Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5460040 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by segxes23(m): 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2013
Olenyi,pls answer my humble question
segxes23: Is it possible to track a bird that has AIT with a 65cm dish? Thanks gurus
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
George_D:
Often times, installers have been known to receive nasty
electric shock from poorly earthed decoders as a result of not switching off before removing f-connectors
from decoders.

Please lets be guided.

Just my 2 cents.

@George_D.

I must confess that this has been my lot for countless times. If all the little jabs i've received over the years were to be combined at once, it'll be enough to stretch out a horse. grin . And it keeps repeating itself.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy200: 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
pls gurus how much is aljazeera (JSC sport) subscription i need monthly/a year
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
George_D:

@SULIEMAN3,

That process of removing the RF connector from the decoder without first switching off power resulted
in the negative and positive ends of your RG 45 cable being bridged together and hence your ic being burnt.
That was why your decoder was displaying 'LNBF' on the front panel. Most times a lot of us do this especially
when we are in a . We get away with it without any consequence but on a few occasions like yours, disaster
happens. It is a very bad practice we must learn to avoid. Always take time to switch off your decoder from
the back on and off switch before changing cables. Often times, installers have been known to receive nasty
electric shock from poorly earthed decoders as a result of not switching off before removing f-connectors
from decoders.

Please lets be guided.

Just my 2 cents.
thank you bros.
you really got the actuall fact there. just like you were there with me.
hope i should now go for the changing of the burnt ic? though i'm still looking for the one that corresponds with the number of the burnt one to replace it.
thank you bros.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:39pm On Jul 14, 2013
segxes23: Olenyi,pls answer my humble question

That is Amos 5 @ 17'e right? Its possible. But to get stable signal on the Ait/daarsat channels, it's advisable to go for 90cm if possible. Track with 11881 v 27500. Try and get the highest signal % possible. Then blindscan. It's a little above multi tv/ joy tv position. Get joy tv with 12.523 v 19531 first, then input the above freq and raise ur dish a little up and to the right while standing at the back of the dish.

Regards.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 10:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
An answer to this question will be useful to some of the forum members
Easy200: pls gurus how much is aljazeera (JSC sport) subscription i need monthly/a year
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
Easy200: pls gurus how much is aljazeera (JSC sport) subscription i need monthly/a year

You've got to wait until the rights issue is resolved then u know which provider to get their card.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 5:22am On Jul 15, 2013
olenyi:

The rx is just like any other rx and can be used for anything FTA. Just dat mytv made it in such a way dat it doesn't have patch updates, thus making it useless for future modifications if u understand what I mean. It's more or less made to cater mainly for mytv subscribers.

The pairing is done so u can't use the smart card on any other receiver. Just like Dstv. The smart card is married to one receiver for life.

Regards.
thanks bro...you've said it all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gabon(m): 6:51am On Jul 15, 2013
olenyi:

Ur proposition is not possible. Are u tired of paying for Dstv? If yes, disconnect the cable from the Dstv setup and use it for strong. But if u want to use the two at the same time, then go run another cable thru the window or ceiling or something. Regards.

Regards.

thanks man
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by segxes23(m): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2013
olenyi:

That is Amos 5 @ 17'e right? Its possible. But to get stable signal on the Ait/daarsat channels, it's advisable to go for 90cm if possible. Track with 11881 v 27500. Try and get the highest signal % possible. Then blindscan. It's a little above multi tv/ joy tv position. Get joy tv with 12.523 v 19531 first, then input the above freq and raise ur dish a little up and to the right while standing at the back of the dish.

Regards.
Thanks Boss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 9:45am On Jul 15, 2013
Pls how do i connect my 4922a to internet via my android phone
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 10:07am On Jul 15, 2013
High Gurus i want to load software from pc to receiver via rs232 cable but the pc is not seeing the receiver. Can someone help me how do i go about it or there are some settings which need to be done first?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:14am On Jul 15, 2013
hon1977: High Gurus i want to load software from pc to receiver via rs232 cable but the pc is not seeing the receiver. Can someone help me how do i go about it or there are some settings which need to be done first?

Why not use a flash? But if u most, go to Crosat.us and download SRT LOADER. Dat's what u use on pc for software upgrade.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:58am On Jul 15, 2013
Zeetry: Pls how do i connect my 4922a to internet via my android phone
Using the USB port on your receiver ,You must attach...a wireless usb adapter specified for your 4922a receiver,which will enable the receiver to search for available wifi devices....before using internet sharing /hotspot from your android phone...just a tip. ..Note this won't be usefull if your receiver does not support wi-fi..check specification...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 11:29am On Jul 15, 2013
Can i watch joytv on my HITV pls answer dis question
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 11:51am On Jul 15, 2013
olenyi:

Why not use a flash? But if u most, go to Crosat.us and download SRT LOADER. Dat's what u use on pc for software upgrade.

Regards.
Thanks Olenyi i will use a flash. Another thing what cud be the problem when a receiver can pick up a signal and scan channels but freezes the moment the picture is supposed to be seen?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2013
SULIEMAN3: thank you bros.
you really got the actuall fact there. just like you were there with me.
hope i should now go for the changing of the burnt ic? though i'm still looking for the one that corresponds with the number of the burnt one to replace it.
thank you bros.

@SULIEMAN3,

The burnt IC is definitely the problem. Your decoder should come back to life as soon as you replace it.

Cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
odilibe: Using the USB port on your receiver ,You must attach...a wireless usb adapter specified for your 4922a receiver,which will enable the receiver to search for available wifi devices....before using internet sharing /hotspot from your android phone...just a tip. ..Note this won't be usefull if your receiver does not support wi-fi..check specification...
which of this wireless usb is compartable to 4922,please specify the name of usb.thank u,please can 4922 do it as well
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by frk2hllywood: 12:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
i need some info on the liberty star T1 decoder. does it still show dstv channels as of today 15th,july2013? anyone with info pls email me. thx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
hon1977: Thanks Olenyi i will use a flash. Another thing what cud be the problem when a receiver can pick up a signal and scan channels but freezes the moment the picture is supposed to be seen?

Go ahead and upgrade it to the latest patch version available and dat should take care of it.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
faithchild: which of this wireless usb is compartable to 4922,please specify the name of usb.thank u,please can 4922 do it as well

Make sure ur software version is the one dat supports WIFI. U could cross check on

http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Africa

It should work fine.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
this is a piece of advice.. D money to be used in buyin usb wireless, use it to buy wireless router.. U won't regret it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by permie(m): 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
OSMi acquires Premier League
Free-to-Air rights for SA,Sub-
Saharan Africa

The Premier League has announced
ON mAY 15TH 2013, that Optima
Sports Management International
(OSMI) has been awarded a package
of live audio visual broadcast rights
for Free-to-Air Barclays Premier
League matches, for seasons 2013/14
– 2015/16 in the Sub-Saharan Africa
region, covering 50 countries. OSMI
also previously acquired the free-to-
air broadcast rights to Sub-Saharan
Africa for the 2007-2010 and
2010-2013 periods.
A jubilant Rotimi Pedro, CEO of
OSMI, said “We are delighted at this
news and are thankful to the
Premier League for the opportunity
given to us to extend our tenure,
thereby allowing us to build on the
extensive experience that we have
built up on the continent in the
free-to-air space. It is pleasing to
know that the Premier League values
our partnership and recognises the
role we play in the Sub-Saharan
Africa market.”
Andy Howes, Executive Director,
added, “The Premier League remains
Africa’s most popular League and
OSMI is keen to play its part to
ensure that premium football is
delivered widely to the free-to-air
audience in Sub- Saharan Africa. We
look forward to continuing our work
with the Premier League, our
network of broadcasters and
commercial partners; and to
enhancing our offering in order to
create an even greater profile for the
best of club football in Sub-Saharan
Africa”.
Premier League Chief Executive,
Richard Scudamore, said, “We are
extremely pleased that OSMI has
again chosen to invest in the
package of free-to-air broadcast
rights that we make available in
Sub-Saharan Africa. These rights are
important to ensuring that as many
people as possible can follow our
matches in a region which is known
for its passionate and dedicated
support for Premier League football.”
Get Optima Sports channel on Amos
5 C Band, Frequency 4147 R DVB-S2/
QPSK SR 5000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by greymwasonko: 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
hi guys any one who can help mi with the settup of a reciever hd GIGMAX 2200 HD, coz with astrovoz i can the signal + all the channels on 36e but im havin a problem with new recievr
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 4:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
George_D:

@SULIEMAN3,

The burnt IC is definitely the problem. Your decoder should come back to life as soon as you replace it.

Cheers!
thanks,
i hv got a similar IC today to replace it.
I will give feedback when i am done with it.
Thanks once more.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bobojoshua(m): 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
zobo-i-zee:
4922A box is okay on the average.I have one too. Sharing internet with it thru wifi using my andriod fone hotsports and can record hip hop jamz thru usb flash at the same time using internet radio via usb hub. I have watched latest movies too using youtube, manage diff file format well for video n audio, good photos thru picasa,dongle is ok ,cccam,gscam, map n hardstation 123 but 2 needs fixing. Am using 1.26p
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 5:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
Kosemanik: Can i watch joytv on my HITV pls answer dis question
pls answer dis question
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2013
SULIEMAN3: thanks,
i hv got a similar IC today to replace it.
I will give feedback when i am done with it.
Thanks once more.

will be eager to get d feedback 'cos i had similar probs wit my rx showing lnbf wit a burnt ic. Thought it was caused by lightning then! Do ur thang bro #SiddonWait
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pedronaran62: 7:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
[quote author=pedronaran62
i managed to track irib on 20 east using a 1.8m solid pan dish very easily. next i tried tracking the same bird with a 1.8m prime focus 6 petal dish with difficulty. i had to bend the top and bottom two petals inwards slightly to obtain maximum signal on al jazeera channels 4054 l 27500. i used the strong, wiztech, eurolink lnbs, but failed to hit green.then i used eurostar , hit green one go. see lnb skew on pictures

[/quote]

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
Guys on a lighter note

For those of us who's posts were at one time or the other hidden by the ''spambot pyguru'' or the mods. grin
Just discovered that we are not the only one's affected as even the main Oga at the top also occasionally has his posts hidden. grin
Abi na him dey hide am himself. Whatever.

So next time ur post is hidden, just grin and bear it. grin

Regards.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
try this type. it worked well with 4922A.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
At work. bought it around 3200.

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)