Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5453607 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by andrewbeltran61: 12:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sophieamore1: @HAZARD1759,
60CM IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO RECEIVE MBC 2 WITH VERY GOOD SIGNALS, EVEN IF YOU HIT 60% WITH IT THE SIGNAL WILL BE GOING ON AND OFF.
YOU JUST HAVE TO BUY A 90CM FOR MBC 2. WHAT I SAID IS "AT LEAST 59%". ITS VERY HARD FOR NEWBIES TO EVEN TRACK IT UP TO 59%, BUT IF YOU CAN MANAGE TO GET IT UP TO 65% ITS MUCH BETTER, BECAUSE IT USUALLY DROPS BY 5% OR MORE IN THE NIGHT.

EXCEPT ADEMIKE2002 WAS TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE WHICH WE DO NOT KNOW, BUT FOR THOSE HAVING SIMILAR PROBLEMS, TRY THIS.
@FREDDYGAZ, THANKS BWANA!!!

On 60cm dish i have MBC2 with 58% and sometimes goes off and on
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
andrewbeltran61: Hello House, please i have 2 dish ( 60cm and 90cm) and i have 4 lmb.
I want to put 2 lnb in 60cm and 2 lnb in 90cm.

Please can someone tell me best satellite to track and TP. My decoder is mytv srt4922A and i am in Ghana. I am also interested in leagues matches. I will wait for a detailed info to track.

Thank you in advance
in your 60cm, add 2 lnb for 36e and 28.2f. As for 90cm, u can track both astra4A/sirus4 and eutelsat 7e together on it but it depends on how proficient you are.
It will do u good if you use that 90cm for these three satellites Dstv, Multi tv and amos5 and thereafter use 60cm for mytv or any other satellite at your will that is receivable on 60cm.
HERE ARE THE TP FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED SATELLITES.
For 36e, use 12245h27500 and blindscan for the free channels to pop up.
For 28.2f, use 12523v19531 no need to blindscan just press "ok" on your remote and wait a little, there are 21 channels there that will come up.
For astra4A/sirus4, use 12015v29950.
for eutelsat 7e, use 12728v/h 30,000 in this satellite, there is no constant polarity/lnb tweakening for it, do tweak ur lnb while tracking it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by andrewbeltran61: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
SULIEMAN3: in your 60cm, add 2 lnb for 36e and 28.2f. As for 90cm, u can track both astra4A/sirus4 and eutelsat 7e together on it but it depends on how proficient you are.
It will do u good if you use that 90cm for these three satellites Dstv, Multi tv and amos5 and thereafter use 60cm for mytv or any other satellite at your will that is receivable on 60cm.
HERE ARE THE TP FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED SATELLITES.
For 36e, use 12245h27500 and blindscan for the free channels to pop up.
For 28.2f, use 12523v19531 no need to blindscan just press "ok" on your remote and wait a little, there are 21 channels there that will come up.
For astra4A/sirus4, use 12015v29950.
for eutelsat 7e, use 12728v/h 30,000 in this satellite, there is no constant polarity/lnb tweakening for it, do tweak ur lnb while tracking it.

Thanks for your reply. on
For 36e, use 12245h27500. on 60cm. I got dstv channels and non is showing.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
andrewbeltran61:

Thanks for your reply. on
For 36e, use 12245h27500. on 60cm. I got dstv channels and non is showing.
input this TP and scan it 12275h11200.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by andrewbeltran61: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
SULIEMAN3: input this TP and scan it 12275h11200.
Yes. i scanned those yesterday already. I have santata africa and others. So on 90cm i should track astra4A/sirus4 and eutelsat 7e and or Amos 5?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
andrewbeltran61: Hello House, please i have 2 dish ( 60cm and 90cm) and i have 4 lmb.
I want to put 2 lnb in 60cm and 2 lnb in 90cm.

Please can someone tell me best satellite to track and TP. My decoder is mytv srt4922A and i am in Ghana. I am also interested in leagues matches. I will wait for a detailed info to track.

Thank you in advance

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tayokay: 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
To all gurus in d house plsss, which strong decoder (4922A, 4930L, 4940 etc) is d best regardless of d price? I need ur advices all my ogas plss. Regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
Pls how do l restore option back after OTA upgrade @68e on my 69xii cos had pressed 6969 no option still..egbami ò.@sulaiman, olenyi, sophie & others.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abymoore(m): 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
Bowofola213: wich channel are present there

Reuters live
Optima sport
Feeds
A plus african network
dd urdu
dd podhigal
dd sahyadri
dd sapthagiri
dd india
those i wat i can get for now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
tayokay: To all gurus in d house plsss, which strong decoder (4922A, 4930L, 4940 etc) is d best regardless of d price? I need ur advices all my ogas plss. Regards
^
calis2: strong SRT 4950..4950H and 4950M full HD receiver.is on the way to d market.. watch out..
cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
@GANEX,
I DONT USE 4669XII BUT I THINK THE BEST THING TO DO IN THIS CASE IS TO REVERT BACK TO AN OLDER PATCH THAT HAS THE OPTIONS.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bowofola213: 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
abymoore:

Reuters live
Optima sport
Feeds
A plus african network
dd urdu
dd podhigal
dd sahyadri
dd sapthagiri
dd india
those i wat i can get for now
waoo wich 1 s showing action film among them
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 9:13pm On Aug 24, 2013
I use a 2.4m motorised mesh dish,I get dstv channels at 36'e but setanta,rdv,mbc jst refuse2 pop out green don't knw why...please help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
pboy2buzy: I use a 2.4m motorised mesh dish,I get dstv channels at 36'e but setanta,rdv,mbc jst refuse2 pop out green don't knw why...please help

What's ur signal level on the Dstv channels and is ur rx MPEG4 complaint?

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Gnsatelec(m): 2:33am On Aug 25, 2013
I agree with u bros, pple have to read through this forum b4 asking question, i register few months ago and since then i been reading on some topic that i have interest in. My problem is some pple aren't ever sat installer and done have the interest to learn but to confuse pple. On the receiver topic i been installing fta for pple like amos5 and eutelsat16 used one dish and one lnb and multitv on top, most of the receiver srt4663xii, 4669xii and other don't receive infinity and consat signal perfectly. But srt4922hd openbox s9hd and some good hd receivers work perfectly. So i recommend pple who love fta to upgrade to hd receivers the are best solution for today fta. Forgive me for my bad English. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 2:59am On Aug 25, 2013
olenyi:

What's ur signal level on the Dstv channels and is ur rx MPEG4 complaint?

Regards.

My signal level is 70%....and I use 4669x
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 6:18am On Aug 25, 2013
pboy2buzy:

My signal level is 70%....and I use 4669x
is it on 12245h27500 or 12275h11200 check this frq if it pop out?then try 2 increase by tweak ur lnbf! And feedback d house
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:43am On Aug 25, 2013
Jackobite: is it on 12245h27500 or 12275h11200 check this frq if it pop out?then try 2 increase by tweak ur lnbf! And feedback d house
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 7:11am On Aug 25, 2013
Jackobite: is it on 12245h27500 or 12275h11200 check this frq if it pop out?then try 2 increase by tweak ur lnbf! And feedback d house

Those two tps don pop out on mine ooo
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:25am On Aug 25, 2013
pboy2buzy:

Now this is something. angry If u have access to another decoder, try connecting that one lets see what happens.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 7:29am On Aug 25, 2013
Picz of the said tps

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 7:34am On Aug 25, 2013
olenyi:

Now this is something. angry If u have access to another decoder, try connecting that one lets see what happens.

Regards.

I have hitv decoder wil that do
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:59am On Aug 25, 2013
pboy2buzy:

I have hitv decoder wil that do

Na. Not at all. An MPEG4 receiver.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:02am On Aug 25, 2013
pboy2buzy: Picz of the said tps

Just had a brainwave.

Are ur sure u are at Dstv position? Kindly scan that green freq on ur pix above and post the channels for us to see.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:08am On Aug 25, 2013
Also select another ku sat and input those freq. Lets see if it will work now. Some decoders have a funny way of rejecting freq's when another freq a little like it is already stored within that sat name. (remember to set ur Diseqc for the new sat)

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 8:24am On Aug 25, 2013
olenyi:

Just had a brainwave.

Are ur sure u are at Dstv position? Kindly scan that green freq on ur pix above and post the channels for us to see.

Regards.

Diz r d pix

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 8:27am On Aug 25, 2013

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:38am On Aug 25, 2013
pboy2buzy:

Diz r d pix

olenyi: Also select another ku sat and input those freq. Lets see if it will work now. Some decoders have a funny way of rejecting freq's when another freq a little like it is already stored within that sat name. (remember to set ur Diseqc for the new sat)

Regards.

If this doesn't work.

Then check ur connection with another mpeg 4 rx.

angry

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hbhatti: 8:41am On Aug 25, 2013
swordswifter: @ All
INSTALLING A 12v FAN ON THE PCB OF AN SRT 4910 HD DECODER
This is just to help improve the cooling system of the receiver and to help you increase the longevity of the components. It will in no way guarantee the freezing and or unnecessary rebooting of the receiver when the leaking current accumulates back onto the circuit board. Use the method i posted in my earlier post to solve that problem. The things you'll require are;
* Soldering iron
* Soldering Lead(quality type for neat soldering)
* cleaning brush(for elctronics)
* PVC sellotape
* Screw driver
* 12v cooling Fan(Got a specialized fin type on a microprocessor of a PC graphics card)
* 2 pieces of wire strips
* Some white glue

Disassembling the srt 4910 HD receiver
The are 5 screws holding the outer casing together. A screw at each side of the box and three more at the rear end of the receiver. First unscrew this and take the cover off. Now unscrew the two screws holding the front panel of the receiver and gently but carefully remove the power connector, the front panel connector and the cam/card reader module connectors. Then remove the front panel usb connector and slide the front panel forward to release it from the lower case. *Remember what you take from where and keep the set of screws you remove from each slot together. Now turn the back of the receiver. You have five screws here. Unscrew all the five screws and keep them safe. Two of these screws are threaded differently. One is on the digital optical out interface and the other is inbetween the RF-In and RF-Out connectors. Be careful you don't mix these two screws. When screwing them back and you face a bit of a challenge, stop and check the threading of these two screws so that you don't damage their slots. Still at the rear, there are four more auxiliary screws you need to take of the receiver. Two of these screws are like knots on a bolt and are placed on the LNB input and the Loopout connectors at the back of the receiver. Unscrew these two and take off their washers too. Now unscrew the other two screws that hold the RS 232 connector at the back of the receiver. Now move on to the main PCB and unscrew the four screws left on the board. There are also two tiny screws that holds the cam module in place on the lower casing of the receiver. Use the appropriate screw driver (a small headed star screw driver) to get these screws out and now you can easily take of the PCB to start your installation.

Preparation
Make sure you twist the edges of the two pairs of wires and apply a small amount of lead on the edges. You do this so you don't apply unnecessary amounts of Lead on the PCB in the cause of your installation. After this, clean the tip of your soldering iron and attach the two pieces of wire to the terminal at the base of the socket of your fan connector. It is important you get a fan with it's own socket. This will enable you easily replace it in the future when it becomes weak or gets damaged.

Installation

The area circled in the first image is where the power connector is connected. If you look closely you will see the power values written besides each terminal. Turn over the PCB and shift the board so that the bottom terminals are now placed at the top left-hand side of the board as indicated in the second image.

We are looking for a 12v power source so look for the terminal that is indicated GND and another that is indicated 12v and where they appear at the base of the PCB. Note these points and heat up your soldering iron. (For my board counting from the right of the lower pins at the base of the PCB, GND falls on the 6th terminal whiles 12v falls on the 8th terminal). There are different versions of this receiver (Australia, Middle-east and Africa). I haven't seen those boards yet though i hope they are the same so always confirm where your GND and 12v terminals are before you start any soldering. Do not apply extra lead if possible. Just heat the one on your wires and the base terminals till they bond together. Clean the tip of your soldering iron and do the same for the other terminals. Now turn over the PCB and connect the power connectors, the front panel connector and the connectors for the cam/card reader on the mother board. Make absolutely sure you haven't soldered any too terminals together or any loose hot lead has fallen anywhere on the motherboard. If you are sweating too make sure non of the sweat has fallen on the PCB. Now connect your fan into it's socket and conduct your initial test.

Switch on the mains from behind the receive and check the direction of flow from the fan. It is advisable the air blows out of the PCB rather than into the PCB. If that is not the case, you can swap the wires for the GND and the 12v at the base to reverse the polarity and change the flow of the rotation of the blades of the fan.

After that is done, turn off the receiver from behind, remove the fan connector and layout the wire at the PCB as shown in the fourth image.

Fasten the wires in place with pieces of PVC sellotape and fit the fan socket connector close to the edge of the PCB with some white glue. Connect the sockets for the fans and apply a medium but generous portion of the white glue on the bottom of the fan and place it on the cooling fins on top of the CPU of the SRT 4910 HD.

You are now done with the installation.

You can now start fixing everything back in the reverse manner in which you took it out.

NB: If you don't want the messy method of fixing the leaking voltage on the SRT 4910 HD as i had posted some days earlier, you can fold up some PVC sellotape on the screw holes on which the PCB rests and fasten your screws through it. This should most definately serve the same purpose of insulating the outer casings. the only draw back is that you'll have to take the decoder apart to get there.

You can also watch the video of the testing phase here

http://youtu.be/E8mN9h8m9fc

@swordswifter
I like your post about installing external hard drive and this one. I have SRT4910 since 2009, it stopped working and only front flash light near power switch button is blinking. It is australian version of box. Can you please guide me how this can be fixed. I love this box, for the time being I am using an old Humax box, which has no MPEG 4 compatibility. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 8:51am On Aug 25, 2013
pboy2buzy:

Try 12428H 11200-3/4 (DVB-S2 QPSK).And as you can see from the parameters you can only access the channels using an MPEG4-compliant decoder.Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DAMOCA: 8:58am On Aug 25, 2013
PLIZ PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE HOW CAN I UNLOCK TV3 for MUILT TV 28e
and i track 19e with a 90cm dish
also is it posible to track nilesat 7w with a 90cm dish pliz pipo help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 9:14am On Aug 25, 2013
blexxonmak:
Try 12428H 11200-3/4 (DVB-S2 QPSK).And as you can see from the parameters you can only access the channels using an MPEG4-compliant decoder.Cheers.

That tp is red

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: niceface(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.