to system setting, ip setting and put the DHCP usage on then scan
thanks williams85 but am little bit confused how can i connect a LAN cable to a wireless router
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2013
is there no LAN port on ur router?
check at the back
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mofus1: 10:40am On Jul 16, 2013
Ok i have seen it thank u very much
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 11:28am On Jul 16, 2013
pedronaran62:
i managed to track irib on 20 east using a 1.8m solid pan dish very easily. next i tried tracking the same bird with a 1.8m prime focus 6 petal dish with difficulty. i had to bend the top and bottom two petals inwards slightly to obtain maximum signal on al jazeera channels 4054 l 27500. i used the strong, wiztech, eurolink lnbs, but failed to hit green.then i used eurostar , hit green one go. see lnb skew on pictures

@Pedro, your dish is warped and has severl focal points instead of one hence the strange skew on your LNBF. With the LNBF at that angle you are probably using only half the dish hence the problems in tracking IRIB. On a normal dish the LNBF should have highest signal when pointed at the centre of the dish. What you need to do is to remove the dish and put it on a flat floor, like a verandah and press and bend it and tighten all screws until all petals can touch the floor, then mount it again. You will enjoy the full power of the dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bode4real(m): 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
@ Olenyi
Pls i need to contact u, u can send me a blank mail
techman4real@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
if u are in the east of nigeria...mcl is nw fta 4 d mean time
Track with-10.816 v.27500,11.254 v. 27500,10.755 v. 27500'Nilesat 7,w especially if u are in abia state...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bisi12004: 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
Hello house ,anyone interested in aljazeera card? With a year subscription should contact me
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
Chukstaker: if u are in the east of nigeria...mcl is nw fta 4 d mean time
Track with-10.816 v.27500,11.254 v. 27500,10.755 v. 27500'Nilesat 7,w especially if u
are in abia state...
thanks man, one love
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
please have oromia tv,RDV, mbc3 lost epl rigth? or is there any new channel for epl this season? one love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
@Chukstaker] Biko dish? Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
ballamy: please have oromia tv,RDV, mbc3 lost epl rigth? or is there any new channel for epl this season? one love.

Oromia and mbc take their live matches from optma sports just like many other public broadcasters, i don't knw about rdv but i think as long as canal sat+ still broadcast epl RDV will be up and running as they take their matches from them. What happens with these rights as far as i knw broadcasters can enter into agreements with those who have exclusive rights like PTV SPORTS take their epl matches from espn australia, so for all fta hobbists all hope is not lost for free epl matches just wait for the season to kick off.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
kingsley-1:

Three-year deal awarded for broadcast rights for all 380 matches in Middle East North Africa The Premier League is pleased to announce that Al Jazeera Sport has been awarded the exclusive broadcasting rights in Middle East North Africa for all 380 Barclays Premier League matches per season for the seasons 2013/14-2015/16.

You are 100% right. I went straight to their website, it was clearly mentioned there.Check here http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv/ on the right hand, it was writen:

WELCOME TO ALJAZEERASPORT.TV
THE HOME OF LIVE SPORT ONLINE

13,000 LIVE matches a year
The World's best competitions
380 English Premier League matches
Watch them all here, exclusively LIVE!
High quality, official live streams
On computer, mobile or tablet

I went to their Al-Jazeera News office to further my inquiry. The Manager I met promised to get back to me through my mail. But, comfrimed the EPL right.

Remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojtech8291: 6:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
ds one wl b more cheaper for fta stations to show 2 matches per week whn compared to dat of dsthief right. Up aljazeera but na few channels day our region here. Make dem incrz deir coverage areas/ region.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
hon1977:

Oromia and mbc take their live matches from optma sports just like many other public broadcasters, i don't knw about rdv but i think as long as canal sat+ still broadcast epl RDV will be up and running as they take their matches from them. What happens with these rights as far as i knw broadcasters can enter into agreements with those who have exclusive rights like PTV SPORTS take their epl matches from espn australia, so for all fta hobbists all hope is not lost for free epl matches just wait for the season to kick off.

RDV takes most of her matches from Abudhabi sport and not canal sport.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wallexmanz: 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2013
Please 2 all guru in d house,please am using strong 4669x anyone in d house should help me with d software for upgrading my decoder dis is my email-wallexcares4soul@yahoo.com.,i will glad waiting for ur respone all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
@pedronaran62,what LNB did u use to track ur IRIB stuff easily,my supermax not giving me good results,tanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
Congrats Srt4940 users,ugrade ur rx OTA n watch both infinity n consat packages.nw SW fixes AAC audio enjoy!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 10:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
Hello Great Obnelly, please explain things to me. 1.Can I track Abudhabi sport in W/Africa? 2. Has Optima sport on Amos5@17E got a right to show EPL on FTA basis? 3. Gtv& Joysports showed EPL last season, unfortunately they never showed big matches eg Chelsea v Man U etc. Please if you have opportunity to know, explain to me why Fta channels normally are restricted from showing Big matches thank you.
obnelly:

RDV takes most of her matches from Abudhabi sport and not canal sport.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
@ All Scan Eutelsat W3a 7e 12604 h 30000 Advert for Fransat dth/La liga serie a Bundes liga Ligue 1 Champions leauge .Basket ball, Boxing Motor Sport, Tennis, Rugby,golden leauge all on bein sport/fransat.Cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 1:17am On Jul 17, 2013
I thought it's a PAY-TV? Wow! Minds are not clear on this. Well, beIN sports may go scrambled after some weeks of Advertising on fta basis!
kd10: @ All Scan Eutelsat W3a 7e 12604 h 30000 Advert for Fransat dth/La liga serie a Bundes liga Ligue 1 Champions leauge .Basket ball, Boxing Motor Sport, Tennis, Rugby,golden leauge all on bein sport/fransat.Cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ehisdan(m): 9:41am On Jul 17, 2013
Pls my brothers in d house. Some one should pls kindly give me d software to upgrade srt4663x and explain to me how to go about it. My e-mail dehighe@yahoo.com na beg i dey beg o.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 12:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
@George_D.
I have changed the burnt IC but still remains the same.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
iykmora:
will be eager to get d feedback 'cos i had similar probs wit my rx showing lnbf wit a burnt ic. Thought it was caused by lightning then! Do ur thang bro #SiddonWait
hv not succeded.
It is still showing LNBF on the front pannel despite changing the burnt IC.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mallamovye(m): 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
SULIEMAN3: hv not succeded.
It is still showing LNBF on the front pannel despite changing the burnt IC.
any hope of chelsea pre season today pls gurus

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)